Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Didn't realize there was a free NV unit pull. Should I grab a 2nd NV Lightning? Heard her STMR is really useful. Or I could get Akstar & Cleome for their STMR which might be BIS for Sephiroth?

Akstar&Cleome's STMR is second best for Sephiroth. The upgraded Masamune we are currently part way through getting the stuff for is better thanks to the static ATK it gives him.

Lightning's STMR is indeed great, probably be a good idea to have two of them if you don't need any of the other units.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Not sure how much it matters. I was hoping to get a decked out Sephiroth to throw as a friend unit and uninstall, but seems that may not be a possibility. 60K left me missing 1 of him at minimum (with another coming from VIP coins down the road). Already have 1 NV Lightning STMR, and with IW, I can run Masamune through for him. I've been trying to chunk away at the story, but that's going to take me hours to get enough lapis to even do 1 more lap. I'll just grab another Lightning, at least it's moving her towards EX+1.

I did get enough summon coins to get my first 10 NV ticket summon, Cloud...

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Well, Item World next week for everyone who wants to max out their Masamune's. If only the fragment dungeon was as frequent as this thing seems to be...

Kind of disappointed they invented a whole new NV unit for this CoW instead of using one of the fan design units. They're too crunched for time to make GL NVA's but they have time for brand new GL units on top of the Fan Design units, I guess.

Oh well.. going for Seph, my wind team is already stacked from off-banners. I have Faris and Bartz at EX+3; hopefully they leave the damage cap at 2.1 billion again. Throw in a few random NVA units that I have at EX+3 and fingers crossed I can cap it again without the new unit.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I scraped together enough lapis to do the 3rd step on the Sephiroth banner. I got my 3rd NV Sephiroth! I threw my remaining tickets (from raid rewards) at the banner and got NV Behemy #2. I'm not sure if I'll farm story to try for the last step. I can get EX+2 after the VIP shards are available.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I do like Skye's sprite design. It's a refreshing take on a dragoon character.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Posted my lessons learned on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/p1e3a1/day_1_player_calling_it_quits_lessons_learned_for/

It's been fun. I have to admit to really enjoying the first half of FFBE's lifecycle. Even having to figure out emulators to grind TMR's had a weird enjoyment in it. Not as much of a fan of how chaining has been handled for all of the games life cycle so far. If I had to pick my #1 issue, it's that. Why in a mobile game do we need external applications or OS bugs to help us with gameplay. My #2 issue was off banner pulls. I've been vocal about them already though haha.

Anyways, I had these things jotted down for almost a year and finally wrote them out. I'm not the best at translating my thoughts to typed word, so hopefully the lessons learned make sense.

Are are quite a few fun elements to the game. Jumping back in, it's fun to figure out how to equip, which units to chain, elements and all the micromanagement FFBE has in it.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    Posted my lessons learned on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/p1e3a1/day_1_player_calling_it_quits_lessons_learned_for/

It's been fun. I have to admit to really enjoying the first half of FFBE's lifecycle. Even having to figure out emulators to grind TMR's had a weird enjoyment in it. Not as much of a fan of how chaining has been handled for all of the games life cycle so far. If I had to pick my #1 issue, it's that. Why in a mobile game do we need external applications or OS bugs to help us with gameplay. My #2 issue was off banner pulls. I've been vocal about them already though haha.

Anyways, I had these things jotted down for almost a year and finally wrote them out. I'm not the best at translating my thoughts to typed word, so hopefully the lessons learned make sense.

Are are quite a few fun elements to the game. Jumping back in, it's fun to figure out how to equip, which units to chain, elements and all the micromanagement FFBE has in it.
    Looks like the mods over on reddit did not appreciate your post. It's been removed....

• Options
    CoW updated to only need a combined EX+16 party is a great change. Now to max score you only need four EX+3 and two EX+2, or five EX+3 and one EX+1. Pretty nice change, and makes it so that if you can only EX+1 the new hotness CoW unit for the month you can still max score so long as the rest of the team is EX+3.

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »

Looks like the mods over on reddit did not appreciate your post. It's been removed....

That's strange, nobody was fighting in the comments. I've emailed the mods to see why they removed it. Maybe they don't like talk of FFBE 2? Took me a couple hours to put that together.

I pasted it below in spoilers.
    Finally uninstalling the game after 8 months of just logging in, and thought, let's look at what SQEX, ALIM, and/or GUMI could learn from FFBE 1 if they decide to do a FFBE 2.

Why am I quitting now? Mostly two reasons:

I don't like the NV system. Which is why I've mostly only been logging in and not really playing. Logging in here recently to go all in on Sephiroth has only made me hate it more. There are better ways to implement getting duplicate units (we'll touch on this later), and locking skills behind dupes sucks for player experience.

Lack of content. I think this goes without saying. But we'll touch on this as well later.

It wasn't all bad though. Plenty of fun memories: pulling TGCid for the first time, getting my 3rd ExDeath to rain meteor death on all in arena, pulling Noctis for the first time to finally be able to grind the hardest Raid level, finally beating The Rumble of Malboro or Sheratan (2 of my favorite trials), and I'm sure others I'm forgetting.

Anyways, let's move on to Lessons Learned. Below are some of the things I hope SQEX, ALIM, GUMI take into consideration should they launch a FFBE sequel. Some of these they are trying to execute on today, though it's probably too late and saddled with legacy systems. Also these are about making a better game, which in turn should make more money for it's owners. I'm not leaving the business side of things out for these and asking for tons more lapis or 10% pull rates, trying to be somewhat realistic haha. These are not in any specific order.

1) Chaining - This is an easy one. Chaining is fun! In a game like FFBE it helps differentiate units and allows for units to be useful even if they are not meta. It's a good concept. However nobody should have to use a macro or any other external software to make this work. This isn't a twitchy fighter game, where chains are also testing your skills and reflexes. It's a mobile game, just make chains work. Why this isn't fixed in FFBE 1 blows my mind.

The easiest option is a button to "pause" combat allowing input of skills, then un-pause. Or just code the timings so that they match up with reasonable human reaction time. We have some families that are pretty easy to chain today, just do that for all of them.

Since all chains would be equally as easy to do, it also allows you to add effects to them to diversify the game more (touch on that later). Some chains may be longer (30 hits) but do less overall damage (better for finishers), vs another chain family that is shorter (7 hits) but does more damage. You could do different chain families that amplify elements, or any number of things that would allow for interesting unit design.

2) Items were way too powerful at the start of the game - This and the next one are sort of tied together, and are related to overall game design. While I get they wanted to include items from the Final Fantasy games, those items are late game acquisitions and they are part of a single story game. That model does not work for game as a service gacha games that may have multiple stories and new challenging content released over years.

Let's look at one of the main offenders, Ribbon. It's by far not alone, but is the easiest to illustrate this point. Once players had Ribbon, you nullified all status ailments as a method of balancing content. If my DPS unit and my friend DPS unit had Ribbon, challenging fights that were based around status ailments could be easily beaten. This did not stop challenging content from being made, but it limits the amount of content that can be created since you have to rely on other mechanisms. It also impacted unit design, minimizing units abilities to resist certain ailments. It didn't negate them, as they could free up an equipment slot, but it lessened their impact.

Now Alim/Gumi has sort of fixed this issue with overriding ailments, but it's a bit late and it's incredibly cumbersome (I have to have 2 immunity pieces/skills to really have immunity, that's fun for newer players to try and find out).

This is also true for item stacking. GUMI did a pretty good job stopping overpowered items from stacking, but weirdly left physical evasion. How many trials have been cheesed due to 100% evasion? Accuracy for bosses seems to have helped here, just take that over to a sequel.

3) Enemy Design - Let's just jump into this one as well since it's related to the last one. Due to powerful TMR's and items like Elixer, it limits how creative you can be with enemy design and unit design. If you're limited on creativity, you've limited yourself with content.

Without Ribbon or skill based immunity to all, you could create challenging content that focused on each status ailment. Trial A uses Blind, Trial B uses Sleep, Trial K uses Blind/Sleep/Confuse, etc. Since we the players would need units that are either immune to those specific ailments or have collected gear that allowed for that immunity, it would force us to use more varied units and equipment to clear. This doesn't mean that Alim/Gumi can't create content, they have, but we need more and this would allow for that content to be created and balanced faster, meaning we get more content.

The additional benefit of this is less complexity for challenging content. One thing that slowly started to bug me was going from quickly looking over a guide and then tackling the trial, to having to have the mini-novel of a guide up while doing the trial as it was so complex. This is a mobile game, it should try it's best to never require you to have a guide up while tackling challenging content.

Dark Visions started off like this and the first couple were great. Sadly they started morphing the later levels into the overly complex model of other trials, which killed my enjoyment.

Now Alim/Gumi seems to be learning in this regard and adding a bunch of new features around weapon/element imperils and other design options to allow them to be creative when designing content. However that leads to the next couple points, creating systems for diverse content, needs to be inline with other systems like acquiring units.

4) Unit Design - A few lessons learned here: decrease unit skill count, don't neuter items, increase viability of less rated units (3*/4* and now 5*), remove TMR growth through battle.

Poor items. With items like Elixer being as powerful as it was combined with a lack of creativity, items really got the shaft in FFBE. If you gave a unit the ability to use an item on all, some items became really powerful and on par with some of the meta skills at the time. However for some reason, Alim/Gumi really liked using the 'No Items' as a mission type. Whether this was for balance reasons or they couldn't come up with something else, who knows. Combined with a lack of offensive items or skills that boosted those items to compete with the meta, meant items for most of this game took a backseat. Eventually we started seeing team items and some more variety, but again way too late in the lifecycle and I don't think I've ever used them. Maybe a 'Kill with Item' mission with some more item powered units would have helped.

The second one, find some way for 3* and 4* units to be useful (and now 5*). Yes, there are fun videos of those units clearing trials, but 99% of the players are going to use their best units for challenging content. One fix that's been suggested over and over again is to create content where only 3* and/or 4* units are allowed. Some of the best designed content in this game, the Chamber of Arms was built with a gimmick like this (later Chamber of Arms content failed due to release schedule, not design imo). Another option for 3*/4* units would be to specialize them even more. Maybe they have meta level skills but lower overall stats and 3* units have 1 meta skill, 4* units have 2. My favorite idea would be to tie 3*/4* units to elements (or some category) and use them as stat pots. For example, 3* Cyan might be Water element with Attacker role, so he could boost Water element attack stats. 3* Rydia might be Ice element with mAttacker role, so she'd boost Ice element magic attack stats. Really anything would be better than what is currently in FFBE where 3*/4* units are more a time waster in terms of having to clean up inventory and offer hardly any value.

Third, remove TMR growth. Right off the bat, macro's became a thing allowing players to farm TMR's quite easily. Removing battle growth, gives moogles more value as a reward, which they lack and have lacked through most of the game. Keeping the expedition feature would give players another way to grow TMR's. It's also incredibly important for balance. Whales will whale to get TMR's if they want, but for 99% of us, it's easier to gauge how many TMR's we have to balance new content vs if some % of non-whales are using macro's to grind TMR's.

The fourth one is something Alim/Gumi is doing currently and overall I think it's a good thing, cutting down on unit skills. Most units really only use half their skills at best, which means wasted development time on skills that folks don't use. Additionally, this is a game about collecting units. It's fun to break out "maybe not meta" unit X due to them being the element required for the content. It's not as much fun to have Noctis or Xuan Wu who is good at everything for 6+ months, or units like MM Xon who help cheese tons of content. With less skills it allows for more diverse parties involving different chains, elements, support, etc.

This also allows for your SSS/6*/UR whatever top tier unit model to last longer. Instead of needing to "power up" units to 7* and then NV, if units are more specialized, it'll take longer to have units that cover all bases. But that leads into...

5) Unit Rates and Player Spending - If you specialize content and units, you need to make it easier to pull units. This is a tricky topic as everyone has different opinions on what is fair. Personally I'd remove off banner units from banner pulls and either keep current style rates or decrease them a bit if needed. Additionally offer at least 2 tiers of bundles, a lower 'Fountain of Lapis' tier that has a slower trickle of resources over the month and another tier for dolphin/whales. Also keep banner prices reasonable, F2P should be able to pity 1 banner a month with this system. Like-wise, provide a free pull per day. Why the daily banner pull is 250 lapis boggles my mind. Lastly, stop with this 'need multiple units to unlock full potential' model that started with 7*'s.

From a business perspective, gacha companies want a good mix of whale spending with decent % of the player base buying the lower tier. Whale spending can be erratic, what happens when your top whale moves to a new gacha? But if you can get a % of the player base buying per month, you have a floor for your profits. A newer player coming in to the game mid-life is more likely to be a lower tier buyer than a whale. With specialized content, you need players to be able to get units that can help them clear it.

FFBE has always had a problem with pricing. The cost for a unit has always been way too high compared to how fast the meta moves. $99 gets you 18K lapis. That's only 30% of the way to a pity on the new 60K banner. The only good value bundle has been the Fountain of Lapis (barring anniversary specials or other 1 time deals). And even the FoL has been sporadic and not a monthly bundle. Looking at monthly lapis totals, there is a major gap in how much we get vs even 1 pity today. June 2021 was estimated to be under 24K. That's not even 1 pity in the new 60k banner system nor was it a full pity under the older systems.

As mentioned off banner units needs to go away. This game is at it core about pulling units. There is nothing like going from elation to despair when that rainbow drop from the banner, only for it to grant an off banner unit. I'd 100% take slightly lower rates if all rainbow/NV's were on banner. Every time, it makes me not want to pull. That's not a good message/feeling you want your players having in a game where you want them to pull.

Duplicate units... Not even sure where to start with this one. 7* was terrible. Then the first NV units had at least 1 unit worth of skills available. But that didn't last long and now we're up to needing 4 units just to unlock all a units skills. Just remove this from your design plans in any game. Just as player hate the feeling of pulling off banner, pulling the character you want, only for them to be neutered, is right next to that feeling. There are plenty of options for dealing with duplicates. Removing battle TMR growth could allow for unit merging to boost TMR rates still, giving duplicates value if set at an appropriate amount like 25% or so for top tier units. Or just have 5-6 levels of stat improvement, so if you get a dupe, cool, my unit is tiny bit stronger. Whales will still pay to max out stats and your average player can use duplicates that pop up with free pulls, EX tickets, etc. The longer limit break mechanic coming isn't bad either, kind of hearkens back to PS1 FF games and charging LB's.

I know the simple write up here is, be less greedy SQEX, Alim, Gumi. I'd argue that being player friendly has a better ROI in the long run than being as hostile as they have been. And if a sequel is made, folks will many other gacha options and experience with the genre, over when FFBE was first launched. If they don't learn to be less greedy, the game won't live up to it's potential.

6) Magic Design - Let's finish the design lessons learned with an easy one. Magic design sucked in FFBE. It's usefulness was terrible from the start and even when magic was released with chaining families, it never really competed well with skills. I know Alim/Gumi is doing work in this area and I hope they take those lessons with them into FFBE 2. Ideally Magic should just be a type of skill, just as Physical is a type.

7) Too many currencies - Holy hell, this game has way too many currencies lol. And we see the issues that this causes, many of them become useless, Star Quarz anyone? Or they can become basically obsolete when new unit forms come out, ie Cryst's.

Standardize currencies. Star Quarz could have been used instead of "Red" Star Quarz. Crysts could have been used instead of Forticite. Plan this stuff better for FFBE 2.

8) Better Mission Requirements - No Magic, No Items, No KO's, etc are all really boring and outside of challenging trials, don't really do anything but make story missions slightly more tedious. Oops, forgot to summon an esper, gotta redo. Just get rid of mission requirements for normal story missions. Leave them for boss encounters. Let's see better requirements like 'Use Fists' or if unit design has elements tied to them, 'use unit element type x'. As for the No Items or No Magic, we've already covered why those missions screw creativity, so just leave them out.

9) Bring QOL improvements in from early on - This should be easy. You know how to code these in now, just bring them over. Searching, filtering, boss tips, skill descriptions, large inventories, etc. All those great QOL improvements should be baked in from day 1 or at least all planned to be launched within a year.

10) Don't make things too easy - This is directly related to the Rumble of Marlboro. Yes, when it came out, I couldn't do it. Was it the end of the world? No, in fact it made my experience playing the game better, since I had content I couldn't clear when it was released. Not everything needs to be cleared asap. In fact, this is one of the issues with FFBE's content. Everything that is released, is pretty much clearable day 1. Why should I grind better weapon enhancements? Why grind for lapis for new units? If everything can be cleared with units that have been out for a year+, then what is there to work towards? Don't listen to the vocal minority that cries out day 1 they can't do it. It's a sure fire way to make your content boring and drive players away. This doesn't apply to events or other time limited content.

To that end, make sure rewards for the ADV, PRO, ELT levels really match as well. ADV seemed to think you needed help with promoting a 4* unit, giving sacred stones or megacrysts or other bad rewards. ADV should be giving 6* awakening materials at minimum. PRO should be giving materia or gear that would help with the ELT version. Looking at a couple currently, more megacrysts and star quartz...

Hopefully SQEX, Alim, and Gumi can learn from FFBE and make a better game for it. As mentioned the gacha market is saturated now with options, they won't have the luxury they had the first time around. I'd love to see a FFBE 2 at some point as I did get a lot of enjoyment out of the game early on.

• Options
    Struggling to figure out what to try and roll onto Sephiroth's Masamune.
    I've tried a couple variations in the builder; Masamune with no enhancements and Masamune with Rare+15%+10% ATK results in... the exact same gear setup. Tried it with multiple races seleced as the enemy, builds are always the same between no ATK-% or all ATK-%. It seems Sephiroth just maxes out too easily and more ATK-% on his weapon seems absolutely useless. Roll for HP/DEF/SPR to just up his bulk? Seems insane to do.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    Struggling to figure out what to try and roll onto Sephiroth's Masamune.
    I've tried a couple variations in the builder; Masamune with no enhancements and Masamune with Rare+15%+10% ATK results in... the exact same gear setup. Tried it with multiple races seleced as the enemy, builds are always the same between no ATK-% or all ATK-%. It seems Sephiroth just maxes out too easily and more ATK-% on his weapon seems absolutely useless. Roll for HP/DEF/SPR to just up his bulk? Seems insane to do.

Having bulk for CoW is great, as you'll probably not want to bring a tank most of the time and you're not penalized for taking damage. I'd go generic HP as much as possible, and aiming for the rare at least gives 20% ATK as well to make sure you have a little extra wiggle room.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I should look around and see if I have anyone that can AoE imbue wind. I don't expect I'll manage to get to 90 like last time in CoW, since last time I could go Light damage, which I do have a solid amount of, but I'd like to get some prizes at least.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    I should look around and see if I have anyone that can AoE imbue wind. I don't expect I'll manage to get to 90 like last time in CoW, since last time I could go Light damage, which I do have a solid amount of, but I'd like to get some prizes at least.

For CoW; I think the only NV unit is Bartz. You can also use Lucas or Poppy as well, but then you lose out on the NV bonus for morale/more challenges. But they're fine if you just want a floor clear to get the individual rewards.

• Options
    edited August 2021

For CoW; I think the only NV unit is Bartz. You can also use Lucas or Poppy as well, but then you lose out on the NV bonus for morale/more challenges. But they're fine if you just want a floor clear to get the individual rewards.

I mean, last time I certainly had trouble just to do floor clears, and that was with a pretty okay team, I feel.

And I don't emember Bartz, who I think I do have (at +1?) having an AoE imbue, mostly self. Oh, right, he has one to imbue self and one other, I suppose you can just cast that one a lot. Bit unwieldy, but it's something.

Drascin on
  • Options

I mean, last time I certainly had trouble just to do floor clears, and that was with a pretty okay team, I feel.

And I don't emember Bartz, who I think I do have (at +1?) having an AoE imbue, mostly self. Oh, right, he has one to imbue self and one other, I suppose you can just cast that one a lot. Bit unwieldy, but it's something.

Bartz's BS LB is an AoE wind imbue.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Ah, I see. And it even has a reasonable-sounding cost. A big part of why I don't rely on LB centric characters as much is because they often need someone dedicated to filling the LB dude's bar. But 36 crystals sounds a lot less annoying than 80.

(Bartz, why the heck do you even have a GC attack. Who even uses that anymore)

Drascin on
  • Options
    Bartz also has the benefit of auto-filling his LB at the beginning of battle, so long as you start him in his base form. Also, Bartz's base form LB does increase his chaining mods, so even that's useful if you need to squeeze in a little more damage.

• Options
    His cooldown (or magnus? Can't remember) in BS form is also a giant AoE 45% damage buff to wind physical/magic damage. He's a very big unit for uber wind damage.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I decided to pull for Skye since I like the design. Not the best luck I've had, since I had to settle for the pity copy, but did wind up getting Sephiroth on an off banner. I can't EX him yet, but I guess I have him in my back pocket for later.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Ha ha ha. As per usual, really. The less I want something...

So, I'm aware that I shouldn't pull for Skye, even though she has a very rad sprite, because I'm at 48K lapis and Celes is litely to be soon. But I still felt like pulling something so I threw a blue EX ticket.

Straight red. Sephiroth. Who I have no intention whatsoever of using. This game makes fun of me, I swear.

Drascin on
  • Options
    Well that'll do just nicely... did the 3+1 for Skye; got her on the last step. But on the way, I also picked up another Sephiroth.
    So I said why not and threw my new handful of tickets back at Sephiroth's banner and landed another one. So now on next reset, I just need to pick up 20 fragments from the VIP shop to round up the login shards and EX+3.

• Options
    I don't really care about Skye, so I'll toss whatever tickets we get from events her way and that will be that. Lapis is gonna be saved for...something down the line! If nothing else we know we will be getting an NV Reberta thanks to her winning the popularity poll, so maybe she will be something good to save for.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    My CA Aerith EX+2 is not quite strong enough to 2 TKO the Arbiter EX boss. I probably should have farmed her chronicle weapon... She only hits it for 60% of it's life with the holy reflect trick. I know that I can squeak out more damage with rod imperil and putting a rod on Aerith, but that's only 35% more. Maybe with good RNG I could kill it on turn 2.

edit: I tried again and tweaked some gear. I got him down to 7%. I think I just need some better damage RNG and I can get it done. I'm still not sure if I should focus Aerith's stats more on SPR or MP for more holy damage.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Yeah, my own hits the boss for about 39%, so I needed three turns, so no mysterious crystal for me. I just don't kow if I can be arsed to make much effort for a crystal I'm realistically never going to use because rare item.

• Options
    My CA Aerith EX+2 is not quite strong enough to 2 TKO the Arbiter EX boss. I probably should have farmed her chronicle weapon... She only hits it for 60% of it's life with the holy reflect trick. I know that I can squeak out more damage with rod imperil and putting a rod on Aerith, but that's only 35% more. Maybe with good RNG I could kill it on turn 2.

edit: I tried again and tweaked some gear. I got him down to 7%. I think I just need some better damage RNG and I can get it done. I'm still not sure if I should focus Aerith's stats more on SPR or MP for more holy damage.

I focused on SPR first and MP second. I hit with a regular Holy capping a chain on turn 1, and then reflected Holys on turn 2 for the kill.

• Options
    Yeah, my own hits the boss for about 39%, so I needed three turns, so no mysterious crystal for me. I just don't kow if I can be arsed to make much effort for a crystal I'm realistically never going to use because rare item.

What are the mysterious crystal's for? I went back for the Lord of the Sewers EXT but took 3 turns due to not having enough beast killer.

Noticing WD Ling is part of just about everyone's teams for this stuff. I leveled and maxed CD Aerith, but I'll have to see who else I have to bring.

• Options

What are the mysterious crystal's for? I went back for the Lord of the Sewers EXT but took 3 turns due to not having enough beast killer.

Noticing WD Ling is part of just about everyone's teams for this stuff. I leveled and maxed CD Aerith, but I'll have to see who else I have to bring.

The mysterious crystals (at least in JP) can be used to level an NV unit above 120. You can use up to ten of them to level an NV unit up to 130. Not really much of a reason to do so at the moment. You can also use a crystal to give a 7* unit a Vision Card slot. This is cool as hell in JP and makes units like Zack and other 7* upgraded units viable. However, since global has skipped just about every single 7* upgrade...this will not be a good use of the crystal for us.

• Options
    Rank 1 CoW again; woohoo. Was able to do it with EX+1 Skye, so not much investment required for this one; though I did dump a ton into Louise/Ling that was also a huge part of it.
    Team was Skye, Louise, Ling, Elena, Ignis, Bartz; everyone at EX+3 instead of the aforementioned Skye.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Any tips for equipping and resistances and important lynchpins? I'm not going for ranking, but I would like to at least clear most of the levels for the rewards, and I epxect this one is going to be more difficult for me than the previous one, which already was a thing, and I'd rather not waste the entirety of a saturday afternoon trying things. I have most of those at Ex+2 - Bartz is EX+1, Elena is EX+3, and I don't have Skye, sadly, though honestly seeing I'm at 51K lapis I might try a roll or two and see what happens.

Drascin on
  • Options
    You need everyone on the party to be immune to status effects from gear, and also everyone wants their combined wind and dark resist to be 200%. Also, you want a passive provoker who is status immune and has 150% resist each to fire, earth, wind, and dark. The gearing requirements are a bit higher than last time.

You need those resists to be from gear because the boss does an AoE dispel before attacking round 1.

• Options
    Oh boy. Getting all those resists without using buffs (that would get dispelled) while also still trying to fit in stat increases and killers sounds like a hell of a puzzle

• Options
    It's been awhile, how do you use FFBEequip to look for abilities? I'm trying to see who has Undead Killer I can use since I don't have WD Ling.

• Options
    Unit Search tab. Wait for all the loading json notices to go away before you start using it, it can take a second.

Then find killers in the big list of things on the left. Click on either the physical or magical undead button depending on which you want. Then make sure only AoE on that section is selected to find the party wide killer buffs.

• Options
    Okay, after a kind of ridiculous amount of puzzling I managed to get Ling ready for doing the evade provoke on this thing. This will help a bit because since she can do reaper killers I might need less juggling of killers on the rest of the party.

At least with the rest of the party I'm only targeting two resists, not four plus evade and draw.

• Options

How are you getting that close? I spread Delta Star Sak's Reaper buff and capped a reflected chain and only took 30% of it's health. I'm trying Shoreline Daisy/Fina to absorb the damage, the CD Aerith, DS Sak for buff and carbuncle, MM Xon to spread and BS chain, and Sylvie to buff Aerith/Imperil light/grant Shore D/F BS attacks.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong really. Looking on reddit, I see folks having luck with Sephiroth, who didn't do much for me at all.

• Options
    I scraped together enough lapis to do a full lap on the Sephiroth banner. I got an off-banner Sol #4 and another NV Sephiroth. So, NV Seph is set at EX+2.

• Options
    I scraped together enough lapis to do a full lap on the Sephiroth banner. I got an off-banner Sol #4 and another NV Sephiroth. So, NV Seph is set at EX+2.

Grats. I did enough story to do one more lap, but only got NV Charlotte on the final step. I think that may be it for me. I'm not having luck with the current event, maybe not enough magic undead killers (seems a ton of killer materia was released over the last 8 months). And trying to get 12K from the story is going to take way too long.

• Options
    Yeah, I'm done with doing events and I'm multiple chapters behind on the story. I'm just doing the free summons every day and burning lapis on step-ups when I have it.

• Options
    Hope your lapis is ready @Drascin. Looks like it's your time.
    I can't decide if I want to go for a lap on this one... I am really hurting for lapis now; my stash has been destroyed. Kind of want to build it up for Yuna now since she'll be the next premium unit.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    I'm tempted by NV Skye, but I think I'll hold off until next month's CoW unit and see what we get. Skye will continue to be a good unit for CoW due to her main damage coming from her LB, which can be imbued with whatever element, but I'm not a big fan of her sprite. If we get that 30k Lapis from the "We're sorry we aren't doing Story Events anymore" compensation before the next CoW banner I'll have plenty to guarantee the unit, whoever they end up being. I just hope they're more interesting to me than Skye is.

edit: hahaha nevermind it looks like the 30k lapis is coming at 5k per month for 6 months.

Cruor on