[D&D-5E] Eberron: Shadows of the Last War

1192021222325»

Posts

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    "Thank you Agatha. It is most appreciated. Is there anything else we can do yo help you? Are you sure you aren't in need of any healing?"

  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Investigating the room, Pierce notices among the mess that a variety of sling stones are scattered across the floor.
    "Thank you Agatha. It is most appreciated. Is there anything else we can do yo help you? Are you sure you aren't in need of any healing?"

    Maneuvering over to the station's speaking stone, Agatha carefully examines it. "Oh, thank the Sovereign Host, it's unbroken." She opens the register while looking at Lew, "Oh, I'm fine. A long night's sleep should be all the healing I nee--" she then stops as she looks at the register.

    "How odd... It's all here. They didn't take any money..."

    She quickly recollects herself and then stares out towards the group, "Oh, I think we'll be fine here. Thank you!"

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Faber nods, it seems they've gotten what they're going to from the gnome.
    "Very good Agatha. If you'd like, we can alert the city watch to come by and take a statement from you. Maybe they can extend a patrol to watch your station in the future, not that I'd expect much from them.
    Since it seems likely we'll be visiting Lady d'Cannith, perhaps we can petition her for some extra security on your behalf. I do hate the thought of a valuable resource to our community such as communications being under threat."

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus What a wonderful harvest.Registered User regular
    "We better hurry" John says, frowning. "I got a bad feeling that someone intercepting our message means either the Lady's in trouble, or we are."

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Lew nods in agreement with John. "They were here only for the message, that doesn't bode well for the Lady. Let's hurry."

  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    Gator nodded, and stepped outside. The shifter checked for any signs of the kobold's passage, just in case.

    OOC:
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Survival

    Survival:
    1d20+5 21 [1d20=16]

  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    While Gator's skill at tracking was particularly good on this night, due to the nature of rain on the stone walkways, any Kobold trail had been washed & beaten away.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    The rain seems to slack off as you walk away from the message station. Around a tower bend, at least a dozen people mill about on a partially covered terrace. A gang of children splash in the puddles near the curving wall, laughing merrily. A merchant pushes an empty card, presumably returning from the market exchange. A guard of the Sharn Watch looks the crowd over from his place beneath a shop awning.

    A blur of feathers suddenly rockets towards you out of the cloud-filled sky. It’s a giant owl, and it circles once before tipping the satchel it carries in its talons to drop a scroll case at your feet.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    Gator tried to scoop up the case without drawing any attention to themselves, then checked it for any obvious signs of tampering or traps before examining the case's contents.

    OOC:
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Perception

    Perception:
    1d20+5 6 [1d20=1]

  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    It would appear to be a mundane, totally safe scroll case!

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    After briefly glancing around, Gator opens the case and examines the contents.

  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    “Adventures.

    The normal means of communication seems to have been compromised, so I have sent this special messenger to personally find you and deliver this letter.
    You served me once before, and now I need your help again. Time is short. I feel that our enemies have discovered me and are closing in.
    Meet me at the Broken Anvil tavern where we first discussed heirlooms and job opportunities. Act quickly, for I believe we are all in terrible danger.

    Your patron,
    Lady E”

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Pierce looks to the children - Pierce, after all, is very good with children! - and calls out "Hail, small adventurers! Have you seen any Kobolds about? They have participated in a crime, and we must make swift justice!"

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited October 14
    Cello wrote: »
    Pierce looks to the children - Pierce, after all, is very good with children! - and calls out "Hail, small adventurers! Have you seen any Kobolds about? They have participated in a crime, and we must make swift justice!"

    "We're no narc, you fancy rust bucket!" one of the children yells out.

    Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Cellojdarksun
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Faber calls out to the member of the watch and approaches him. "Excuse me, Watchman? Could I get a moment of your time?"
    Faber recounts Agatha's story about the attack on the message station, leaving out any specific details of the missing message or Agatha providing information.
    "I was wondering if you may have seen something, anything, seeing as how you are in the area."

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    "What's it say Gator?" Lew asks. "Something important or should we keep heading for the Lady's place?"

  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    "She's a step ahead of us, already knows. Wants to meet at the Broken Anvil." Gator stowed the message in their backpack. "We should hurry."

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Lew nods, and looks around for Faber and Pierce, motioning to grab their attention. He could just as easily drop into their heads directly, but he found that if people weren't in a situation where speaking to their mind was considered appropriate, they got offended fairly easily, so he tended to avoid it if he could.

    "Broken Anvil? Got it. Let's gather the others and go."

  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    The Broken Anvil is located in the Mason's Tower, carved into a bend in the tower wall. Inside, everbright lanterns at either end of the room provide flickering illumination. A round table is set to either side of the entrance, and three longer tables are scattered throughout the room.

    Today the Broken Anvil only has one customer, a woman in a worn brown cloak. She sits at a table at the far end of the room. As you enter, she raises her hand as if to cast a spell, then stops and pulls back her hood. Despite her disheveled hair and the dirt that covers her face, you recognize her. She is Elaydren d'Cannith, the woman who hired you to explore the depths of Sharn.

    Everyone make a Wisdom (Perception) check.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Lew glances around the room as they enter, noting that Lady d'Cannith sits alone, still worried about the message that was interrupted and who might have taken it having followed them here.

    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Perception

    Perception:
    1d20+3 10 [1d20=7]

  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Faber's perception

    Faber's perception:
    1d20+3 19 [1d20=16]

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    Gator's eyes flickered over the unusually empty tavern.

    OOC:
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Perception

    Perception:
    1d20+5 8 [1d20=3]

  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus What a wonderful harvest.Registered User regular
    edited October 15
    John's grip tightened on his quarterstaff as he scanned the tavern.

    OoC:

    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Perception

    Perception:
    1d20+2 3 [1d20=1]

    Centipede Damascus on
    see317
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited October 15
    (OOC: sorry for the delay in posting this week! Been overwhelmed with remote homework and remote work work, but I'm back in now!)

    Pierce, having brooded the entire walk to the tavern over the reticence of the children to respond to her questioning, snaps out of it as she realizes that her tactics were perfect - it was the children who were wrong.

    She mutters to Lew, "Ah, hmm, what were we doing here exactly?" as she glanced around the room.

    OOC:
    Geth, roll 1d20+1 for perception

    perception:
    1d20+1 10 [1d20=9]

    Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    Centipede Damascus
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited October 16
    It's only Faber that seems to notice that while Elaydren traditionally, as you know her, wears expensive jewelry and fine glamerweave clothing, today is different.

    Today she wears a mud-spattered traveler’s outfit, and keenly aware as you are, Faber observes that she isn’t wearing her House Cannith signet ring.

    Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    “Quickly, quickly!” Elaydren calls in a strained voice. “Thank Olladra that you’re here. There is no time to waste.”

    Elaydren lifts a leather backpack off the floor and places it on the table. The leather is worn, but its brass fittings are still bright. It appears light, almost empty.

    “There is no time to explain.” Elaydren says, her fear-filled eyes darting from you to the door and back again. “Instructions, gold, and supplies are in this pack. Take it and go. The letter in the left-hand pocket explains everything, but you must go now! Trust me. If you can accomplish this task, the reward will be vast. I wish I could accompany you or assist you more but somehow my cover in these matters was exposed and I have been burnt by my cousin.”

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    CelloAustinP0027
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Lew moves forward and puts his hand on the strap of the pack, grabbing it. "Lady Elaydren, is there anything we can do to assist you other than this? There must be something we can do to help right now?"

  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Faber lifts the bag from it's place on the table. Nods once to the Lady.
    "It's seems clear that you're not anxious to have a conversation, let alone answer questions here and now. I can only speak for myself when I promise to investigate your pack and proceed accordingly. I believe my companions will join me, but free will is an off balance cog, it doesn't always act as expected.
    For what little it's worth, I hope your fortunes take a turn for the better, but I think this may be of interest to you..."

    Faber digs into his pack and produces the reply to Owenn's message from so many months ago. No copy of Owenn's missive of course, but Faber does not to throw things away, particularly when they're left in his laboratory. There are notes written in Faber's precise hand on the other side of the parchment and in smaller letters around the original text wherever it would fit, but the original message is still legible.
    "Fine parchment can be expensive, it's hard to let it go to waste. You should know that Owenn is no longer with us. I'm not sure if this missive has anything to do with your misfortune, but I can't discount the likelihood given your family's actions. The detective agency mentioned is largely in Gator's capable hands, but we've had little enough work since the last time we spoke.
    I don't know if Owenn is still among the living to be honest. The Boromor don't take kindly to outsiders mismanaging their funds.

    Turning to his companions
    "Let's adjourn back to my apartment. It should be secure so we can read the Lady's message in relative peace. I think we remember from her last visit that the Lady Elaydren brings interesting times...

    Faber places one hand on the quarterstaff he's taken to walking with while not expecting adventure.
    A mechanical sigh as he rises to his feet.
    "I fear I'm going to regret leaving my shield at home before this night is over...

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    Gator glanced around the room, as if checking for assailants. "I mean, we can go if that's what you want. But why can't you come with us if things have gotten so bad?"

Sign In or Register to comment.