D&D 5E: The Festival of Masks

2456713

Posts

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I'm down to try at least! I do need to emphasize: My actual play experience is limted, and i've never done PbP before. so this is gonna beinteresting

    a big question: Do our characters know each other before hand? What's the justification for We're a team?

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Fuck yeah, I'm down! Will we be playing in this thread, or a separate one? And I'll PM you a text character sheet once I get off work tonight in about 5 hours!

    6RUApv3.png
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    I'm up for that! Working up my sheet now.

    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 16
    All will be revealed my friends. Don’t fret about it. Now, the important thing is the use of Geth, the forum dice roller.

    If you type something like this without brackets Geth will roll for you in your post, and it can’t be edited so it’s very reliable.

    (Geth) (roll) (1d20) (for) (Attack)

    Examples:

    Geth roll 1d20+1 for Attack
    Geth roll 2d8 for Damage
    Geth roll 1d20 for Investigation

    Attack:
    1d20+1 3 [1d20=2]
    Damage:
    2d8 5 [2d8=1, 4]
    Investigation:
    1d20 4 [1d20=4]

    Endless_Serpents on
    The Zombie Penguin
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 16
    The sun rises lazily over New Zellatia, spilling yellow light across the humble homes of Seafoam, a district of hardy fishers and tradesfolk; carpenters, stonemasons and more. A cry rings out, piercing the morning’s peace, and the locals come running.

    Helping Auntie Fatta

    Auntie Fatta is an elderly Kaburin (her full name is incredibly long owing to her age, but she goes by Fatta for ease), a sapient beetle descended creature previlent in New Zellatia, who was once a renowned healer and midwife before retiring to her little villa snug on an outcrop at Stingray Cove. She is a calm woman, implacable but without a trace of pride.

    Last night fearsome freak winds blew in from the sea and tore off the roof of her home, and destroyed part of a wall. All the other abodes nearby survived the night without a scratch, so everyone is pitching in to help.

    But that isn’t what’s upset Auntie Fatta.

    The old dear has lost a prized possession, which she is positive had been blown into the cave behind her villa. She calls on those brave and skilled enough to go after it, in return for a modest fortune as payment.

    The thing is... that cave is home to Rogo-Rogo, a massive crab that guards it’s territory with fearsome might. Everyone so far has been kind, and some have already begun gathering supplies to rebuild her home... But who would dare face such a challenge?



    Gear, your inquisitive nature brought you over to the commotion. You were likely visiting the area for supplies; if you want to make things, especially intricate or volatile things, this is where you’d get it. As a Primodem you can last longer than most on foot, so walking across the city was no trouble at all.

    Baber, you’re from here. Your family lives along this stretch of coast, and you yourself were brought into this world by Auntie Fatta. Your family is huge, formed from two legions of Calipdis that rebelled earlier than most, and settled here when the city was still the ruins of a black fortress. Your family’s births have been intertwined with Fatta as long as anyone can remember.

    Hado, you’d just finished dropping off a few sacks of vegetables and fruit that had been paid for in advance. Strong as you are, it was an obvious task to leave in your hands. You could see the wrecked villa from your drop off point, and after a thankful meal from a neighbour you can’t help but take interest in this elderly lady’s plight.



    Auntie Fatta lives with her student, Breeze, a delicate, quiet Primodem who seeks to become a healer in his own right. He was injured last night, just a slight crack across his chest from being struck by a chair blow with the wind’s incredible force. Fatta has already covered him in bandages. Too much really, but she was worried. Primodem are relatively rare in comparison to other races, and it’s been a surprise to the locals to find one interested in healing.

    The Grand Reef diver Mahon, your cousin Baber, is taking charge of the building operation, and to his mind pretty much anything, ever, all the time. He’s a Calipdis with an explosive looking scar along his arm from a squid attack some years ago.

    Besides them a number of people are sweeping up and making tea, all that sort of thing. They’re a mix of Tunglani, Calipdis and a few Ishtari. There are no other Kaburin besides Fatta. You can pick out any of them to talk to, if you like.



    It is the 28th day of Tenth Month, in two days time it will be the Festival of Masks. The last days of a long dry season are nearly over. The weather is fair, almost as if the storm never happened.



    Auntie Fatta catches your eye, and she approaches you all as you stand together unknowingly.

    “You! Oh you three! I have... had... must get my... joy! For me? Again get back?”, she waves her arms frantically, speaking in the gesture language of the Kaburin, “My joy flew away into the cave... the older night. Last night.”

    Her student arrives with tea, and leans down to pass a cup to his teacher.

    He speaks now, a soft whisper, “Even I’m not sure what Auntie has lost. Something very important to her though, jewellery? Is it jewellery Auntie? Something small, I gather.”



    This is just me talking to you now.
    There’s no map for this bit. You’re not a party as yet, you might have never met, and you’re certainly not best friends yet. However, you are the only people here brave enough to enter the cave to secure her prized possession.

    You’re going to have to get more information from her, but it’s tough as she only speaks New Tongue (the main language) in a broken manner. Kaburin is her mother tongue, naturally.

    That’s no need to roll just yet, but if you can think of a reason go for it.

    x741fal3uy18.jpeg

    Endless_Serpents on
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited June 16
    Gear takes in the scene slowly, her scalemail rustling as she looks around. It's a lot - she finds herself wondering if she should leave and alert family back in dogabog. Rebuilding things and supplying is their deal, after all... But more pressing is Breeze. She always likes to fix things, and people are just another sort of machine. But he seems fine, given he can bring tea. Fixing Fatta's hurt, that seems more useful.


    "Your Joy? does it look like this at all?" she says, holding up the ring a family member made for her a few years back

    ((OOC: the ring is just the homeade jewlery she has)

    The Zombie Penguin on
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 16
    Fatta squints her beady black eyes at the ring, then you notice she looks at Breeze very briefly before coming close to you.

    She seems to conspire with you, her voice hushed, “No. Yet yes. But it is like... shape of... the water insect, with wings, long. It is important to get back!”

    She measures it out with her forelimbs; whatever this precious thing is it’s about a foot long.

    Breeze regards you now. After an awkward stare he just nods to you. Without a shared history or culture he doesn’t know how best to say hello to a fellow Primodem, it’s a common issue. He puts his hands in his pockets, perhaps embarrassed.

    “I knew it was jewellery.”, he says, “She saw it blow into the cave last night, and her eyes are not to be disbelieved. I’d go get it myself but I’ve been told to rest today, and she’s the boss. I asked why the rush, but I suppose it’ll be lost by high tide, as the waves rush into the cave some.”

    Endless_Serpents on
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    geth roll 1d20+3 for Nature

    Gear's trying to identify the possible water insect Fatta's talking about, to have a better idea of what to look for.

    Gear quirks her head at Breeze "How risky is the cave, then?"

    Nature:
    1d20+3 13 [1d20=10]

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited June 16
    While they're definitely willing to offer any help asked of them, Baber has been content to let the primodem Gear do all the talking so far, listening to her, Fatta, and Breeze. Gear's question about risk is of particular interest though, so Baber pipes up,

    "Yes, knowing how dangerous the cave might be would be very useful. If it's pretty risky I might need to pull out and don my shell shirt, as it takes a bit of time to get it adjusted just right."

    Darmak on
    6RUApv3.png
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 16
    Gear, you’re pretty sure she’s talking about a dragonfly, an ornament, not a real one. The villa has no other ornaments on show and is overall very sparse in design. You couldn’t possibly guess why it’s so important to her, as it seems clear it wasn’t on display beforehand.

    Breeze runs a hand over their head, having a think. He looks to Fatta, then speaks.

    “Risky enough I suppose! It’s dark, cramped and has an infamous crab sulking about it. Rogo-Rogo some call it, you know, Old Tongue for ‘the big big’. An animal getting so unusually large is a sign of worse things, they say, like the animal is a guard. That’s just superstition though.”, cheerfully he adds. “I don’t suppose there’s much else to worry about!”

    Auntie Fatta puts a forelimb on his hand and makes a motherly click of her mandibles.

    Breeze jumps as Mahon cuts in suddenly, “Little cousin, soldier blood still runs strong in our veins I see! I won’t ask you to stay and cut palm wood with the boys, I see you’re already half way up the cove! Haha! Take this advice from a diver, the real pain of a cave like that is when high tides hits. Right now it’s low tide, the best time if you are heading off. If you’re facing Rogo-Rogo hunt it down or get out before the water level is so high you’re doing more swimming than walking! Haha!”

    The muscular Calipdis slaps his knee, then sets a few workers off on another task.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Gear nods respectfully at at Breeze and Baber, then turns to Mahon "Would you advise we avoid conflict then, or would the better route for all be to put Rogo-Rogo down?

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    “Ehh.”, Mahon makes a great display of thinking, and his body illuminates a thoughtful blue, “It’s a bit of a menace if you get close, it usually hides away though. I heard it stole a net full of fish once! Folk don’t walk passed the cave now. I bet you could crack the beast and feed the neighbours for weeks, but sneaking in and out might be more your style. You’re only a little thing! Haha!”

    Fatta speaks up, “Who say who is strong? And what is strong? The stars know.”

    Mahon isn’t sure what that means, and isn’t about to question her. Auntie Fatta sips her tea.

  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Baber smiles and gives Mahon a small respectful bow, "Thank you for the words of advice and encouragement, cousin! We shall consider the matter swiftly but carefully, have no fear."

    6RUApv3.png
    Endless_Serpents
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    If gear had a nose, she'd wrinkle it. As it is, she draws her self up as straight as possible, making her armor rustle. "I do not sneak. I explore and i learn and i leave things better than i found them". She unfluffs herself abashedly, realizing this may have been a little rude. "Thank you for your advice"

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    Endless_Serpents
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Hado spends a few moments thinking, then turns to Mahon and asks: "how long will it take before the tide is too high? It sounds like this great crab is content to lurk unless it is hungry, so it might be possible to get in and out without hurting anyone."

    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Mahon takes a deep breath, as if he can breathe in such knowledge.

    “Hm! In about 5 hours time. It’ll take you no more than 20 minutes to get to the cave. No ones been in that cave, no one I know anyway, but I doubt it goes in far. An easy job for one of my family.”

    If there’s no problems on before you get in you should have plenty of time.

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Gear turns to look at Hado and Baber. "I am Gear. If you're also planning to help retrive Fatta's Joy, it would be well to know your names. And well for us to leave shortly, given the time limit".

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    edited June 16
    "And I am Hado! Pleased to meet you, Gear."

    Hado turns again to Mahon and asks, "does anyone here have a fish they could spare? I'd compensate them for it, of course. In my experience, animals only attack if they're hungry or threatened, not out of malice. I think it might be useful to have something if we need to distract the beast."

    Tynnan on
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited June 16
    Gear nods respectuflly at Hado. "If it does come to a fight..." She gestures with one arm, showing the werid contraption wires and small mirrors she's holding in it "I'm not unprepared. Everyone likes roasted crab, no?"

    ((OOC: She's just showing off her thieves tools rigged to shoot Fire bolt at things. She has (just) enough sense to realize that shooting a firebolt into the air for demonstration purposes is probably unwise))

    Edit: Whoops - I forgot to declare what spells Gear has prepped for today. Right now she's packing Grease (She'll throw a werid little vial), and Catapult (a tiny drone will ram whatever she wants to catapult), and Identifty (She will DO SCIENCE TO IT).

    The Zombie Penguin on
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    Endless_SerpentsDarmak
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    “Good thinking.”, an grizzled looking Ishtari fisherwoman says before Mahon can reply.

    After a short jog she comes back with a big grin on her face and a big fish in her hands. She hadn’t thought it though, so she just hands it to you Hado.

    Success! You have got a big fish!

    Big fish
    common item
    It is a big fish.

    Gear, Breeze looks visibly concerned at your display of power. He steps back. He realised how obvious that is, so he says, “I’ll just fetch more tea.”

    Breeze quickly walks off outside.

    TynnanDarmakThe Zombie Penguin
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Gear quirks her head at Breeze's depature and then shrugs. If people are scared of the fact she's worked out how to tap into her mechincal nature and shoot fire from her hands iwthout even actually doin that... well, they're scared. Weridos. Even if they are other primodem!

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 16


    The wind picks up slightly, cooling you all on this hot day as the sun rests high above. The sound of gulls can be hear all around, and the air smells sweet from the flowering trees to the west. The cave is north-east of here, snug against a sheer cliff.

    Other for those actually working on the villa everyone has left save for you three, Auntie Fatta, Mahon and, just outside, Breeze. Fatta has taken a seat, and seems more at peace than when you met her mere minutes ago. You feel like she believes in you.

    [OOC: That’s it from me for today. Feel free to ask more questions, and chat amongst yourself, perhaps plan a little strategy. The short hike to the cave begins when I post next.]

    Endless_Serpents on
    TynnanDarmakThe Zombie Penguin
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Baber bows again and offers their outstretched hand for Hado and Gear to shake. "Allow me to introduce myself! I am Baber, and Baber is me. That's a nice-looking fish you got there, Hado. I'm sure Rogo Rogo will appreciate it!"

    Then Baber starts digging around in their backpack for their chainmail, just in case things get a little excited.

    [OOC: I'm really liking the search for a possible peaceful solution. I'm sure Rogo Rogo is just a big sweetie once you get to know it! :bzz:

    Otherwise, Baber can breathe underwater and is good at swimming, plus they're tough, so if all else fails they can distract the beastie by letting it beat them up and chew on em while Gear and Hado search the cave. Baber's not a pacifist exactly, but they don't want to fight (or especially kill) unless they absolutely have to.]

    6RUApv3.png
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Gear nods respectfully at Baber, then stares at the hand before figuring out he wants to shake, which she does tentaltiely. "Do we have a way to carry the fish? if we wish to use it to distract Rogo Rogo, it would be well to protect it from other scavangers"

    (OOC: I'm defiently in camp "Only kill if you have to kill". Fuck murderhoboing!)

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    "I was thinking Hado or I could carry it, since we're both big and strong, but if you have any ideas that would be just as well."

    Baber turns to Auntie Fatta, bows with both hands clasped before them, and says, "Auntie, we shall go now to try and retrieve your Joy. Please do not fret."

    [OOC: I love a good murderhobo session as much as the next person, but it can get old after awhile. I'm glad to be trying something new!]

    6RUApv3.png
    Tynnan
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Gear shrugs "I simply thought wrapping or bagging out night be best. You or Hado carrying it seems sensible"

    (Ooc: oh yeah, like I like to brawl in games! I have catapult as one of my spells for a reason! But I don't want to just kill something because it's there. If it was like it's eating children or something... Whooboy you better bet I'd be all over roasting it.

    Btw @Tynnan - what spells ya packing today?)

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    ((Today's spells are: Animal Friendship, Cure Wounds, Goodberry, and Longstrider. My two cantrips are Guidance and Create Bonfire. I think Animal Friendship is one of Hado's "default" spells, it's just too useful out on the farms.))

    The Zombie PenguinDarmak
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    [OOC: Big fish offering, druid with Animal Friendship, tanky fighter to take some punches if things go pear-shaped

    Oh yeah, it's all coming together

    Screenshot_10.jpg

    6RUApv3.png
    The Zombie Penguin
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    (Baber is kronk then? I'll have to make sure there's a Baber! PULL THE LEVER!

    ... So what's Gears roll on that plan. Official crab roaster?)

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    [OOC: I was thinking Hado attempts to befriend the cuddly crab, Baber stays nearby to help in case it gets frisky and maybe looks around a bit, while Gear would attempt to get in and search for the item and then get out. But I'm open to other suggestions fo sho]

    6RUApv3.png
    The Zombie PenguinTynnan
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    (honestly, seems solid. Gears for the investigate skill to really help find things, and can ritual cast identify if we can locate a pearl for it. Which seems like something Baber could do.

    Also who knows how befriending the crab could pay off?)

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    Darmak
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    [OOC: I mentioned our adventures and possible crab friendship to my wife and she started singing this:

    6RUApv3.png
    TynnanThe Zombie Penguin
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    The wind is against you as you march across the pristine sands of the cove, whipping up Hado’s hair and rattling Gear’s patchwork armour. Rock pools dot the landscape. They teem with tiny life while palm-sized crabs lord over them from the rocks. Up on boulders and part of a fallen bulwark iguanas bask in the sunlight; they won’t be off to hunt fish until midday. Above on either side of the cliff face seabirds are noisily taking roost. There are no notable tracks across the sand.

    The fallen ruins must have tumbled during the final battle against the evil few speak of thirty some years ago. You can barely imagine the force that must have shuck such a building from its foundations. It’s partly sunk into the sand, but it would be possible to enter it, should curiosity strike you. You will use up time by doing so, of course. In the far distance you can see the gap in the city’s wall where it once stood. It didn’t just fall, somehow it was launched to its current resting place!

    The cave will take you a bit to get to but there’s nothing in the way, you’re pretty sure. The cave opening is tall, thin and smooth, worn away by the tide. At least you won’t have to duck to move through it, the ceiling is at least 15 foot high. It’s pitch black from here, you can’t see into it at all.

    What do you do?



    pa9w017f2fwb.jpeg

    [OOC: This map is just to give you an idea of what you’re looking at. You don’t need to count your movement outside of combat. As you inspect your surrounding you’ll need to make Investigation, Perception or any other skill check you think makes sense to get more than a basic grip on what’s here. I’d like you to only make one roll at a time, so if you choose to investigate something you’ll have to rely on someone else to roll to look out for trouble, etc.

    Your position is indicated by a letter. Yellow is sand. Orange are boulders with iguanas on. Light blue are rock pools. Green is sheer cliff. The dark grey patch is a fallen ruin, laying sideways. The cave is the single dark blue square at the far end.

    This is a link to the app I’ve made this map in, and if you have a google account I’ll open it up to you so we later we can edit the maps we use together for combat.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17iBdwSv5fTlhLZGfsisIZkWIRl5jy2ANPlzs9-6zGn8/edit

    If you don’t have one you can edit the maps I post by any means you see fit to show your actions in combat.]

    Tynnan
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Gear shakes her armor, seemingly enjoying the rulse of the wind in it, then looks at hado and Baber. "Shall we? I admit, i'm curious about the ruins ahead..." she pauses. "If we we want me to identify anything we find, i'll need a pearl for my mechanism, a decent sized one. I can do it in a rush, but it's less tiring if i take about a minute."

    She takes a curious look around at the wildlife (She's trying to identify if anything might be a threat, going by her memory/knowledge of local wildlife as opposed to whats it acting like Right This Moment)

    Geth roll 1d20+3 for Nature

    (OOC: Gear could go either way on exploring the ruins. Reminding her that we've got a job would be enough to put her back on task... but she'll happily agree to explore them if the others are keen. She loves exploring stuff. If we dont do it now, she'll want to do it on the way back. Also trying to describe a pearl with 100gp is AWKWARD AS HELL)

    Nature:
    1d20+3 11 [1d20=8]

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    As far as you can see it’s all the regular wildlife you’d expect, and none of them are threatening. An iguana will give you a good nip if you annoy it, but they’ve got no defence against you if you really wanted to take one out. They won’t come down from the boulders right now anyway.

    You do notice some dried up seaweed by a rock pool. It’s leaves are much larger than you’d expect, but you’re hardly at the beach every day to notice.

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Spotting the seaweed, her curiosity sparked, Gear heads straight over to it to investigate it.

    Geth roll 1d20+5 for Investigate

    Investigate:
    1d20+5 14 [1d20=9]

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Baber clinks along towards the cave in their chainmail, enjoying the sun and the wind and the feel of the sand beneath their sandals. "I think we should leave exploring those ruins for later," they say, "but we can definitely check them out on the way back if you'd like! It could be fun to poke around in there."

    They see Gear head over to check out the clump of seaweed, so they keep an eye on her to make sure she's fine. Baber asks Hado, "You excited to possibly meet Rogo Rogo? I've never seen a crab as big as it supposedly is!"

    6RUApv3.png
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Hado looks up at the iguanas, and considers the Big Fish slung over his shoulder. "I hope none of our friends up there get any clever ideas about lunch. I should keep my distance as best as I can."

    He looks over at Baber and nods agreement, "Yes! It sounds like this crab is the stuff of legend. It would be a privilege to see it for myself."

    Hado calls over to Gear, "if you wish to take a look inside that fallen building, I can keep an eye out for trouble while you do that! As long as you're not in there too long we should have enough time."

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    7yu6rjmfx8ak.jpeg
    Gear’s investigation:
    The only thing you can tell about it is the top layer of the seaweed on one side is torn, as if something rough was pulled across it. The seaweed in its entirety is seven feet long.

    Hado! Give me an Intimidation skill check vs. the iguanas. They’re in a lazy mood this early, so it’s not too tough to succeed.

  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Hado's eyes narrow as he considers the iguanas. "Don't get any ideas," he mutters, "we're not here for you."

    Geth roll 1d20 for intimidation

    intimidation:
    1d20 19 [1d20=19]

    The Zombie PenguinEndless_Serpents
Sign In or Register to comment.