D&D 5E: The Festival of Masks

12021232526

Posts

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Gear

    The teens are in awe of your story. Jade asks lots of questions about your equipment.

    “Um! I don’t think so. No monks at this party, it’s the Nasty Surprise! Saw a rich looking Floretta at the start of the party actually, but once we put our masks on, who can say who’s here? Part of the fun!”, says Jade.

    Roam wavers. He doesn’t say anything, but he can tell you’re nervy about something.



    Baber

    Behind you a wet slice of ice wall sheers off. As it melts it begins to clearer, and though in shadow you perceive three people sat around a table. Honing your senses, you’d say they’re all ordinary height, but you hear one more heart beat than there are people...



    Hado

    You don’t see the results, but you hear a splash behind you! Those swimming burst into laughter!

    You gain 25 experience for your quick thinking!


    Ghigan lifts up his mask to give an order. The question is: Do you recognise him? It’s your call.



    The ice wall will break in one post’s time!
    [X] [X] [X] [_]

    The Zombie PenguinTynnan
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Gear does her best to fill Jade in as accurately as possibleon her Gear. And perhaps mentions that talking to Iroh for some advice and mentorship if she wants to be an artificer might be a good idea...

    She smiles at Roam slightly. "Dont worry. If the things i'm worried about do happen, i'll be defending you." She grins and points at baber. "Also that guy. We can just hide behind him and let him get hit, it's worked so far."

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Baber sees Gear pointing and grinning at them, so they cock an eyebrow [OOC: or whatever facial muscle equivalent Calipdis have], grin back at the three of them, put their fists on their hips, and puff out their chest, striking a heroic pose.

    V0iJ9AS.png
    Endless_SerpentsTynnan
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    "He's more useful than he looks, honest."

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    DarmakEndless_SerpentsTynnan
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    A crack forms in the ice wall, then a few feet of it simple falls away.

    “What’s this?”, a man says ruefully, “It appears we shall have to call a close on our game. No matter, let’s join in the dancing.”

    Beyond the gap is a Floretta man sat at a table with two others. The Floretta man is masked, a grinning old mask, but his foliage is like a mane around his face. His bark covered hands are steepled, and he looks at you with quizzical, earthy brown eyes. You can imagine roughly what he looks like beneath his mask.

    zz4ry7y99iq1.jpeg
    uwxopqtiblys.jpeg


    His companions at the table are:

    A slender Tunglani woman, who slowly replaces her mask without looking your way. You’d know her again if you saw her face; the marking across it is very distinct.
    26h23etrgbl0.jpeg


    The third person at the table is fully concealed. You can say nothing about them.
    0q4lqja1f73m.jpeg


    The Tunglani woman stands up carefully.

    “Yes. Let’s.”, she says.

    The concealed person follows suit shortly after.

    The two Ishtari who were at the bar are now heading your way.

    The man sat at the table has yet to move.

  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Hado sees the Ishtari boss lift his mask to issue a command, and he recognizes Ghigan for who he is. Hado has not directly dealt with The Blood on the Mountain, nor has he directly dealt with Ghigan, but Ghigan's reputation precedes him and Hado was warned about the cultists from an early age.

    As he slipped through the Fire section to reach Earth, Hado had seen Baber walking back to Ice with their drinks, and he saw them notice the Ishtari goons asking around at the bar. Baber and Gear have probably figured out these newcomers are nothing but trouble. Best if I set us up to have the upper hand when things here erupt.

    Hado looks around at the busy party. Lots of innocent folks here, though. I should look for a way to clear out some of this crowd so there's less harm the cultists can do when they find what they're looking for. Maybe the fauxcano could be tampered with?

    ((Since Invisibility ends on an Attack or Spell action, Hado is going to look for ways to manipulate the environment in ways that won't break his spell until that is absolutely necessary))

    Geth roll 1d20+5 for Perception - ways to clear the room

    Perception - ways to clear the room:
    1d20+5 24 [1d20=19]

    Endless_Serpents
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Talking fast like a used-torbon salesman, "Oh wow, this ice sure is melting! Sorry, I just leaned against it and whoosh, down this part came! Guess they shouldn't have put this section by the fire one, huh? Say, isn't that the VIP room??? Ooooo, sure is fancy! Hi, I'm Baber, pleased ta meetcha! What's your name?"

    Baber smiles and extends their hand to shake through the gap

    V0iJ9AS.png
    Tynnan
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Hado

    Behind the false bubbling lava you see several symbols carved into the clay volcano. A simple cut into any one of them will drastically alter their meaning, with dangerous results! At the moment it’s mostly an illusion with a few phosphorus materials inside the clay volcano... but all schools of magic are related to adjacent schools.

    You can definitely sabotage it, no need to roll.

    If you want to be sure of the results you can make an Arcana check, but it’ll take time to do that.



    Baber

    The concealed person goes for something in their robe, but stop when the Floretta lifts a finger.

    He speaks with a practised tone, “I am Third Abbot Avad, of the Ripple of the Lotus. You won’t have heard of us, I wager; for we are simple monks that forgo material needs wherever possible.”

    The Tunglani woman begins to walk towards the gap in the wall.

    “If you’ll excuse me sir, I need to get to the dance floor.”, she says briskly.

    “Why the rush, Oona? These seem like pleasant people. Destiny as evidently brought them into our path.”, he puts a hand on his chin, “And what is your name, if I may ask?”

  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    "Hi, I'm Baber! I already said that but I've said so much that it's probably easy to miss! So y'all are monks, huh? That's real neat, I don't know that I've ever met any monks before! Except my cousin Monk, but that's not his real name, we just call him that because he's got a funny spot on the back of his head like how supposedly some monks cut their hair, haha!"

    Baber pauses to inhale, and swings their still outstretched, still unshaken hand towards the woman, "Oona, huh? That's a really pretty name, ma'am, and you're real pretty too! You like dancing? You should have seen me and my friend dance earlier, we won a dance-off! It was great and exciting, you'd have loved it!"

    V0iJ9AS.png
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    edited July 27
    Hado isn't likely to decipher the specific meaning of those symbols, but he gets the gist of what they're doing. Looking around the Fire room, he'll take a deep breath and scratch a new gouge into the symbols, disrupting their magical definition and drastically altering the command they impose on reality. Then he'll quickly step back from the sabotaged decoration, moving into the Ice room but staying along the near wall, across the room from where he sees his friends and the newly melted ice wall. He takes up a position near a table or chair he could quickly break apart for an impromptu wooden club suitable for Shillelagh.

    Changed my mind again: Hado is going to move back into the Earth section and keep eyes on Ghigan. Though he'll stay mindful of the nearest convenient table or chair.

    Tynnan on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited July 27
    Hado

    You hand passes freely into the warm, translucent lava... but once you alter a symbol you reflexly pull your hand back! It burns terribly! You can’t use that hand until you are healed, magically or by someone proficient in healing.

    You take 6 fire damage. You remain invisible.

    The volcano erupts!

    At first there are a few cheers, then shrieks as a table begins to burn! People flee the scene!



    Baber

    Oona looks bamboozled by your questions, and is about to answer some when the volcano erupts! You hear screams as harsh orange light and heat refracts through the melting ice.



    Gear

    “Look out!”, Jade shouts.


    Gear, before you take any action, make a Perception check!

    It is important to note here, Jade has your staff.



    Hado

    You see Ghigan and his men rush into the fire section. Smoke is already billowing out into the earth section.

    The two you knocked into the swimming pool aren’t with them; it was definitely worth getting rid of them!



    Baber

    The Floretta monk leaps over the table in one flowing movement!

    His companion, the one concealed from head to toe, side kicks the locked door open and sends the poor guard flying. He sprints out into the earth section!



    Geth roll 2d4 for Actual Lava

    Actual Lava:
    2d4 6 [2d4=2, 4]

    Endless_Serpents on
    Tynnan
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    "What's all the commotion? What's going on?"

    Baber feigns panic and pushes into the Spirit Zone after Avad and the concealed monk [OOC: and I guess Oona?], trying to keep them in their sight

    V0iJ9AS.png
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    "jade. Staff; now!"

    Geth roll 1d20+3 for perception

    perception:
    1d20+3 20 [1d20=17]

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    DarmakTynnan
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited July 28
    Gear

    One of the Ishtari asking questions at the bar barrels into you Gear, but you fling yourself over his back and fall onto a perfect forward roll. When you roll to your feet you catch the equipment Jade was looking over as she tosses it your way!

    She grins at you, then yelps suddenly as Roam is flung over the shoulder of the other Ishtari man from the bar! He struggles, but the crook’s grapple is absolute!



    Baber

    Oona moves like a summer breeze around you, then dashes away 40 feet! What kind of training do these monks do?

    Avad steps towards you, and you tense in wait of a strike—but it never comes. Facing the Ishtari with the young lad over his shoulder, stood to your left, the Abbot raises his hands and squeezes them tight. They shimmer briefly, a shadowy chain forming between them for a moment.

    “Unhand that child!”, he bellows.

    The one carrying Roam is struck by something so hard his mask flies off, then he freezes in place on his tiptoes.


    Baber, you’ve lost track of the concealed monk.



    Hado

    You see the guard flung across the room as the door is burst off the lock.

    A figure in layers of long draped cloth flies out, leg stretched.

    “What in the name of Mortozan?!”, an Ishtari blurts out.

    The cultist’s leader, Ghigan, pushes passed him and squares up to the concealed monk. You see him pull out a long ceremonial knife and hold it behind his back.

    “What’s going on in there?”, he grunts, and when there’s no reply he says, “Get out of my way. Boys, we’ve got him, get in there now!”




    Geth roll 1d20 for Hold Person Saving Throw


    A band begins to play even as smoke fills the earth section.

    Hold Person Saving Throw:
    1d20 13 [1d20=13]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited July 28
    Roll for initiative!

    All IshtarI have 12 initiative!

    All monks have 9 initiative!

    Geth roll 1d20
    Geth roll 1d20+5

    1d20 12 [1d20=12]
    1d20+5 9 [1d20=4]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+1 for INITIATIVE

    Baber grins, cracks their knuckles, cracks their neck, rolls their shoulders a few times, and begins glowing in an anticipatory pinkish-orange hue.

    INITIATIVE:
    1d20+1 20 [1d20=19]

    V0iJ9AS.png
    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited July 28
    01q5ewtvzkpq.jpeg

    The numbers are Ishtari traditionalists.
    8 is Ghigan, the leader of the mob.
    O is Oona, who is booking it!
    C is the mysterious concealed monk.
    A is Abbot Avad, the Floretta who just cast a spell!


    Hado is in the earth section.

    Baber is in the spirit section.

    Gear is in the melting ice section.

    Endless_Serpents on
    Darmak
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    @Darmak

    Your initiative was so good you can make any skill check as an extra action on your turn with advantage.

  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+1 for initiative!

    initiative!:
    1d20+1 12 [1d20=11]

  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Baber laughs maniacally and rushes after the concealed monk. Right as they start to push past the monk to their right, it appears as though Baber's bioluminescent glow peels away from their body and pushes past the monk to their left. Now the monk has a barely glowing Baber to their right and a brightly glowing, translucent Baber to their left. Baber lashes out at Ghigan with an elbow while Baber's glowing Echo attempts a two-handed hammerfist at him. They both roar at Ghigan and their lackey next to him

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for attack1
    Geth roll 1d20+2 for attack2
    Geth roll 1d20+3 for intimidation

    [OOC: to clarify for Endless_Serpents, Baber moved forward, used a bonus action to use their Manifest Echo ability, then they attacked and used their Unleash Incarnation ability which reads: "You can heighten your echo's fury. Whenever you take the Attack action, you can make one additional melee attack from the echo's position. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Constitution modifier (a minimum of once). You regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest." After that they used their extra action you allowed them to attempt to intimidate Ghigan and their associate. Also, if either attack hits they'll deal 1+Str mod (2) for 3 damage each. Oh, and Baber's unarmored AC is 11]

    attack1:
    1d20+2 12 [1d20=10]
    attack2:
    1d20+2 6 [1d20=4]
    intimidation:
    1d20+3 14 [1d20=11]

    V0iJ9AS.png
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+2 for iniative

    iniative:
    1d20+2 5 [1d20=3]

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited July 29
    Gear's ready, shield in one hand, staff in the other thanks to Jade's quick thinking. She wishes despraelty at this point she'd trained more to fight in melee, but done is done.

    With a swift move she swings out with her staff at the #1 thug. On jade's shoulde,r the tiny wooden monkey rears up and then lets out a shriek... and a discharge of a bolt of energy at the same!

    Geth roll 1d20 for Staff attack
    Geth roll 1d6 for staff damage
    Geth roll 1d20+5 for Eldritch Cannon
    Geth roll 2d8 for Eldritch Damage

    Edit: Staff attack should have my proficiney bonus. So that's +2. Whoops.

    Also, if the Eldritch cannon hit lands, the thug gets sent staggering back 5ft. that monkey hits hard!

    Staff attack:
    1d20 9 [1d20=9]
    staff damage:
    1d6 3 [1d6=3]
    Eldritch Cannon:
    1d20+5 14 [1d20=9]
    Eldritch Damage:
    2d8 5 [2d8=1, 4]

    The Zombie Penguin on
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    DarmakEndless_Serpents
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Hado, invisibly cradling his burnt hand, waits behind the confrontation between Ghigan and the monk. Since he wasn’t part of the spirit room encounter, this is all new to him so for the moment he is going to wait and see what happens.

    Hado will Ready an action: if Ghigan attacks anyone or moves into the ice/spirit room, Hado will Wild Shape into a monitor lizard, similar to the ones from the beach the other day but CR 1/4-sized.

    Does Hado recognize the monk or notice anything about them?

    Geth roll 1d20+5 for perception

    ((I’ll figure out the right stat block in the morning.))

    perception:
    1d20+5 19 [1d20=14]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited July 30
    Baber

    Your illuminated, twinned forms batter the cultists, and as they stumble back your deafening roar sends one of them running.

    “Coward!”, Ghigan spits after him.

    Ghigan’s nose is bleeding. He wipes it away, and chuckles. Quick as a flash he cleaves into you with a long ceremonial knife! (...at least, he’s picked one of the two.)

    A terrible ripping sound, followed by a guttural hiss is heard, but this does not put Ghigan off his attack.

    Should his attack hit, along with his damage, you also suffer 1 poison damage at the start of every turn for the next 6 turns!

    Geth roll 1d20+5 for Attack
    Geth roll 1d6 for Effect
    Geth roll 1d4+5 for Damage



    Gear

    Knocked off balance by your first strike, the following beam of sonic monkey energy flips him over a table. The crack of head against ice is shockingly loud. He’s knocked out cold!

    Roam lads heavily on the melting ice, which cracks beneath him! Jade rushes over to help him up.

    The ice section is now difficult terrain, and will become a freezing cold pool in less than a minute! It’ll likely flood into nearby sections of the tavern.

    The remaining thug (#2) holds up his hands.

    “Let me explain! I’ll tell you everything!”, he yelps.



    Hado

    Seeing the cultist lash out, you bound forward, your body instinctively changing without a thought, without so much as a magic word. You’re a druid, a conduit of nature’s will! Your limbs lengthen and your skin hardens to scales! You have transformed into a dreaded reptilian beast!
    xa6lw45mcodx.jpeg

    You know nothing of the concealed monk... but in that you realise something is very off about them! It could be easily missed, but their garb does not appear to be of any faction in New Zellatia, and their wide brimmed hat is not a design you’re familiar with. Though such a thought seems improbable, you believe this person is not from the city at all! They are not a monk all all, despite the company they keep, or else they’re a monk of an order unknown to you!

    Attack:
    1d20+5 22 [1d20=17]
    Effect:
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]
    Damage:
    1d4+5 8 [1d4=3]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Gear brings her staff up and aims at squarely at the thug. Lightning crackles in her chest, and her expression is furious

    "Start taking. Now." Without moving her head she addresses jade and roam "once you're both up, get our assilant off the floor. This place is flooding, and we're not murderers"

    "And talk quickly. Because you get to carry your idiot friend."

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited July 31
    Gear

    “Healing Word!”, you hear the familiar voice of Luce cry as she knee-slides into the fallen thug.

    “Bar fight huh? No, something more?”, she squints at you all, “Right, I’m going to make sure this guy doesn’t die, then you,” she points at the thug, “are in big trouble!”

    Luce’s arm goes through the ice as she tries to prop herself up.

    “Shitfuck!”, she shouts, which was not very cleric of her.

    She hauls the downed Ishtari towards the rest of you.

    The other one, hands raised at staff-point explains to you in detail that Ghigan, son of a Blood on the Mountain elder, hopes to win points for keeping Jade and Roam apart.

    The Blood on the Mountain are a cult that believe they owe the Giants a debt for their aid centuries prior. Part of that debt is breeding, simple as that, because the Giants are gone and the Ishtari are their inheritors.

    Ghigan would dearly love to run things for all Ishtari, but he’s not as powerful as he projects, he just has a gift for commanding others.

    He told this thugs they were going to steal Roam away to ‘educate’ him. He did not tell them he’d be fine if Jade dies in the process.



    Baber

    With a toothy grin your echo is sliced apart, vanishing harmlessly in a crackle of sparkling lights that dance their way back onto your illuminated body.

    Geth roll 1d2 for Who’s Who?

    Whos Who?:
    1d2 2 [1d2=2]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited July 31
    "Thanks, Luce. I was intendeding to discourage him, not give him cranial trauma. Turns out this thing packs more than a little punch" - she gestures to the monkey, which is still on Jade's shoulder. It's got it's arms crossed and looks very proud of itself.

    ((OOC: It's vastly funnier if i act like eldritch cannons have personality, THEREFORE))

    Gear squints at the thug and steps foward and presses the staff firmly into his throat. "You? You're an idiot. A useful idiot to Ghigan, apparently, but still an idiot. If Roam wants to have children with another Ishtrai, that's Roam choice. Force Roam to do so..." gear pushes the staff a little bit more firmly as the monkey jumps from Jade onto the end and opens it's maw wide, showing the glowing mechanisms within. "I have found and killed a demon, and vanquished one of the Vilelord's minions. You will not be nearly so hard to deal with. Are we clear?"

    "Luce, do you feel capable of looking after Jade and Roam while i take Idiot here to find this Ghigan fellow, and put an end to this... whatever the hell this is." Gear looks around. "Not a party anymore. Any idea where Rufio might be? Suspect he neds a hand getting everything under control. I can take Jade and Roam to him, if you'd prefer."

    Gear pauses. "And be careful. i know we told you about the demon already, but we think it's summoner might be here at the party."

    ((OOC: I'm assuming that Gear debrief Luce on the whole "We killed a fucking demon" situation during her training with her.

    Also it's so tempting to switch out Gunmonkey for Robo-Rogo, but i feel like adding morefire would make things worse here, even if i could use it to melt more ice/evaporate water. It IS a flamethrower, after all!. Edit, that said...))

    Gear takes a moment to place her monkey on the ground and does... SOmething far too fast for anyone else to see with one of her tools. The monkey, for lack of a better term, unfolds itself till it's noticeably bigger. It then uses it's new found size to poke Idiot meaningfully.

    ((Gear has used her action to resummon her Eldritch Turret, but this time it's Small sized. it has an AC of 18, all it's saving throws are +0, and it has 15 HP. It's got a move speed of 15ft. Barring me calling out, assume it's following Gear, and sticking within range of her))

    The Zombie Penguin on
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited July 31
    The tavern has filled with smoke! The volcano has grown dormant, all the magic had been used up. Everyone takes 1 fire damage, and the tavern is now in dim light.

    “Will do, boss.”, Luce says with a wink.

    Luce, Roam and Jade run out the back door, into the fresh air of the night.

    Rufio, owner of the tavern, launches a ball at the back of Ghigan’s head. The ball visibly squashes from the force of the blow, rebounding once, twice and out a window.

    He let’s fly with seventeen expletives you’ve never heard before.

    “My tavern! You! You did this!”, he rages at Ghigan, he turns to Avad as he casually rounds the corner into the earth section, “My honoured guests! I’m so sorry.”

    “Don’t be,”, Abbot Avad states, “It was meant to be. I’m glad we were here to help. My student Oona has no doubt already rounded up some patrolmen.”

    Realising his number is up, Ghigan shoves one of his thugs at Baber and makes a break for it towards the fire section. He hopes the thicker smoke will cover him.

    Hado, it’s up to you to stop him in time!

    [OOC: Ghigan is considered to have half-cover in the thick smoke. You can easily reach him with 20 feet of movement.]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Baber just realized what they did and how their glowing echo just took a blow intended for them. They're surprised and slightly puzzled. What'd they just do?

    V0iJ9AS.png
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Hado charges after the fleeing Ghigan! When he reaches the Ishtari, he'll bite down at Ghigan's leg to try and grapple him.

    Geth roll 1d20+4 for chomp!
    Geth roll 1d20+2 for stay!

    chomp!:
    1d20+4 15 [1d20=11]
    stay!:
    1d20+2 15 [1d20=13]

    Darmak
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited July 31
    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Wriggle

    Ghigan struggles, dragging his leg, further ripping it himself. Together you spin within the heavy smoke, and both take 1 fire damage.

    You fight for a full minute, no one wanting to go near this sudden hulking reptile. Eventually, coughing up a lung, you both slow, and hold each other in a full body lock.

    Oona has arrived with the local patrolmen, looking at her feet.

    “Very good.”, says Abbot Avad, “What a good idea that was. I’m glad you ran away to do that for us all.”

    The Abbot shakes hands with the highest ranking patrolmen while his team shackle the Ishtari cultists.

    Wriggle:
    1d20+2 15 [1d20=13]

    Endless_Serpents on
    Darmak
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Baber poses in victory!

    a8cvp9yt3qp3.png

    V0iJ9AS.png
    TynnanEndless_Serpents
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Hado will gnaw on Ghigan's ankle until the others arrive and subdue the cultist, after which he'll limp over to Gear and Baber and stay in his animal form, surveying the whole situation.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited August 1
    The patrolmen Steve Irwin Hado off Ghigan, and begin to take statements from the few guests remaining at the party. The fire has been put on him, thought to be a distraction as part of his kidnapping plot. It’s not exactly true, but the elders of the Blood on the Mountain have way more money than you do, so screw them, right?

    In the following days the elders will throw Ghigan under the preverbal bus, and he’ll serve time. His thugs get off lightly with 6 months of community service, as they were pretty clueless about the extent of the plan.

    Back in the present:

    Hado

    You see the red haired ghost walking away from the premises, she is already far away.

    Make an Arcana check.

    Baber

    Abbot Avad, the Floretta monk extends his hand for you to shake. With his free hand he takes off his mask, which pulls his silver necklace free from beneath his robes.

    “Officer Nu, meet Baber. The hero of the hour. Together we subdued the criminals. Myself and Officer Nu are good friends, I hope we can be friends as well.”, he says with a thin smile.

    Remember, patrolmen have filled the tavern.

    Gear

    Luce jumps up on a table and ushers the remaining guests to listen.

    “Party at the Leaner! Rufio my man, it was an awesome night, don’t feel bad. Everyone will pitch in to help tomorrow, I promise.”, she calls to you all.

    The small crowd and lingering smoke hides who’s still present.

    Make a Perception check.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+3 for perception

    Gear nods in agreement. "We'll be here, Rufio. Promise"

    ((OOC: Can gear see the priest and necklace?))

    perception:
    1d20+3 22 [1d20=19]

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Gear, you scan the room and clearly see the following:


    The concealed monk, the one with the wide hat and layers of silk, casts a spell as they step back towards a darkened corner. Silvery mist surrounds their feet...

    You see the head patrolman stood next to the abbot, and distinctly note the shine of metal from his necklace.

    Oona, the abbot’s student, is once again taking her leave. She’s told a patrolman the smoke is making her feel faint, so he’s walking her out the front door right now...

    You only have time to react to one of these things.

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Gear makes a spot decison, and runs straight for the concealed monk. Of all teh things, this seems like the most immediate risk. As she runs, she calls up all her magical knowledge to see if she can identify WHAT the monk (are they even a monk, she wonders? That clothing makes no sense) is doing. Her robot monkey pounds after slowly

    Geth roll 1d20+5 for Arcana

    Arcana:
    1d20+5 6 [1d20=1]

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    ((GEEEEEEEEEETTTHHHHH)))

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited August 1
    They evaporate in a cloud of wispy silver mist. They’re gone!

    Your only consolation being that they did not expect anyone to notice, and you now have evidence they had reason to leave so quickly. Very suspicious.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Gear swears softly, and turns to head back to Baber and the monk.

    Who she'd very much like to have words with

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
Sign In or Register to comment.