As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D-5E] Eberron: Shadows of the Last War

• Options
    SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Sneaks wrote: »
    OOC: What sorts of artisan’s tools?

-- Alchemist's supplies
    -- Carpenter's tools
    -- Glassblower's tools
    -- Jeweler's tools
    -- Leatherworker's tools
    -- Mason's tools
    -- Smith's tools
    -- Tinker's tools
    -- Woodcarver's tools

OOC: I’ll say Owenn would’ve thought that the alchemist’s supplies and jeweler’s tools would be particularly useful for passing himself as an “expert” in those fields should the need arise, and claimed those.

Still, probably some real boons in there for people who can use martial weapons! Since this post is on a new page, here’s the unclaimed material:

• 1 suit of breastplate armor,
    • 1 suit of chain mail armor,
    • 2 steel shields,
    • 1 dusty maul,
    • 1 sheathed greatsword,
    • 1 heavy crossbow (with twenty bolts in a quiver),
    • a saxophone,
    • a variety of artisan's tools (the list above, minus alchemist’s supplies and jeweler’s tools), and
    • 1 antitoxins.

Sneaks on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    "Well, I don't got much use for armor or heavy weapons," said John "But if nobody wants those woodcarving tools, I'd take 'em."

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Pierce immediately rushes towards the saxophone, picks it up, presses a few keys, raises it to her mouth, and plays.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    @Cello, give us a Charisma (Performance) check.

Just a reminder, Pierce doesn't appear to be proficient in the saxophone.

With that said...

PLAY THAT MOMMA

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Typooooo

Cello on
    Steam
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    OOC: I am having a weird time getting Geth to roll??

Cello on
    Steam
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Geth roll 1d20+2

OOC: THANKS GETH, HOW ANTICLIMACTIC

1d20+2 8 [1d20=6]

Cello on
    Steam
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Everyone in the foundry, and outside the foundry, hears something akin to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UVPAvYRiUk

• Options
    @jdarksun, @cello, @see317, @Centipede Damascus, & @Sneaks give me a Wisdom (Perception) check at disadvantage.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    "The room seems secure enough for now."

Faber moves to the shelves of assorted items, carefully picking his way around the body of the third defender, and extracts a number of small items from his pouch.
    "My order wasn't big on martial training. Typically, strong armor and faith was sufficient to defend The Forge from those who sought to harm it or claim it for their own purposes..."
    He proceeds to set up a small ritual circle on the floor and picks the items up one at a time and communes with the work-being responsible for creating them in order to gain insight into the items origin and any potential magic imbued into them.

OoC:Starting with the chainmail, I'm going to ritually cast identify on each of the items on the shelf. If time and security permit, he'll do the same with the two rods extracted from the Defenders.

Geth, roll 1d20+3 for worrying perception check
    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for worrying perception check with disadvantage

worrying perception check:
    1d20+3 14 [1d20=11]
    worrying perception check with disadvantage:
    1d20+3 13 [1d20=10]

see317 on
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Pierce is entranced by the soulful tune she is coercing out of the saxophone; can she pay attention to her surroundings? We'll find out!

OOC:
    Geth roll 1d20-1 for totally normal perception check

Geth roll 1d20-1 for extremely average perception check

extremely average perception check:
    1d20-1 13 [1d20=14]

Cello on
    Steam
  • Options
    Geth roll 1d20-1 for totally normal perception check

totally normal perception check:
    1d20-1 6 [1d20=7]

Steam
  • Options
    OOC: Oh wait whoops those both should have been +1 so 8 and 15, boy I am doing well with Geth tonight

Steam
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Just a heads up folks, but Tox is stepping away from the game in a permanent fashion.

Zedaar the Dragonborn Fighter will be missed.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Perception
    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Persaxophone

Perception:
    1d20+4 10 [1d20=6]
    Persaxophone:
    1d20+4 15 [1d20=11]

• Options
    edited August 2020
    As Faber ritually casts Identify on the found items, a few glow with faint magical energy.

One of the steel shield is revealed to be a Ward of Minor Acidic Guarding.

The suit of breastplate armor is revealed to be a suit of Lion Armor.

The coiled whip is revealed to be a Grappling Whip.

The heavy crossbow is revealed to be a Heavy Crossbow of Pyrotechnics.
    Ward of Minor Acidic Guarding
    Armor (shield), uncommon

You gain a bonus to AC & saving throws against any acid attacks & acid spells equal to your proficiency bonus while you wield this shield. This bonus is in addition to the shield's normal bonus to AC. In addition, while you are wielding the shield, acid damage that you take is reduced by a number equal to your proficiency bonus.
    Lion Armor
    Armor (breastplate), rare

While wearing this armor, you gain your proficiency bonus to saving throws against being frightened. Secondly you can understand and speak with any medium-sized or larger feline beast. In addition, the armor's clawed gauntlets turn unarmed strikes with your hands into magic weapons that deal slashing damage, with a +1 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls and a damage die of 1d4.
    Grappling Whip
    Weapon (whip), rare

You gain a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with this magic weapon. In addition, this weapon's tip can become magnetized on command. As a reaction, the wielder of this weapon can magically command the tip of the whip to stick onto any metallic surface. This bond can only be broken with a Strength (Athletics) check of 20. With a bonus action, the wielder of this weapon can magically command the tip of the whip to disconnect from its metal surface.
    Heavy Crossbow of Pyrotechnics
    Weapon (heavy crossbow), uncommon

As a bonus action, the wielder of this weapon can magically enhance any piece of ammunition fired from it to echo a prismatic after-effect in the path the bolt took in the air. This glamer effect dissolves one round after a bolt is fired from the weapon. In addition, once per short rest, as an action, the wielder of this weapon can magically enhance a single piece of ammunition fired from it to create effect equivalent to the Pyrotechnics spell.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Perception
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Perception at disadvantage

Perception:
    1d20+5 17 [1d20=12]
    Perception at disadvantage:
    1d20+5 19 [1d20=14]

• Options
    Faber holds the shield up with an appraising eye. "This would have been nice while dealing with the rats. If nobody else needs the shield, I'll take it."

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Perception
    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Perception again

Perception:
    1d20+2 11 [1d20=9]
    Perception again:
    1d20+2 17 [1d20=15]

• Options
    While you all listen to Pierce blast away on her new saxophone, only Gator manages to hear something.

Gator can't quite place it but it sounds like maybe dancing outside of the foundry.

Feet moving rapidly on the ground.

• Options
    Using his ritual to identify the rectangular & triangular rods, Faber learns that they are activation rods.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    "Pierce," Gator asked, waving their arms in an attempt to get the warforged's attention. "A moment of quiet, please." The shifter moved to the door. "I thought I heard something outside."

With all the stealth Gator could muster, they gently opened the door and peered outside.

OOC: I have no idea if opening that (barred?) door quietly is possible, but Gator will try. Edit: can't!

Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Stealth

Stealth:
    1d20+5 16 [1d20=11]

jdarksun on
  • Options
    The door can't be opened.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    OOC: Like... At all?

Correct, yes.

As mentioned previously:
    Landing prone, Owenn reclaimed his senses quickly and rushed to the door. With the help of his torch, Owenn could see that the door is sealed from the inside as well. Without the ancient key that once sealed off the building, opening it in any conventional way would be near impossible.

• Options
    OOC: Oops, lol. There's a rope hanging down from the hole in the ceiling though right?

• Options
    edited August 2020
    jdarksun wrote: »
    OOC: Oops, lol. There's a rope hanging down from the hole in the ceiling though right?
    OOC: I don’t think so. We were all in a hurry to get down here on account of the fight, and since none of us were the “last” one down the hole (that would have been Zed), none of us bothered to install a way out.
    Satisfied, he returned to the debris near Gator and Faber, crouching to get another look at the partially crushed (but still recognizable) third metal hound.
    see317 wrote: »
    “But first, I’m curious about these. I don’t think they’re standard for the steel defenders...”
    “Whatever they are,” Owenn offered, motioning under the rubble. “There might be another one.”
    As John listened at the door, Owenn tried to leverage his small size to worm his way through the rubble to the third Steel Defender.

OOC: Don’t know what sort of roll this would be.

Sneaks on
  • Options
    OoC: Yes, we've got a rope out of the room if we need it.
    OoC: Is there anything on the roof John can tie the rope to?
    Sure, yeah.
    There's a chimney pipe that looks sturdy enough.
    OoC: Provided what ever is out there doesn't cut it before we need it.

Faber will make an arcana check to see what, if anything, he knows about the activation rods that he pulled from the defenders.
    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for rod information

rod information:
    1d20+3 21 [1d20=18]

• Options
    Damn you @See317, I was really hoping you folks forgot about that.

Was really hoping for the alternative exit strategy.

Which would have been stacking furniture into a tower and climbing out like Marv in Home Alone 2.

• Options
    As John listened at the door, Owenn tried to leverage his small size to worm his way through the rubble to the third Steel Defender.

OOC: Don’t know what sort of roll this would be.

To dig through the rubble and unearth the last Steel Defender, that'll be a Strength (Athletics) check.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »
    Faber will make an arcana check to see what, if anything, he knows about the activation rods that he pulled from the defenders.

Faber can't draw on any knowledge or learned information regarding the activation rods, but he does connect that the shapes of each rod seem to match the three depressions spaced evenly atop the forge (which show a pentagon, a triangle, and a square).

• Options
    Faber calls to his companions: "These two rods from the fallen defenders match the two opening on the forge, look around and see if you can locate a third that matches the pentagonal depression"
    Faber will investigate the remains of the third Defender to see if he can assist Owenn in unearthing the remains of the last defender.

• Options
    Pierce finishes her song with a flourish at Gator's request, the music having run its course. When Faber calls out, Pierce squints to see if she can find the rod in her vicinity.

OOC: should this be a perception check?

Steam
  • Options
    Cello wrote: »
    OOC: should this be a perception check?

Intelligence (Investigation)

• Options
    edited August 2020
    OOC: Assuming Faber is helping, that’s Athletics with advantage.

Geth roll 1d20-1 for Athletics
    Geth roll 1d20-1 for Athletics Again

Owenn gave up, exhauted. “Somebody else is gonna have to dig it out.”

Athletics:
    1d20-1 5 [1d20=6]
    Athletics Again:
    1d20-1 2 [1d20=3]

Sneaks on
  • Options
    Gator eyed the hole in the ceiling, then the chimney pipe, then the door. "Maybe it'll open the door," the shifter muttered as they looked around for the rod Faber described.

Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Investigation

Investigation:
    1d20+3 17 [1d20=14]

• Options
    Geth, roll 1d20+0 for Investigation

Investigation:
    1d20+0 14 [1d20=14]

Steam
  • Options
    Faber steps forward to try his steel hands at unearthing the fallen defender. He gestures to Owenn to lift on one corner while he takes the opposing corner

Geth roll 1d20+2 for Athletics
    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Athletics Again

Athletics:
    1d20+2 21 [1d20=19]
    Athletics Again:
    1d20+2 18 [1d20=16]

• Options
    Faber pries the last Steel Defender free from the rubble.

And atop its head, juts a pentagonal rod.

• Options
    "Wait, wait, I found it."
    Faber approaches the forge with the rods in hand, pausing before he shoves the crystals into the device, he takes a moment to inspect the forge to see if he can determine what, if any, affect the rods may have when inserted.

OoC: I'm guessing it would be an Arcana check?
    Geth, roll 1d20+3

1d20+3 20 [1d20=17]