[D&D-5E] Eberron: The Forgotten Forge

124»

Posts

  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Sneaks wrote: »
    OOC: The note said to be at the Broken Anvil (which, according to the intro @Zonugal wrote, is in the same building as our office anyway) at noon. Given that we’re now standing in “the harsh daylight of a Sharn morning,” I assume we have a few hours to fill between now and then, yes?

    Correct! You have roughly four hours.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Faber pauses for a moment, the flying amulet seemed familiar, like something he knew or should know, a nearly forgotten memory.

    Geth roll 1d20+3 for Periapt information

    Periapt information:
    1d20+3 15 [1d20=12]

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    "Well, I guess I am already tangled up in this nonsense, might as well see it through" John declared "I guess I'll see you lot at the tavern 'round noon."

    He turns and heads off down an alley, heading towards the small home he shares with his mother.

  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Faber pauses for a moment, the flying amulet seemed familiar, like something he knew or should know, a nearly forgotten memory

    Faber's memory makes a jump and a leap and forges a connection from his youth.

    The flying amulet you saw leave Cutter's corpse was a Final Messenger.
    This component is an intricate assemblage of clockwork and filigree wings, designed to serve as a communication device within Warforged units. A final messenger occupies space as an amulet, drawing energy from its Warforged host. While the messenger is attached, the Warforged may take an action to implant a destination, a target individual, the image of what the Warforged is currently able to see, and a message of up to 25 words into the messenger.

    As a free action, the host can release the final messenger, at which point it flies to its destination by as direct a route as possible. Once it reaches this location, it seeks the target creature (if one has been specified); otherwise it looks for the nearest Warforged. Any Warforged who attaches the messenger can review the message that it contains.

    Should a Warforged be destroyed while bearing a final messenger, the messenger immediately flies to seek its target. It retains its stored message, but replaces any stored image with a view of the last thing seen by the slain Warforged.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Sneaks wrote: »
    “…And there’s the piece of the killer that flew away,” Owenn replied, reluctantly following Faber’s train of thought. “It’s safe to say that it’s reporting back empty handed to somebody. So as far as they’ll know, we have the book. Even if we destroyed it or handed it over to the Watch, we’d be these killers’ first port of call.”

    Owenn’s shoulders sagged under newfound weight. He rejoined the group, his hands shoved resignedly in his pockets. “Shit.”
    Faber provides the recollected information to Owen.
    "You're right about the periapt, the amulet that flew away. I saw it's like once, long ago. It's going to the allies of the fallen warforged, and it's taking a picture of us with it.
    I don't think we have a choice at this point but to pursue this event, before it pursues us. I'll tag along with you to visit your... less law abiding consorts. I'm sure they're not the types to expect you to be alone, but I'd imagine a second set of eyes can help make sure you leave in one piece."

    "I'd also suggest someone take a spot at the Broken Anvil early..." A brief glance at Pierce's shining golden armor, finely filigreed rapier, and eyes shining in anticipation at the opportunity for an adventure "...somebody unobtrusive. Maybe keep an eye out for newcomers or others who look out of place. Look for anybody else who looks like they're trying hard not to attract attention. It's home ground, we should recognize the regulars."

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    Cello
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    edited July 1
    Zed nods in agreement, happy to have a clear assignment to work toward. "Straightforward mission. Observe and report. Update the others when they arrive." pausing to add, "unless someone else would rather do the mingling."

    OoC: It would probably be best for Merchant or Faber to get there first, just to be eyes. But a lone Dragonborn isn't likely to draw too much suspicion either, I suppose.

    Tox on
    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    edited July 1
    see317 wrote: »
    "You're right about the periapt, the amulet that flew away. I saw it's like once, long ago. It's going to the allies of the fallen warforged, and it's taking a picture of us with it.
    I don't think we have a choice at this point but to pursue this event, before it pursues us. I'll tag along with you to visit your... less law abiding consorts. I'm sure they're not the types to expect you to be alone, but I'd imagine a second set of eyes can help make sure you leave in one piece."
    "Good to know now," Gator said with a nod. "I wish I had shot that thing down when I saw it."
    see317 wrote: »
    "I'd also suggest someone take a spot at the Broken Anvil early..." A brief glance at Pierce's shining golden armor, finely filigreed rapier, and eyes shining in anticipation at the opportunity for an adventure "...somebody unobtrusive. Maybe keep an eye out for newcomers or others who look out of place. Look for anybody else who looks like they're trying hard not to attract attention. It's home ground, we should recognize the regulars."
    "Perfect job for me. Plus it's nice to unwind with a drink after a night in jail."

    OOC: Gator will head to the Broken Anvil, and find a nice spot where they can observe most of the common room.

    jdarksun on
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Sneaks wrote: »
    “…And there’s the piece of the killer that flew away,” Owenn replied, reluctantly following Faber’s train of thought. “It’s safe to say that it’s reporting back empty handed to somebody. So as far as they’ll know, we have the book. Even if we destroyed it or handed it over to the Watch, we’d be these killers’ first port of call.”

    Owenn’s shoulders sagged under newfound weight. He rejoined the group, his hands shoved resignedly in his pockets. “Shit.”
    Faber provides the recollected information to Owen.
    "You're right about the periapt, the amulet that flew away. I saw it's like once, long ago. It's going to the allies of the fallen warforged, and it's taking a picture of us with it.
    I don't think we have a choice at this point but to pursue this event, before it pursues us. I'll tag along with you to visit your... less law abiding consorts. I'm sure they're not the types to expect you to be alone, but I'd imagine a second set of eyes can help make sure you leave in one piece."

    "I'd also suggest someone take a spot at the Broken Anvil early..." A brief glance at Pierce's shining golden armor, finely filigreed rapier, and eyes shining in anticipation at the opportunity for an adventure "...somebody unobtrusive. Maybe keep an eye out for newcomers or others who look out of place. Look for anybody else who looks like they're trying hard not to attract attention. It's home ground, we should recognize the regulars."

    "Subtlety, you say? Why, that's my forte!"

    (OOC: this is not Pierce's forte)

    "I shall set up at the Broken Anvil posthaste!"

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    OoC - So, looks like we've split up.
    Owenn and Faber are going to visit his criminal buddy to see if they've heard anything about ominous cloaked figures of a literary persuasion that make clanking noises and produce dead bodies.
    John's going home to visit his mother, maybe to warn her of potentially impending violence and make sure her broadsword is sharp and ready, maybe just to take a late breakfast and a nap, and will meet us at the tavern around noon.
    Zed, Gator and Pierce are spending the morning at the Broken Anvil until the rest of us show up, while quietly and unobtrusively keeping an eye out for unknown parties.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited July 1
    A New Morning In Sharn

    John Merchant journeys home after an exciting night and is comforted by the relaxed nature of his mother's fried cabbage & tea.

    Zed, Gator, & Pierce all head to the Broken Anvil and get their usual table. They act as casual as they can, while observing anyone coming & going. As its a few hours before their expected meeting, they have time to have a few morning drinks, play cards, or discuss plans as they pertain to their current situation.

    The Broken Anvil's menu:
    Ale (4 cp)
    When you imbibe this drink, make a DC 10 Constitution saving throw. You suffer 2 levels of drunkenness on a failed save, or 1 on a successful save.

    Beer (4 cp)
    When you imbibe this drink, make a DC 10 Constitution saving throw. You suffer 2 levels of drunkenness on a failed save, or 1 on a successful save.

    Brandy (8 cp)
    When you imbibe this fruity spirit, make a DC 14 Constitution saving throw. You suffer 2 levels of drunkenness on a failed save, or 1 on a successful save.

    Cider (2 cp)
    When you imbibe this sweet apple cider, make a DC 12 Constitution saving throw. You suffer 2 levels of drunkenness on a failed save, or 1 on a successful save.

    Coffee (4 sp)
    When you imbibe this hot, bitter drink, your exhaustion and drunkenness levels each temporarily decrease by 1 for the next hour. You can only be under the effect of one cup of coffee at a time.

    Dwarven Ale (4 sp)
    When you imbibe this beer, make a DC 10 Constitution saving throw with disadvantage. You suffer 2 levels of drunkenness on a failed save, or 1 on a successful save.

    Dwarven Lager (4 sp)
    When you imbibe this beer, make a DC 12 Constitution saving throw with disadvantage. You suffer 2 levels of drunkenness on a failed save, or 1 on a successful save.

    Dwarven Stout (4 sp)
    When you imbibe this beer, make a DC 11 Constitution saving throw with disadvantage. You suffer 2 levels of drunkenness on a failed save, or 1 on a successful save.

    Elven Wine (2 gp)
    When you imbibe this lavish elven drink, make a DC 14 Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, you suffer 2 levels of drunkenness and have disadvantage on saving throws against being charmed for 1 hour. You suffer 1 level drunkenness on a successful save and do not have disadvantage.

    Gin (8 cp)
    When you imbibe this spirit, make a DC 15 Constitution saving throw. You suffer 3 levels of drunkenness on a failed save, or 1 on a successful save.

    Gnomish Cider (4 cp)
    When you imbibe this berry-infused cider, make a DC 9 Constitution saving throw. You suffer 2 levels of drunkenness on a failed save, or 1 on a successful save.

    Mead (4 cp)
    When you imbibe this sweet wine, make a DC 12 Constitution saving throw. You suffer 2 levels of drunkenness on a failed save, or 1 on a successful save.

    Orc's Milk (2 cp)
    When you imbibe this warm concoction, make a DC 17 Constitution saving throw with disadvantage. You suffer 3 levels of drunkenness on a failed save, or 2 on a successful save. While foul tasting, the drink provides enough nourishment to sustain a creature for one day.

    Perry (6 cp)
    When you imbibe this sweet wine, make a DC 12 Constitution saving throw. You suffer 2 levels of drunkenness on a failed save, or 1 on a successful save.

    Pixie Punch (1 sp)
    When you imbibe this glittery, sweetened drink, make a DC 13 Constitution saving throw. You suffer 3 levels of drunkenness on a failed save, or 1 on a successful save.

    Rum (1 sp)
    When you imbibe this spirit, make a DC 15 Constitution saving throw. You suffer 2 levels of drunkenness on a failed save, or 1 on a successful save.

    Tequila (8 cp)
    When you imbibe this spirit, make a DC 16 Constitution saving throw. You suffer 3 levels of drunkenness on a failed save, or 1 on a successful save.

    Whisky (1 sp)
    When you imbibe this spirit, make a DC 15 Constitution saving throw. You suffer 2 levels of drunkenness on a failed save, or 1 on a successful save.

    Wine (6 cp for common, 1 gp for fine)
    When you imbibe this wine, make a DC 13 Constitution saving throw. You suffer 2 levels of drunkenness on a failed save, or 1 on a successful save. Wine comes in two varieties, common and fine, which vary in merits of taste and texture.

    Drunkeness Rules
    Drunkeness

    Getting drunk happens in stages, as one circles the drain toward unconsciousness. Therefore, it is governed by a special condition known as drunkenness, which is measured in 10 levels. A drink can give a creature one or more levels of drunkenness, as specified in the drink's description.

    A creature immune to being poisoned can't become drunk, and one with advantage on saving throws against being poisoned has advantage on saves against becoming dunk as well. If an already drunk creature suffers another effect that causes drunkenness, its current level of drunkenness increases by the amount specified in the effect’s description. A creature suffers the effect of its current level of drunkenness as well as all lower levels.

    An effect that removes drunkenness reduces its level as specified in the effect’s description, with all effects ending if a creature’s drunkenness level is reduced below 1. Each hour that passes reduces a creature’s drunkenness by 1 level. Moreover, finishing a long rest drops a creature’s drunkenness to 0. If the creature's drunkenness level was 5 or higher, they instead suffer the poisoned condition (as well as a blinding headache) for 4 hours.

    Level ---- Effect
    1 ---- A pleasant buzz fills your head
    2 ---- Passive Perception drops by 5
    3 ---- Coordination wanes: Disadvantage on Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution checks
    4 ---- Words slur: Disadvantage of Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma checks
    5 ---- Poor balance: Disadvantage on attack rolls and saving throws
    6 ---- Speed halved
    7 ---- Attacks against you have advantage
    8 ---- Falling Over: Unless leaning against something, you fall prone at the end of your turn.
    9 ---- Vomiting: For 1 minute, you spend your action each turn retching. After this time, your drunkenness level drops by 1.
    10 ---- Unconsciousness, until the following morning

    Owenn, with Faber in tow, journey to the shadows of Sharn. As they pass street-merchants and hustlers they finally arrive at The Second Chance. This former theater, now a "temple", carries a certain glamor. Its gold paint has started to crack and its red carpets tear at their seams. Goblins, Halflings, Humans, and others sit on the old pews and quietly pray to themselves. At the front of the "temple" is Aldritch Lode, a Dwarven charlatan who runs this establishment.

    7z5ybfD.png

    "But by the grace of the Sovereign Host are we all judged and forgiven. But some of us are forgiven a bit quicker when we might show generosity towards the pious. We humble servants here at The Second Chance ask you to look deep inside yourselves, in your hearts, in your minds, in your wallets, and ask what can you offer to the Sovereign Host so that they might be so inclined to look upon you!?!?"

    Aldritch Lode finishes his regular spiel as he sees a familiar face enter his establishment.

    "Owenn Kemble, you son of a bitch!!!" A group of older Gnomish women gasp at their priest's language. Aldritch dances by them, "Judge a man not by his words but by his actions, ladies!" He approaches you, "I got your message. The Lord of Blades? That maniac would never set foot in Sharn but his agents? Yeah, I've heard of some tick-tocks," he then recognizes Faber in company, "My apologies... Some Warforged have been passing coins around town, looking for hired hands. I've heard a group of Shifters have signed on as muscle. Owenn, what the hell are you embroiled in?"

    Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    see317CelloSneaks
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    OoC oh we're sending half the party for that? I thought we just wanted one or maybe two people?

    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    OoC oh we're sending half the party for that? I thought we just wanted one or maybe two people?

    OoC turns out lots of people volunteered for the "hang out at the bar" part of the mission. Who would have guessed?

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    Cello
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    edited July 1
    OoC Zed's volunteering was explicitly contingent on nobody else/better qualified being interested in the job...

    ...sorry, this is not a playstyle I'm familiar with. I'm still adjusting

    Tox on
    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    @Tox, would you like Zed to be elsewhere then? I can edit the post and send him elsewhere?

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    It's fine I'm just finding the play style confusing and still trying to adjust

    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    Gator strikes up a low-stakes game of Three-Dragon Ante, buying ale and beer for their fellow players but not indulging in alcohol themselves. Gator also makes sure to leave a tip for the bartender after every drink ordered.

  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    As Gator makes the order, Pierce is sure to call "Your finest ale, please, barkeep! We have had a long night, filled with glorious battles and free accommodations from a grateful Watch, and have built quite the thirst!"

    Pierce quickly forgets about keeping an eye to the room as her competitive drive kicks in, aiming solely to win at cards.

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited 3:07AM
    Zonugal wrote: »
    "Owenn Kemble, you son of a bitch!!!" A group of older Gnomish women gasp at their priest's language. Aldritch dances by them, "Judge a man not by his words but by his actions, ladies!" He approaches you, "I got your message. The Lord of Blades? That maniac would never set foot in Sharn but his agents? Yeah, I've heard of some tick-tocks," he then recognizes Faber in company, "My apologies... Some Warforged have been passing coins around town, looking for hired hands. I've heard a group of Shifters have signed on as muscle. Owenn, what the hell are you embroiled in?"

    “You don’t wanna know,” Owenn said, looking taking in Aldrich’s setup. The dwarf had always been good at drawing a crowd for street con games, but this… Owenn tried to tell himself that it wasn’t really that much different from fleecing passers-by with an ‘easy’ card game. It was not a convincing lie. “Quite an… establishment you have here.”

    Sneaks at
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Faber barely flinches at the gnomes use of "Tick Tocks", he's been called worse. And, judging by the worn surroundings and general atmosphere of hopeful despair from his congregation, he's fairly certain he's been called worse by better.
    "Perhaps we should share the knowledge of our current... enterprise? If we were observed coming here, it may mean trouble for your friend. And the longer we spend here batting around imprecise language and double entendres, the more likely any observers are to draw a ...potentially dangerous... conclusion."

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited 3:48AM
    see317 wrote: »
    "Perhaps we should share the knowledge of our current... enterprise? If we were observed coming here, it may mean trouble for your friend. And the longer we spend here batting around imprecise language and double entendres, the more likely any observers are to draw a ...potentially dangerous... conclusion."

    Owenn responded with a noncommittal “Hmm,” then said to Aldrich, “I’ve got a couple follow-up questions, Ald, but some privacy wouldn’t go amiss.”

    When Aldrich returned his attention to his congregation—excusing himself to them with florid prose—Owenn hopped onto the nearest pew. It didn’t put him level with Faber’s ear, but it got him close enough to murmur discreetly. “Aldrich’d sell his mother to anyone willing to buy, and give her up to anyone willing to knock his teeth out. He’s helped me out of a few jams, but nothing we tell him is privileged.

    “But I’ll warn him that we’re dealing with killers, here. Don’t know if he’d be willing to walk away from what looks like the biggest scam he’s ever pulled off, but I’ll warn him.”

    Sneaks at
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited 4:17AM
    Cello wrote: »
    As Gator makes the order, Pierce is sure to call "Your finest ale, please, barkeep! We have had a long night, filled with glorious battles and free accommodations from a grateful Watch, and have built quite the thirst!"

    Pierce quickly forgets about keeping an eye to the room as her competitive drive kicks in, aiming solely to win at cards.

    Gonna need a Constitution saving throw for every drink Pierce has as well as a Gaming Set (Playing Cards) [you get to add your highest mental stat modifier to the roll] check to see who wins at the card game.

    Zonugal at
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Sneaks wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    "Perhaps we should share the knowledge of our current... enterprise? If we were observed coming here, it may mean trouble for your friend. And the longer we spend here batting around imprecise language and double entendres, the more likely any observers are to draw a ...potentially dangerous... conclusion."

    Owenn responded with a noncommittal “Hmm,” then said to Aldrich, “I’ve got a couple follow-up questions, Ald, but some privacy wouldn’t go amiss.”

    When Aldrich returned his attention to his congregation—excusing himself to them with florid prose—Owenn hopped onto the nearest pew. It didn’t put him level with Faber’s ear, but it got him close enough to murmur discreetly. “Aldrich’d sell his mother to anyone willing to buy, and give her up to anyone willing to knock his teeth out. He’s helped me out of a few jams, but nothing we tell him is privileged.

    “But I’ll warn him that we’re dealing with killers, here. Don’t know if he’d be willing to walk away from what looks like the biggest scam he’s ever pulled off, but I’ll warn him.”

    Faber likewise lowers his voice to a murmur.
    "Aldritch already knows that you, and now me, are tied into something dangerous involving the Lord of Blades. He knows where you can be found. It seems unlikely that any further details we can provide will make him a greater threat to you, or the rest of us. We can leave out mention of the journal, but letting him know that we're dealing with suicidal, homicidal Warforged on a mission may convince him that it would be in his own best interest to avoid getting involved.
    ...Well, further involved.
    ...Hopefully it will be sufficient to convince him not to seek out buyers for this information."

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    edited 8:13AM
    Trying to keep his head down, Zed keeps his distance from his partners, starting by ordering coffee and whatever food they have on special or recommendation ((OoC: assuming they serve food, otherwise just coffee)).

    OoC Command: If he hear's anybody speaking Draconic, he'll give them a closer to look to see if they are familiar or otherwise seem worth interacting with, otherwise he'll just hold the table and nurse his coffee, let his eyes and ears wander for anything of note. ((Perception?))

    Tox at
    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    OOC:

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for the Constitution Saving Throw

    Geth roll 1d20+0 to win the game

    the Constitution Saving Throw:
    1d20+2 14 [1d20=12]
    to win the game:
    1d20+0 3 [1d20=3]

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    edited 3:02PM
    OOC: Geth, roll 1d20+3 for playing cards with Wisdom

    edit: sigh

    jdarksun at
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    OOC: Gator plays cards but does not drink.

    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for playing cards with Wisdom

    playing cards with Wisdom:
    1d20+3 4 [1d20=1]

    CelloZonugal
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    OOC: maybe Gator and Pierce should go pro at card gaming?

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
Sign In or Register to comment.