As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I really hate dying on delivering the final blow to Izaro. I'm SC, so its not the end of the world, but its still fucking aggravating.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Yeah I got tired of the selling system really fast again.

It really is embarrassingly bad.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Originally was going to do SSF but I still wanted to play with friends and be able to get trials done easier, but otherwise I'm mostly just disengaging from trade in this game from now on, it's such a mess.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    leap slam being a slam now is actually kind of annoying as its eating my exerts

stop eating my exerts leap slom

on the other hand it is still proccing the combust which means it is debuffing for me i suppose

obF2Wuw.png
    I've been playing SSF so far this league, and it hasn't been too bad. My first T2 seed gave me the Fire mod to Lightning mod, which was perfect, because I was overcapped on fire resists, and lagging on Lightning, so...

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Originally was going to do SSF but I still wanted to play with friends and be able to get trials done easier, but otherwise I'm mostly just disengaging from trade in this game from now on, it's such a mess.

This is mostly what I do. I'll end up selling a few things since I have public stash tabs, but until I get to the very end of the league the only things I will buy are occasional crafting materials. Honestly, I find the game much more fun this way.

Invictus on
    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Brody wrote: »
    Sure, just wondering with people expressing concern over it triggering off of the initial EQ, and not the aftershock.

I didnt think it would, doesnt match the mechanics that are laid out.

I will say tho, EQ is really good with Rage generation.

Why wouldn't it skip the aftershock? If the first hit triggers an impale, it can't be impaled again for 4 seconds?

Yeah basically.

Sucks because it's not taking into account the 150% more from Aftershock. I guess I'll just have to be content with the 6x damage Intimidating Cry and Fist of War do as 4 stacks of impale.

jungleroomx on
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    leap slam being a slam now is actually kind of annoying as its eating my exerts

stop eating my exerts leap slom

on the other hand it is still proccing the combust which means it is debuffing for me i suppose

Theres a belt craft and a node that stops exerting movement skills if that helps

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    alas i am infinity far from the node and using a unique belt

one eternally annoying thing is that "double damage" as a mechanic doesnt double ailment damage

obF2Wuw.png
    Iirc the craft can be on any jewellery? Or at least belts and rings.
    Sure, just wondering with people expressing concern over it triggering off of the initial EQ, and not the aftershock.

I didnt think it would, doesnt match the mechanics that are laid out.

I will say tho, EQ is really good with Rage generation.

Why wouldn't it skip the aftershock? If the first hit triggers an impale, it can't be impaled again for 4 seconds?

Yeah basically.

Sucks because it's not taking into account the 150% more from Aftershock. I guess I'll just have to be content with the 6x damage Intimidating Cry and Fist of War do as 4 stacks of impale.

That makes sense. I just hadn't had time to really look into it, I was planning to go with Ice Crash, but it's feeling kind of meh.

• RightfulSinRightfulSin Registered User regular
    Advice on a no brainer build for this league? I've been out of PoE for about 2-3 leagues (not counting this one). I want a no brainer cuz I after work/working out my hands can tend to ache a bit and I don't really want to hurt during leisure time :biggrin: . Thanks all.

"If nothing is impossible, than would it not be impossible to find something that you could not do?" - Me
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Bleed Gladiator Earthquake is fun. I almost went Lacerate, but wanted to mess with all of the new stuff, and I think it was a good choice!

The synergy of bleed EQ with exertion and the new Fist of War support that gives you one mega huge attack every couple of seconds is really damn good. It's a different playstyle but I like it so far! Just grab the slowest axe around and be confident that your EQ + aftershock + bleed is going to annihilate every pack you hit in one shot, with massive AoE from exerted slams and Fist of War. And it makes surviving bosses pretty darn easy too -- if you only attack every time Fist of War is up, you're going to be doing a ton of damage in a very quick amount of time, and allow yourself to spend 90% of the fight dodging. Obviously you can stay put mash them for max DPS, but it's nice to have the defensive option when things get rough.

I'm doing SSF for now, and my first melee starter. It's been said a lot, but Harvest is amazing for that. I feel weird actually caring about white crafting bases as I level, but it's a good weird! Being able to prioritize physical mods makes grabbing new axe upgrades easy and painless.

Fiatil on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Fixed a bug where the Combat Control notable passive didn't prevent Warcries from Exerting travel skills.

It WAS broke! Hah.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Advice on a no brainer build for this league? I've been out of PoE for about 2-3 leagues (not counting this one). I want a no brainer cuz I after work/working out my hands can tend to ache a bit and I don't really want to hurt during leisure time :biggrin: . Thanks all.

VD spellslinger necro

it's literally 1 button and pretty tanky and requires a shoestring budget to get going

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    anybody got a medium cluster with fire damage over time? i have whispered about 40 people for one and not a single response and im losing my hair from the poe trading experience

also if u link cast on crit to infernal cry it causes the combust triggered attack to cast those spells on crit. worth notin as can be used to curse (with curse on hit if you like) or do various memes

@surrealitycheck I have a 5 passive medium one if you need it on regular Harvest.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    New uniques from Harvest bosses

8NJsEmP.png

seems dope

6yjv3y2q4i651.png

seems cool but is probably actually bad

Also someone posted what the new Harvest lab keys do:
    Gift to the goddess grants 6 additional uses of the divine font.

Dedication to the goddess allows you to enchant belts.

Tribute to the goddess makes the silver chests/end chests drop better items

These offerings create an UberUber lab, zone level 83.
    Belt enchants give new benefits to non-elemental ailments, like increased ailment damage on Maimed enemies, reduced crit chance on Blinded enemies, -6% all resists on Withered enemies, etc.
    They all also have 100% increased experience, plus massive buffs to trap damage, pack size, monster damage, Izaro damage and life
    5dcb1ff784bb40d979b032e99725ba3e.png

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I'm sorry but that belt means with fairly minimal investment a Berserker with axes can have eighty five Rage. I mean, any class can have 85 Rage, but Berserkers do it best.

Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I'm sorry but that belt means with fairly minimal investment a Berserker with axes can have eighty five Rage. I mean, any class can have 85 Rage, but Berserkers do it best.

And the Rigwald weapon for 110 Rage.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I feel like you wouldn't want to use the Rigwald weapon at that point, though, since it's got fairly low base damage. Just straight up a Paradoxica or a 450 dps foil is likely way more damage than 25 more rage. Assuming of course the idea is to use a Saviour in the offhand. I'm not convinced rage is worth stacking for 2handers.

kaoms primacy babyee

also voidforge w/ rage support

obF2Wuw.png
  • AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    All this awesome stuff and I am busy with work right now and can only play a pathetic four-five hours a day. Hopefully some of this stays core somehow. Good thing VD Necro is so brainless and can get relatively tanky because I can't do anything advanced. Now I have a bunch of chaos to upgrade my stupidly shitty gear at least.

JRX, how are you stacking impales? Grabbing everything on the tree and skipping dread banner? Or is there a cluster you are skipping?

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Being able to use the divine font 6 times is a stupid benefit; why not just run regular lab 3 times in 10 minutes?

Belt enchants are interesting.

"Better" loot in the silver/ending chests, I'll believe it when I see it.

Show off your exiles!

I did a quake one and a consecrated path, but ranged chaos just reels me back in.

Say hi to my Toxic Rain Pathfinder:

qfqqujdc70lb.jpg

• a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    If ya'll don't mind someone allergic to optimized builds and who plays at odd hours, feel free to invite me to your little shindig. Name: pizzaemoji

Number One Tricky
    I like the gardening stuff. Also I may have just spent 45 minutes racing through Blood Aqueducts to get seeds, and ended up with a 450pds axe. Not bad to start with.

So far I've got three dispensers for each color of 51 seeds, which allows me two do all of the physical/attack seeds on one collector, and all of the defence/life on a different one. I'll probably end up trying to do just a links one, to try and 6L stuff, but right now they end up a mix of fill and going on my third collector.

I've also got a higher tier area. We'll see how well it works. I've done a couple of the T2 seeds now, but I need to start doing more so I can get more higher seeds.

Also, I fucking love this MTX. It's so gorgeous.

z16m6n1mz03e.jpg

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    berserk uptime is kinda silly

t16 boss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwsnR3FP3sw

J3qcnBP.png
    JRX, how are you stacking impales? Grabbing everything on the tree and skipping dread banner? Or is there a cluster you are skipping?

Impale support, 2h impale nodes on southwest part of tree, 20% impale on Ascendancy class

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Has Infernal Support been a thing for a while?

Because, I don't think there is anything more satisfying than seeing Raging Spirits that actually fly into/through crowds and set people on fire.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular

Because, I don't think there is anything more satisfying than seeing Raging Spirits that actually fly into/through crowds and set people on fire.

It's a couple of leagues old. It's neat, but there isn't really a way to scale it.

Ssf has been nice, but I think I may drop it so I can buy decent resists for maps.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »

It's a couple of leagues old. It's neat, but there isn't really a way to scale it.

I'm total shit at builds in general, and don't fully understand how to get the specific gear that people build around, so, it's more just the satisfaction aspect of it for me (plus, got it in act 1, so not a huge need to scale just yet)

Got bored of Slam zerker, so now I'm leveling a Toxic Rain Miner and this is ridiculous.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Kept debating on trying out TR mines or TR/CA trickster, but for now I enjoy the simplicity of volatile dead.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    TR mines are great! I was convinced they would get nerfed because I tried the build with Metamorphosis league, and TR mines hilariously wreck all bosses. But I'm glad to see it's still around more or less untouched!

Im going trickster, but next league I think I'll probably see if I can make Pathfinder work.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Im going trickster, but next league I think I'll probably see if I can make Pathfinder work.

Pathfinders require currency to make work

PiptheFair wrote: »

Pathfinders require currency to make work

What items do they need? Also thanks for mentioning that, cause I was real close to restarting the character rq.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    OK so Stormfire Arc Ignite idea is dead after updating POB, the nerfs were even stronger.

This Wintertide Brand thing though.......

Ahahahahahah

So this is where I admit to being an idiot when first planning on this change to Wintertide and not noticing that it doesn't Hit, thus making Herald of Purity and some of the skill gem choices I made rather stupid. But now that I'm set up properly (Wintertide + Vortex, with room for another 4 Link? This is good

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys