Options

Slow down this is an [Animal Crossing] thread

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    I find swimming/diving very multitaskable, as in I only need to watch for bubbles and the shadows don't disappear if I botch a dive. The isopod gave me one hell of a run last night though

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Do all fish tanks have lights in them? I set down an octopus and turned a light on in its tank when I touched it!

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Do all fish tanks have lights in them? I set down an octopus and turned a light on in its tank when I touched it!

Yes they do!

• Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Ugh. Took forever to get a scallop on my second character and Pascal did not show up. :(

Yeah, the rate of pearls and also Pascal's appearances are really irritating me.

We have lives, Nintendo! I should not need to dive for 6 hours to get a single piece of furniture.

I have yet to find a pearl.

At least the swimming and diving is far less annoying than fishing. You don’t have to keep making new wetsuits as they break, like fishing poles.

Exactly how sure are we of that?

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Repose is open for round two of week two's touch and drop. Open by dodo, so feel free to invite those you know. :D I am afk. If you find a bloody walking stick on the tree, send a @ to Wyborn and ask him to catch that fucker

1JSVS

Arcade Combat Game (1)
    Arcade Fighting Game (1)
    Arcade Mahjong Game (1)
    Arcade Seat (3)
    Autograph Cards (4)
    Automatic Washer (6)
    Baby Bear (6)
    Baby Chair (7)
    Baby Panda (1)
    Ball (4)
    Barbecue (5)
    Basic Teacher's Desk (3)
    Basketball Hoop (3)
    Bathroom Sink (3)
    Bathroom Towel Rack (4)
    Beach Ball (4)
    Beach Chair (6)
    Beach Towel (1)
    Bidet (1)
    Billiard Table (3)
    Bingo Wheel (1)

Non orderables, the customizable ones set in the column with the DIY workbench:
    Apple Chair
    Aroma Pot
    Asteroid
    Astronaut Suit
    Bamboo Basket
    Bamboo Bench
    Bamboo Candleholder
    Bamboo Doll
    Bamboo Drum
    Bamboo Floor Lamp
    Bamboo Lunch Box
    Bamboo Noodle Slide
    Bamboo Partition
    Bamboo Shelf
    Bamboo-Shoot Lamp
    Bamboo Speaker
    Bamboo Sphere
    Bamboo Stool
    Bamboo Stopblock
    Bamboo Wall Decoration
    Bamboo Wand
    Barbell
    Barrel
    Beekeeper's Hive

Artisanal Bug Cage
    Bamboo Grass

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Pietro finally moved out, now I'm at last going to have a cranky villager in the form of Admiral!

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    Yeah, I ordered one from Nook shopping but at the same time I wanna go swimming now

you... can thats what im saying

go to the nooklings and they should sell one in the tool/wallpaper closet

i believe the little blurb about swimming being enabled even says you can get swimwear there

I also did not have one in the cabinet today and I've seen others say so on twitter.

seems like maybe it shares a slot with something else? one of the umbrellas?

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    well in this instance it wasn't clear if they even checked the cabinet at all. but that is very nintendo if you, through rng, actually can't get the thing on patch day

not that we couldn't just buy multiples and trade them I suppose

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Did you get the update? I had to do mine manually before I started playing.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Does anyone have a 100+ rate for turnips I am still very upset about late night as it was just one of the many things that set me off on being snipy right now

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Does anyone have a 100+ rate for turnips I am still very upset about late night as it was just one of the many things that set me off on being snipy right now

Mine have hit what's probably going to be their low point for the week, unfortunately

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »

Mine have hit what's probably going to be their low point for the week, unfortunately

Mine was in the 60's all week than hit the 40's today
    I was just upset about they choose to do maintenance when and how they did with the total ugliness of work last night

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    cruuuuuud

I thought yall meant the thing accessed at the ABD or your phone when talking about Nook's, gaaaaah

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    I want to see what everyone has picked out for their suits, since there doesn't seem to be much in terms of Variety yet.
    I'm very happy that I can now say that technically, I live in a pineapple under the sea
    wzm10ygh73q5.jpg

• Options
    I have not picked a suit as i am far more consumed with selling my turnips and still upset about yesterday

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I have not picked a suit as i am far more consumed with selling my turnips and still upset about yesterday

If you can't sell your turnips I can just spot you the cash to cover the loss

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

go to turnip.exchange
    Lots of islands buying over 500 bells if you don't mind waiting in a queue and paying a couple of nook miles tickets for entry

• Options
    Ah crap guys

Frita, the weird hamburger hotdog sheep I wanted is in my campsite but Bob is the chosen sacrifice, who I dont need but I like him and hes a very in demand old classic

Guess I'm gonna have a good 'un in boxes shortly

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Oh I guess sometimes Pascal gives a pearl and not a diy

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Ah crap guys

Frita, the weird hamburger hotdog sheep I wanted is in my campsite but Bob is the chosen sacrifice, who I dont need but I like him and hes a very in demand old classic

There is a way to reset who they ask for. The moment they say the name, don't click past that dialog box, close the game from the switch menu and restart. You will have to talk to the campsite visitor again and convince them to move in, but they will pick a random different villager to kick out. You can repeat this as much as you want.

Probably too late for Bob though.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Oh I actually was not aware there was a way to game that but yeah rip bob

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Apparently they changed KK. If there is a Saturday event he will no longer show up on Friday and thus loose you a visitor slot. He now arrives on Sunday and does not effect Tulip purchases.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    T&D Week 3 collecting begins! Please take a look at your catalog and see if you have any of the following you can contribute:

Things I still need to catalog (highest priority)
    The pirate ship bottle is particularly cute! :D

Things I need to order (lower priority, I'm ordering per day)

Next week's items will consist of:

Blue Corner (1)
    Board Game (3)
    Book (4)
    Book Stands (4)
    Bottled Ship (3)
    Box Corner Sofa (8)
    Box Sofa (8)
    Breaker (1)
    Brine-Shrimp Aquarium (1)
    Broom and Dustpan (4)
    Butterfly-Fish Model (1)
    Cacao Tree (1)
    Camp Stove (6)
    Campfire Cookware (1)
    Camping Cot (8)
    Candle (5)
    Candy Machine (4)
    Cardboard Box (7)

Also the following items:

Brake Tapper (1)
    Bronze Bug Trophy (1)
    Bronze Fish Trophy (1)
    Bronze HHA Plaque (1)
    Bronze HHA Trophy (1)
    Bug Plaque (1)
    Campsite Sign (1)

Also the following DIY items (customizable)

Birdbath
    Birdcage
    Birdhouse
    Blossom-Viewing Lantern
    Bone Doorplate
    Bonfire
    Boomerang
    Brick Oven
    Brick Well
    Butter Churn
    Cardboard Bed
    Cardboard Chair
    Cardboard Sofa
    Cardboard Table

And finally the non-customizable DIY items:

Blue Rose Wreath
    Bonsai Shelf
    Bunny Day Arch
    Bunny Day Basket
    Bunny Day Bed
    Bunny Day Festive Balloons
    Bunny Day Glowy Garland
    Bunny Day Lamp
    Bunny Day Merry Balloons
    Bunny Day Stool
    Bunny Day Table
    Bunny Day Vanity
    Bunny Day Wall Clock
    Bunny Day Wardrobe
    Bunny Day Wreath
    Campfire

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • Options
    Ah crap guys

I have Vesta but I liked when she had a scarf that would change to whatever top she wore in New Leaf. Now she is wearing a halter top which is questionable

• Options
    SilverWind wrote: »
    T&D Week 3 collecting begins! Please take a look at your catalog and see if you have any of the following you can contribute:

Oh well look at that, I may have just the thing you need
    https://youtu.be/sW_E0vOUB-Y?t=1

• Options
    WeX Majors wrote: »

Oh well look at that, I may have just the thing you need
    https://youtu.be/sW_E0vOUB-Y?t=1

I was wondering what that reference was about! :lol: Thank you! Just seven items to catalog now

signature.png
  • Options

Things I still need to catalog (highest priority)
    The pirate ship bottle is particularly cute! :D

Things I need to order (lower priority, I'm ordering per day)

White broom & dustpan sent

• Options
    I’m finally caught up on fish. I burned through a bunch of bait and somehow caught a pop-eyed goldfish which has allegedly been available since day one.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    I've reopened for week 2 touchathon at KT7FS - going to turnip this in an hour or two but wanted to let everyone know first in case you missed the two earlier times this week. :D

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Thank god the train set is cheap, I would have been heartbroken if I couldn't afford it.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    @SilverWind - sent the blue bunk bed which looks to be the last item left on your wishlist!

• Options
    Janson wrote: »
    @SilverWind - sent the blue bunk bed which looks to be the last item left on your wishlist!

Whoohoo! Thank you. Now to just fill up my daily orders and coooast my way to next week :lol:

signature.png
  • Options
    I've had two snobby ducks on my island since nearly the very beginning.

One of them simply has to leave

omaz5935t6dn.png

Fortunately Gloria was so horrified showing up to the dance with the same outfit as Mallary, she's quitting Repose, forever

signature.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Important news: If you build 2 levels up as close as you can to the sea on your Island's little bit of land that goes right up to the water, and give youself space to run up, you can hold B and press A at the edge to leap into the water from up there.

I refuse to get in any other way.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    aw man spider crabs are march-april so I have to time travel for them if I want to fill my island with superior guards than the turtles

you mess with the crabbo, you get the stabbo

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    0rld20jgulyl.jpg
    AUGGGGGGGGGGGGH!! Oh god, what happened.....No I went back too far! I have to go forward!

WeX Majors on
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Something weird has happened. Remember how I time travelled like crazy to get art a while back? Well during that, I was still shaking trees to get money and my 2 items every day. After a while, the items started always coming from the same 2 trees. And since I stopped time travelling, every day, those 2 same trees have the items. I don't shake any other non-fruit trees at all now as I don't need the money. The 2 trees are right next to my house too, it's very handy.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    aw man spider crabs are march-april so I have to time travel for them if I want to fill my island with superior guards than the turtles

you mess with the crabbo, you get the stabbo

I just got a couple of Dungeness Crabs today, one for the museum and one to hang out with my Mitten Crab in the rec room. They're in a glass tank, but still cool.

• Options
    I think my island's villager theme will be getting nothing but wierdo characters. Like the super crazy designed one. Ones like Coco and Lucky and Ribbot.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Turnip spike between 220 and 660 tomorrow morning on @Ladybug2332 ’s island. I’ll have it open as early as possible and let y’all know the number, dodo code, etc. Nothing requires of course but she does appreciate tips. :)