[D&D-5E] Eberron: The Forgotten Forge

1910111214

Posts

  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    (OOC) Assuming Gator fills the rest of us in, would John be able to take the Help action with his Darkvision to give Owenn the ability to attack the rats without Disadvantage?

    I'm okay with this, but he'd only be able to fire within standard range (long range will revert to having disadvantage).

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Tox
  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited August 2
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    (OOC) Assuming Gator fills the rest of us in, would John be able to take the Help action with his Darkvision to give Owenn the ability to attack the rats without Disadvantage?

    I'm okay with this, but he'd only be able to fire within standard range (long range will revert to having disadvantage).
    OOC: Standard range is 80 feet (16 squares), so John and I would only really need to move at all for the purposes of line of sight, presumably northwest. You good with that, @Centipede Damascus?

    Sneaks on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    OoC: Yeah, I'm good with that

  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    edited August 2
    (OOC)
    Line up just east of "1" with the melee in front of them? Something like:
    PJF
    GO_Z
    ? That way we can pivot and turn as we need. Pretty sure there's gonna be something else NW of us to deal with at some point as well
    (/OOC)

    Tox on
    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    OOC: Okay, let’s get started.

    Owenn grimaced as he drew back on the bow. As rules regarding weapons went, “don’t fire blind” was a pretty basic one, and yet here he was, with John kneeling next to him, quietly delivering adjustments. A little up. A little left.

    Now.

    Geth roll 1d20+5 for Shortbow Surprise
    Geth roll 1d6+3 for Piercing Damage

    Shortbow Surprise:
    1d20+5 20 [1d20=15]
    Piercing Damage:
    1d6+3 8 [1d6=5]

  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    (OOC)
    @cello @see317 if y'all wanna switch spots with each other or with Zed just say so, before we're officially in rounds
    (/OOC)

    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited August 2
    In the eerie near silence of the room, Faber attention is drawn to the creaking of a short bow and the whispered instructions.
    Realizing that his observation about the potential danger of the chamber hadn't been needless paranoia (well, not just paranoia), Faber moves towards the pair as they draw on a target somewhere in the darkness,
    He'll wait immediately to the east of the pair until they launch their attack, then position himself two squares in front of them to draw attention from any counter attack.

    see317 on
    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Through John's assistance, Owenn aims more through intuition and guidance. Adjusting his shortbow an inch here, and inch there, he finally lets loose his arrow.

    Suddenly, farther into the darkness that only John & Gator can pierce, a horrid rat cries out in pain before slumping over, dead.

    The other horrid rat looks at its sibling, then the sky, before letting out a guttural scream.

    Its a sound that will haunt you to the end of your days.

    COMBAT OFFICIALLY BEGINS!

    FHXVzYA.png

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    edited August 3
    "Great shot, Owenn!" Gator cried. "Watch out for the next one, here it comes."

    Battle Command: Try to stay behind a tank, firing arrows (1d20+5, 1d8+3). If I can't draw, short swords and attack (1d20+5, 1d6+3).

    jdarksun on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    OoC: I'm afraid I'm a little unclear on the exact location of the rat here. I've got darkvision, could I see where exactly they are?

  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    edited August 3
    OoC: I'm afraid I'm a little unclear on the exact location of the rat here. I've got darkvision, could I see where exactly they are?

    (OOC)
    Somewhere roughly 4-7 squares east and 5-8 squares north of Faber's current position, I don't think he said specifically, but safe to assume somewhere both Gator and Owenn had LOS. Figured we'd all stand back and wait for ...whatever... to come to us.
    (/OOC)

    Battle Command: Zed draws his twin hand-axes, readying an action to attack the first target that comes into his range (+5vs AC, Range 20; 1d6+3 slash dmg, 1d6 slash dmg)

    Tox on
    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    OoC: I'm afraid I'm a little unclear on the exact location of the rat here. I've got darkvision, could I see where exactly they are?

    For those with darkvision:
    LJkub4C.png

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Faber is going to brace for the oncoming attack, and prepare to swing his mace at whatever the danger in the darkness turns out to be when it gets close enough to strike.
    Battle Command
    Initiative at +0
    Ready Action: Attack the thing from the dark with my mace when it comes into range (+4 to hit, 1d6+2 damage)
    Alternative Command should it not come into range: approach the target and attack as above.


    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited August 3
    Pierce sees her compatriots readying themselves for....something?? And raises her rapier, prepared to battle something hopefully a little nobler than an insect swarm.

    Battle Command: If any monsters come within Pierce's line of sight, she will rush to attack with her rapier while not departing too far from the group.

    Rapier being 1d20+5, 1d8+3 piercing.

    Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited August 3
    Initiative: 1d20+3 (reroll on a natural 1)

    Battle Command: If the rat has not revealed itself to the darkvisionless, and John is still at Owenn’s side, and he’s willing to perform the help action, Owenn will fire on the remaining rat.

    Attack: 1d20+5 (reroll on a natural 1)
    Damage: 1d6+3 piercing

    Backup Battle Command: If the rat has not revealed itself to the darkvisionless and John has opted to do anything else, Owenn will lob his torch to the ground toward the previously-heard shriek. The goal is to hit nothing but the ground and illuminate the area.

    Backup Backup Battle Command: If the rat has revealed itself and is engaged, Owenn will fire on the remaining rat.

    Attack: 1d20+5 (reroll on a natural 1)
    Damage: 1d6+3 piercing + 1d6 sneak attack

    Sneaks on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Battle Command: If the rat moves within 30 ft of John, John will move towards it and attack with his quarterstaff (+5 to hit, 1d6+3 bludgeoning damage), plus an unarmed strike (+5 to hit, 1d4+3 bludgeoning damage)

    Backup Battle Command: If the rat is not within 30 ft, John will stay put and provide guidance to Owenn.

  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited August 4
    The Ruins of Dorasharn Tower Horrid Rat Round #1

    Initiative Order
    #1. -- Owenn (+3) [19]
    #2. -- John (+3) [19]
    #3. -- Gator (+3) [18]
    #4. -- Faber (+0) [13]
    #5. -- Pierce (+3) [12]
    #6. -- Horrid Rat (+2) [9]
    #7. -- Zed (+2) [5]

    "BURIED IN THE RAT RACE"

    Working in pure unison, John continues to offer guidance to Owenn. A nudge to the left, an adjustment to the right. But during the aiming process Owenn's finger slips and an arrow flies wildly off target.

    Distracted by the sound of anguish from the Horrid Rat's primal scream, Gator lets loose an arrow but it doesn't find its target.

    Faber and Pierce both ready their weapons and ease their positioning. Scurrying away into the darkness, the two Warforged hear the sound of claws on masonry. Atop a partially destroyed wall, they see two green eyes appear before two bubbles of acid are puked out towards them. Pierce dances around the acid bubble, evading it perfectly. Faber, sadly, doesn't summon such grace. The pious Warforged is hit in the chest with (5 acid dmg). Now with their enemy in sight, Faber & Pierce rush it to slice at the Horrid Rat. Faber smashes the Horrid Rat's feet with a swing of a mace (4 dmg), knocking it down off the wall. Prone and weakened, Pierce effortlessly slides her rapier into the Horrid Rat's skull (11 dmg).

    Zed looks around, twin-axes in both hands. He looks at the dead Horrid Rat. When will a true challenger approach him? When will he have his mettle tested? Soon...

    FINAL ROUND PLACEMENT

    xCIEVqC.png

    For those with darkvision:
    CYDDc10.png

    Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Cello
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    OOC:
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Gator watches on, still internalizing the sound of anguish from the Horrid Rat's primal scream.
    (did gator's attack miss? just curious)

  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    OOC:
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Gator watches on, still internalizing the sound of anguish from the Horrid Rat's primal scream.
    (did gator's attack miss? just curious)

    Correct. Sorry, I updated it to reflect it better (you wouldn't have been able to physically reach the Horrid Rat & attack it in that round, by the way).

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    OOC: Stupid dexterity saving rolls...

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Pierce removes her weapon from the rat with a smirk and returns to her stance, ready for the next step of the dance.

    Battle Command: If it ain't broke, don't fix it?

    Pierce will use her rapier (1d20+5, 1d8+3 piercing) on any monster that comes in range of the party.

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Faber falls back, leaving the far more dextrous Pierce to deal with the acid spewing rodents.

    Battle Command: Ready Sacred Flame for the next enemy to come into range (Dex save vs. 3, 1d8 radiant damage)

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    edited August 5
    Zed grinds his teeth, unsure what his next move should be. For the next several seconds, his eyes dart about the room, scanning between his teammates and the far corners of his vision, while his feet keep him as close to the center of his group as he can manage.

    Battle Command: Zed wants to keep his position flexible. If Gator, Owenn, or John move, he moves as well, staying as close to "between" them all as possible. Keeping his eyes as sharp as his axes, Zed readies an action to attack the first target that comes into his range (+5vs AC, Range 20 (x2); 1d6+3 slash dmg; 1d6 slash dmg)

    DM post edit:
    (OOC)
    eh, the action still more or less stands. Zed wants to stay positionally neutral within the group, so he can move where he's most needed.
    (/OOC)

    Tox on
    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Sorry for the confusion, folks.

    While I respect your zeal for more combat, the battle has officially concluded.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Toxjdarksun
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Sorry for the confusion, folks.

    While I respect your zeal for more combat, the battle has officially concluded.

    OOC: Pierce also doesn't know that so I will leave the last post as it is, haha.

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    "OK, feels like we're hitting our rhythm. I'm heading back out, I think there's one more corner I haven't checked. Be right back." Gator slipped back into the darkness, arrow nocked.

    OOC: Stealthily investigate through 4 up towards B / 2.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Perception
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Stealth

    Perception:
    1d20+5 7 [1d20=2]
    Stealth:
    1d20+5 14 [1d20=9]

  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Gator moves forward, investigating the path that the two Horrid Rats were sleeping in. Seeing smaller bones & discarded vermin carcasses among the rubble, Gator continues. Ahead, the Shifter spots a building that appears to still be in shape. It's walls have some damage but they're all intact & connected. Looking upon its walls Gator sees markings & images. Gator doesn't recognize their meanings.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    Gator crept up to the building, listening for a moment before carefully peering inside.

    OOC:
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Perception
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Stealth

    Perception:
    1d20+5 24 [1d20=19]
    Stealth:
    1d20+5 23 [1d20=18]

  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    edited August 5
    Zed nods to the rest of the team, offering one quiet word.
    "Torches?"

    Tox on
    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    "Torches? We have to fight torches no- oh! Hmm, yes, additional light would certainly help reduce the number of surprises, though it might make it a little less fun.

    Coincidentally, I didn't bring any torches. Anyone have a light?"

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Gator crept up to the building, listening for a moment before carefully peering inside.

    Peering inside, Gator finds an empty building. Unlike the outside, which is riddled with beast tracks, animal carcasses, & vermin droppings, the inside of this building is clean.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    "Torches? We have to fight torches no- oh! Hmm, yes, additional light would certainly help reduce the number of surprises, though it might make it a little less fun.
    Coincidentally, I didn't bring any torches. Anyone have a light?"

    Faber approaches Pierce, and with a nod casts light on her rapier, turning it into a glowing beacon of impending violence.
    "That should do it for you, means you can keep your blade at the ready too".

    In the corner of the room, the light fades from the mangled scarab carcass.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    Cello
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    Gator returns to the party. "Found a building just a little bit farther in. Some strange markings on the outside, but nothing I recognize. Outside seems safe enough - let's go have a look as a group."

  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    “Here,” Owenn offered, shifting his pack to the ground and producing a hooded lantern and a flask of oil from within. “Should be bright enough that we don’t all need to hold something.” He quickly filled the lantern, lit the wick, and stood back up with his pack, holding the lantern aloft.

    Tox
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    edited August 6
    Zed sheathes one of his axes and offers to take the lantern from Owenn, "Let's see what else we've got," following to where Gator indicated.

    Tox on
    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Cello wrote: »
    "Torches? We have to fight torches no- oh! Hmm, yes, additional light would certainly help reduce the number of surprises, though it might make it a little less fun.
    Coincidentally, I didn't bring any torches. Anyone have a light?"

    Faber approaches Pierce, and with a nod casts light on her rapier, turning it into a glowing beacon of impending violence.
    "That should do it for you, means you can keep your blade at the ready too".

    In the corner of the room, the light fades from the mangled scarab carcass.

    OOC: RAD

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    ToxSneakssee317jdarksunZonugal
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Faber follows the well lit party to the building, and pauses for a second to consider the markings on the outside of it.

    OoC: Faber knows Dwarvish and Giant, do either of those languages match the markings on the buildings? Can I make a history or Arcana check to see if I can recognize them?

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    @See317, you'll want to give me an Intelligence (Religion) check.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+3 for Hokey religions and (hopefully) ancient weapons

    Hokey religions and (hopefully) ancient weapons:
    1d20+3 11 [1d20=8]

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    jdarksun
Sign In or Register to comment.