As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    oh yeah theres a 25million shaper ignite dps doryanis touch build out there but i cant be bothered to make the effort rn

but believe in its majesty

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Had a productive day; Found an Ex, Beat Kitava & Merciless Lab, then started on maps and got an Enlighten Support. :+1:

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    EQ Champion continues to slam away. Started a run of red maps to build up a pool, T12-14. Not too shabby. Only really have to watch for Baran-influenced maps with extra proj, cause Baran is stupid. But if I always stutterstep-attack, I can usually space out the incoming damage. There was that one T12 though...
    Shaper Influenced
    Baran-Influenced
    Harbinger
    Delirium
    Metamorph
    Abyss Cracks
    Crit & Crit Multi
    Turbo

Enduring Cry, take the wheel.

Shockwave gone from links, in favour of Blood Magic. Blood Magic was also added to all the rest of my active skill links except Blood Rage. This lets my reservation setup be: Herald of Purity, Summon Skitterbots, Blasphemy (Vulnerability), War Banner (Free). Now I just need to find a 6L Marohi, no big deal.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I feel like I would have enjoyed slams a lot more had I gone Chieftain or Jugg, rather than trying to make Berzerker work. I've actually been toying with trying to switch to a DW zerker for that character, but right now I'm having fun with all the meaty explosion noises you get from VD spellslinger.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    a nu start wrote: »
    New guy update: switched to a Magma Orb and I'm doing way more damage. However, everything is still oneshot-ing me 8-). Current M.O. is continuous respawns to tickle the bosses to death.

If you post your build, we can try and see if there is something we can help with.

Step 1: More health. It's like 1.3k Health and 900 Energy Shield. Criminally low, I'm sure.

I mean, I did beat Act 10 with it though, so there's that. If there's a preferred way to share a build I can.

The easiest way is to link your character from the official site, like this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/beards/characters Just make sure to let us know what character we are supposed to be looking at.

But also, you're right. 1.3k health is sort of terrifying low for maps. Part of that is likely low/non existent life rolls on your gear, but it would also help to see what sort of +% life passive you took on the tree. Additional to health/ES, its important to have 75% in all three elemental resistances.

Really the only character there.
    https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/z1369/characters?characterName=pizzaemoji

The best defense is lots and lots of fireballs. Already changed a few things around, like getting rid of that level 4 gloves I was keeping around because I liked the sockets. Now I can mostly survive a map now as long as there's no trickeration going on.

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    New guy update: switched to a Magma Orb and I'm doing way more damage. However, everything is still oneshot-ing me 8-). Current M.O. is continuous respawns to tickle the bosses to death.

If you post your build, we can try and see if there is something we can help with.

Step 1: More health. It's like 1.3k Health and 900 Energy Shield. Criminally low, I'm sure.

I mean, I did beat Act 10 with it though, so there's that. If there's a preferred way to share a build I can.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/beards/characters Just make sure to let us know what character we are supposed to be looking at.

But also, you're right. 1.3k health is sort of terrifying low for maps. Part of that is likely low/non existent life rolls on your gear, but it would also help to see what sort of +% life passive you took on the tree. Additional to health/ES, its important to have 75% in all three elemental resistances.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/z1369/characters?characterName=pizzaemoji

The best defense is lots and lots of fireballs. Already changed a few things around, like getting rid of that level 4 gloves I was keeping around because I liked the sockets. Now I can mostly survive a map now as long as there's no trickeration going on.

Couple of real quick thoughts, there are definitely a couple of nodes on your tree you shouldn't need. The two mana and life regeneration nodes seem like they should either be enough to cover your regen, or you should drop them, so if you aren't using your mana flask, fine, but if you are, respec them, cause they aren't doing much of a favor there. You have a couple of Increased Mana/Reduced Mana cost gems towards the bottom there that seem like you don't particularly need them. Divine Fervor provides you with basically nothing, since Magma Orb is not a melee attack. There are a couple of loose +Intelligence nodes that you don't need unless you are trying to get somewhere, but if not go ahead and respec them, you don't need the Int. The +30 Str node isn't necessary for what you currently have equipped. If you grab the 5% life node at the beginning of your tree, you can drop the Int nodes that go around the side, you can grab the life nodes just below the Magma Orb threshold jewel, finish up the other couple of life wheels you've taken some of the nodes on. That'll get you to close to 2k life with a couple of points to spare.

Flasks, you should try roll Seething/Bubbling Divine Life Flask. I usually go with Staunching, Heat is also good. Just stick it in your crafting table and hit it with an alteration orb until it the first word reads Seething/Bubbling. This gives you a big chunk of life instantly, cause sometimes waiting 7 seconds for your life flask to trickle in just won't cut it. Hybrid flasks are usually skipped in favor of a life or mana flask. It just loses so much in potency for its ability to cover both that it ends up doing neither well. Instead, pick up a quicksilver, it grants 40% movespeed duration during its effect, which is great.

And life rolls. You should have +life or +resist on pretty much every piece of gear. This is a little harder if you aren't trading, but should still be manageable, especially in this league where you can roll +life and other things in the Harvest crafter.

Edit: Also, none of these are required changes, obviously. If you are having fun with it, then enjoy it.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Maybe everyone is past this part or already knows but holy crap you can get a 5 link in trade for an alch. And here I have been struggling with a four link for acts like a sucker.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited June 2020
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Maybe everyone is past this part or already knows but holy crap you can get a 5 link in trade for an alch. And here I have been struggling with a four link for acts like a sucker.

Yeah, Harvest has made linking pretty much trivially easy.

Edit: Unless you want to link something right now, in which case it never pops for you when you want/need it, and the moment you just buy something better on trade the craft will show up for you.

Brody on

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

also corrupted 6links can be surprisingly good value too if u know ur socket requirements

can get u almost the whole way thru the endgame if u find a decent one and people often drop them in just for a little over the cost of a divine which is pretty cheap early

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular

Couple of real quick thoughts, there are definitely a couple of nodes on your tree you shouldn't need. The two mana and life regeneration nodes seem like they should either be enough to cover your regen, or you should drop them, so if you aren't using your mana flask, fine, but if you are, respec them, cause they aren't doing much of a favor there. You have a couple of Increased Mana/Reduced Mana cost gems towards the bottom there that seem like you don't particularly need them. Divine Fervor provides you with basically nothing, since Magma Orb is not a melee attack. There are a couple of loose +Intelligence nodes that you don't need unless you are trying to get somewhere, but if not go ahead and respec them, you don't need the Int. The +30 Str node isn't necessary for what you currently have equipped. If you grab the 5% life node at the beginning of your tree, you can drop the Int nodes that go around the side, you can grab the life nodes just below the Magma Orb threshold jewel, finish up the other couple of life wheels you've taken some of the nodes on. That'll get you to close to 2k life with a couple of points to spare.

Flasks, you should try roll Seething/Bubbling Divine Life Flask. I usually go with Staunching, Heat is also good. Just stick it in your crafting table and hit it with an alteration orb until it the first word reads Seething/Bubbling. This gives you a big chunk of life instantly, cause sometimes waiting 7 seconds for your life flask to trickle in just won't cut it. Hybrid flasks are usually skipped in favor of a life or mana flask. It just loses so much in potency for its ability to cover both that it ends up doing neither well. Instead, pick up a quicksilver, it grants 40% movespeed duration during its effect, which is great.

And life rolls. You should have +life or +resist on pretty much every piece of gear. This is a little harder if you aren't trading, but should still be manageable, especially in this league where you can roll +life and other things in the Harvest crafter.

Edit: Also, none of these are required changes, obviously. If you are having fun with it, then enjoy it.

Thanks for the info. Some of it was left over based on old equipment I was using while leveling up. Like I still had Avatar of Fire even though I didn't have any non-Fire damage anyway. It's always good to get insight on a good balance of stats/skills/equipment especially for a game with so much stuff going on.

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    I finally hit maps. Went back to SSF and Vortex Occultist *now with wintertide brand. I pretty much hated SS/VD while leveling but I'm guessing once you get Necro cast speed upgrade it probably feels much better. I'll stick with the old beloved build until SSF does its thing and drops me something I want to play with.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    Looking at Ziz's SS/VD build, it seems like it's relying on pretty much just max block with glancing blows on cwdt and a big EHP pool? I feel like my health dips a ton constantly, to even just a stiff breeze.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Looking at Ziz's SS/VD build, it seems like it's relying on pretty much just max block with glancing blows on cwdt and a big EHP pool? I feel like my health dips a ton constantly, to even just a stiff breeze.

bone offering and essence glutton should keep you healthy, but keep in mind it's still not tanky, just tankier than other caster builds

the idea is that you can get hit once but keep moving cause your corpse balls are seeking

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Guys

Enduring Cry is broken good. Use it before they nerf it.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited June 2020

It's also using constant enduring cry, which as we just covered, is really insane. Then to top it off, you're killing packs quickly so you can keep several defensive flasks up almost all the time. I'm only in yellow maps with the build but haven't had any survivability issues yet. I've also embraced the smoke mine lifestyle, which gives a really nice AoE blind.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Guys

Enduring Cry is broken good. Use it before they nerf it.

Use a combo of Enduring Cry, CWDT Immortal Call level 20, and Enduring Composure. Stack up on endurance charges.

Shit is absolutely redonk.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Is Enduring Cry good enough to throw on non-str based builds?

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Ratsult2 wrote: »

Yep.

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    I've got it linked up to second wind, and it makes me happy. Definitely great for labs and trials!

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Especially if you can grab the instant node, it's basically a free health flask, with a little extra defence on top.

• Options
    I wish there was a concise of what sort of damage mods you can get on various armor/jewelry pieces. Every time I work on figuring out gear, I end up spending forever trying to figure out if there are any good mods you can get, and then give up and just look for life/resists.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Poedb can handle that.

Go here: https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php , select the item type you want to look at and it'll list every available mod by source and prefix/suffix as well as tiers on a drop down.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options

Especially if you can grab the instant node, it's basically a free health flask, with a little extra defence on top.

Use it to generate endurance charges, use Enduring Composure to maintain them, use IC to become basically invincible, rinse and repeat.

Add Fortify to that and it's all over.

I might do a Scion spin impale build with that mechanic because haha holy shit is it good.

• Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    Poedb can handle that.

Go here: https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php , select the item type you want to look at and it'll list every available mod by source and prefix/suffix as well as tiers on a drop down.

Right, I have a tab for that open. I guess my thought is, it would be helpful if I'm building an eg Slam character, what useful mods, besides life/resist, are usually available on gloves. I know that I can sort through the list on poedb, but with the big ass list of mods, 90% of which are useless for said character, I have a hard time actually picking out things that will be useful. (This may have been a bad example, because there are a lot of options in this case, depending on influence type etc)

I know a lot of youtube builds try and go through important mods on various pieces, but its really hard to keep rewinding and listening through a specific part of a video over and over when I'm trying to build a "count" search parameter on the trade site. Having a written list of mods I could open in a second window to reference real easy would just be real nice.

• Options
    Poedb can handle that.

Right, I have a tab for that open. I guess my thought is, it would be helpful if I'm building an eg Slam character, what useful mods, besides life/resist, are usually available on gloves. I know that I can sort through the list on poedb, but with the big ass list of mods, 90% of which are useless for said character, I have a hard time actually picking out things that will be useful. (This may have been a bad example, because there are a lot of options in this case, depending on influence type etc)

I know a lot of youtube builds try and go through important mods on various pieces, but its really hard to keep rewinding and listening through a specific part of a video over and over when I'm trying to build a "count" search parameter on the trade site. Having a written list of mods I could open in a second window to reference real easy would just be real nice.

Are we talking basic ones like flat damage add mods, or more esoteric ones like curse on hit suffixes?

• Options
    Poedb can handle that.

Are we talking basic ones like flat damage add mods, or more esoteric ones like curse on hit suffixes?

The more basic ones. I get that every build is going to have weird niche shit that fits specific shit for it. But like, belts, did you know that they can roll %global [element] damage? I sure as shit didn't, because its buried so deep in the poedb that I've never noticed it before. (not that I can afford one right now anyways, holy shit)

And also, partly, I'm just whinging.

• Options
    Poedb can handle that.

The more basic ones. I get that every build is going to have weird niche shit that fits specific shit for it. But like, belts, did you know that they can roll %global [element] damage? I sure as shit didn't, because its buried so deep in the poedb that I've never noticed it before. (not that I can afford one right now anyways, holy shit)

And also, partly, I'm just whinging.

Basic stuff

Everything can roll increased elemental except boots and helmets, I think.

Flat damage is gloves and jewelry.

Everything can roll health, mana, and ES

Belts can roll mainstats that fit with their "type" (i.e. crystal belts can roll int, leather rolls str)

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Still sane, exile?

055wrftnbwc9.jpg

(I bought a comparable Devoto's for 9c almost immediately following this exchange)

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Trade in this game is garbage and I'm glad I try to avoid it as much as possible.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Eh, until today my trade experience this league has been pretty uniformly positive. But yeah, every once in awhile...

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Trade in this game is garbage and I'm glad I try to avoid it as much as possible.

Just reading that spiked my blood pressure

This is why I play SSF

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Yeah, overall I think it's not too bad. I went SSF to start this league, and it was cool! It's definitely a different way of thinking about the game, and not having to think about prices and stuff is kind of liberating. But I love Tabulas, so I started farming blood aqueducts for some cards. I got 5 in like 15 runs, and felt great! Theeeen I got 0 in 20 runs, and I hated Chris Wilson for rigging the game against me. I finally realized I would have waaaaay more fun by just paying 6 chaos for the 4 cards I needed. The first person I messaged immediately responded, and I saved myself 4+ hours of misery.

I've never had any hostile encounters while trading before. It's kind of stunning saying that with just how terrible the internet is in general. You definitely have to get used to sending messages and not getting a response, but the solution to that is generally to just scroll down the page and see how quickly the price gradient for the item jumps. If 4 things are listed as 4 chaos, and the next 50 are 5, then you're probably going to have a better time just messaging someone selling it for 5. It's not perfect, and if you trade a lot you're probably going to run into a couple items that are just frustrating to buy, but overall I think the system does work well.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RightfulSinRightfulSin Registered User regular
    Ok... So I have been messing around with earth shatter on some duelist I made. Any advice or link for a build centered on that skill that is not too crazy in price/buttons? Thanks.

"If nothing is impossible, than would it not be impossible to find something that you could not do?" - Me
  • Options
    I don't have many bad trades, but I'd prefer something easier anyway

• Options
    my favourite part of trading is when i send 20 whispers in a row and not a single one is responded to EXTREMELY good

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Every so often someone just wanders in and loots your open portals too unless you make your hideout impossible to traverse which is clearly annoying for everyone else.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Every so often someone just wanders in and loots your open portals too unless you make your hideout impossible to traverse which is clearly annoying for everyone else.

They added an option this patch to make your hideout portals only useable by you didn't they?

Characters
  • Options
    Well that's the first time I've ever had The Anticipation drop in a regular map from an Uul-Netol breach.

Think that's the new all-time single most valuable item drop I've had now in POE at 5.5ex. Though I did have a Shav's drop before, but I can't remember what I sold it for. Don't think it was more than 5 ex though.

Characters
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »

They added an option this patch to make your hideout portals only useable by you didn't they?

Took me a minute to find it, you need to go into hideout edit mode, click on the Decorations icon, and at the bottom of that tab are some hideout/party options.

• Options
    Welp, I finally saved up enough to buy a Shavs. Unfortunately, I was using poe.ninja to check prices instead of the trade site (easier to see actual value), and didn't notice that the Shavs I was saving up for was the 6 link version. I could have had a Shavs and 5 linked it much, much earlier.

On the plus side, going low life and getting a bunch more auras at the same time you go from 5 link to 6 link is a MASSIVE power increase.