As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Geth next time pick a better user to make a new [chat]

1919293949597»

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Hmm my father in law has moved beyond what we might call the usual levels of conservative racism

radical racism?

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    As an anarchist, I don't endorse a hierarchy of art restorations.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    They just announced that our work from home would be extended through Labor day, and we've been working from home since February.

I volunteered as tribute to go into the office a few days a week. I can't handle this at home work anymore.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    They just announced that our work from home would be extended through Labor day, and we've been working from home since February.

I volunteered as tribute to go into the office a few days a week. I can't handle this at home work anymore.

labor day lol
    so early

poo
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

i was making fun of this yesterday but then i clicked on their site and they sell BALL DEODORANT and now i'm all in

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Hmm my father in law has moved beyond what we might call the usual levels of conservative racism

I'm seeing a lot of that with people as the whole pandemic thing mixes with the protests.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    double post

amateurhour on
  • Options
    that was weird.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    AH you've gone mad with power

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Today I’m recommending finding out about random shit on the internet, listening to music, and talking to your parents. I was wasting time yesterday and found this

Fun little fact. Somewhere in the comments was this song, Guevara is Dead.

https://youtu.be/ZwnX-jENdGs

Didn’t have many views, but it was pretty, both heartfelt and in parts sarcastic, and a beautiful tribute (also 12 minutes long, like many other Egyptian songs of that era). I thought my dad would like it, but also might have heard it, so I sent it to him asking if he heard of Sheikh Imam. He told me to come visit when I had the time.

After taking my run this morning I dropped by, and he told me while Imam did sing the song, it was written by his frequent collaborator Fouad Negm. And then gave me a book of his collected poetry!

l2k294S_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

10/10, would browse the internet again.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I'm looking through that Pepsi thing and it is so extravagantly pretentious to such an unhinged degree that I refuse to believe that drugs weren't involved

it gets just incoherently grandiose by the end

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

labor day lol
    so early

The CLT office is following New York's lead on opening because why have a policy that makes sense. We're also bailing on our current leased space in September to go back to offices and cubes.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I mean, does a person really need to do art restoration. I’m pretty sure we can replace the...
    cbh53batoyfl.png
    ...Furniture restorer with a machine.

zepherin on
  • Options
    Will NYC offices ever go back to "normal"

i feel like the open office is a hard sell now. People hated them anyways

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    e2am5064exgx.png

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Is art restoration disaster problem entirely localized to Spain?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

The one deserving victim of Covid 19.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Dad's work spent TENS OF BILLIONS of dollars implementing open office space across their locations. Going so far as to construct whole new buildings.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Fuck open offices and fuck the middle management Excel time sheet nazis who pushed for them to be a thing.

• Options
    I just miss putting on human clothes and going to a job.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Fuck open offices and fuck the middle management Excel time sheet nazis who pushed for them to be a thing.

?

the push is wholly from the top down
    all about reducing sqft and real estate costs

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    I kinda miss my commute honestly

it kept me from being a total slug

• Options

Are...

Are you not working and wearing... dog clothes?

• Options
    I'm wearing gym shorts?

• Options
    I don’t miss anything, I hit bullseye

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »

?

You can reduce square footage and still have, I dunno, inch thick dividers to give people some privacy.

The idea of an open office is not just a floor plan, but the ability to visibly see every single person. And it's the fucking worst.

• Options

Are...

I'm working from home and my shorts and t-shirts smell like my dogs

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

Are...

A tiny jumper that keeps your genitals on display

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

We're trying to sublet the floors we have in the bigger building because pretty much everyone there was within six feet of 10 other people. I was looking forward to working there when I was visiting NY. It's a beautiful space.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    they're good dogs, bront

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

I'm seeing a lot of that with people as the whole pandemic thing mixes with the protests.

Yeah it seems to be that and the riots that have pushed him over. Hes taken to posting photos of high profile victims of the cops and writing "X days drug free"

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am probably wfh for the rest of the year (I can do it no problem, I am high risk, my company and the government don't want to roll the dice).

I miss some things like being able to quickly talk over a problem and such. I kind of miss Halal Guys for lunch. In general just kind of how much easier it is to talk through issues and such with people on the fly.

But I don't miss my commute, either via train or car. I don't miss the Pentagon and the shitty 1980's cubes. I don't miss getting up at 6:30 am to get ready. I don't miss getting home at 6 before I can walk the dog or feed myself.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Aioua wrote: »

?

Yup. Middle management doesn't have anywhere near that type of power and the people that do don't give a fart what they think.
    Source am middle management

• Options
    #notallmiddlemangement?

• Options
    The one concrete issue with WFH I’ve noticed for us is due to how few we are and how many things we’re juggling at the same time, not sitting together means a lot gets between the chairs. That aspect has been very stressful.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was speeding through space at warp 0.9

@Tav will create the new thread
    @nexuscrawler is backup

This discussion has been closed.