D&D 5E: On Wings of Midnight

1323335373848

Posts

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited September 8
    It occurs to me that Baber is currently the most heavily armoured person the city has seen for decades, and even then, most rebels were light to medium armour users. Gear looks like an assassin too.

    Hado looks like a nice young man still.

    Endless_Serpents on
    DarmakTynnanThe Zombie Penguin
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Also we have an unknown species riding next to us as we steal the mounts, so that's fantastic.

    ...hey, did Baber ding? Because Baber should totally spontaneously gain exp so they ding, regain use of their sending spell, and sending Luce or Iroh or someone for reinforcements

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Also we have an unknown species riding next to us as we steal the mounts, so that's fantastic.

    ...hey, did Baber ding? Because Baber should totally spontaneously gain exp so they ding, regain use of their sending spell, and sending Luce or Iroh or someone for reinforcements

    [OOC: Baber did not ding, they're 108 xp away from level 4]

    V0iJ9AS.png
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    [OOC: That’s a shame but let’s continue the illusion that I’m not just trying to level you up per adventure.

    I think it’s fitting that Hado and Baber level up by experiences new worlds, and Baber will shortly after being defeated by a villain!!!]

    Darmak
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    ((I think you mangled yer last sentance there oh wise and benevolent gm))

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    [OOC: Hi, I'm Goku!]

    V0iJ9AS.png
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    edited September 9
    Hado unties the birds from their hitching posts. Giddyap!

    ((Also he doesn’t realize the reason the others might be gawking at his neck. It’s just an itchy rash, right?

    Right??))

    Tynnan on
    Endless_Serpents
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    ((Gear has not noticed! Gear is a bit distracted with wanting to do very mean nasty things to Avad, and wants to find her friend Tizu. Gear's werid like that))

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited September 9
    You hold up quietly outside the Leaner...
    You are concealed, and have advantage to Stealth checks once you are inside.

    You’ll have to decide how you get in.



    You smash through the front door on bird-back!
    Roll initiative with advantage!



    You shatter one of the lower windows and bust in! He knows you’re here, but not where!
    You have advantage on your first attack roll and deal +1d4 damage.

    gs67dshxgsmy.jpeg

    syfhbgd6va3z.jpeg

    You’ve got a solid idea of the Leaner’s layout, including the secret tunnel Gear crawled through earlier.

    You’re certain the party will be in the main hall, and Avad will be there. No one should be in the entrance hall right now. There will be a number of regular folk too, so once you’ve got him in your sights you may need to be careful not to hit them!

    On the map, lighter grey squares with yellow squares next to them are windows low enough to break in through. No need to roll to do that.

    Tell me how you do it! Hold a quick vote.

    Edit: The 4th option is for one to sneak, one to break in and the last to bust down the door to the entrance hall and barrel into the main hall! It’s up to you!

    Endless_Serpents on
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    ((kinda think we should just Bird! In. But endless, tell us what we detect from outside with our passive perception scores))

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    ((Hado is not in favor of putting bird friends at risk - they just like to go fast! And they were very helpful in getting the group here. Thanks, birds!))

    “What if I turned invisible and opened a window from the inside? That way we could approach from a better angle without Avad being alerted.”

    Darmak
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Gear twists her mouth. "i'd rather go loud, honestly. Make a fuss, put him on the defensive - if we can avoid a fight, we s hould avoid a fight. Not get our new friends hurt!"

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    "I enjoy butt kicking for goodness as much as the next person, but I think I agree with Hado on this one. Try and get in as close as possible before the enemy is aware of us, give them no time to prepare. Then start shattering doors and throwing headbutts."

    V0iJ9AS.png
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    ((kinda think we should just Bird! In. But endless, tell us what we detect from outside with our passive perception scores))

    All you can really perceive is that the main hall is where the party is at, and the other rooms are currently empty.

    Logically someone might head in to use a toilet, but it’s much less likely (but not impossible) that someone (or a sneaky couple) enter the spare bedroom.

    Make your play team!

  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Hado casts guidance, then invisibility and slips into the shadows. He starts to whisper something to the others, pauses, thinks for a moment, then -invisibly- knees down so that he’s not whispering instructions from a towering height.

    “Meet me around back. I’ll open up the window to the back bedroom. If I’m not there in a few minutes, break it open and get me out of whatever trouble I’m in.”

    And with that, he steps into the entrance hall and makes his way towards the back, through the party.

    ((This is the first time Gear and Baber have seen the whole smoke-and-eyelash routine for casting the invisibility spell.))

    Endless_SerpentsDarmak
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    "Come on Gear, let's go."

    Baber dismounts and walks around the Leaner and waits by the back door, readying their scythe in one hand and a demon corpse in the other

    V0iJ9AS.png
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited September 10
    Hado

    You slip in easy; the doors into the main hall from the entrance hall have been propped open.

    The room is full, but the party has hit a natural lull. The lighting is dim, the music is a traditional Kaburin melody, slow, strings. Those that have drunk too much are lounging, singing badly but from the heart.

    Luce is the only one that looks anything but happy. She’s staring out a window, tapping her feet.

    You spy Avad next, with his student Oona, talking to the owner of the Nasty Surprise. Tizu, once again in concealing garb, sits like a patient dog a few feet from them. You note several people around the pair are engaged in their conversation, listening intently.

    37zccv4co2u1.jpeg

    (There are lots of people here, I just didn’t want to clutter the map.)

    The door to the north is closed. If you recall, Luce has the key to the kitchen and the food stockpile, while the unused bedroom beyond it is unlocked.

    [OOC: C for civilian. Is the rest pretty obvious?]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Hado takes in the scene and then heads over to Luce, standing next to her at the window. He whispers to the priest:

    “Luce. Don’t react. This is Hado. We’re here to stop Avad, but I need to let the others in. Could you find an excuse to open up the kitchen?”

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Luce’s body tightens like a spring.

    She looks around for a reason, then just shrugs.

    “I’m gonna get us some snacks.”, she says to a dozing party-goer as she heads to the door.

    “You’re a saint, Luce!”, they call after her.

    Avad’s gaze flicks to Luce, then he carries on his conversation. Could be nothing. He probably watches everyone like a hawk, he’s just that kind of arsehole.

    She unlocks it and steps in.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    wqaix0akgii1.jpeg

    For now the door is open. She’ll close it when she hears you talking again, if you’d like her to.

  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Hado follows Luce through the door and whispers, “thank you — you can close this door for now and it’ll be harder to hear us.”

    “I’m sure you have questions and we’ll answer them once we’ve dealt with Avad. Heh. We have some stories to tell you.”

    “I won’t take more of your time, so you don’t make Avad suspicious taking too long. We’ll cause trouble soon. Be ready, if you want to help out you can give innocent folks a reason to leave.”

    With that, Hado heads to the back bedroom and will open the window there.

    The Zombie Penguin
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Together with Baber and the King, gear heads around to back window, ready to go!

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Once the window is open, Gear slips in alongside Baber and the King. Seeing Luce close the door, she steps forward and gives luce a massive hug.

    "You would not believe the shit we've been through" Gear says quietly. "Now let's kick Avad's stupid shiny teeth in."

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    "Remember, Gear, don't kill Avad. I promised we'd keep him alive and bring him to justice."

    V0iJ9AS.png
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Gear nods and turns to Luce. "the bit Baber's not saying is he actually made a pact with a devil over that." she grins slightly. "Tizu's a good fellow over all, thoguh. He just wants to be free to enjoy life - we wouldn't have made it back without his help. He's the silent figure in the clothing that doesnt fit. our friend here" Gear gestures to the Goblin king "is aiming to knock Tizu unconcious for us to help with that."

    Gear ponders. "Most of my tricks are pretty offensive in nature, however... Hado, do you have anything that might help?"

    ((OOC: I know you have hold person person, Tynnan!))

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited September 10
    “I missed you! I knew you wouldn’t bale without telling me.”, Luce says, “Okay. Step out of sight a sec, I’m going back in.”

    With that Luce leaves with a plate of snacks.

    “Hey, can I borrow some of you guys to, um, help me say a little prayer outside. To... Fòthrinna, the goddess of the crescent moon?”, she calls to a few people.

    Getting everyone to leave would only make Avad join in, so instead she’s managed to clear quite a few people out without making Avad suspicious.

    Right now the door is closed, leaving just a gap. Hado could lightly open it and it’d come off as the work of a breeze.

    You have the upper hand, what do you do next?

    pdpdxnjb383y.jpeg

    Endless_Serpents on
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    ((Surprise round and throw down with as much CC as we can, then try and knock avad unconcious or otherwise incaptcite him?

    Endless, how are we handling that? There should be SOME risk of kiling him obviosuly, but it would also feel werid if we're just... not allowed to attack him at all?))

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    [OOC: You can attack him. He’s got plenty of HP, you can just call your attacks as nonlethal. That’s even in the regular rules of 5E. It’ll take some describing for pointy weapons and blasts, but that’s on you.

    You’ve definitely got a surprise round. You don’t have to deal damage on your turn. You could try to bring to light his misdeeds during the surprise, then attack as you need to next turn...

    You could try to disarm him, so to speak. A sorcerer/monk’s weapons are their voice and hands.]

    Darmak
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    ((My thoguht was to burst in, throw down a Faerie Fire on everything, and then describe my monkey trying to shoot his hands? Though - Expopsing his crimes? how can we do that, exaclty, like i'm genuinely unsure - we can throw d own dmeon corpses sure, but... what's the rule of law? who are we trying to prove his misdeeds TOO? Hopefully i'm making sense here))

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    [OOC: Yeah it’s be a hard sell. I’m leaving it out there as one of you might surprise me. Guess you could take the clothes off Tizu to reveal his scary devil in chains looks as one thing. Show Avad associates with demons and devils.

    I’m down for aimed shots too.]

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    ((Honestly given we want Tizu to go free, it might be better to emphasies that he ENSALVED tizu - i feel like slavery in general would be the crime of crimes here?))

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    Endless_SerpentsDarmak
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    ((Okay, so proposed plan: we bust in, and aim to disable Avad, Tizu and Oona? through spells and firepower as fast as we can. I'm going to throw down a Faerie fire, Baber could grapple, Hado has hold person, King Nilbog has some sort of magic oomf for sleep spells he's implied.

    From there, we can figure out how to actually reveal avad's crimes - I'm sure IC we have some idea of like, magistrates etcera, yeah? But it seems like first things first we need to make sure Avad is in our power. and we can avoid his throw us into another dimension trick))

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    [OOC: I was thinking walk in, approach him, confront him with the demon corpses (while still approaching) and talk at him (while still approaching) and get him to admit his guilt (while still approaching) and then beat him up and wrestle him to the ground/magically hold him somehow/I dunno, improvise? I say talk first and make him throw the first punch. Revealing Tizu and showing how he's been enslaved is a great idea, btw]

    V0iJ9AS.png
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    ((I think we’re a bit short on evidence - not that we don’t have *any*, just that it would be very easy for Avad to just say “you goons who ruined Rufio’s bar have no proof of anything” and muddy everything up long enough for that gambit to fail. Hado’s invisibility could be useful to disrobe Tizu. Which enemy should I try to hit with Hold Person, Avad?))

    Hado considers the situation. “I can ease the door open, make it look like a breeze popped the latch. I’ll slip out and get near Tizu. When the time is right, I can try to paralyze Avad and then reveal Tizu’s form to the people here. How does that sound?”

    Darmak
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited September 10
    ((The one advantagte talking has it gives time for Auntie Fatta to arrive with her support.

    Personally, i'm crossign my fingers for the reveal that Iroh was part of Fatta's adventeur team, because that seems like a good twist.

    That said, yeah, i'm gonna go with Tynnan's plan here. Nail avad with Hold person and then disrobe Tizu?

    Edit: If you're in range of Faerie Fire thoguh, that'll blow your invisbiltiy too and debuff you as well if you miss the save))

    The Zombie Penguin on
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    Darmak
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    ((As soon as I cast Hold Person my invisibility will drop anyway, so I can position myself out of its area to start and then move in on Tizu))

    The Zombie Penguin
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    ((Okay, shall we go ahead and roll inaitive then @Endless_Serpents ?))

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    DarmakTynnan
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited September 11
    Roll that initiative!

    Tonight at the Leaner

    xgnyusypb2vq.jpeg

    as this night of spirits comes to an end

    75bxrixlpu29.jpeg

    the future of the city hangs in the balance

    ls3ajz5na2od.jpeg

    New Zellatia Showdown!

    9d3zjn5qin8b.jpeg

    Show Avad how we do this.

    Endless_Serpents on
    DarmakThe Zombie Penguin
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+1 for FUCKIN INITIATIVE

    FUCKIN INITIATIVE:
    1d20+1 19 [1d20=18]

    V0iJ9AS.png
    Endless_Serpents
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+2

    1d20+2 6 [1d20=4]

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
Sign In or Register to comment.