As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I should probably save up and replace Searing Touch with a nice 1 hand/shield, and I definitely need to make some maybe big cuts to my tree, especially with jewel clusters providing a lot of damage for ignite builds.

This is what I've got now. BrodyXII is my what I'm working on.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Beards/characters

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Monsters in formations during Heists now stagger the timing of their attacks, such that they're not all using their attacks at the same time.
    oh thank god
    hopefully this basically gets rid of the instagibbing

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Well, alt-itis has made itself present, and I'm about to start Act V on a Blade fall Blade Blast Chieftan. It was a little slow getting out the gate, but has otherwise been pretty good just trucking along. My resists are kind of garbage, but I have so much life I mostly just don't care.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    We nerfed the absolute shit out of Heist because we overturned it

thank god

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Well, alt-itis has made itself present, and I'm about to start Act V on a Blade fall Blade Blast Chieftan. It was a little slow getting out the gate, but has otherwise been pretty good just trucking along. My resists are kind of garbage, but I have so much life I mostly just don't care.

Nugiyen built one of these in Harvest that I want to try out at some point. 9k life, all the endurance charges, a zillion damage. Seems good.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options

Nugiyen built one of these in Harvest that I want to try out at some point. 9k life, all the endurance charges, a zillion damage. Seems good.

Ziz did a level with me for it, which I found very helpful, especially since Marauder sucks for leveling a caster.

• Options
    Yeah Marauder caster is a labor of love. It helps to have leveling gear. Even just a pair of Lifesprigs is a huge boost to quality of life.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Yeah, they were a little pricy, but I grabbed a pair of +1 phys gem wands, and those help so much.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Man heists are just a waste of time now.

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Whats the matter with them now?

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Whats the matter with them now?

I admit I dont have the best gear on my fellow burglars but in grand hiests you can open just a few big chests before you are almost maxed out and so the dozen+ regular chests are just unopened now. The mobs still have a significant multiplier of tank over similar level mobs from maps and a huge divisor on the xp gained. And the loot is less in the dozen or so grand hiests ive run so far.

The market is already crashed for common items so the people who got the now much rarer big items are way far ahead again etc.

I am always a proponent of play what you like and i will probably still do some more as there is the chance at a big replica but they swung way far the other way. And the more annoying bugs are still there like your mind control guy sitting there until the guy he has mind controlled dies before he will work and other similar bugs with the other guys.

Lots of fixing left to do.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    u can spectre heist mobs now hurrah

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    yeah i get why they had to nerf the shit out of it

ive made like 35 ex the last few days just jamming heists, doing chaos recipe, selling all the extra currencies that dropped

exalts have been like 80-90c all week which is fairly low too, i expect them to go up

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Today I:

-had an existential crisis when a 5link 6 socket Carcass Jack dropped in Heist for my Cold DoT Trickster still running a 4 link. I lost 500 evasion 23 chaos res and 100 life for a large amount of damage, and it makes my SSF hardcore self extremely nervous

-leveraged that all res upgrade into a couple other minor upgrades so I'm running 5700 life 1800 ES and 5k evasion without flasks. And 55 chaos res after nervously running a bunch of Jun missions to unlock the hybrid crafts.

-had 2 exalts drop so that's a multimod sorted if I need it

Still making atlas progression into yellow maps. Have 1 lab trial to go and I feel pretty safe to go right at Izaro as soon as I get it. Still need a couple big upgrades but the build is coming along nicely. Next big project is to start stockpiling ES gear for the eventual CI respec.

One minor problem I have with Heist is that it's extremely hard to pick up gear to just ID at the end, because so much shit drops. This is mostly an issue due to SSF, it means that time spent Heisting is time not spent rolling the dice on ID scrolls. On the other hand I have enough mixed currency to alt-regal or scour-alch some good bases, an entire stash tab of cluster jewels, and countless other goodies.

Heist is still pretty good. It seems easier to roll a good chunk of alert level reduction on contracts, between that and some rogue gear and knowing when to go for reward chests vs just opening the small boxes you can get a lot of value out of them. Maybe not trade value, but the liberating thing about SSF is you engage with an item strictly in how much utility it has to you, and not whether you should just leave everything on the ground that isn't immediately above an arbitrary price.

Would be nice if the small boxes were more like Delve chests and some of them had indicators about what you might find. Maybe not so strictly set, but if the 5 types weren't just based on tileset and instead pulled from a pool of outcomes with overlapping results you could be a little more tactical about what you open. Now that it's typically impossible to get all of them opened in a single contract it seems sensible to give the player some kind of hint.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular

He was playing one of these this league, though I want to say he was Assassin this time. Almost made me want to hop in this league with it.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »

He was playing one of these this league, though I want to say he was Assassin this time. Almost made me want to hop in this league with it.

I'm sure Assassin would be easier for the first ~30 levels, and probably has a higher DPS cap, but chieftan should be basically unkillable, which will be nice. If I went assassin, I'd almost rather go CoC or spellslinger bladeblast.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020

I'm sure Assassin would be easier for the first ~30 levels, and probably has a higher DPS cap, but chieftan should be basically unkillable, which will be nice. If I went assassin, I'd almost rather go CoC or spellslinger bladeblast.

Oh I completely forgot. He's doing Poison BF/BB, that's why it's not Chieftain. That's what appealed to me, since I love me some poison builds.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options

Oh I completely forgot. He's doing Poison BF/BB, that's why it's not Chieftain. That's what appealed to me, since I love me some poison builds.

I missed that he put together an Assassin version. He's usually reliable at making things HC tanky and I'll be interested to see what kind of content he's doing with it.

The weird thing about assassin is a good chunk of its defensive kit is tied to clearing packs of enemies quickly, but it also provides gigantic single target boss damage whether you go crit or poison. If you're familiar enough with bosses to Not Get Hit it is an excellent bossing ascendancy, otherwise it's pretty risky in HC. It absolutely cruises through maps when built right though.

I like the Chieftain because it can have solid defense in any encounter. Walking around with 9k life and an entourage of endurance charges makes it real hard to die

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options

I missed that he put together an Assassin version. He's usually reliable at making things HC tanky and I'll be interested to see what kind of content he's doing with it.

The weird thing about assassin is a good chunk of its defensive kit is tied to clearing packs of enemies quickly, but it also provides gigantic single target boss damage whether you go crit or poison. If you're familiar enough with bosses to Not Get Hit it is an excellent bossing ascendancy, otherwise it's pretty risky in HC. It absolutely cruises through maps when built right though.

I like the Chieftain because it can have solid defense in any encounter. Walking around with 9k life and an entourage of endurance charges makes it real hard to die

I cleared the first Shavronne deathless with like 4% lightning resist. I realise it's not the most amazing thing ever, but I was pretty excited to have managed it.

• Options

I cleared the first Shavronne deathless with like 4% lightning resist. I realise it's not the most amazing thing ever, but I was pretty excited to have managed it.

You are a brave soul

I feel like a Veil of the Night challenge run through the campaign would be incredible

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular

I picked this back up again around the time metamorph league; so I’d say almost a year now. This play through is the first time ever that I haven’t died to Piety in act 4 or innocence in act 5 or the brine king. Some of it has to do with keeping my resists maxed for a change, but I’m finally remembering the things they do. Kitava got me though. He one shot me twice.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    piety got mega-buffed

she is scarier than malachai now

• Options
    If there's a PA guild, can I get invited? My current character's name is ChowsTheory.

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    I invited you Penumbra

• Options
    It's funny how ridiculously over the cap my fire resists are right now, mostly because of Chieftain. I definitely need to work on other parts of my defense, like armor, and chaos resist, but at 217% fire res, I think I'm good for fire resist.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    What are people favoriting this league? I think I'm settling on this.

T14
    Glennach Cairns - Acid Caverns
    Lex Ejoris - Siege
    Tirn's End - Desert Spring
    Valdo's Rest - Pier

T15
    Haewark Hamlet - Burial Chambers
    Lira Arthain - Primordial Blocks

T16
    Lex Proxima - Lair
    New Vastir - Crystal Ore

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I absent mindedly forgot about the harbor instance bug and ported back after 1/3 grand heists wings.

Don't do that! Hopefully they fix that soon.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    I'm annoyed because I feel like ignite trickster is more fun to just drop Armageddon brands and run around with brand recall on left click, but also bb sounds so great, and chieftain is basically immortal. Maybe I should spilt the difference and run some specters

• Options
    My spellslinger Cont/ED trickster is going great. There is something so incredibly satisfying about right clicking once and having an entire screen of mobs just die. Level 72 and I’m having a blast.

The game wants me to return to my necromancer roots though. I’ve gotten 3 necromancer uniques so far. But I’m going to stick with the trickster until I hit the wall and start hating on maps.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Even better is when you sprint through that pack as ED is going off and start to pull the next pack... which chains the Contagion to that group. You get enough move speed and you can clear multiple screens with one ED+Cont. With how the light mechanics work in Delve, it is especially good for this.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    today was a good day for farming

the casual 500k totem tooltip

ZmVuLhM.png

some good boss killing

qV5hdZ8.png

XtkUVwX.png

which means

doc 6
    GFP0Onc.png

and doc 7 in the same day!

aJWIRFd.png

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I did a twinned Dunes map today and each boss dropped a Cortex. That was pretty surreal.
    And yesterday during a heist I slapped two div card large chests really quickly because the first one engaged lockdown, and I went and got the target and returned to the card room and noticed I don't have a unique loot filter for Brother's Stash. That has since been remedied.

My Facebreaker Champion Warchief build isn't listing as much dps as yours, because I use impale, though I can spike it up to 550k in the tooltip if I have full frenzies, vaal haste and vaal warchief up. I've always felt an affinity for totem smashy bois and I'm glad Champion is viable for it.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I think that reference to the Burbs is my favorite thing about Path of Exile.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I think that reference to the Burbs is my favorite thing about Path of Exile.

I wanna kill

ev-ery-one

Sirus is good

Sirus is our pal

• Options
    Oh, Frawrst, quick tip that I only discovered for my Chieftains on Sunday: Anomalous Ruthless gives .5% attack speed per quality and is way better than default Ruthless for totems. I grabbed a 14% for 10c, they should still be commensurately cheap.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    What's the general flow of the over world heist mechanic supposed to be? I occasional get marker drops from some mobs and by the start of act 3 I've seen a couple smuggler caches that drop contracts but there doesn't seem to be a league thing every zone like normal. Am I supposed to be mainly buying contracts with markers?

• Options
    Carpy wrote: »
    What's the general flow of the over world heist mechanic supposed to be? I occasional get marker drops from some mobs and by the start of act 3 I've seen a couple smuggler caches that drop contracts but there doesn't seem to be a league thing every zone like normal. Am I supposed to be mainly buying contracts with markers?

You can buy contracts (I've bought a lot), but you also get a bunch from killing things, and markers are often more of a limiter. Delve also drops a ton of the stuff.

• Options
    I have far, far more contracts than I'm interested in running until I'm at a level I don't mind losing XP forever.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Contracts drop a lot in maps, like 2-4 per map. I've got close to a thousand saved up at this point.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Speaking of heist mechanics; I wish there was an indicator of what kind of reward waiting at the end of a grand heist. The first one I ran is the only one so far that had the modified gem rewards. The rest have been item drops.