As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Costume Fairy Adventures - The Great Pie Carper! [Now Playing!]

13

Posts

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Ahhh. So, one thing i should clarify perhaps, ooc: None of the "Romantic" prospects actually have caught Mae's eye. Her love is Pies! (Also, bill and john are treating her like a prize, while Tanya is wildly misinterpreting the customer/service person relationship)

    That said, for the With a Little Help - go ahead and roll for it! You can creatively tags as many things, etc and it'll let you narrate more of just how you're laying the framework.

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Magic=3
    Alright, tough one. I'll spend a Magic. I'd also like to invoke my Keen Senses to read her body language. I might also argue that manipulating someone is pretty Sneaky. I think I can get away with using Focus because I'm trying to analyse her. (I considered a change of costume for a fifth die, but I don't think it's time for that yet)
    Magic=2
    Geth roll 4d6 for Supportive Friends

    Supportive Friends:
    4d6 9 [4d6=3, 1, 2, 3]

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    (boom, you pass!)

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Mae appears to be calming down a little, even if she still doesn't quite comprehend the situation. She loosens her grip on Lemonly and Neferi, allowing them to pull free if they want. "Just stay out of my way, keep people from bothering me without a really good reason, I'll let you know if I need anything. AND. DON'T. STEAL. MY. PIES. EVER. AGAIN."
    Thistle stands up straight and salutes, pie slice still in hand. "Whatever you say, Friend."

    (That last bit is obviously a long shot. I expect we'll still have to find a way to identify an actual 'Friend of Mae' to pull this off, if we even want to keep tugging this thread)

  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    (Woo, stumbling into success. That's my game plan!)

    Lemonly wearily wipes her brow as Mae stalks away. "Thanks, Nefari! I'm sure she'll be thanking us in the end."

    She looks again at her note-cloth and fiddles with a pair of spectacles that appear on her head for the purpose of being fiddled with. "I wasn't completely fast-talking her with that talk of the Eternal Pie. The theory behind it is sound. I... just... need..." She trails off as her gaze passes a convenient window into the Inventor's Lab and all the tantalizing tinker-tech on the other side.

    "Yesssss... Some of that may do nicely."

    Lemonly wants into that lab! Is there anyone on the inside she can get the attention of, or will she have to resort to more intrusive means to gain access?

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Price remains in possession of 4 Magic Dice

    If Price wasn't so tough and manly, he would have crowed for how well this was all going, so he settled for a good grunt from one lineman to another on a fantastic block. The plan was perfect, the plays were perfect, and the player (him!) was perfect and ---- No. No! The small sparks and explosions that marked his passage through the air came to a screeching halt.

    It would have to come off. It was so ... horrible, unnatural - a travesty! Price switched directions and came to a stop between Rose and VII. He takes a moment to compose himself and catch his breath, hands on his knees, then straightens.

    "Rose! Coach says that has got to go before the portrait is painted after the contest!" He stabs an accusing finger at the scraggly mess on VII's upper lip, chin, and neck.

    Seeing Rose's confused look, Price sighs. Clearly she was confused by who "Coach" was, and not an elf appearing between her and her betrothed. "Allison, she says they're going to do a portrait, and we need ... ew ... that taken care of first."

    He turns to VII, "You get it, right?"

    *Rolling Moxie (3) to stiff arm any resistance straight into the dirt and get that goatee off VII's face without further argument*
    *Tagging Impulsive (Price, got distracted from his other goal to handle this), Born to Rule (Rose, trying to make sure she doesn't embarrass herself in a way that could come back later), More Authentic than the Real Thing (location, Price is 100% lying about Allison needing the goatee gone and about the portrait) for a total of 4 dice*

    Geth roll 4d6 for I Moustache You to Remove That, for the Good of the Land

    I Moustache You to Remove That, for the Good of the Land:
    4d6 13 [4d6=3, 1, 3, 6]

    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    (that's 1/3 successes down to pull the shennagin off! Also you've claimed of the fabrication notes from Allison's shennagin. Nice work!

    2 more rolls to get rid of that beard! Go ahead and narrate things, and I'll introduce some drama once you have to justify further rolling!)

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Magic=2
    "I'll help you get in if you need help getting in, I'm strong, and fast, and sneaky." (ooc: This is me giving permission to use an assistance die if desired)
    Thistle looks over the remains of the table. "Meanwhile, in dirty, scary, Pie Crime Alley, our hero turns her attention to the all-important task of making things look cool."

    (I imagine I could do this 'slow and steady'-like if I wanted to use focus for a better range, or I could invoke my costume to do it fast and get an extra die, can't really sell myself on both though and failure can be funny, so: Craft=2, Keen Senses (for the attention to detail), Faster than a Speeding Bullet (to get this done before we get interrupted again) no magic spend this time around I think)

    Geth roll 3d6 for A hastily made Fairy costume

    A hastily made Fairy costume:
    3d6 16 [3d6=6, 4, 6]

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    (Womp womp womp. So to be clear, you were trying to progress makin hte fairy statue? Just so i know what i'm narrating going terribly wrong)

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    That would be the case, yes. Got 2 magic out of it at least

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    And gave me two trouble dice. Which gives me a healthy 6 trouble dice. Muahahaha. Right! I will follow this up shortly.

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    MaclayPolaritie
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Price recovers a fumble for Magic Die number 5!

    Rose looks critically over the very bad goatee. "Look, if there's going to be a portrait painted today..."

    VII, in an uncharacteristic moment of defiance, defends the offending hairs. "It's taken me long enough to grow this already, I don't want to start all over!"

    Price could see that VII's defense was wobbly and off balance. It wouldn't take much to put it over the edge. "It's the play he'll never see coming - a riddle, then. How do you become the black sheep of a family of black smiths?"

    *Rolling Focus (2) to make either one of the couple see this as a way to stick a clean shaven face into the eye of his probably magnificently bearded blacksmithing father*
    *Tagging Sophisticated Strategy (costume), Extra Sneaky Offense (Price, using a riddle to Incept the idea into VII's own head), Whatever My Father Wouldn't Do (VII), The Gentrification Process (Location, because Gentrification means looking more like a Gentleman, right?) for a total of 5 dice*
    Geth roll 5d6 for Riddler, I Hardly Knew 'er!

    Riddler, I Hardly Knew 'er!:
    5d6 22 [5d6=4, 4, 3, 6, 5]

    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    (at least I got another magic die out of that one!)

    SrUxdlb.jpg
    The Zombie Penguin
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Nefari has forgotten about Franz. Was that their name? The one that was angry about pies.

    Oh! But they’ve got to become a human and go on a date with... Tanya! She’s kinda cute in a way.

    So Nefari needs to be big for a start... and for that, the master of villainy needs to make a MECHANIZED BIGGENING SUIT!


    Gon’ to be Scheming here.

    Temporary Quirk! Is that Human Pretty and Nice?...

    A Craft roll (3)!

    Part One of Becoming Human Plan is Go!!!



    The plan is simple: Steal an assortment of pots, spoons, watches, door handles—whatever is metal (because robotic vehicles are just lots of metal, right?). The trick is to get away, being stealthy is secondary.

    Geth roll 3d6 for Stealing Things

    Stealing Things:
    3d6 9 [3d6=2, 6, 1]

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Oh man, 8 trouble dice. I should do things with these trouble dice, or just leave them sitting here, Ominously. Waiting. Lurking.

    I will follow up - so sorry if i'm being a bad gm here! Vomiting incident laid me low. Clearly, time traveling fairies were to blame.

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    I would just like to point out that Price hasn't been the one messing with food or drinks (yet).

    Also, take your time - health is super important!

    SrUxdlb.jpg
    Maclay
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I would just like to point out that Price hasn't been the one messing with food or drinks (yet).

    Also, take your time - health is super important!
    I would just like to point out that Price hasn't been the one messing with food or drinks (yet).

    Also, take your time - health is super important!

    You sure? Because sneezing bits of burger out of your nose (Human bodies are not well designed to deal with vomitting) seems like EXACTLY the sort of fairy curse i'd expect.

    Thanks a ton for your patience with me everyone!

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    Lord Palington
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    @Endless_Serpents You passed, so go ahead and narrate PART TWO OF GET TANYA ON A DATE whenever you get back from real life adventures.

    @Lord Palington (I am impressed you tagged that many dice and still missed a successes. anyone wnat to crunch the odds on that?")

    Here's how things went 'orribly wrong FOR YOU.

    ----

    VII just looks baffled, and then narrows his eyes. "No way. I am not removing the beard. I spent way too long grooming this just to shave it off for a portrait." he humpfs and crosses his arms. This in turn prompts rose to laugh at price quietly, and be pleased that VII is sticking up for himself for once. Looks like price's offensive offense has come unstuck! He's going to have to get sneaky if he wants to get the goal on home. The fact the bar patrons are good naturadlly cheering on VII's rare case of having a spine is really not helping - the crowd should be cheering for you, by titania! Not for some johnny come lately with a silly goatee he wont shave off

    VII gains the temporary quirk: Extra Beardy Stubbornness

    (OOC: Well, you're not getting that beard off him with his consent, but you're a fairy! You can totally figure out another way)

    ---

    @Bursar You could get in somehow, i'm sure! Roll for it and narrate! i'll count it as a success towards the eternal Pie project should you pull it off! Maybe enlist Maclay's help

    ---

    @Maclay

    Indeed, you were faster than a speeding bullet in your attempt to assemble what i can only assume were wings for the statue. However, even as the omniscient narrator, i cant really say what happened to them - they were last seen departing for orbit at great speed, along with most of the other usable material in Pie Crime Alley. No doubt future astronauts and fairynauts will wonder - How DID what appears to be a pair of fairy wings cobbled together out of a table come to be in orbit? Why are they here? What can we learn from this, and most importantly: Why do they smell somewhat of pie?

    But that's boring future stuff for boring future fairies, not Gritty Detectives Attempting To Solve/Narrate Crimes. in the here and now, you are BEREFT! Bereft of wings, and bereft of supplies. But not Bereft of the temporary quirk of Sugar Rush Induced Speed - looks like you've not figured out how to slow down just yet after your piecrimes!

    Also the village square is permanently down a table, but who cares about that? Who TRULY is to blame for this crime? Not you, that's for sure. You were trying to make things awesome - that's no crime!

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Magic: 3

    Lemonly examines the window to the Inventor's Lab, looking for a way inside. Sure, theoutside provides a few ways top get in: a cobblestone, a chimney, the mail slot in the door... But none of those quite have the panache you should have it you want to break into a proper lab.

    She looks at the window again. You can see the little gears turning in her mind. There's got to be an easy way inside that everybody's overlooking...

    I'm going to try a Focus [2] roll for this one, since she isn't trying to bust through the window, but figure out a way to sneak in.

    Bear with me on this, since I'm going to play with the rules!
    • Lemonly uses the Stylish Tux's Sleeper Agent Power, which lets her use the Tux's Quirks even if she isn't wearing it (with the requirement that she has to Quick Change into it for free immediately after the roll). With this, I tag the [i[Espionage Specialist[/i] Quirk for extra sneakitude.
    • I'll tag the alleyway's Scene of a Crime-to-Be quirk, as she's about to break into private property and you know she's not leaving without taking some of those fun-looking doohickeys with her.
    • I'll tag Lemonly's Lazy Quirk, since she could probably go to the front door and knock, or ask around and see if anyone would let her in. But the window's right heeeeere...!
    • Lastly, I'll tag Thistle's Sneaky Quirk. Thistle's inner monologue isn't quite as "inner" as she thinks it is, and her constant low mumbling gets exceptionally gravelly whenever Lemonly approaches the likeliest spots to penetrate the meager defenses this window provides.

    That's... Whew, 5 dice if @The Zombie Penguin allows it!

    Geth, roll 5d6 for Let's Get Sneaky!

    Let's Get Sneaky!:
    5d6 22 [5d6=5, 6, 4, 2, 5]

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    As long as you put in even a mild effort to justify quirks, it's fine! Also funnier!

    Like I'm only going to nope somone of its just oh I use my X quirk with no reasoning on why. It dosent have to be good reasoning mind (terrible puns would be accepted). Just as long as there's some reasoning!

    Congrats, your in! Go ahead and narrate your awesome spy entrance and I'll detail the location aftet that. Also I gain a trouble die and you gain magic!

    (I suggest everyone checks the wishful thinking rules at this point, as you're all steadily accumulating magic. Hint hint!)

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Magic: 4, GM Trouble+1!

    Lemonly runs her hands along the outer edge of the windowjamb, humming an old breaking-and-entering song passed down by her mama's mama (who was later tried for Gran Larceny, but acquitted due to not getting a Fae trial).

    It goes a little something like:
    doo doodoodoo doooo doo,
    do doo doodoodoo doo doo,
    da DA NAAA... Dah nah naaaaaah!


    The inventor clearly never considered the problem of home security. One of the panes of glass neatly pops free from the frame and Lemonly oh-so-covertly somersaults through the space. Somehow, she's wearing a tuxedo when she comes out of the roll, and she confidently adjusts her cufflinks as saunters in without looking back.

    The tiny sound of breaking glass is completely covered up by a sudden trumpet sting and an echoing guitar riff. It's the perfect crime, one that nearly makes one wish they had an audience to see them being so stealthy.

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    The Zombie Penguinzekebeau
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Magic=4
    "If you build something, set it free. Sooner or later it'll come back to bite you on the butt." Thistle watches her creation depart, wondering to herself what to do next. "That butcher fellow has been stewing in his own juices for a bit now. Best deal with him before he starts cooking again." With astonishing speed the Avenging Idol of Justice scales the building and begins to search the town. But to what end? The two strongest options to get the Bloody Butcher of... Somewhere out of the running were to focus on his negative feelings or find something to distract him. Maybe both. "I'll need some sort of fuzzy animal."
    And so, Thistle thoroughly searches the village, inspecting every nook and cranny for hide or hair of the perfect pet, a suitable specimen, a... "What sort of animals do humans like best again?"
    (I would like to roll Focus, because I'm being thorough. Sneaky to avoid scaring whatever critters cross Thistle's path. Keen Senses stacks and will help spot the less visible creatures of interest. I think I can use the fact that the square has So Many Pies because that's liable to attract a whole bunch of animals, desirable or otherwise. Finally a bit of Magic, because why the heck not)
    Geth roll 5d6 for Finding a Ball of Floof

    Finding a Ball of Floof:
    5d6 14 [5d6=1, 5, 6, 1, 1]

    The Zombie Penguin
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    (Go ahead and narrate what you've found, Maclay! I'll come up with some quirks for them etc once you do. Also, i'd liek to note you've gained a magic die! You can also still complete the rebuild of the statue, it's... just going to take more effort and new ingredients given your current ones are In Space)

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Magic=4
    A motion! To her left, accompanied by the telltale scratch of claws against stone. Too brief to identify, but absolutely the animal that would be necessary for the mission to be completed successfully. Thistle edges around the side of a potted plant of some kind, not wanting to scare the creature, until she can get a good look. Four legs, tail, fur: Almost certainly some kind of dog. Thistle narrows her eyes, formulating a plan to get a hold of it.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    29kzkfdobbwd.jpeg

    After several minutes (hours of work is just too long for a goblin) Nefari has built a WHPS (weaponised human person suit). It’s got rocket boosters, naturally.

    They throw off their corset, because littering is evil, and put the bee suit over the top of it. I mean, what do you wear to a date anyway?

    With that they blast off down the hill in the hopes the first house they get to is Tanya’s!

    Bursar
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    (Apologies all, i've had ANOTHER vomiting incident, so my replies will be delayed. If i find out it's any of you, i'm setting cats on your fairies.

    I may just set cats on your fairies ANYWAY, but you know. This will be like, extra vindictive cat setting)

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Penguin's trouble dice: 10, i think (I... need to do something with these).

    For @Maclay:

    You've located a new NPC

    The Ball of Floof
    Quirks: So Damn Fluffy, Hypnotically Floofy,
    Temporary Quirk: Mucky

    You've successfully located what is a dog. probably. Maybe. Sorta? it's just so FLUFFY it's hard to tell. So, So, Fluffy... It also seems to have no collar, nor anything that would mark it as owned - in fact, it's floof is looking a bit ragged and matted, which briefly leads your mine to terrifying places about what it'll look like once it's cleaned and properly fed. Still, if you wanted to give someone a dog pet, it'd be hard to resist!

    (OOC: Also by my count, you're at two success out of three for the Getting John a Pet - so if you wish, you can proceed as if you've caught this, and use your next roll on convincing john. That, or catching it will be enough you'll just need to show john tis to get him to adopt it! Whatever you think is: Funniest, and cutest.)


    @Bursar You've made it into Jack Pratt's house! Or rather, Guilherme Pratt's inventor';s lab on the side of said house.

    Location: Jack Pratt’s House/Inventor’s Lab

    Quirks: Happy Family Home, Potential Clockwork Apocalypse

    This is just the nicest house. It doesn’t look expensive, but it’s been maintained and improved with love. The lab is a separate outbuilding that’s less likely to take the family home down with it during Guilherme’s frequent misadventures.

    Shennagins:

    Should Have Invented Security (5 motes) “Liberate” an awesome invention from the lab.
    Home Improvement (5 motes) Help out the Pratts by adding a “tasteful” and “restrained” decoration to the front of the house.

    Guilherme and Sprocket the dog are both in the lab, working on something with Lots Of Gears and Slightly Ominious Ticking. Well, Guilherme is working on it. Sprocket is doing dog things.

    Guilherme Pratt
    Quirks: The Best Husband, MaybeThisWill Work[/i]
    Sprocket the Dog
    Quirks: The Best Dog, Defender of Hearth and Home


    @Endless_Serpents - Sorry, i'm still figuring out where to take things for you! I'll reply Soon TM to follow up your thread

    ---

    OOC check in: Everyone having fun so far? Are there things i could be doing other than more regular posting (apologies! health is health) that would improve? As said, i'm really new to this gming thing so any and all feedback is very welcome - please let me know!

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    [OOC: Yeah it’s really fun! I don’t think anyone minds a slow Play by Post, especially with all that’s going on with the world.

    I think for us players, once we’ve come to the conclusion of the things we’re up to now (like Nefari and getting the fake date set up), we should try our best to cross paths and play together, whether on a team or as silly rivals.]

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    [OOC: Yeah it’s really fun! I don’t think anyone minds a slow Play by Post, especially with all that’s going on with the world.

    I think for us players, once we’ve come to the conclusion of the things we’re up to now (like Nefari and getting the fake date set up), we should try our best to cross paths and play together, whether on a team or as silly rivals.]

    (Actually, just a note there: Mechanically, you actually have a greater chance of Getting things done if you're contesting each other over something. According to the devs this is entirely intentional and entirely in character for the fairies).

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    [OOC: I haven't really gotten comfortable with taking control of the narrative yet, but that is 100% a me problem and outside of that you're all good.

    Currently pondering that third roll, not sure yet, kinda feels like convincing him would overlap a little much with the first roll, but I'll figure something out and post again with it hopefully soonish]

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Maclay wrote: »
    [OOC: I haven't really gotten comfortable with taking control of the narrative yet, but that is 100% a me problem and outside of that you're all good.

    Currently pondering that third roll, not sure yet, kinda feels like convincing him would overlap a little much with the first roll, but I'll figure something out and post again with it hopefully soonish]

    (Possibly just go for capturing/putting a leash on The Ball of Floof, or doing something to remove it's Mucky quirk - assuming your'e succseful you can just narrate John adopting it as part of things!

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Magic=4
    Thistle wasn't sure if the best sell was to evoke cuteness or pity, but at least a dirty dog would look less... stolen, "Unless I pose as it's soon-to-be-former owner. If I can wrangle the beast into the fountain..." Because every town square has a fountain, doesn't it? Thistle hoped the village had a fountain, but she agreed to believe that any pool of water was a fountain for the sake of fulfilling her scheme.
    Lining up her quarry with some object in the distance that she assumed was a fountain, the hero waited for her moment. She observed the movements of the crowd and the hound, making sure The Butcher would not witness what followed, but knowing where to find him in due course. It's now! She springs forward.

    (I think Thistle is being careful enough in her observances and timing to warrant Focus (4). Magic of course. Keen Senses allow her to follow everything going on around her and hopefully accurately identify the alleged fountain. She still has costume induced Speed but would the Sugar-Rush count against her, in her favor, or not at all? I'll roll a die for it, but we can just cut off the last result if need be. So I'll roll five)

    Geth roll 5d6 for Bath Time

    Bath Time:
    5d6 12 [5d6=1, 1, 1, 6, 3]

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Magic=4
    The dog made a somewhat dog-like sound as it was suddenly yanked of it's feet. It almost immediately found itself submerged in hopefully clean water. It struggled but was unable to break free of it's captor's cuddly grasp "Ssshhh, furball. You must be cleansed of evil if we are to draw the affection of your new Pop-Pop."

    Emerging from the water the animal sputters a little and tries to shake some of the water off, but otherwise resigns itself to it's fate. "Oh, woe is me! I clearly cannot care for this creature! My love is simply so much less than such a wondrous beast deserves." The very damp pile of fluff finds itself looking up at a large person and puts on its best 'Help me' expression. "You sir! John Butcher! I distinctly recall you saying you desired an animal to care for. Please oh dear friendly local, won't you take this sweet little critter and show it the care it deserves? Oh my, I seem to have drawn the attention of a sizeable crowd who will all witness your response."

    The man looks at the creature and then around the gathered audience. "Of... Of course." He hesitantly frees the animal from the hands of whatever type of being had grabbed it. "I am a good man. I would never turn my back on an animal in need" The creature let out a small sigh of relief as it watched its abductor dart off, disappearing among the masses.

    The Zombie Penguin
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    (Bleh. Sorry, folks. I got swept up in IRL work issues for days. Glad to see you're feeling better, Zombie Penguin!)

    Magic: 4

    Lemonly sneakily switches from the Stylish Tux to her Clockwork Couture, once again abusing her Instant Wardrobe power. Really, it just involves removing the bow tie, putting on a top hat with some inconvenient goggles set above the brim, and pinning random gears every which way, but no one is the wiser after all's said and done!

    "Ah, my good man!" she announces to a very surprised Guilherme Pratt, then bumps his elbow with her own as a form of greeting. "I see you're hard at work, even on a festive day as this! Luckily, I have come as a messenger of the Spirit of Innovation Herself to provide you with the very idea that the townspeople have been desperately waiting for. Even if they didn't know it, their souls and bellies cry out in need for the invention you and I are about to assemble!"

    Lemonly gently pushes aside whatever half-finished gizmo Guilherme had been working on, clearing the workspace, then unrolls her tablecloth-plans with a flourish. "I have here the designs for a device that will make history--literally! I present to you: The Eternal Pie Tin!"

    ---

    My plan is to use a Grace [3] roll to convince Guiherme to help Lemonly build this causality-defying mechanism. This wouldn't be the roll to build it (next turn, hopefully!), but a success here would mean he'd open up his workshop and his expertise to assist her.

    So that's one die to start, then I'll tag Potential Clockwork Apocalypse because surely nothing can go wrong with trying to build a miniature time machine that can hold a pie. Lemonly certainly THINKS her blueprints and calculations are detailed enough to get a man of science like Guiherme on board with this, even if most of the effort went into the picture of Harold getting pied in the face, so I'll also tag the temporary Quirk You've Done the Math, Haven't You?, which gets Lemonly TWO dice thanks to the Couture's Like Clockwork power. And I'll throw a Magic die on there as the cherry on top.

    Which, if I'm counting correctly, is 5 dice! Wow!

    Geth, roll 5D6 for The Best-Laid Plans...

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Geth doesn't respect commas.

    Geth roll 5d6 for The Best-Laid Plans

    The Best-Laid Plans:
    5d6 25 [5d6=5, 6, 4, 4, 6]

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Well! @The Zombie Penguin, tell us how this all went horribly wrong. Or horribly right...

    Lemonly's Magic: 5, GM Trouble +2

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Unfortunately for Lemonly, Guiherme is INCREDIBLY enthused by the prospect. So enthused that before lemonly can even utter a stop, or offer some advice he's enthusiastically grabbing bits and bobs from across the workshop and and following Lemonly's blueprints with great gusto.

    It's a vertiable whirlwind of tinkering mayhem, right up until the inevitable explosion.

    When the dust clears, Lemonly finds that Guihemre and Sprocket are now Frozen In Time (New temporary quirk). Worse, it turns out Time explosions hurt... your feelings. You were so sure your blueprints were sound!

    geth roll 1d6 for stress.

    (Lemonly takes 3 stress!)

    Additionally, you'll no longer be able to use Grace to get help on this project - even if you CAN clear the Frozen in Time quirk off, Guiherme isn't going to be eager to help!

    (Sorry guys, some real life stuff is raring it's head and eating my brainspace on this. I'll try and get more posted tonight, but no promises)

    @Lord Palington - Gonna assume your Fairy has gone on break. Feel free to have them rejoin the main crew, or pick up where you left off whenever you post again!

    stress. Additionally, you'll:
    1d6 3 [1d6=3]

    The Zombie Penguin on
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Okay, I gotta be honest guys - i'm feeling a bit stumped on how to keep this going. Are people still keen, any thoughts and ideas or suggestions? I must admit, most of my mental power has been going to working on my setting.

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    The system feels pretty sandboxy. I think it takes a particular sort of personality to drive that on both sides of the GM screen and maybe some of us don't quite fit that mold. If you give me too much freedom I'm not necessarily going to know which way to go and I'll just wander in a random direction and then you're forced to deal with it.
    I definitely think it's better suited to in-person play so that the right sort of energy can build up, which PBP just isn't capable of.

    If you aren't feeling it right now I can certainly understand. As for me, in the couple of PBPs I was in (that lasted past the first die roll), I think I pushed too hard to keep them alive, so I came into this with no real expectations. I don't really want to speak for anyone else but I'm not going to hold you to anything and I am definitely grateful that you're upfront about your concerns.

    The Zombie Penguin
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Maclay wrote: »
    The system feels pretty sandboxy. I think it takes a particular sort of personality to drive that on both sides of the GM screen and maybe some of us don't quite fit that mold. If you give me too much freedom I'm not necessarily going to know which way to go and I'll just wander in a random direction and then you're forced to deal with it.
    I definitely think it's better suited to in-person play so that the right sort of energy can build up, which PBP just isn't capable of.

    If you aren't feeling it right now I can certainly understand. As for me, in the couple of PBPs I was in (that lasted past the first die roll), I think I pushed too hard to keep them alive, so I came into this with no real expectations. I don't really want to speak for anyone else but I'm not going to hold you to anything and I am definitely grateful that you're upfront about your concerns.

    Yeah, i'm feeling like this would work better either in person or via voice chat, just to have that immediacy of playing off one another and loony-toons energy it feels like it's meant for.

    If nothing else, this has been a great learning experience so far.

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
Sign In or Register to comment.