As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    That ultimately depends on of they decide to start making enhancements/latents good or not. Rena's enhancements feel like an outlier in comparison to other enhancements lately (*cough* Esther *cough*). To be fair, I didn't really pay attention to the other collab enhancements, so those could've been good.

Hopefully they'll make future enhancements worth the investment.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    I pulled another 4 Feis, to go along with the 4 I had already pulled previously, searching for a second Elly (finally got her!) during the colab-fest. I'm really hoping they get around to making enhancements for him.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Damage dealer enhancements/latents are generally disappointing with few outliers (Tifa, Lulu). Enhancements/latents for supports are generally very very good. So, hopefully, Beryl would get something good, as would Myra, even though she's still one of the best healers in the game.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Well I broke down a grabbed MMXon from the bundle. I UoC'd his prism with the intention to STMR ticket him. But upon using the builder, it seems we don't really have enough draw attacks stuff to forgo Moogle Plushie. Using Doc Aiden with MP, all his equipment was pre-loaded to get most of the way to 100%. Just needed Dodge Roll. Which allows for 3 materia slots free or if I removed RoL, I'd lose 2 Materia slots and gain an accessory slot.

Using both Lockes and MMXon's STMR's, quickly got me up to evade, but I needed to use both accessory slots and armor for draw attacks. Leaving me 20% away. There's a 10% materia we got and one we could craft (no idea if I did). But that leaves only 2 materia slots and head slot for resists and such, with a lot less flexibility.

Granted DW Galuf could use them both and free up a ton of stuff, but not sure if that one use case is worth an STMR ticket yet.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Yeah, draw attacks is always Plushie + K Producer Jacket + Moogle Charm for the non-tanks.
    This is why Vaan's STMR was such a big deal; since it gives you the 30% draw AND dodge in that one weapon slot.

• Options
    Since I grabbed ALocke's STMR recently, if I get a MMXon I probably won't STMR moogle him since having both is overkill. Sure, MMXon's STMR is BiS for TDW dragoons, but I have Machina's STMR and that's almost as good.

• Options
    Sweet mercy, they made the text bigger for your choices of mods in IW. My old man eyes are very thankful for this. Less thankful for them selling us what we should be getting for free as an anniversary gift.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    It's gonna tank my Mog King currency that I could get, but I'm going to wait the full two weeks to summon for this one. The second UoC is next week, and there's another Mog King in two weeks (based on the 2nd 5* ticket announced as being on the 23rd). Either of those could be GL Exclusive units... the next mog king could also be Vaan. Either/or means 2 possibly 3 banners in a row that might be big summons. Lapis must be judiciously used if that's the case; going to need all the knowledge I can possibly get.

I'm quoting myself so I have it on record that I have an impulse control problem, haha. Had a bad morning, so I fell to the dopamine temptation and summoned anyway. Thankfully it worked out; pulled both a Rem and an Ace (along with first copy of Assassin Shadow for a free TMR, thanks earlier raids). So exchanged a ticket for another Rem (because her TMR is a stackable materia, Ace's is just a meh weapon) and 8 UoC for Ace and I'm set for magic DVs for the future now.

• Options
    I threw some tickets, but no dice. I have better luck at night, so gives me today to think about it. Part of me is really annoyed they gave both of them 9 hit count LB's but didn't make them Bolting Strike.

• Options
    I'm tempted to pull thanks to the pretty great buffs Ace got, but I don't really need either him or Rem, and I don't have any attachment to FFT0. Gonna wait and see what next week brings before making a decision. Most likely not going to pull, since the next MK is almost certainly Vaan, and he's almost required for hard content going forward.

Also, broken record time, but I want those damn unit design contest units.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I did a few tickets on the banner and used some EX stuff. Nothing on the banner. The EX stuff got me IF Rain #1, Delta Sakura #2, and SD Akstar #2. Not bad overall.

• Options
    I fell for the hype. Tried to snipe Rem or Ace on the 12k and struck out. I ended up doing 2 laps and got 1 Rem and bought both of their prisms. Got A.Fry #7, and W. Shantotto #2 and #3 along the way. 20% tickets was A.Lass #6. Step-up was not kind to me, but I have BB Rem up for bonus.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Poor impulse control day here too..,

I used up all my ex tickets/10+1/5+1, two dozen tickets and 4* tickets, and most of my lapis on a 25k and 12k step up + 1 step for the 5* ticket

The haul: (Not in order)
    A. Lasswell #5
    L. Shantoto #5
    Ass Shadow #3
    Garden tool Zidane #1
    DK Freya #1
    Agent Olive #3
    MW Terra #3
    Rikku X-2 #2 (just potted DoD Vanille yesterday)
    Water Closet Ace #1
    BB Rem #1 & #2

I’ll have them up soon, is there any reason to go for two Rems? I still have my Ace/Rem exchange ticket and prism to select. Her STMR looks nice but not instant grab.

• Options
    Rem's TMR stacks, and has 25% MAG TDW. That's a decent reason to get two Rem.

• Options
    I think he means whether you want 7* Rem #2 or Rem STMR.
    I almost never care for dupe DPS units anymore, just because you can't use them in Dark Visions. And that's the only real "challenging" content anymore.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Honestly, I'm tempted to try my luck there, see if I land anything. Rem looks useful and easy to use. Has CWA and BS chains, so I can chain her with many people. Ace looks like more of a pain in the ass than I'm willing to deal with, though. And I'm at 55k lapis.

On the other hand, well, might be more stuff coming, and I don't have any particular attachment to Type 0.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    I'm still hoarding, waiting for something exciting to entice me to pull. I'm sure the meta / power creep will force my hand eventually, but I can wait for now.

• Options
    Yeah, always remember you get to see two banners worth of news before they go away. Gumi seems to be plowing full steam ahead to Neo Visions as fast as they possibly can.
    I checked, I was surprised how close we are just going by Mog Kings. We have Vaan's, then Kuja's, then the next one was Neo Vision Cloud.
    So if they skip a bunch of the raid units and S3 story event units, we could easily get there by the end of August.
    I think a good hint will be if next week is a story event with Daisy or Poppy or if it's a raid event with Bahamut Dark Fina. If they skip Daisy and Poppy again, I think that's a real good indicator that Neo Visions are going to hit a lot sooner than we think.

• Options
    Yeah, the quickened pace to NeoVisions is pretty evident right now. I have a feeling the new version of Elena they are working on is going to be our first GLEX NV unit.

• Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm tempted to try my luck there, see if I land anything. Rem looks useful and easy to use. Has CWA and BS chains, so I can chain her with many people. Ace looks like more of a pain in the ass than I'm willing to deal with, though. And I'm at 55k lapis.

On the other hand, well, might be more stuff coming, and I don't have any particular attachment to Type 0.

Both have BS chaining moves with meta damage. For someone who 99% plays on iOS, it's pretty much the only chaining type that is manually doable. Even SR sometimes breaks. It's the main reason I'm interested. Also why I'm bummed about their LB's since they could have made a great partner to XWQL.

maraji wrote: »
    Poor impulse control day here too..,

I’ll have them up soon, is there any reason to go for two Rems? I still have my Ace/Rem exchange ticket and prism to select. Her STMR looks nice but not instant grab.

I'd probably go for the STMR. As Lorek mentioned, we hardly ever need dupes anymore and her dagger is pretty good. It's only the 2nd high MAG dagger we have, but it also has decent SPR and has innate 100% LB fill and DW.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »

Both have BS chaining moves with meta damage. For someone who 99% plays on iOS, it's pretty much the only chaining type that is manually doable. Even SR sometimes breaks. It's the main reason I'm interested. Also why I'm bummed about their LB's since they could have made a great partner to XWQL.

Manually chaining in Android isn't free either! I lose a ton of Edward chains. BS really is the most reliable chaining family.

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    I went a little nuts and spent a bunch of tickets and lapis but ended up with both 7* Rem and Ace.

It's worth noting that their moves are physical-with-magic-damage, so they benefit from the more abundant physical killers and external imbues. Their Bolting Strike moves are also single target, which is nice for DV.

• Options
    One of the event banner tickets cracked blue to rainbow for Yuraisha#2. Nice to have more buffer options, and her typed mitigations are pretty nice.

• Options
    Also enhanced she can throw out 75% Beast Killer for MM Xon to spread around; or do 120% imperil wind/earth. All while giving decent sized buffs. I've used her a couple times in DV for that stuff.

• Options
    I got two rare on weapons the past couple of days. Sleep Blade I got the rare, unique, and 12% HP for a total of 57% HP and 25% DEF. Then I got the rare on Centurio (Crimson STMR) this morning. The other mods were ok - 7% ATK and 10% SPR.

I really have no interest in grinding a MK event every day so I'm burning through NRG pots. I'm about halfway done.

• Options
    Well my luck of pulling at night came in again. Started with finally getting a rare on Ignacio's STMR. Been running it 3-4 times an IW just to see if I could get anything. Then threw 10 4* tickets, and 15 3* tickets at the banner, which got me 1 of CG Ace and BB Rem. Figured the 12k step-up was the way to go, worst case being 24K vs 25K. My rainbow on step 3 was Crimson #2, but got CG Ace in the pool. Noticed I still had Type-0 only tickets that just came in for some reason and out of those, got CG Ace #3.

He's up in event 1 fully potted. Give that I have 8 Ace's, I was hoping the game would keep those odds with this Ace as well. Too bad his STMR is only ok. Hopefully my luck will continue for more BB Rem's, since her TMR is really nice and right now I only have 1.

• Options
    I decided to run the 12K step-up, got two rainbows, one of which was Bartz #3 and another was WoL #5. Sigh.

...and then I threw five normal ass tickets in the banner and got Rem. So, with the banner coins I got the prism, and I got Rem up on Event 2 for use.

• Options
    Bored so I blew through to the 30k ticket; Black Mage Golbez #4. So now I have a shiny new armor piece that no one can really use? Huzzah!
    Oh, and along the way, I got 3 more Type-0 banner tickets and one them dropped rainbow and turned into Rem #3.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    My 30k ticket was Zeno#5. I guess if he gets an NV I'm set to at least EX+1 him so he can brave shift. Weee.

Edit: Knowing that you need those extra dupes for NV has really made me less upset when those dupes drop.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Oh, I miscounted - that was Bartz 4, not 3. So that's an STMR sword.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    My 30k ticket was Zeno#5. I guess if he gets an NV I'm set to at least EX+1 him so he can brave shift. Weee.

Edit: Knowing that you need those extra dupes for NV has really made me less upset when those dupes drop.

I’m a petty person so I still get angry.

• Options
    maraji wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »

I’m a petty person so I still get angry.

Oh, I'm still not happy about it because I could have gotten something actually useful, but the sting is taken out of it somewhat.

• Options
    Have ads been screwy for you guys this week? Once or twice a day I’ll watch an ad, close it, and the wheel doesn’t show and the and counter doesn’t decrement. It is usually an ad for some sketchy “free moneyz!!1” scam, but since that’s nearly half the ads I get served that may not mean much.

• Options
    Ad's have been glitchy for months for me. I'll get one, get to the wheel and then immediately "crash" back to the main ad screen with a full count. I've just given up on them for the most part.

• Options
    Oh hey, finally landed a rainbow in an NE ticket.

MM Xon, at that. This guy is supposed to be really good, right?

• Options
    NE ticket had two rainbows, DK Freya#1 and HA Charlotte#1. Two great units, but not so great that I'll throw UoCs to 7* them.

• Options
    Got a double rainbow on my ticket, too.

WH Raegen #3 (technically#2 but I UoC'd a prism) and AC Tifa #1. One more Raegen for his STMR.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    2g 8b on the anniversary ticket, but I got more banner specific tickets and ended up with Ace #2 - right after I picked up his prism. So now I’m halfway to both Rem and Ace STMRs

First MK 5* was AD Kain #6

maraji on
  • Options
    So, I've been thinking about the story in season 3 a bit and I have come to the (apparently very!) unpopular opinion that it is pretty good, actually, and people hate it because western culture has conditioned us to hate anything that could be perceived as something teenage girls would like.

I'm 100% serious. At least by the standards of the other seasons, season 3 is fine (and it's not even done! You can't even judge it as a whole because it's ongoing! Nobody knows what the payoff will be!). Sure it uses some silly anime tropes but the other seasons used them WAY MORE. We even got the uber-trope of "Fighting tournament to decide blah blah blah" in both Season 1 AND Season 2. That shit flies, but Magical Girls is a line we shouldn't cross? Magical Girls fucking rule. A powerful, quick-growing baby with mysterious origins is too far? Again, powerful floating uber-baby is a neat trope and can lead to some cool discoveries later on (who is that baby? Why are they powerful? Etc etc etc).

I can see the surface level criticism of Fina's personality (lol sexay poze Iz dum lol) but that criticism COMPLETELY ignores Fina's arc (and it does so because those people probably also skipped S1 and S2 cutscenes while still saying S3 is worse). Lemme lay it out. Fina spent most of S1 and S2 defining herself by the friends she had and by comparisons to Dark Fina. This makes total sense since she had no memories, following the "born yesterday" trope. She has to develop her character in relation to those around her. And then S3 happens, and she's 100% removed from her usual circumstances, so she has to develop an individual personality. And she starts by basing that personality on the outward expression of her other self, who is provocative and sexual. This makes sense as she admires Dark Fina's strength and self-assured nature. However, as the season goes on and Fina starts to develop her own, individual expression, the sexy pose stuff is dropped. It hasn't happened in awhile! Character growth based on experiences? Scandal!

Sorry for the rant, but it just bothers me that people are bashing the season while also admitting they don't even read the story stuff. Are there criticisms to be made? Absolutely! But the story is not worse than it has been in S1 and S2. Again, I believe this is based a lot in western culture force feeding us the idea that anything girly is bad.

General disclaimer: These are just my opinions, and I don't think people are bad or have bad opinions if they dislike S3. I just wanted to share a counter-opinion.

• Options
    I'm thinking about using an STMR moogle on Greg 2.0. I have Nagi's STMR but there are so few TDW mag materia out there. For physical, the minimum is normally 50%, and here we get BB Rem with 25%. We also have a straight up 100% TDW physical materia, 100% TDW phys and mag. WIth more and more TDW mag users coming, I feel like I'm running out of gear.

Anyone following JP, do we get a 100% TDW mag materia anytime soon? FFBE Equip only seems to list a few more 25% ones like CG Kuja's.