As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I haven't even touched CoW yet. I'll at least get my level 99 clear done before it's gone.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I'm waiting a couple days to do more CoW. I'll have Ling at EX+2 tomorrow with the login shards. I just got Elena to EX+3. Having the higher mod numbers tied to EX levels is definitely a choice.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    The EX levels requirement is definitely a weird thing. I mean on its face, it's no different from DV. If you want the max score/higher scores in DV, you still need basically a full EX+3 party to match the whales.
    CoW is just saying the quiet part out loud, is all.

But yeah, I can EX+2 Ling on Tuesday as well. Unfortunately, if you aren't aware, there is a bug with the starting position of the morale bar. You're supposed to get a bonus to the starting position based on the total EX level of your party. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be taking effect unless the total EX level is divisible by 3. So sadly putting Ling at EX+2 would send me to 13 EX levels and ruin the starting bonus. I can also swap EX+2 Ardyn for EX+3 Edgar but then I'm at 14. Maybe I'll luck out and the weekly free pull will get me two Terra's or Noctis.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Wait, is that why I was starting at like -30% morale? Well, nuts.

And I'm hoping to be able to +1 Ling soon.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I did one lap on the new banner step-up (until Free one) and walked away with Katiria #2 and NV Ling x2! The free weekly just had the guaranteed rainbows. I pulled a NV Physallis from an EX ticket. I used my currency to buy Ling shards to get her EX+1. I used my free NV ticket to get King Behemy because why not.

• Options
    EX+2ing Ling for me enough NV tickets for a pull, and it dropped King Behemy. I can EX+3 him now if I want, and I'm considering it because I like him and his card is pretty dope

• Options
    Since I went to 8 rolls in the Louise banner to get one Louise and one Ling, I'm considering whether I want to do the final 2 to get another copy of either of them. Would be a net cost of 7k lapis more (since that would let me get the 2k lapis from the tickets), but I'm down to 30K already.

• Options
    That's a tough one. Depends on how much you care about FF7R units I guess, as they're coming up pretty soon.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    That's a tough one. Depends on how much you care about FF7R units I guess, as they're coming up pretty soon.

IIRC the banner unit is, like, Sephiroth?

Let's put it this way. If I am given the option between not clearing content and using Sephiroth, of all things, I'm not clearing shit.

• Options
    The first banner is Tifa (and a free Aerith who is an amazing buffer/tag chainer) and the second banner is Sephiroth. Sephiroth is likely gonna be late August/early September. Sephiroth is locked to dark but is so strong that he will easily out-damage other units even if Dark is heavily resisted.

• Options
    Well, if the Aerith is free, that definitely takes out a lot of reasons to pull on that banner. I can live without Tifa.

• Options
    Decided to do a couple more 11 pulls to get the guaranteed Louise for a second TMR. Along the way I got Faris#1, who I had planned to get with either the Obnixus drops or the NV select ticket. Glad I waited! Now I have choices to make. I know I'm grabbing one copy of SoS Lightning for her SPR break and STMR, but the second choice is harder. I may just grab another Terra so I can finally have a second copy of her STMR.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Daily half price summon was Aphmau. I think I have every NV base tank now. I have Faisy, Gabranth, King Behemy, Melia, and Aphmau.

Edit: I don't have Snow! Well, one more to go then.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Free Weekly 10+1 had two forgettable rainbows in it. I decided to do a step on the 5th Anniversary with the 5% NV rates. I got a Noppy for my efforts. So, I think I have all of the new player created units now. Good luck to everyone else on your pulls!

• Options
    I went fuck it and did the last two pulls on the Louise banner to get the extra copy of the unit.

Do you want to see what total contrast looks like?

Pull 9:
    m2gt6nybh7il.png

Pull 10:
    d7ps8ysje7g3.png

• Options
    I also went a little ham and did another lap on the banner and threw my 40-ish tickets at it. The luck was extreme.
    Managed to EX+3 Louise and get within 50 frags of EX+3 Ling. So Ling will EX+3 for the next CoW at least since I can grab those from the VIP shop next week. I also got two more CB Noctis' on the way, so that's EX+3 for him.

Then I found a strategy for CoW using Noctis, Louise, Elena, Nyx, Ignis, and Shadowlord. Thanks to the FF XV and XI events, I can easily grab EX+3 for those last three.
    Boom Rank 1; that's a win.

• Options
    Uhhh... thanks Mog King EX tickets...

2obywMU.jpg?1

• Options
    I got another NV Ardyn from a 4* EX ticket. Thanks slots! Now I have Ardyn at EX+2 with his STMR. Since his EX level is more than my Noctis, I may slot him in to my CoW attempts over Noctis. Ardyn does have an active Fairy Killer buff that could help him close the damage gap.

• Options
    I got the NV Charlotte from a random ticket pull. I do like Charlotte, so it's a lucky pull for the collection.

I did also get an NV Lunafreya from an EX ticket a few days ago. Need to sit down and clear CoW and get a second so I can EX+1 her.

• Options
    I bit the bullet and grabbed an NV Terra with the NV of choice ticket. Having another of her STMR and progress towards EX+3 works well for me. That leaves getting SoS Lightning with the CoW currency.

• Options
    I grabbed Terra with my own ticket. I finally have Terra, right at the point when she's probably about to be knocked out of relevance by the new jump in NV damage, but I don't even care that much.

I might try to see if I can put together a fire team for CoW so I can take Terra and Louise for a spin. Louise chaining CWA is a bit of a pest for getting her chain partners though!

• Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    I grabbed Terra with my own ticket. I finally have Terra, right at the point when she's probably about to be knocked out of relevance by the new jump in NV damage, but I don't even care that much.

I might try to see if I can put together a fire team for CoW so I can take Terra and Louise for a spin. Louise chaining CWA is a bit of a pest for getting her chain partners though!

Terra should come back once the Celes banner hits. It's iffy because Gumi has been skipping a lot of the buffs but JP Terra got some big buffs to her abilities and her STMR. Along with the buffs NV Rain gets, I think Fire actually overtakes Wind as the OP element.

• Options
    Drascin wrote: »

If you also have Ling, Ling can give everyone in your party CWA frames and the ability to T-cast them. That makes partnering up Louise a lot easier.

• Options
    4* EX ticket dropped yet another Ling. Making good progress towards her EX+3 at this point. I'm 20 fragments away from Louise's EX+2, so I'll likely get that from VIP coins.

• Options
    I took a quick look at the CoW event. I quit after realizing that I would have to build and equip an entire new party. Why can't I load any of my regular saved parties?!?!

I burned through all of my EX tickets, regular tickets, and lapis. I got a few NV's, but nothing I really wanted (Diverti, Sol, and Akstar). Oh well. I kind of wanted Louise for the collection.

• Options
    Oh boy, two big snore banners in a row. That's uh.. not a great look for anniversary so far. Oh well, time to run Corundum Blasters a million times for the MAG stats.

• Options
    It wouldn't be such a big deal if they weren't skipping the associated story event . But they can't be giving us 2k extra lapis! Not during anniversary!

• Options
    Apparently Nichol is now Amane Kanata from Hololive for some reason? And since the story event is taken out we don't even get to know why.

• Options
    Finally sat down and figured out the Amon trial. Got the OBAMA after a few tries. Team:

Ling - killers, breaks, fire imbue/amp. Was wearing full passive provoke + reflect ring. Gave 3xSR to herself and Lucas to chain for finishers.

Lucas - magical cover tank, had nethicite for free turns. Used due to his wind imbue, which came in clutch.

Elric Bros - Water imbue/amp, helped with LB finishing.

Ardyn + Friend Ardyn - Jump bros.

Took some time to figure out the clear with this team but in the end I got it on turn 8 with all missions. Felt nice to figure out the 8 turn, 5-man clear. Very happy that your friend unit doesn't go on cool down if you fail/quit a battle.

• Options
    Used the login tickets for the day and got another Louise, so that's her EX+2. Glad I waited and didn't buy shards for lapis! Now I gotta get my act together and explode Morgana with as many EX levels as I can manage.

• Options
    CoW done, can't really get a super high score since I don't have a lot of high EX level units. But I'm at 1905 right now, so I'll take it. I'll assume that I'll get bumped over 2k, but that's still a decent rank.

If I had at least one more EX level on my party, I would've gotten a higher score. Basically, the starting morale prevented me from hitting the last morale spot (literally 4% off) so I couldn't do the morale ATK and MAG boost which would have given me a bit more damage. I just need to get Ling to a higher EX level as I have a feeling she'll be in my CoW teams for the foreseeable future. I can get some VIP coin fragments tomorrow to help and then just hope for fragment dungeon or an off banner pull. I'd rather not spend Lapis on a bundle or whatnot.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    I could probably have gotten bigger ranking, I'm a bit over 10K, but honestly, I don't think I care enough for the effort needed to get like 100 more shards.

Drascin on
  • Options
    This game giveth and taketh away... I like Nichol but not enough to use possibly 40k lapis, so tickets it is. And boy-howdy; somehow 15 tickets translated into 4 NV units.
    Of course, none of them were on banner. Melia, Vivi, Aerith, and Ling. I guess that saves me the VIP coins from buying the last 50 Ling shards I needed.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    First run of one of my Corundum Blasters got 20% MAG total, which isn't terrible. Gonna switch to the other one and try to get at least 20% MAG on it as well to help ease Louise's gearing some. I have a bunch of new weapons to run after these, including my second NV Terra STMR. I just wish that they would finally update our IW to be more like JPs - they have a bunch of item agnostic rares, so you can get a MAG based rare on a gun, for instance. They also have better rates, I think, and IW is essentially permanent.

With the new units I was able to get with anniversary (namely Faris and SoS Lightning), I now have a BiS set-up for Lunafreya. That alone has me a little tempted to try for Nichol and his silly water amplify, but I have essentially no resources. Guess I'll chuck random tickets at the banner and hope.

Cruor on
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I'm working on Ling's knife first. 190 atk is pretty high for a thing that also comes with some significant LB help. Corundum blasters later.

Drascin on
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Oh yeah, Ling's Daggers are definitely on my list as well. We're going to have to run this IW a lot to get the last slot token rewards, so I'm sure everything I want to run will get done in time.

I also want to rerun my True Purple Lightning now that it's been upgraded. I want to throw at least some MAG on it. It will probably still never see real usage but maybe someday NV Lasswell will get some actual love and be useful.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Was able to get enough fragments from VIP coins to EX+2 Ling, so that's cool. Got enough for Louise so that if I pull another dupe I'll get her EX+2.

• Options
    Spent some time leveling/grabbing insignias to level up EX abilities for all of the NV Base units I've gotten recently, just in case I need them. Didn't pot them but got the big stuff out of the way.

Of course I pull a random off-banner Lassgen after they're powercrept. Is nice to have access to that STMR.

• Options
    I used a few tickets on the new banner. I got an NV Charlotte! Neat! No idea how to use her...

• Options
    So it begins... FF7 collab banners for a month.