[D&D-5E] Eberron: The Forgotten Forge

135

Posts

  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited June 29
    Sneaks wrote: »
    The rain was making everyone—warforged excepted—squint and scrunch their faces slightly. It made the Watch difficult to get a read on. “I don’t suppose we could continue this conversation somewhere dry?”
    [Smash cut to the holding cell]

    Owenn rested his forehead against the backs of his hands, themselves folded on the bars he was leaning against, as he peered idly out of the cell. He hadn't had the chance to examine Geldam's notes or journal, nor had he volunteered to the Watch that they’d belonged to the victim originally. Once you were arrested, the best thing to say was nothing.
    see317 wrote: »
    "Any of you notice the weird sigil she had engraved on her chest? Like a bladed gauntlet or armored claw? Stuck out to me for some reason, but by then it was too late to ask questions about personal decoration."
    "Seems odd for a one engaged in a sort of covert action like that to be wearing a badge of some sort, don't it?"
    “There were two insignia, then,” Owenn said, half-turning back to face the cell. “The mark of Karrnath was on her head. That speaks to her origin, but if there was another symbol it probably speaks to a more recent social circle.”

    Sneaks on
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    With a quiet, slow, glance towards Pierce from their shared, and quite crowded, cell.
    Faber: I'm glad I decided to keep my mouth shut.

    OoC: Is it too late for the guard to listen to Owenn instead?

    It is indeed, after Pierce's particular style of persuasion.
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Gator hopped up on the top bunk, and settled back against the wall. They gave Faber a toothy grin. "First time?"

    OOC: Gator looks around for anybody they might know.

    It's just you and your posse in your holding cell. Across the hallway sits another holding cell, filled with two Goblins, a Halfling, and a Human.
    jdarksun wrote: »
    OOC: What's the check to try and figure out what that bladed gauntlet insignia is for?

    That would be an Intelligence (History) check.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Cello
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    "Hey, halfling," Gator called out. "What'd they throw you in here for? Anything interesting?"

    OOC: Gator will try to engage the halfling in conversation while trying to place that bladed gauntlet. (unlikely; Gator's not exactly the book type) (( ... actually, that brings up a good question - can multiple characters attempt the same check? ))

    Geth, roll 1d20+1 for History

    History:
    1d20+1 14 [1d20=13]

  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    "Hey, halfling," Gator called out. "What'd they throw you in here for? Anything interesting?"

    The Halfling steers his head up from biting his fingernails and looks at Gator, "Making an honest living. Sharn is poisoned with the idea that their justice should touch every corner of the city, as opposed to things like opportunity." The Halfling massages his bloodied knuckles then spits on the floor.
    jdarksun wrote: »
    OOC: Gator will try to engage the halfling in conversation while trying to place that bladed gauntlet. (unlikely; Gator's not exactly the book type)

    While engaging in discourse with the Halfling across the hallway, Gator's mind rotates on the bladed gauntlet symbol.

    Bladed gauntlet... A gauntlet of blades... Blades... A lord of... AHH! The symbol belongs to The Blades, the Warforged followers of the Lord of Blades. The Blades follow the Lord of Blades's belief in violent Warforged supremacy. Like the Lord of Blades, they live in an unknown location somewhere in the Mournland to avoid the laws and armies of the nations of Khorvaire. From here, they serve their leader in whatever way he finds necessary: performing covert operations, extracting artifacts relating to the Warforged from the Mournland and beyond, training, and spreading their belief that the Lord of Blades is a god.
    jdarksun wrote: »
    (( ... actually, that brings up a good question - can multiple characters attempt the same check? ))

    They absolutely can!

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    "Lord of Blades," Gator snaps their fingers. "Bladed gauntlet, that's his. But what'd he want with... Geldam, was it?"

  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited June 30
    jdarksun wrote: »
    "Lord of Blades," Gator snaps their fingers. "Bladed gauntlet, that's his. But what'd he want with... Geldam, was it?"
    “Wanted his journal,” Owenn murmured, hoping not to be heard beyond their cell. “She was pretty upfront about that bit.”

    Sneaks on
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Zed all but spits out the words "Perhaps we should ask her. Oh wait."

    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Faber: Didn't sound like she wanted words, so much as she wanted that journal... bad enough to murder, bad enough to try and take it from 6 armed strangers in the night.

    OoC: Did the town guards leave us our personal effects? I think it might be helpful to look over the journal or random papers if they were left in our possession.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    "Books I have little time for - so many pages - but blades? Now you've piqued my interest!"

    Pierce turns and beckons loudly to the prisoners across the hall. "Hail, strangers! I must assume you, as we are, were imprisoned despite having committed no crime at all! Do you know anything of the Lord of Blades? I fear this might go all the way to the top."

    OOC: Pierce attempts to persuade the other prisoners to offer information they may have on the Lord of Blades.

    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Persuasion

    Persuasion:
    1d20+4 16 [1d20=12]

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    OoC: Did the town guards leave us our personal effects? I think it might be helpful to look over the journal or random papers if they were left in our possession.

    They left you with your immediate possessions (your clothing) but confiscated everything else, for the time.
    Cello wrote: »
    OOC: Pierce attempts to persuade the other prisoners to offer information they may have on the Lord of Blades.

    Upon asking, Pierce watches as the two goblins turn away, and the Halfling who was speaking to Gator shrugs his shoulders as to say, "Who?".

    But the Human, as if defeated, puts his head into his hands.

    "I used to be a soldier, in Cyre. Used to be noble and virtuous and valiant, all that gunk. Used to have a lion's courage. After the Last War, the men from my company and I went into the treasure business. Hey, Cyre was our homeland, who better to reclaim its fractured glory? We found a former Cannith wand factory, thought we hit the payload. These men... My brothers... He slaughtered them. And it wasn't just about the killing. He flayed them. He broke them for the deslight of it all. Rewarded his most trusted rust-buckets with the privilege. He isn't a man. He isn't a demon. He's a..."

    The man then starts weeping into his hands.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited June 30
    Faber flinches almost imperceptibly as the human in the other cell spits out the word "rust bucket" with such venom. But, he's been called worse, by better, and there's little enough he can do about it at the moment. He shoots a cautious glance at Pierce though, worrying that that one might not be willing to let such a slight pass without comment.

    Guessing that the guards aren't going to be performing any further interrogations tonight, given the late hour, Faber leans back against the wall and tries to take what rest he can, given the circumstances.

    OoC:Not sure if we've got time for a full rest or not, but worth a shot.

    see317 on
    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    OoC:Not sure if we've got time for a full rest or not, but worth a shot.

    I'd say that you should safely presume you're getting a long rest while staying in the holding cell.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    A few hours go by until Sergeant Dolom comes to the your holding cell.

    "We canvased the scene and asked the residents around the area about the incident. Count yourself lucky, they back-up your story." He starts handing out your personal effects. "So you're free to go as the only crime I can pin on you is an egregious case of rudeness," he says as he forcefully throws Pierce's gear at her. "Just try to keep out of any trouble, 'detectives', okay?"

    You are escorted out of the City Watch station and greeted by the harsh daylight of a Sharn morning.

    During your removal from the station, Oween is given Bonal Geldem's journal. This small journal, measuring about 3 inches by 6 inches and 1 inch thick, has a cover of dark brown leather with strands of mithral thread woven in a strange pattern. It bears no title, just the mithral-thread icon on the front cover. Inside, every page is blank, but the sheets have a strange feel; they don’t seem to be paper or leather, but something not readily identifiable.

    But when you open the journal, a card falls out. It reads, "If you would know the truth of Bonal Geldem’s murder, go to the Broken Anvil tavern at high noon."

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited June 30
    Zonugal wrote: »
    The man then starts weeping into his hands.
    Owenn glowered. ‘No one should have to relive that in a crowded holding cell.’ He turned away from the other cell to face his own, hoping to contribute some small illusion of privacy. It almost certainly didn’t work.

    The next morning

    Owenn waited until they were well clear of the station before withdrawing the journal from Geldem’s satchel. “Well, let’s see what all the fuss is about,” he mused as he opened it. He made no effort to hide his surprise at what he saw. “Well, either this is Pierce’s favorite book…” He tilted the journal forward, revealing the blank pages to the others. “…or the professor took precautions.”

    The card tumbled out as Owenn tilted the journal. He picked it up.
    Zonugal wrote: »
    “If you would know the truth of Bonal Geldem’s murder, go to the Broken Anvil tavern at high noon.”
    “It’s always something,” he practically snarled as he handed the card off to Gator. There was a reason they rented an office, and there was a reason clients didn’t get to remain anonymous. To avoid exactly this sort of cheap airship lit, cloak-and-dagger nonsense! “So far, the only thing the truth of this crime has gotten us is a night in a cell, and I—for one—wouldn’t mind quitting while we’re behind. Someone wants our services?” Owenn gestured derisively at the card. “They can go up to the office with a name and a purse.”

    He punctuated this last by snapping the journal shut, at which point he found himself observing the smithing iconography on cover. Given that a Warforged-supremacist had taken an interest, some new advantage for Warforged—be it technical, arcane, or both—must lay hidden in these pages. ‘Or pages very much like these.’ It was possible that there were no obfuscated words in this book; it could simply be a decoy journal. Owenn searched his memory for the specific emblem on the cover.

    OOC Command: Owenn attempts to recall the provenance of the emblem on the journal’s cover.
    Geth roll 1d20+1 for History


    ‘No! Stop it!’ He chastised himself for his curiosity. “Clients who try to remain anonymous are usually the ones who plan to stiff you on the bill,” he stated plainly. “And that’s one of the better possible outcomes.”

    History:
    1d20+1 4 [1d20=3]

    Sneaks on
    Cello
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited June 30
    Sneaks wrote: »
    OOC Command: Owenn attempts to recall the provenance of the emblem on the journal’s cover.

    While looking at the cover of the journal, emblazoned with a stylized anvil and hammer inside a circle, Owenn's mind conjures...

    Well, nothing.

    Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited June 30
    "My favourite book, you say?"

    Pierce leans over Owenn's shoulder.

    OOC: Going to roll a History check to back up Sneaks and see if anything sparks up in Pierce's dimly lit mind.

    Geth roll 1d20 for History

    History:
    1d20 13 [1d20=13]

    Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    "We canvased the scene and asked the residents around the area about the incident. Count yourself lucky, they back-up your story." He starts handing out your personal effects. "So you're free to go as the only crime I can pin on you is an egregious case of rudeness," he says as he forcefully throws Pierce's gear at her. "Just try to keep out of any trouble, 'detectives', okay?"
    "Ignore the watchman," Gator murmured to Pierce once they were out of earshot of the sergeant. "Attempting to fix someone for a crime because he thought they were rude? That one lacks any sense of morality."
    Sneaks wrote: »
    ‘No! Stop it!’ He chastised himself for his curiosity. “Clients who try to remain anonymous are usually the ones who plan to stiff you on the bill,” he stated plainly. “And that’s one of the better possible outcomes.”
    "Being slaughtered in the night isn't justice, Owenn. Someone needs to speak for Geldem, and it isn't going to be the Watch." Gator gave Owenn an appraising look. "Think of it as getting revenge on the Watch for throwing us in jail. They're too inept to do their own jobs, so the criminals have to do it for them."

    OOC Command: Gator idly looked at the book Owenn was so fascinated with, attempting to identify the symbol but not expecting much.

    Geth, roll 1d20+1 for History

    History:
    1d20+1 19 [1d20=18]

    Cello
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    After the night's rest, Zed inspects his gear to make sure nothing is amiss or shows any signs of damage, cocking a brow and a wry grin at the others who are so keen on the book we're apparently not going to investigate

    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited June 30
    After checking his returned gear and insuring that his meager possessions are still his possessions, Faber takes his turn looking at the mysterious emblem on the journal, as seems to be the thing to do this morning, though he judges by the sudden glint of recognition in Gator's eyes that it's been identified well before he takes a look.

    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for history

    history:
    1d20+3 18 [1d20=15]

    see317 on
    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Pierce, Gator, and Faber all take a look at the journal and all say at the exact same time, "That's a primitive version of the House Cannith seal."

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Centipede DamascusCello
  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited June 30
    Sneaks wrote: »
    “Clients who try to remain anonymous are usually the ones who plan to stiff you on the bill,” he stated plainly. “And that’s one of the better possible outcomes.”
    jdarksun wrote: »
    “Being slaughtered in the night isn’t justice, Owenn. Someone needs to speak for Geldem, and it isn’t going to be the Watch.” Gator gave Owenn an appraising look. “Think of it as getting revenge on the Watch for throwing us in jail. They’re too inept to do their own jobs, so the criminals have to do it for them.”
    “First off,” Owenn replied sternly. “I’m not interested in revenge. Not saying I won’t hold a grudge, but I don’t have anything to prove here. Second of all, Geldem’s killer is already dead. Now, they may not have been the only zealot who wanted Geldem dead, but they’re the one that actually did the deed. And now they’re dead too, and they didn’t get what they wanted. You may not call that justice… but I think it’s pretty damn close.”

    Owenn shoved the journal into Gator’s hands and started to storm off towards their office. (That their office was in the same direction—the same building, in fact—as the Broken Anvil undermined the gesture, somewhat.)
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Pierce, Gator, and Faber all take a look at the journal and all say at the exact same time, “That’s a primitive version of the House Cannith seal.”
    The notion leaped unbidden into Owenn’s mind, prompted accidentally by his own rant. ‘They didn’t get what they wanted…’ He stopped, sighed, and spoke without turning around. “It’s not a decoy journal: the journal’s contents are hidden. If it was a decoy, Geldem would’ve just handed it over… and lived to write another day.”

    Sneaks on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Faber: So. what's the play then, Owenn? Destroy the journal and leave this mess behind us? Leave the journal on a bulletin board with a note? 'Dear murderous zealots of the bladed lord, we came across this on accident and thought you might like it'?
    Remember what she said: '...our lord', she wasn't working alone. That wasn't a random mugging gone wrong. She wanted the journal, and more like her are almost certainly looking for it.
    Whatever is in that journal, or whatever it represents, was valuable enough to convince the murderer to kill not only a man in the street, but to single handedly attack 6 armed people at night... It's surely valuable enough for someone to dispatch more agents, assuming they're not already here. And if the witnesses saw enough to confirm our story to the Guard's satisfaction, it's impossible to believe they wouldn't talk about it to any shady visitors offering either coin or violence for our description.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    "The question is," John said, "Is there any money in this? Some tiff between the tick-tock men and the University don't seem like it would. I got other jobs, and a mum to see after."

  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited June 30
    see317 wrote: »
    “So. what's the play then, Owenn? Destroy the journal and leave this mess behind us? Leave the journal on a bulletin board with a note? ‘Dear murderous zealots of the bladed lord, we came across this on accident and thought you might like it’?

    “Remember what she said: ‘...our lord’, she wasn’t working alone. That wasn’t a random mugging gone wrong. She wanted the journal, and more like her are almost certainly looking for it.

    “Whatever is in that journal, or whatever it represents, was valuable enough to convince the murderer to kill not only a man in the street, but to single handedly attack 6 armed people at night... It’s surely valuable enough for someone to dispatch more agents, assuming they’re not already here. And if the witnesses saw enough to confirm our story to the Guard’s satisfaction, it’s impossible to believe they wouldn’t talk about it to any shady visitors offering either coin or violence for our description.
    “…And there’s the piece of the killer that flew away,” Owenn replied, reluctantly following Faber’s train of thought. “It’s safe to say that it’s reporting back empty handed to somebody. So as far as they’ll know, we have the book. Even if we destroyed it or handed it over to the Watch, we’d be these killers’ first port of call.”

    Owenn’s shoulders sagged under newfound weight. He rejoined the group, his hands shoved resignedly in his pockets. “Shit.”

    Sneaks on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    "The question is," John said, "Is there any money in this? Some tiff between the tick-tock men and the University don't seem like it would. I got other jobs, and a mum to see after."

    "Maybe not much in the way of profit, but how many armed tick-tock men would you like to have following you on the off chance that you're the one in six of us to keep the journal?

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    "We have an obligation, friends. We hold this book for a reason, by fate! We have solved the first murder, but how many more will suffer like that poor man in the cell if we do not act? We must determine the provenance of the book, and defeat this Lord of Blades lest he bring more good folk to harm!"

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    Sneaks wrote: »
    “First off,” Owenn replied sternly. “I’m not interested in revenge. Not saying I won’t hold a grudge, but I don’t have anything to prove here. Second of all, Geldem’s killer is already dead. Now, they may not have been the only zealot who wanted Geldem dead, but they’re the one that actually did the deed. And now they’re dead too, and they didn’t get what they wanted. You may not call that justice… but I think it’s pretty damn close.”

    Owenn shoved the journal into Gator’s hands and started to storm off towards their office. (That their office was in the same direction—the same building, in fact—as the Broken Anvil undermined the gesture, somewhat.)
    Gator tucked the book away at the bottom of their pack, and considered Owenn's words.
    see317 wrote: »
    "Maybe not much in the way of profit, but how many armed tick-tock men would you like to have following you on the off chance that you're the one in six of us to keep the journal?"
    Gator added, "although there's plenty of profit in making sure items don't fall back into the wrong hands."
    Cello wrote: »
    "We have an obligation, friends. We hold this book for a reason, by fate! We have solved the first murder, but how many more will suffer like that poor man in the cell if we do not act? We must determine the provenance of the book, and defeat this Lord of Blades lest he bring more good folk to harm!"
    "Some warforged consider this Lord of Blades to be like a god. Are you ready to face a god?"

  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited June 30
    "Some warforged consider this Lord of Blades to be like a god. Are you ready to face a god?"

    "If this is what destiny decrees, then so be it! A true hero never backs down from a fight, especially one pursued in the defense of the weak and downtrodden. We must take up this battle, for we are worthy of it!"

    Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So what's the plan, folks?

    You can split up. You can go investigate other elements.

    What are doing? Where you going?

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    "What was that little flying gem thing that took off from the body last night?"

    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    OOC: I think figuring out what's written in the book might be a safe bet as far as finding a direction goes. Not sure if anyone is able to Detect Magic or anything like that?

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    see317Sneaks
  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited July 1
    Tox wrote: »
    "What was that little flying gem thing that took off from the body last night?"

    “A messenger, I assume.” Owenn nodded toward the cleric. “Faber’s right. We’ve still got a target on our collective back.” He rubbed the bridge of his nose. He had not slept well.

    “Okay. We have a few hours before noon. I’ll put out some feelers for what sort of presence this ‘Lord of Blades’ has in Sharn. How many, where, et cetera… I’m assuming warforged districts, all things considered, but maybe we can narrow that down…

    “I’ll start with Aldrich. I know, I know, he’s… a piece of work, but if there’s another fundamentalist setting up shop in Sharn, he might know something. I don’t anticipate needing backup, but company is welcome. Well, some company. You know how nervous he gets around too many people who could kick his ass.”

    OOC Command: I’d like to leverage the “Criminal Contact” feature of my background to learn about any recent warforged criminal- and/or cult-related rumblings. The contact, Aldrich Lode (see character sheet), is a dwarven charlatan running a prosperity gospel-style cult.

    Sneaks on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    As though inspired by a voice from beyond, Faber suddenly holds his hand out, "The journal, please, for just a moment"

    OoC: Cast Identify on the journal
    You choose one object that you must touch throughout the casting of the spell. If it is a magic item or some other magic-imbued object, you learn its properties and how to use them, whether it requires attunement to use, and how many charges it has,

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    Cello
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    As though inspired by a voice from beyond, Faber suddenly holds his hand out, "The journal, please, for just a moment"

    OoC: Cast Identify on the journal
    You choose one object that you must touch throughout the casting of the spell. If it is a magic item or some other magic-imbued object, you learn its properties and how to use them, whether it requires attunement to use, and how many charges it has,

    Faber learns that the journal is an uncommon magical item. The item, an ancient House Cannith journal, is extremely resistant to damage, including fire, and any attempts to write in the journal using ordinary means fail. Ink, charcoal, chalk, and other normal writing mediums simply slide off the blank sheets. The journal radiates a strong aura of universal magic, and its secrets are revealed through another House Cannith activator.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    "OK, so. Check out the Broken Anvil first - the book's owner did suggest we go there - then check with House Cannith?"

  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited July 1
    Faber shares what he's learned with the party.
    "So, that idea about destroying the journal? It's off the table."

    OoCWhat kind of check would you want to see what I know about flying periapts and/or their connection to the Lord of Blades?

    see317 on
    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    OoC: Zed doesn't have anything else to add at this point, but it seems pretty clear that whether we follow this or not, we'll probably be followed up with, so yeah I vote Broken Anvil.

    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    OoCWhat kind of check would you want to see what I know about flying periapts and/or their connection to the Lord of Blades?

    Intelligence (Arcana)

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited July 1
    OOC: The note said to be at the Broken Anvil (which, according to the intro @Zonugal wrote, is in the same building as our office anyway) at noon. Given that we’re now standing in “the harsh daylight of a Sharn morning,” I assume we have a few hours to fill between now and then, yes?

    Sneaks on
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Sneaks wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    "What was that little flying gem thing that took off from the body last night?"

    “A messenger, I assume.” Owenn nodded toward the cleric. “Faber’s right. We’ve still got a target on our collective back.” He rubbed the bridge of his nose. He had not slept well.

    “Okay. We have a few hours before noon. I’ll put out some feelers for what sort of presence this ‘Lord of Blades’ has in Sharn. How many, where, et cetera… I’m assuming warforged districts, all things considered, but maybe we can narrow that down…

    “I’ll start with Aldrich. I know, I know, he’s… a piece of work, but if there’s another fundamentalist setting up shop in Sharn, he might know something. I don’t anticipate needing backup, but company is welcome. Well, some company. You know how nervous he gets around too many people who could kick his ass.”

    OOC Command: I’d like to leverage the “Criminal Contact” feature of my background to learn about any recent warforged criminal- and/or cult-related rumblings. The contact, Aldrich Lode (see character sheet), is a dwarven charlatan running a prosperity gospel-style cult.

    I will follow up with this once you all declare where you're all going.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.