[D&D-5E] Eberron: The Forgotten Forge

1910111315

Posts

  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Two Combat Things

    #1. For battles featuring larger maps (like above), if you are wanting your character to move to a particular square, just tell me like, "Zed moves four squares north, two west."

    #2. Just a reminder, if you are intending to attack during combat, please put your modifiers & dice in your battle commands so that I don't have to go hunting for your character sheet. "1d20+4 to attack, 1d6+2 piercing damage" saves me time in getting these typed out.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Battle Command
    Initiative at +0
    Attack the swarm with my mace (+4 to hit, 1d6+2 damage)

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Battle-Command: John will move four squares up and one square to the left, placing himself behind the scarabs. He will target them with his quarterstaff (+5 to hit, 1d6+3 bludgeoning damage), plus an unarmed strike (+5 to hit, 1d4+3 bludgeoning damage)

  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Pierce smirks slightly and prepares herself to spin again - if it worked the first time, why not the second?

    Battle Command: Pierce attacks with her rapier again (1d20+5 to hit, 1d8 +3 piercing damage)

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    Gator shouted encouragement over the fray. "Keep an eye on each other, don't let anybody get surrounded!"

    Battle Command: Try to stay behind a tank, firing arrows (1d20+5, 1d8+3). If I can't draw shorts word and attack (1d20+5, 1d6+3).

  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Zed looks down at his axe, shrugs, and aims for the swarm

    Battle Command: Zed will throw his axe, unless he's in melee, then he'll simply swing for the swarm (+5 vs AC; 1d6+3 slash dmg)

    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited July 30
    The Ruins of Dorasharn Tower Combat Round #2

    Initiative Order
    #1. -- Scarabs (+1) [18]
    #2. -- Zed (+2) [12]
    #3. -- Pierce (+3) [7]
    #4. -- Gator (+3) [7]
    #5. -- Owenn (+3) [10]
    #6. -- John (+3) [10]
    #7. -- Faber (+0) [9]

    "THESE THINGS MAKE MY SKIN CRAWL"

    With a burst of speed, their hive mind instructs the swarm of black scarab beetles to engulf Gator. Dripping of blood from their previous encounter with the Shifters, Gator has sadly positioned themselves as the "weakest" target to the ravenous mass of insects. Entering their space, they begin to tear at Gator's muscles and skin (5 dmg).

    Zed swings his throwing axe at the bugs, managing to knock a few off of Gator before they can reach their eyes (3 dmg).

    Tempting fate again, Pierce spins her rapier once more but only manages to strike the dirt & gravel between the scarabs.

    Dropping their longbow to the ground, Gator draws a short-sword and begins slashing at the swarm as they engulf them. They manage to knock a few off of them, but they aren't lethal strikes. The bugs hit the floor only to make their way back to the Shifter's feet.

    Paralyzed by fear at the sight of the bugs chewing at Gator, Owenn can only watch. Would the Halfling share the same fate? Was this mission worth it? Would these ruins be his tomb???

    Pushing past his comrades, John uses his quarterstaff to pole vault over Gator & the scarab swarm. Landing on the other side of them, he swings his staff down defiantly down against the vermin (5 dmg) before stomping on a few more beetles (2 dmg).

    The few remaining scarabs collectively hiss before digging into the ground, leaving the battle all together.

    For good measure, Faber strikes the freshly dug soil with his mace. His artificial eyes confirm it, no more bugs.

    FINAL ROUND PLACEMENT

    ijHGUlR.png

    Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    edited July 30
    e: nvm forgot rangers get as many hp as fighters.

    Tox on
    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    After making sure all the bugs were good and dead, Gator sat down against a wall to examine their injuries. One of the handaxes from earlier had made it through Gator's leather armor, leaving a good-sized gash. The individual insect bites were smaller, but they numbered in the dozens - each oozing blood, and none of the wounds were what Gator would consider particularly clean.

    "OK, I need a break, a needle, some catgut, and preferably some booze with a painfully high alcohol content."

    OOC: Pretty sure that brings Gator to 1 hp. Probably should take a rest or soak a healing spell. How's everyone else doing?

  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited July 30
    Faber will approach Gator and cast Cure Wounds.
    "It's not home brew stitches and drunkenness, but hopefully you'll agree it's a close second. This doesn't seem the time or place to have your wits softened by drink."
    The crimson light of a well stoked forge flares around Faber's hands and the flesh around Gator's wounds closes leaving the faint smell of burnt flesh and forged steel in the air.

    Geth roll 1d8+3 for healing

    Then Faber casts Mending to repair the torn armor.
    "How are the rest of you holding up? Damaged armor, weapons, gear? I'm not sure if this is a wise place to stop for a breather, but considering how quickly we met resistance here already, I'd recommend against it until we can further explore this chamber."

    healing:
    1d8+3 7 [1d8=4]

    see317 on
    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited July 30
    Pierce sheathes her rapier with so practiced a flourish that observers potentially might have missed that she hit absolutely nothing on her second attempt (which, of course, she has forgotten about already).

    She pops out the small keyboard from within her forearm, and plays a short, quiet victory jingle.

    OOC: Pierce is not only fine, she is extremely fine, and could potentially keep going or rest depending on the party's needs.

    Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    (OOC) Yeah I was thinking we probably need a short rest at least. (/OOC)

    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    OOC: I could definitely do with a short rest.

  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    OOC: Since it seems like we're leaning towards taking a rest, can I retract my earlier healing of Gator?
    Extremely limited spell slots at level 1 and all.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    Gator stretched the new skin slowly, making sure the newly-healed wounds wouldn't just tear back open. "That's good work Faber, thank you. But, uh." Gator scratched the back of their head. "The booze was to clean out the wound. I tend not to drink anymore." The shifter got back to their feet. "Ready to move on when you are."

    OOC: Happy to take a short rest or move on, up to y'all.

  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    John scanned the room. "It's only going to get tougher from here. No shame in taking our time."

    OoC: I don't need a rest, but I'm fine if anyone does.

  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    OOC: Since it seems like we're leaning towards taking a rest, can I retract my earlier healing of Gator?
    Extremely limited spell slots at level 1 and all.

    If @jdarksun if fine with Gator being punted back down to 1 hit-point, I'm fine with reversing the decision.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Also, folks, give me a Wisdom (Perception) or Wisdom (Survival) check [your choice].

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Wisdom (Survival)

    Wisdom (Survival):
    1d20+2 16 [1d20=14]

    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Perception

    Perception:
    1d20+4 9 [1d20=5]

  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    OOC:
    Zonugal wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    OOC: Since it seems like we're leaning towards taking a rest, can I retract my earlier healing of Gator?
    Extremely limited spell slots at level 1 and all.
    If jdarksun if fine with Gator being punted back down to 1 hit-point, I'm fine with reversing the decision.
    I'm fine if that's what see317 wants, though I might need healing anyway if I flub my hit die roll.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Survival

    Survival:
    1d20+5 12 [1d20=7]

  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Ooc:

    Geth, roll 1d20+1 for Perception

    Perception:
    1d20+1 3 [1d20=2]

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+3 for perception.

    OoC: Jdarksun, yeah, let's undo the healing until post rest and see if it's still needed there. Ugh, I am not used to playing as lvl 1 characters.
    If our rest in interrupted, cure wounds only takes an action to cast. But surely our kind and benevolent and generous GM wouldn't be so cruel as to kill one of our characters so early in the game...

    perception:
    1d20+3 16 [1d20=13]

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    But surely our kind and benevolent and generous GM wouldn't be so cruel as to kill one of our characters so early in the game...

    ill_kill_you_office.gif

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Centipede DamascusJPantsjdarksunCello
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited July 30
    Taking a look around their environment, both Gator & Zed recall an elementary rule of resting in dangerous, unverified places: avoid the open.

    Meanwhile Owenn tries peering out beyond the dim light provided by his torch. But his small eyes spot no threat (for now).

    Pierce isn't even preoccupied with scouting the darkness for possible threats. Her entire focus is devoted to cleaning bug guts off of her rapier.

    Its only Faber who manages to pick up on the incredibly subtle sounds beyond them, nestled in the darkness. More claws, more teeth, more critters. All of them hungry.

    Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited July 31
    Faber peers into the darkness.
    "This doesn't sound like a good place to rest. Listen, I can hear more ...things out there.

    Faber looks around at the pile of dead scarabs, looking for the largest and most intact specimen (and presumably heaviest), picking it up he casts the light cantrip on it, and throws it north north-east as far as he can (up 2, left right 1)

    OoCNot sure how you want to calculate distance for throwing scarab bodies, for most improvised weapons range is 20 feet, or 60 feet with disadvantage. Since I'm just chucking it as hard as possible into the darkness, let me know if you want an attack roll.
    You touch one object that is no larger than 10 feet in any dimension. Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. The light can be colored as you like. Completely covering the object with something opaque blocks the light. The spell ends if you cast it again or dismiss it as an action.

    see317 on
    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    Cello
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    OoCNot sure how you want to calculate distance for throwing scarab bodies, for most improvised weapons range is 20 feet, or 60 feet with disadvantage. Since I'm just chucking it as hard as possible into the darkness, let me know if you want an attack roll.

    You don't need an attack roll and disadvantage isn't really applicable here, cause you are hurling it without any focused aim.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Faber hurls the glittering scarab carcass to the north-east. Eighteen feet away it strikes a wall and falls to the floor.

    You all easily hear the sound of creatures scattering.

    Rqk05Uw.png

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Faber looks at his comrades and speaks in a low voice.
    "You sure you want to take a break in here?"

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    "...yeah, we should move on until we find a safer spot." Gator did a quick inventory check, then nocked arrow to bowstring - ready to head out.

    OOC: Want to re-do that healing, lol?

    ToxSneaks
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    "OOC: Want to re-do that healing, lol?

    OoC: Yeah, let's just use the 7 from earlier. I'll check that off on my sheet.
    Zonugal, what is the thing to our east inside of the room? Can we see it clearly enough to get an idea of what it is/was?

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited July 31
    Pierce looks up, pausing in her attempt to clean her rapier by sliding the guttiest part against the inside edge of her boot, and says, "Hmmm, what? Unsafe? We just took care of those menacing insects! Though I am good to press on, of course, should you decide you'd rather move forward."

    Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Zonugal, what is the thing to our east inside of the room? Can we see it clearly enough to get an idea of what it is/was?

    Do you mean the little yellow dot? That's the dead scarab with Light cast on it.

    Anything else you want to know about the room, you'll have to go investigate. None of you can see anything within it (or it) at all, from your current vantage point.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Zed retrieves his torch and repositions it to shed a bit more light into the room itself

    (OOC) I wanna move that torch to the northwest corner the entryway, southwest corner of the square Faber is marked in on the map, and Zed will settle in the square just west of where Faber is marked. (/OOC)

    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Faber moves to the east to take a closer look at the crumbling walls that occupy what is apparently the south east corner of the room.
    Carefully inspecting them to see if they may provide a defensible enough shelter for the party to take a breather so long as somebody keeps a vigilant watch.
    While inspecting the ruins, Faber is also going to look over his hand copied map to see if it can provide any further details about the room the party finds themselves in.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    "Same plan as before," Gator replied as they loped off into the darkness. "I'll be right back."

    OOC: Gator will attempt to stealthily exploring the area in concentric rings, so I think I'll bump into "4" next?

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Stealth
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Perception

    Stealth:
    1d20+5 20 [1d20=15]
    Perception:
    1d20+5 11 [1d20=6]

  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Faber moves to the east, inspecting the crumbling walls and ruins of their new environment. Faber doesn't spot any particular identifies within these ruins. They used to be some-kind of building but the ravages of time have devastated it. From a tactical position, they'd offer a serviceable area for defense against any foe who exclusively moved on the ground. Any creatures that can climb would easily navigate over the walls though. Looking over his hand copied map, the only keen note that jumps out is scratchings that indicate there should be other buildings within the tower.

    Meanwhile Gator slowly scouts ahead. Moving the north east, they come upon a pathway between two sections of devastated ruins. Right in front of them, the dim light of any available light from their allies stops. With soft steps, Gator can count their blessings. The Shifter couldn't be in a luckier spot.

    Right ahead of Gator, ten feet, hidden in the shadows that the Shifter's darkvision easily pierce...
    are two Horrid Rats!!!

    Dire_Rat.jpg

    They haven't identified Gator yet, but only time will tell.

    grMlLwo.png

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    edited July 31
    Gator carefully crept back to the rest of the team to explain their exciting new find.

    OOC: Gonna roll Stealth again in case I need to. If I don't feel free to ignore, just want to keep things moving along.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Stealth

    Stealth:
    1d20+5 22 [1d20=17]

    jdarksun on
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    (OOC)
    Assuming Gator fills the rest of us in, would John be able to take the Help action with his Darkvision to give Owenn the ability to attack the rats without Disadvantage? I'm thinking/hoping maybe we can snipe at the rats to at least bruise them up in a surprise round, rather then just lighting them up and drawing their attention.
    Anybody else have any ideas? @Centipede Damascus ? @Sneaks ?
    (/OOC)

    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    (OOC)
    Assuming Gator fills the rest of us in, would John be able to take the Help action with his Darkvision to give Owenn the ability to attack the rats without Disadvantage? I'm thinking/hoping maybe we can snipe at the rats to at least bruise them up in a surprise round, rather then just lighting them up and drawing their attention.
    Anybody else have any ideas? @Centipede Damascus ? @Sneaks ?
    (/OOC)
    OOC: I don’t have a better idea, but I like the sounds of yours.

Sign In or Register to comment.