D&D 5E: The Festival of Masks

145791026

Posts

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Gear can’t get a good aim over the giant crab, and the bolt hits the ceiling of the dome!

  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    [OOC: okay, little change of plan, let me know what you want me to roll to attempt this]

    Baber moves next to Hado, then attempts to leap over his bonfire and blight 2 and land in the water between the pillars, then turn and attack blight 3.

    V0iJ9AS.png
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    ((Works for me!))

    Hado stumbles as the blight lashes his back, then turns toward it (#2) and casts Create Bonfire in its space. #2 will need to make a DEX save DC 13 now, and again when it begins its turn, or take 1d8 fire damage. No damage on save.

    Geth roll 1d8 for Bonfire damage

    Bonfire damage:
    1d8 2 [1d8=2]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 19
    Geth roll 1d20-1 for Hotness

    The blight takes a moment to register the growing flames beneath it, and by then it’s too late. It obviously takes time for the force animating it to sense things!

    [OOC: Go for an Acrobatics skill check. Make your attack and damage roll too. You’ll definitely be able to do all that, it’s just a matter of how messily you do it...]

    Hotness:
    1d20-1 8 [1d20=9]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 19
    Geth roll 1d8 for Start Turn Damage

    The blight (#2) takes a knee. It’s legs smoulder in the bonfire. It lashes out feebly, but is done for.

    [OOC: I forgot to use Geth for the save so I rolled it for real. It got a 2.]

    1d8 1 [1d8=1]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+1 for acrobatics
    Geth roll 1d20+4 for attack
    Geth roll 1d8+2 for damage

    acrobatics:
    1d20+1 10 [1d20=9]
    attack:
    1d20+4 15 [1d20=11]
    damage:
    1d8+2 10 [1d8=8]

    V0iJ9AS.png
    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 19
    You catch your foot on the burning blight and tumble into the water. Seeking purchase you pull the other one down...

    How do you slay it?



    Besides the one that’s run off, you have defeated the blights!

    Rogo-Rogo bursts out behind Baber and leaps into the water, sending waves crashing all around. It rockets off at full speed back where you came from.

    The mist remains.



    Everyone gains 50 experience!

    Endless_Serpents on
    TynnanDarmakThe Zombie Penguin
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Baber grabs blight 3 and rams their trident through it's midsection, raising it's corpse above the water and letting out a mighty roar

    [OOC: they're ignoring the tripping and falling into the water lol]

    V0iJ9AS.png
    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 19
    For a moment everyone is reminded why your people were terrifying before the rebellion. Your eyes roll back and your wide open mouth reveals rows of sharp teeth. Your body ripples with pulses of red light in a skeletal pattern; that’s “Death” in your unique illuminating language. You look badass, and I bet they’re glad you’re on their side!





    With temporary peace comes time to collect yourself and decide where to head next. Post as you like, make whatever roll you think is necessary. Perhaps an Investigation check?

    Endless_Serpents on
    Darmak
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Hado decides he's probably not well suited to deciphering arcane sigils and instead goes to have a better look at this room and the chill mist that has fallen across the water. He taps his sagebrush focus on his shoulders and casts Guidance on himself.

    Geth roll 1d20-1+1d4 for investigation

    ((or +5 modifier for perception, I'll leave that up to Endless_Serpents to decide))

    investigation:
    1d20-1+1d4 19 [1d20=19] [1d4=1]

  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited June 19
    Baber treads water, breathing heavily for about five seconds, then their glow returns to normal and their eyes lose the wild rage. Then they look around and go,
    "Did anyone see where the big crab went off to? I guess he didn't enjoy my ocarina playing skills" and they start chuckling to themselves while they swim back over to the dome where Gear and Hado are.

    Darmak on
    V0iJ9AS.png
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    There is a broken sacrificial altar in the dome, likely broken before Rogo-Rogo was bound over it, but that didn’t help it any. You seen no traces of blood, so thankfully this place might never have seen use.

    The walls inside the dome depict three separate events in a row that has no beginning or end.

    The lowest row shows hundreds of kneeling giants carrying masonry and equipment to build the many monuments and fortresses across the known world.

    The middle row shows Calipdis legions slaughtering tribes of people you can’t place. There’s no modern equivalent of them; they’re gone.

    The highest row shows creatures dragged up from the lower rows and changed into hideous things. The things melt together in places, and bite and claw to reach higher.

    Straining your neck you see a bone talisman hanging from the ceiling, Giant scripture is burned into it.

    For those who can understand Giant in at least a broken manner, it reads:
    Here you have come / here you will rest / the mist that slows / gathers with each breath.


    z8ja9toon9ub.jpeg

    m = mist
    > = large sealed door

    The mist spreads out across the water. It’s getting thicker. At these time you have no way of knowing, or guessing, what the mist does, if anything.

    What do you do?

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    (I'll add the exp to my character sheet. Gonna also roll investigate, just to see if i turn up anyhting else!)

    Geth roll 1d20+5 for investigate

    "I have a feeling that mist is not safe" Gear notes nervously

    investigate:
    1d20+5 14 [1d20=9]

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 20
    Peering out from the dome you see the sealed door across the water. Like the dome itself it has a series of steps leading down into the water. Everyone could make it over there in one quick swim, and at least be able to stand half out of the water. 10 feet above the sealed door is a small eye-shaped opening; altogether it’s 20 feet from the ground.

    You recall briefly seeing a passage to the north, so tight the party would have to walk down it in single file.

    The mist is thickest back the way you came.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited June 20
    (Sooo, what we wanna do, everyone? Head for the door and see if there's a way through? Or head for the guaranteed way deeper? I'm stumped honestly - I dunno how we'd open the door, thoguh i could try Magical Tinkering on a rock and biff it through the hole or something to make some noise, see if that attracted attention?

    Edit: Endless has reminded me i have the Cotornist feature - i can get through the hole. And die tol whatever's on the other side while the mists consume you all! )

    The Zombie Penguin on
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    Darmak
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    ((Would Hado be able to read the talisman? If so, he'll read it aloud to the group. If not, then he won't! Either way, the mist is creeping him out and he wants to try and stay ahead of it.))

    Hado points out the eye-shaped opening to Gear. "Do you think I could lift you high enough to climb towards that opening? If we can't get to it, then we should head for that small passage instead. This mist frightens me."

  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    [OOC: Baber could boost Gear up to the hole so she can cram herself in, then open the door for everyone. Could first look through and see if there's anything immediately dangerous before going in lol]

    V0iJ9AS.png
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Gear nods. "I think if you cant, Baber can, and if Baber cant, both of you working together can. I might have to take my armor off though to do it" Her mouth twists unhappily at the thought. (@Endless_serpents let me know if i can keep wearing my armor or not. Shall we all just move to the door then?)

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    [OOC:

    Between Hado and Baber, Gear will be able to climb through the opening.

    I’m sure Hado can read it!

    Gear will have to take their armour off to do it.]



  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    (Gear will be very unahppy about this, she loves her armor)

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    Endless_Serpents
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    ((OOC: I'll wait for @Darmak and @Tynnan to say they're onboard with teh plan and then narrate my end of things!)

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    Darmak
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    "It's good to have someone who can fit in such a tiny space!" Hado laughs. "We can help you get up there. Be careful on the other side, yes?"

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    (Going to assume @Darmak got eaten by real life furniture mimic-mistsharks (Very common peril, dontchaknow), and we'll have to play without them. RIP =P. Shall i assume Hado's read things out, Tynnan?)

    Gear nods, and moves to the door way with the others. "Look. After. My. Armor." she grates, stripping out of it and her other gear, save for her light emitting necklace ring she keeps on. "Boost me up, and i'll get through"

    (to attempt to speed things up a little: Gear's going to try a perception check while she's moving through, to see if there's any dangers on the other-side. if that's not cool, feel free to disregard it. Then she's going to do an investigate roll once she's on the other side - again, fi you'd rather descirbe things and then let me roll or whatever endless, please be my guest!)

    geth roll 1d20+3 for perception
    geth roll 1d20+5 for investigate



    perception:
    1d20+3 13 [1d20=10]
    investigate:
    1d20+5 11 [1d20=6]

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Its a tight fit, but when your arms bend both ways a lot more in possible. Gear pulls herself through the eye-shaped gap above the door and onto the other side. They land gracefully, kicking up a cloud of dust. It’s much drier on this side, and the floor is smoothed black stone.

    In front of Gear there is a heavy looking horizontal stone wheel on top of a round structure. The wheel has six spokes attached to it. It looks like you can push it around, but it’ll take time and effort. This must open the door... Unfortunately it will take more than 1 turn to open the door!

    Gear, make a Athletics skill check! How well you roll will determine how many turns it takes you to open the door!

    Hado! Baber! You see more blights rising up at distant points across the lake, shrouded in mist! You can’t count them all, some are diving, others fade in and out of view in the mist. It won’t be long until you have to defend yourself!



    The mist is thickening. Both Hado and Baber must make a Wisdom saving throw!

    Hado has Gear’s armour, for the record.



    [OOC: I’ll take your first roll.]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    For ease, both Hado and Baber are at the top of the initiative order. Do whatever you can think of to give yourself protection from the distant blights.

    Gear will spend the next X turns opening the door.

    Will she open it in time?

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+0 for athletics swearing the cruel gods who are making you push a wheel after doing THAT to your limbs all the while

    athletics swearing the cruel gods who are making you push a wheel after doing THAT to your limbs all the while:
    1d20+0 10 [1d20=10]

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    The old wheel creaks, and almost looks locked in place, but with all her strength the Primodem manage to force it a quarter of a turn round. Behind her Gear hears one internal lock shunk open.

    It will take Gear 2 turns to open the door.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 20
    ipifrflm2jmy.jpeg


    Hado and Baber are stood on steps that lead into the water. They’re submerged up to their hips (well, less so Hado). Behind them is the sealed door.

    On the other side of the door is Gear, pushing around the wheel.

    The ‘b’s are blights. There are more than are shown on the map.

    The ‘m’s is mist. It is already filling more than the map shows.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Hado will put his back to the door and ready his action. He will cast Create Bonfire on the first blight to step next to either him or Baber.

    Geth roll 1d20+5 for WIS save

    WIS save:
    1d20+5 7 [1d20=2]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Unfortunately you are on the only steps to the door. Were a blight to be adjacent to you they’d be in the water.

    Hado can’t help but breathe in the mist, and feel it’s chilling presence circulate swiftly around his body...

    Hado’s movement is temporarily reduced to 25 feet.

  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20-1 for wisdom saving throw

    "More of these things? I'm getting awfully tired of fighting seaweed," Baber moans. "This mist is concerning, too."

    They ready their action to attack a blight when one steps close.

    wisdom saving throw:
    1d20-1 0 [1d20=1]

    V0iJ9AS.png
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    (i'm choosing to imagine this as Baber deciding that he needs an EXTRA DEEP BREATH to prep for the fighting, and forgetting about the creepy mist moments after he said he was concnered)

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    DarmakEndless_Serpents
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    ((Oops, my mistake! I think Hado would probably recognize that. Would you accept him readying a quarterstaff attack instead?))

    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Baber is slow:
    Your speed has been temporarily reduced to 20 feet! In addition, you have disadvantage to Dexterity saving throws until you take a short rest.



    The blights have moved only a little in the mist, save one, which is now 10 feet in front of you both...

    One more turn until the door is open!

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Gear contiunes to Work hard and Be Angry.

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    DarmakEndless_SerpentsTynnan
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Hado and Baber, what do you do next? There is only one blight nearby. To get within melee range you’d have to be swimming too, which is tough going.

  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Baber spends their turn doing the same thing, with a readied attack for any blight that gets close.

    V0iJ9AS.png
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    [OOC: Eh, let’s keep it going.]

    In tandem you swing your weapons as the blight leaps for you, and as you strike it back into the blue the door swings open behind you! The other blights vanish as your opponent sinks—it was an illusion! The spell-caster must be able to cast spells from a blight. A dangerous foe indeed... they don’t even need to be near to cast a spell...

    Both Baber and Hado stumble back beyond the doorway. Moments later Gear is forced to roll away as the wheel spins back, and the door slams shut!

    The mist is locked away, and you’re able to breath freely. For now, both Hado and Baber are slowed down, but were they to rest they would be renewed.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Before you is a wide corridor that bends. There is an torch stand every few feet, but none have torches in them. It’s dark, save for your own meagre light sources. You don’t hear anything unusual. The area smells of dust, it’s dry, and there are no tracks you can make out.

    Roughly 2 hours have passed since you set foot in the cave.

    cy8jmrdgyavr.jpeg


    What do you do?

  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Gear immediately turns to stare at both of them. "Where. Is. My. armor."

    (She's going to make them open the doro and get it at fireboltpoint if they dont get have ot)

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
Sign In or Register to comment.