[D&D-5E] Eberron: Shadows of the Last War

145791025

Posts

  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    OOC: see317 Gator would like to Assist Faber on an INT/History check (give you Advantage on the roll).

    As he's drawing the copy of the map, Faber engages in a muted conversation with Gator regarding the history of the area, aligning them with Gator's own knowledge of the underground history and rumors, with a focus on the sewers of Dorasharn Tower.

    Through heir combined collaboration, Faber and Gator are able to pull together some information regarding this upcoming quest:

    -- Dorasharn Tower is one of the more ancient spires of the city.
    -- Its inhabited from its middle levels on up.
    -- A complex sewer system separates the inhabited levels from the lower levels that have been closed and sealed for more than a thousand years.
    -- These ancient tunnels and sewer systems have been known to be infested with vermin and insects.
    -- The best place to find assistance in finding the E-213 Valce Cluster is at the Rat’s Market. “Rat’s Market” is a colloquial term for a number of floating mercantile concerns that periodically spring up at various places in the lower levels of the city. Most of their merchandise consists of salvaged goods from the sewers and refuse heaps of lower Sharn, although stolen items sometimes wind up in the depths as well.
    -- Collective, professional wisdom from Sharn city-sewer employees is due to the nature of how these subterranean systems are designed, ample rope & climbing gear is necessitated.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    edited July 9
    Zed gestures to Gator and John "Right. You two can take front. Faber, Pierce, and Owenn, you three between Me and Merchant." It is quite clear that Zed is annoyed, though it's mostly at himself for feeling a need to speak up. He heads over to his closet to make sure all his gear is in order, grumbling to himself in Draconic.

    OoC: if anybody has use of it, I technically started with a set of Chainmail armor, otherwise I was gonna just say it's Studded Leather or something fancy sounding like "Scale Coat" or whatever, since my Dragon Hide feature is better anyway. Also I couldn't find stats for the Tratnyr/Wingspear so I'm mechanically saying it's basically a Trident

    Tox on
    BattleTech KS Thread! | Mech Trade List | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Faber passes the knowledge onto the rest of the party.
    "Make sure you bring rope and climbing gear. A lot of these sewers are vertical and won't be inhabited by anything willing to make our passing easier.
    We can expect a variety of vermin and insects, and I doubt these are going to be the easily crushed underfoot variety.
    Owenn, I know we've already imposed on your friendship with Aldritch, do we have any other contacts that might be able to point us towards the current location of the..." a brief pause of distaste "...Rat's Market?" If anyon is going to be able to point us towards the E-213 Cluster, we're most likely to find them there."

    OoC: Before we embark, Faber is going to hit the adventurer supply shop up for an oil lamp, 5 flasks of oil, 10 pitons and 100 additional feet of Hempen rope for a total cost of 3.5 Gold from his personal funds. Despite not needing to eat, he's still going to carry the rations that came with the default Kit, just in case someone is both starving and desperate.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited July 9
    OOC: sorry for not posting today guys, it was a blur of taking my dog to the vet for her yearly check-up, having no sleep from her not taking well to the anti-anxiety meds for that check-up, and French class. I'll be back in tomorrow!

    Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    edited July 9
    "One last thing, let's discuss the best way of dealing with the possible vermin and insects..." Gator continued to plan with Faber.

    OOC: @see317, can I assist you on a Nature check to see if we'll need any special equipment to deal with the vermin and insects? After that, Gator will buy a Climbing Kit (25gp), 300' of silk rope (60gp), and 18 rations (9gp) (94gp total).

    jdarksun on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited July 9
    jdarksun wrote: »
    OOC: see317, can I assist you on a Nature check to see if we'll need any special equipment to deal with the vermin and insects? After that, Gator will buy a Climbing Kit (25gp), 300' of silk rope (60gp), and 18 rations (9gp) (94gp total).
    OOC: So, did we get 100 gold total, or 100 gold each to gear up? I was under the impression it was 100 total, and we had spent half of that on a healing potion already. Don't get me wrong, I'd be thrilled to be mistaken on this count. Means I could buy a Climbing Kit instead of making do with a handful of pitons and rope. But, level 1 adventure and all that.

    Faber changes topics adroitly, almost mid sentence, from the history and lore of the deep sewers, to the local fauna and flora of the city and likely adaptations they may have made after spending countless generations in the depths.
    Gator joins in, recounting his own fighting experience and recounting wild rumors passed along from contacts, providing valuable insight that can't be gleaned from research in a dusty library.

    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Nature check
    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Nature check wtih advantage

    Edit: Sadly, Faber's area of research has never focused on the depths of the city, and his experience with vermin is strictly limited to a handful of lab rats. Gator's rumors are so clearly exaggerated that they'd be out of place in the wildest fiction of the copper dreadfuls. Shape shifting eldritch star spiders? Clowns that feed on fear? The "Ritual of Chüd"? Ha! It's a kingly tale, but not one that helps further planning.

    Nature check:
    1d20+3 4 [1d20=1]
    Nature check wtih advantage:
    1d20+3 5 [1d20=2]

    see317 on
    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    edited July 9
    Zonugal wrote: »
    You six have whatever equipment your class & background afforded you following character creation, and now a combined 100 gp from this meeting. Anything given a price in the Player's Handbook is readily accessible in Sharn (as its a metropolis)

    Tox on
    BattleTech KS Thread! | Mech Trade List | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    OOC: see317, can I assist you on a Nature check to see if we'll need any special equipment to deal with the vermin and insects? After that, Gator will buy a Climbing Kit (25gp), 300' of silk rope (60gp), and 18 rations (9gp) (94gp total).
    OOC: So, did we get 100 gold total, or 100 gold each to gear up? I was under the impression it was 100 total, and we had spent half of that on a healing potion already. Don't get me wrong, I'd be thrilled to be mistaken on this count. Means I could buy a Climbing Kit instead of making do with a handful of pitons and rope. But, level 1 adventure and all that.
    OOC: We can buy hempen rope instead of silk if somebody else is cool carrying it, which will knock the price down to 6gp. 25 + 6 + 9 = 40, which should fit into our remaining 50 gp budget. But Gator is also happy to chip in their 15gp personal stash to purchase equipment that could help save the lives of folk in the party. Grabbing a Climbing Kit for everyone in the party with a low Athletics check seems like a good idea. We can afford at least two.

  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Pierce snaps out of her extended daydream (as per usual, of enthralling a crowd with her tales of heroism and glory) to say, "Ah, behind you? Good sir Zed, you must know by now I prefer to hold the line! With my blade, my spells, and my keen perceptive instincts, I shall accompany you at the front!"

    OOC: Pierce is a duelist with a combination of buffs and offensive spells, and high dexterity. Wouldn't exactly recommend her for any intelligence or wisdom based rolls, but she should be capable to help Zed hold the front.

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited July 9
    see317 wrote: »
    “Owenn, I know we’ve already imposed on your friendship with Aldritch, do we have any other contacts that might be able to point us towards the current location of the...” a brief pause of distaste “...Rat's Market?” If anyone is going to be able to point us towards the E-213 Cluster, we’re most likely to find them there.”
    Owenn examined his work with a grimace. ‘Not exactly a “hero” prop, is it? Damn. Well, better to have it and not need it.’ He stowed the decoy journal before turning his attention to Faber.

    “Well, it is a Market: Aldrich might know a cutpurse or two who knows it well enough to serve as guide. Best not to even mention the Cluster until we’re at the Market, though, so there’s some margin for error. Probably need to grease a palm or two.” He got up and stretched, ready to shift gears from stationary work to leg work. “If one of you’s getting the climbing gear, I could use a basic kit. Spelunking isn’t exactly my wheelhouse.”

    OOC: I’m assuming a 10 gp expenditure from Owenn’s own funds to House Sivis. Given 5 gp from our down payment for the leather working tools, and that Owenn—whose dump stat is Strength—will need use of a 25 gp Climber’s Kit, that would account for 30 gp out of the 100. If payment to whomever Aldrich connects us with in the Rat’s Market is necessary, Owenn would pay him out of his own funds (assuming it’s not more than a few silver).

    Sneaks on
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    OoC: sorry, I meant to say I would bring up the rear, since Gator and John Merchant both mentioned being up front

    BattleTech KS Thread! | Mech Trade List | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Cello
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    OoC: sorry, I meant to say I would bring up the rear, since Gator and John Merchant both mentioned being up front

    OOC: hahaha, don't worry. The best part about playing as a buffoon is that we can pretend Pierce was extremely not paying attention!

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    "Look, I'm going to be blunt here: if you're not confident in your climbing skills, we need to pick up Climber's Kits for you. They're expensive, but some up front cost is better than falling to your death. We'd need to pool our resources if we need more than one or two kits. What say you?"

    OOC: Is everybody willing to pitch in a little for a Climbing Kit? Makes it so if you can only fall, like, 25 feet instead of ... well, you know, all the way down. It means a max of 2d6 (1d6 per 10 feet) instead of a max of 20d6. I think it's worth it for everyone, but that'd be 150 gp for *just* the kits. We can cover it and the other gear if we all pool our resources. If you don't a Climber's Kit, that's fine, no worries. I think this is the last thing we need to resolve before we depart.

  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    edited July 10
    OoC: how do we cover 150gp with the 100gp we were given?

    Tox on
    BattleTech KS Thread! | Mech Trade List | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    OoC: how do we cover 150gp with the 100gp we were given?

    OoC: Pretty sure the idea is we all toss in GP from our starting cash stash. After Faber purchases his makeshift climbing kit as mentioned earlier he'll have 7.5 GP left. He'd be willing to donate some to the cause. But that's going to be pretty much everything we've got.
    Some alternatives:
    Maybe we mug a couple people in the city for spare change? Faber saw a bounty hunter outside, he'd probably have some money on him if he's still around. Maybe not the most lawful good of plans, but if we mug bad people...?
    Take a loan out from the bar? Were regulars, and I'm sure our Bard brings in some business with tales of daring do whenever we come into drink. Maybe we can convince them to think of it as an investment in further tales?
    We get one climbing kit and take turns using it to go down one at a time. More time consuming, and dangerous as we'll be splitting the party in a dungeon, but probably the best balance between cost effective and safety.

    Personally, I'd recommend we get one climbing kit, and invest in pitons and extra rope. The climbing kit goes to whoever the best climber is (highest strength for Athletics checks). They go first with the pitons from the kit and extra pitons to set handholds and tie the ropes off to the pitons so the physically weaker characters have an easier path down. Maybe we can make a check to improvise rope climbing harnesses for increased safety.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    He had 6.5Gp, times 6 is 39, plus 100 is only 139

    I'm very confused.

    BattleTech KS Thread! | Mech Trade List | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Some alternatives:
    Maybe we mug a couple people in the city for spare change? Faber saw a bounty hunter outside, he'd probably have some money on him if he's still around. Maybe not the most lawful good of plans, but if we mug bad people...?

    chidi-anagonye-the-good-place.gif

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    ToxCentipede DamascusSneaksjdarksunJPants
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    - = OoC = -
    Regarding marching orders, it makes sense to have a "forward scout" and a "rear guard" but besides that, I don't think we necessarily need anybody in a specific position. We've got a lot of melee, and nobody is pure range (though it seems like Owenn prefers it).

    Going by "high AC = tank" we'd probably want Faber and/or Pierce to be the "front line" with Gator and Owenn behind them. John Merchant and Zed (again, going by AC) should be the forward scout and rear guard.

    That said! AC isn't everything, and I think it makes sense for the ranger to be the scout. Additionally, I think it makes sense to keep squishiest folks between the tankiest folks. Factoring in how far everyone leans between melee and ranged, I think this makes the most sense:

    Gator


    Pierce
    Owenn / Merchant
    Faber

    Zed

    All that said, I'm not trying to argue or belabor the point, and ultimately marching orders only matter in a few specific instances (and I'm sure our fair DM is oh so unlikely to put is in any of those situations anyway). But ultimately I'd like Zed to bring up the rear, and I think it makes sense to have Gator scouting ahead.

    As an aside, @jdarksun I gotta ask. ...Gator? I was under the impression that Shifters were mammalian, so the name is throwing me. Is Gator a reptilian Shifter? Or did you just like the name? :P

    BattleTech KS Thread! | Mech Trade List | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    edited July 10
    -=OOC=-
    Tox wrote: »
    He had 6.5Gp, times 6 is 39, plus 100 is only 139

    I'm very confused.
    I started with 15, I assumed everyone did as well. 15 * 6 = 90, 190gp which means we wouldn't be able to cover kits + potions. So that's not going to work. And it won't work if we don't all start with 15gp :lol: I don't know if Zed is more or less likely to fall to their death, but my best guess is Owenn > Faber, Gator > John, Pierce > Zed. We can probably get away with just one Climber's Kit for Owenn, Gator just ... prefers to be overprepared.
    see317 wrote: »
    Personally, I'd recommend we get one climbing kit, and invest in pitons and extra rope. The climbing kit goes to whoever the best climber is (highest strength for Athletics checks). They go first with the pitons from the kit and extra pitons to set handholds and tie the ropes off to the pitons so the physically weaker characters have an easier path down. Maybe we can make a check to improvise rope climbing harnesses for increased safety.
    This very reasonable reasonable.

    Re: marching order... yeah, I agree, it's not super critical. Gator and Owenn would make good forward scouts to pick out traps / spot enemies, then fall back to compliment front line combatants.
    Tox wrote: »
    As an aside, jdarksun I gotta ask. ...Gator? I was under the impression that Shifters were mammalian, so the name is throwing me. Is Gator a reptilian Shifter? Or did you just like the name? :P
    I read somewhere that "Wildhunt shifters are born from any creature that tracks its prey"... tracks their prey, bonus to Wisdom, and I found a bunch of pictures of Shifters with feather decorations... reminds me of owls and stuff. But there's also dinosaur type creatures in Eberron, and we think dinosaurs now might have had feathers and stuff. Well, clawfoots fit all those descriptions yeah? Plus "They track using scent, and they possess low-light vision." Shit, that sounds like my character yeah? Plus both alligators and birds are both part of the archosaurs clade. "Gator" sounds rustic and sort of off-putting to city folk. Let's say our group is a good sample of what city folk are like. Most folk have names like Owenn, John, Pierce, Faber, Zed, Aldrich, etc, ... then you have "Gator," which distinctly does not fit in, like Shifters themselves: an outsider name for an outsider people. So... "is Gator reptilian?"... probably more avian / dinosaurian.

    Also I had a kobold ranger I named Gator, and I wish I had gotten to play them more.

    jdarksun on
    ToxSneaks
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    Some alternatives:
    Maybe we mug a couple people in the city for spare change? Faber saw a bounty hunter outside, he'd probably have some money on him if he's still around. Maybe not the most lawful good of plans, but if we mug bad people...?

    chidi-anagonye-the-good-place.gif

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    Zonugal
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    edited July 10
    OoC: I only got 10gp. I think Faber as well

    e: I did get to start with 100ft of rope, though

    Tox on
    BattleTech KS Thread! | Mech Trade List | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    see317
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    OOC: Let's go with see317's plan then. One Climber's Kit, lots of pitons and extra rope.

  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    OOC: Let's go with see317's plan then. One Climber's Kit, lots of pitons and extra rope.

    OOC:Readies mace and inflict wounds spell... Oh, you meant the other plan.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    jdarksun
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    OoC: as for gear, I vote we grab a heal pot, and pool a little over 4g each and grab 3 climber's kits. That way we can half and half, and both sides should be relatively able to cover themselves.

    BattleTech KS Thread! | Mech Trade List | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    When you folks feel you have resolved your procurement of gear, we can transition to your next chosen task.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Cellosee317
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Ho! Ho! Ho! Drink Coke!Registered User regular
    "I don't really have any extra coin on hand, but I've got just about all I need." John says, "I know I've got about fifty feet of rope lying around, plus a handful of pitons. Also a crowbar."

  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Alright, I'm forcing you folks to move ahead.

    By 9 a.m. tomorrow you'll be heading to the Rat’s Market.

    Until that time you can finalize your procurement plans, but we got to keep moving forward.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Cellosee317
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Faber: "Buying three climbing kits seems an unnecessary expenditure at this point. My vote goes to purchasing one and allowing the strongest climber to use it to pick out the safest path, affix pitons as handholds, and string a safety rope through them, and the rest follow this path. I'm guessing that we've all invested in rope at some point, it seems to be on every adventurer bulletin board: 'Got Rope?' and it seems that 50 feet of the stuff get stuffed in every backpack sold in this town, just in case. We might as well get use out what we've already purchased."

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Faber: "Buying three climbing kits seems an unnecessary expenditure at this point. My vote goes to purchasing one and allowing the strongest climber to use it to pick out the safest path, affix pitons as handholds, and string a safety rope through them, and the rest follow this path. I'm guessing that we've all invested in rope at some point, it seems to be on every adventurer bulletin board: 'Got Rope?' and it seems that 50 feet of the stuff get stuffed in every backpack sold in this town, just in case. We might as well get use out what we've already purchased."

    OoC: Sorry! I meant to tag that post as an OoC post. Zed didn't actually say any of that out loud. I figured it made more sense for us to work out what the conclusion of the conversation was going to be ahead of time, and just RP how we got to said conclusion.

    BattleTech KS Thread! | Mech Trade List | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So while the majority of you go shopping (and purchase one climbing kit (25 gp; 12 lb.), 40 pitons (2 gp; 10 lb.), 300 feet of hempen rope (6 gp; 60 lb.), 1 oil lamp (6 sp; 6 lb.) & 18 rations (9 gp; 36 lb.)), Owenn hits up Aldrich for any information on locating the E-213 Valce Cluster within the Rat's Market. Aldrich doesn't know anything too useful, excet that there's a Goblin street merchant who might be able to assist you if you make it worth his time.

    All of that having taken about an estimated two hours, you meet at the entrance to Dorasharn Tower at around 2:30 p.m.. By this time Pierce has sobered up and you've all managed to fill your stomach's with a hearty meal before you journey forward. The tunnels and corridors at this level of the tower are narrow and dark. An occasional window slit looks out upon the crowded walls and foundations of other towers, and infrequently placed torches sputter here and there, giving off pallid pools of light and clouds of smoke. Even so, rough and dirty people crowd the narrow corridors, and the smell of sweat and sewage permeates the stale air.

    One tunnel opens onto a large chamber, where a mix of Goblins, Humans, and Shifters gather around a small pile of garbage spread across three rotting blankets. One of the Goblins shouts, “No pushing! No pushing! There’s always enough for everyone at the Rat’s Market!”

    *“Rat’s Market” is a colloquial term for a number of floating mercantile concerns that periodically spring up at various places in the lower levels of the city. Most of their merchandise consists of salvaged goods from the sewers and refuse heaps of lower Sharn, although stolen items sometimes wind up in the depths as well.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Faber: whispers to his party members "For a place calling itself the Rat's Market and purporting to deal largely in "salvaged" goods, this was remarkably easy to locate. If we want to find the information we seek, we'd best get started. That one seems to be the somewhat nominal leader, judging by the way they're shouting, I'd suggest that's as logical a place to start as any.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited July 13
    see317 wrote: »
    “For a place calling itself the Rat’s Market and purporting to deal largely in ‘salvaged’ goods, this was remarkably easy to locate. If we want to find the information we seek, we’d best get started. That one seems to be the somewhat nominal leader, judging by the way they’re shouting, I’d suggest that’s as logical a place to start as any.

    Owenn nodded in agreement, then moved toward the goblin’s… shop, such as it was. Rather than force his way into the crowd, Owenn slid in at the outside edge of the goblin’s wares. He knelt, fingering the edge of the ratty blanket, forcing his nostrils not to flare at the smell as he surveyed the trash. His other hand remained in his front pocket… creating enough a bulge at his hip to clearly indicate that it held a coin purse.

    ‘This should cut through the noise and get his attention.’

    Sneaks on
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    edited July 13
    Gator attempted to blend in with the crowds, picking at various wares but keeping close enough to Owenn that they could help out as needed.

    jdarksun on
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited July 13
    The Goblin merchant spots Owenn and idles up next to him.

    F67l7YM.png?1

    "Ah, you look like a man who knows what he wants? So, tell me, what does the quaint capitalist desire???"

    Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited July 13
    OOC: Owenn surveys the piles looking for anything that might actually be of value.

    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Perception


    “Quite a selection you’ve accumulated, here. You must’ve delved pretty deeply into the old tunnels to get some of this stuff...”

    Perception:
    1d20+4 14 [1d20=10]

    Sneaks on
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Sneaks wrote: »
    OOC: Owenn surveys the piles looking for anything that might actually be of value.

    “Quite a selection you’ve accumulated, here. You must’ve delved pretty deeply into the old tunnels to get some of this stuff...”

    "Oh, I have my tricks."

    Owenn notices an unused sunrod, a bell, a scratched steel mirror, and 50 feet of rope.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited July 13
    Zonugal wrote: »
    “Oh, I have my tricks.”

    The halfling reached across the fetid piles for the sunrod, scooped it up, hefted it. “I believe you. In fact, I’d bet you know the lower levels better than anybody else here…” He looked up from the rod then, meeting Shakan’s eager gaze. “I’d be interested this… if it came with information about a particular valve cluster down below. How much?”

    OOC: Owenn’s pretty decent Persuasion is enhanced even further when engaged in business dealings.

    Geth roll 1d20+7 for Persuasion

    Persuasion:
    1d20+7 22 [1d20=15]

    Sneaks on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited July 13
    Faber leans over Owenn and Shakan and peers at the variety of items on display. He's not expecting to find much of value here, but it seems he's got time for some window shopping while Owenn is working his magic.

    OoC: Just wanted to take a second look at the inventory to see if anything in particular seems out of place among the assorted detritus.
    Geth roll 1d20+3 for perception

    Edit: Faber is too far out of his element in the disorganized chaos of the Rat's Market, and too busy quietly fantasizing about the clean and quiet organization of libraries of The Forge, or the pounding rhythmic order of an actual forge at work to give the tableau before him more than a cursory glance.

    perception:
    1d20+3 5 [1d20=2]

    see317 on
    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Zed isn't much of a talker at the best of times. And these sort of ... dealings are far from anything resembling a strong suit of his. He decides to just kick back and let the talker talk.

    Once we enter the chamber, Zed spreads toward the left and finds a nice sturdy support beam or other pillar-type of structure, content to just lean back and watch, for now.

    BattleTech KS Thread! | Mech Trade List | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Faber leans over Owenn and Shakan and peers at the variety of items on display. He's not expecting to find much of value here, but it seems he's got time for some window shopping while Owenn is working his magic.

    OoC: Just wanted to take a second look at the inventory to see if anything in particular seems out of place among the assorted detritus.

    Edit: Faber is too far out of his element in the disorganized chaos of the Rat's Market, and too busy quietly fantasizing about the clean and quiet organization of libraries of The Forge, or the pounding rhythmic order of an actual forge at work to give the tableau before him more than a cursory glance.

    Faber sees the same items as Owenn was shown on the table.
    Sneaks wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    “Oh, I have my tricks.”

    The halfling reached across the fetid piles for the sunrod, scooped it up, hefted it. “I believe you. In fact, I’d bet you know the lower levels better than anybody else here…” He looked up from the rod then, meeting Shakan’s eager gaze. “I’d be interested this… if it came with information about a particular valve cluster down below. How much?”

    OOC: Owenn’s pretty decent Persuasion is enhanced even further when engaged in business dealings.

    Shakan roars a large laugh while rubbing his diminutive stomach.

    “That would be a fine item to add to your collection today. But why stop there! I’ve got a rare stick of sealing wax, only partially used, for a mere sixty coppers,” the Goblin merchant says. “Or maybe you could use this fine woolen blanket with just a hint of mildew? Only thirty-nine coppers. How about a skewer of boiled rat meat? For you, just five silver. But, perhaps, if I could help in pointing out the way to a certain valve cluster, what would it be worth to fine explorers such as yourselves? One hundred silver?”

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.