As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] 3.14 Ultimatum on 4/16! KRANGLED

1404143454653

Posts

  • AbsalonAbsalon Registered User regular
    I am not too worried, we still have five-six weeks at a minimum. But I agree that a bunch of stuff is just dependent on time and grinding because getting 32 craftable watchstones is a slog, just as an example.

    We are all as God made us and frequently much worse
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    How are you doing with ritual base types? I'm at 5 so far. Glad they lowered it to 9. 27 seems a bit much.

  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited February 17
    Absalon wrote: »
    I am not too worried, we still have five-six weeks at a minimum. But I agree that a bunch of stuff is just dependent on time and grinding because getting 32 craftable watchstones is a slog, just as an example.

    Apparently you can buy those, just checked and you can apparently get some for 3c. I might pick some up.

    38thDoe on
  • PeewiPeewi I'm a cube now Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    How are you doing with ritual base types? I'm at 5 so far. Glad they lowered it to 9. 27 seems a bit much.

    The goal was always 9 items. The difference is that they made the lower tier items count.

    Switch: SW-6132-4331-5349 || Steam profile
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Two more months of ritual isn't enough? I've also not fought Sirus or the ten boss battle, but I've been slowly whittling away at the atlas and such. Overall I thought my progress was quite good for a casual player. The league is fun and rewards actually seem attainable without going HAM.

    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    AbsalonFiatilPacificstar
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I certainly know what order march and april come in...
    Maybe I should get more sleep.

  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    Isn't it March, Smarch, April? Or is Smarch after April?

  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Snatch is when the weather is lousy so... now?

  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Fellow Xbox players, if you've got Gamepass Ultimate get yoself a free armor set

  • AbsalonAbsalon Registered User regular
    Another deathless Oshabi is nice but the Forbidden Shako was not very valuable and the Infused Beachhead she dropped did not result in a valuable scroll. She did drop a Farric lure which might help me get to a Farrul encounter.

    I have a whole slew of contracts and blueprints I need to run but even though they can be valuable I always feel a bit iffy about heists.

    We are all as God made us and frequently much worse
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I lost so much loot in Heist league by dying while trying to get out of a blueprint or regular heist that I just ignore the whole mechanic now, I don't care how much loot there is in there.

    steam_sig.png
    twitch.tv/kragaar
    PenumbraPacificstarAustinP0027
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I really wish I had paid more attention to the list of good atlas passives to take, and just skipped the Heist one I ended up taking.

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

    Steam: Korvalain
  • evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    edited February 22
    Daimar wrote: »
    I lost so much loot in Heist league by dying while trying to get out of a blueprint or regular heist that I just ignore the whole mechanic now, I don't care how much loot there is in there.

    They did make Heist less deadly this league. Also, since contract rarity doesn't actually affect the loot (just gives a small bonus to alert level), running a bunch of scoured lvl 83 contracts is now my go-to technique for getting that last 10% of xp to the next level, while still getting a pile of loot.

    Protip: there are only three reasons to finish contracts: markers (also available from Rituals), reveals (only useful if you're doing blueprints, which are somewhat less common this league), and rogue xp (only useful if the rogue in question isn't at max level). Running into a contract, opening all the big chests, then running right back out again is a perfectly legitimate strategy. It doesn't have much in the way of risk to your xp or loot, and skips over the "unlock doors on the way out" part of Heist, which makes it a safe and fast way to convert a pile of contracts into a pile of loot.

    EDIT:
    Brody wrote: »
    I really wish I had paid more attention to the list of good atlas passives to take, and just skipped the Heist one I ended up taking.
    They're all good. The conventional wisdom is to just pick the ones that give bonuses to the content you want to run. There are a few standouts like Diplomatic Escort, but there's been a rapid shift away from "here is the mathematically optimal way to earn currency", to "here are a bunch of cool options that you might find interesting". That being said, Orbs of Unmaking do drop, so it's possible for you to respec out of that node if you don't want Heist content.

    evilmrhenry on
    38thDoe
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    I lost so much loot in Heist league by dying while trying to get out of a blueprint or regular heist that I just ignore the whole mechanic now, I don't care how much loot there is in there.

    They did make Heist less deadly this league. Also, since contract rarity doesn't actually affect the loot (just gives a small bonus to alert level), running a bunch of scoured lvl 83 contracts is now my go-to technique for getting that last 10% of xp to the next level, while still getting a pile of loot.

    Protip: there are only three reasons to finish contracts: markers (also available from Rituals), reveals (only useful if you're doing blueprints, which are somewhat less common this league), and rogue xp (only useful if the rogue in question isn't at max level). Running into a contract, opening all the big chests, then running right back out again is a perfectly legitimate strategy. It doesn't have much in the way of risk to your xp or loot, and skips over the "unlock doors on the way out" part of Heist, which makes it a safe and fast way to convert a pile of contracts into a pile of loot.

    EDIT:
    Brody wrote: »
    I really wish I had paid more attention to the list of good atlas passives to take, and just skipped the Heist one I ended up taking.
    They're all good. The conventional wisdom is to just pick the ones that give bonuses to the content you want to run. There are a few standouts like Diplomatic Escort, but there's been a rapid shift away from "here is the mathematically optimal way to earn currency", to "here are a bunch of cool options that you might find interesting". That being said, Orbs of Unmaking do drop, so it's possible for you to respec out of that node if you don't want Heist content.

    Sure, I'm just not a huge fan of running heist, so it feels wasted. But I can give them another try I guess.

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

    Steam: Korvalain
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited February 22
    I'm just annoyed by the trillions of green contracts I get that don't stack and don't go in the locker, and the trillions of orange contracts that aren't the twins that I need for the challenge.
    Having skipped heist in heist, I find the heists fun, but not as interesting as progressing the new atlas content so they are piling up. Although with the advice about not bothering to trigger alert maybe I'll run a bunch of them.

    38thDoe on
    PenumbraPacificstar
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Do the rogues get xp from doors and chests? I only ever noticed it on escape.

    I haven’t bothered with it this league because grinding up their levels last time lasted well past my interest in heists.

    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    No, rogues get xp from completion only.

    If a movement doesn't have someone that can sit down opposite those in a position of power and strike a deal, how can that movement achieve success?
    evilmrhenry
  • evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Do the rogues get xp from doors and chests? I only ever noticed it on escape.

    I haven’t bothered with it this league because grinding up their levels last time lasted well past my interest in heists.

    They also sped that bit up. I'll note that you don't need to level up every skill for every rogue, either. Pick which rogue you want to use for each skill, and get them to level 4 (not 5) in that skill, and you're basically fine. You won't be able to do the level 5 contracts, but contracts drop like candy, so big deal. It's not like the level 5 contracts drop better loot.
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I'm just annoyed by the trillions of green contracts I get that don't stack and don't go in the locker, and the trillions of orange contracts that aren't the twins that I need for the challenge.
    Having skipped heist in heist, I find the heists fun, but not as interesting as progressing the new atlas content so they are piling up. Although with the advice about not bothering to trigger alert maybe I'll run a bunch of them.

    I'll note that The Twins only drops if you've completed the quest contracts that lead to it.

    And yes, Heist is less interesting than the new content. I only run it this league when I'm close to a levelup and want to play it safe for a bit, but as content it's fine.

  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I got to the one where they kill the cat. Is that far enough... although maybe the correct path was to only do that one so I stop getting break the unbreakable over and over again.

  • evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I got to the one where they kill the cat. Is that far enough... although maybe the correct path was to only do that one so I stop getting break the unbreakable over and over again.

    https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Kurai,_the_Administrator Looks like it.

  • AbsalonAbsalon Registered User regular
    edited February 24
    o.
    mqt7q03z41nb.png
    thank mr ritual.

    Absalon on
    We are all as God made us and frequently much worse
    fRAWRstHefflingPeewischerbchenCarpyBrody38thDoeRatsult2Jubal77
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular


    From a sealed deck or direct?

    How much tribute does one go for direct?

    I guess people can get full mirrors off of ritual too? Crazy.

  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Saw a post on reddit where someone rerolled a ritual and popped a mirror with a 2060 defer cost but they only had 2030 left after the reroll

  • AbsalonAbsalon Registered User regular
    There was a plain stack of three for 11-12k tribute to start with I think, did not take as long as I feared to whittle it down.

    We are all as God made us and frequently much worse
    38thDoe
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Man this league is nuts. Even people like me who don't overtly interact in money printing schemes has made bank. I bought myself a awakened multistrike today. And I still have several ex worth of c and other stuff that can get me moving back up.

    Ive got a build that can do all the content almost as end geared as you can get (i just need a top end +3 minion unset ring and the uber expensive convoking wands at this point) and am still having fun with the league.

    I know this is not everyones favorite style of poe but I find it much more fun that scrimping and saving. Being able to afford 6Ls on whatever build i would want at this point is how it should be I think.

  • PeewiPeewi I'm a cube now Registered User regular
    I sold a couple of harvest crafts and it was oddly stressful. I was super afraid of accidentally using the wrong craft and bricking someone else's item.

    Switch: SW-6132-4331-5349 || Steam profile
    38thDoe
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    My favorite thing to sell is the double corrupt alter because deleting their item is expected.

    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Man this league is nuts. Even people like me who don't overtly interact in money printing schemes has made bank. I bought myself a awakened multistrike today. And I still have several ex worth of c and other stuff that can get me moving back up.

    Ive got a build that can do all the content almost as end geared as you can get (i just need a top end +3 minion unset ring and the uber expensive convoking wands at this point) and am still having fun with the league.

    I know this is not everyones favorite style of poe but I find it much more fun that scrimping and saving. Being able to afford 6Ls on whatever build i would want at this point is how it should be I think.

    I'm jealous of your luck. I'm not having that experience heh.

    scherbchen
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited February 25
    38thDoe wrote: »
    My favorite thing to sell is the double corrupt alter because deleting their item is expected.

    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Man this league is nuts. Even people like me who don't overtly interact in money printing schemes has made bank. I bought myself a awakened multistrike today. And I still have several ex worth of c and other stuff that can get me moving back up.

    Ive got a build that can do all the content almost as end geared as you can get (i just need a top end +3 minion unset ring and the uber expensive convoking wands at this point) and am still having fun with the league.

    I know this is not everyones favorite style of poe but I find it much more fun that scrimping and saving. Being able to afford 6Ls on whatever build i would want at this point is how it should be I think.

    I'm jealous of your luck. I'm not having that experience heh.

    That is the thing though you can setup your atlas to farm currency if you really want to and even I have done it. Be it mass harbingers for ancients in valdos or beast farms and sell. Someone I know just mass sold yellow beasts for 3c each for several ex.

    Jubal77 on
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    alch and go will get you 2-3 ex per hour if you spend your time efficiently this league

    low white/yellow map farming has never been as profitable since before conquerors atlas patch

    J3qcnBP.png
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    How can I spend my time efficiently? I try to only run maps in valdo's for harbingers or one of the grove areas. Last 4 groves in a row have been WHY FIGHT PROGRESS who drops maybe a couple chaos in lures. Maybe I'm an outlier.

  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I've accepted that I just don't put in the time and effort the more affluent players are. Instead I've just focused on one decent built and continued to make incremental upgrades where I can afford and otherwise try to craft my own stuff. It's worked out pretty well thanks to the new atlas passives and harvest.

    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    How can I spend my time efficiently? I try to only run maps in valdo's for harbingers or one of the grove areas. Last 4 groves in a row have been WHY FIGHT PROGRESS who drops maybe a couple chaos in lures. Maybe I'm an outlier.

    run 15 maps an hour

    J3qcnBP.png
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    How can I spend my time efficiently? I try to only run maps in valdo's for harbingers or one of the grove areas. Last 4 groves in a row have been WHY FIGHT PROGRESS who drops maybe a couple chaos in lures. Maybe I'm an outlier.

    run 15 maps an hour

    *urge to vomit intensifies*

    steam_sig.png
    twitch.tv/kragaar
    38thDoe
  • evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    How can I spend my time efficiently? I try to only run maps in valdo's for harbingers or one of the grove areas. Last 4 groves in a row have been WHY FIGHT PROGRESS who drops maybe a couple chaos in lures. Maybe I'm an outlier.

    My first tip for high-end mapping is to not full-clear maps. That's a relic of old sustain rates. Instead, you should have goals when entering a map. For example: killing the harbingers and the boss. You don't need to stick your nose into every corner of the map to accomplish this; the boss is usually in an obvious location, the harbingers are usually simple to locate, and anything else interesting is on the minimap. If you reach the boss, and there's still more than 50 monsters remaining, that's fine. You're not optimizing for map value, but for time spent. Maps are cheap. Will you miss some content doing this? Yeah, but that doesn't really matter. There's more content in the next map. This can also include skipping some content (like Ritual, Abyss, Breach, or Heart of the Grove) because it takes a while and doesn't drop anything good.

    My second tip is to know the value of items, and the best way to turn them into currency. The actual rewards for most content are in the form of, say, some splinters, a delirium orb, a cluster jewel, a stack of alteration orbs, or the like instead of actual chaos and ex. Those things can be worthwhile, but it doesn't feel like you're earning currency. Don't feel like you're not earning just because you don't have many actual exalt orbs in your currency tab.

    38thDoe
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I still do most things, except breaches. It helps break up the repetition a bit for me.

    But it’s a good point, and the same reason you should jump to the next D3 rift after the boss. Anything you’d “miss” on upcoming floors could just as easily be on the first floor of the next rift, so you might as well get more guardians/keys.

    Battletag: Noggin#1936
    evilmrhenry
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    That's the first I heard to try not full clearing maps, that will help a lot. I know I probably have a ton of currency tied up in Blueprints and such but even with buying the marks you still need to run things to get reveals not sure if its worth it. I've been skipping Blight because I am starting to get bored of it. Unless I'm in delirium and need the extra monster kills.

    I have a bunch of delirium orbs I probably should try and sell.

  • evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    I still do most things, except breaches. It helps break up the repetition a bit for me.

    But it’s a good point, and the same reason you should jump to the next D3 rift after the boss. Anything you’d “miss” on upcoming floors could just as easily be on the first floor of the next rift, so you might as well get more guardians/keys.

    What I'll say is that, in the end, this is a game. Some people are running the canyon map all day, and only up until they reach the harbingers. This is a very...efficient setup, but it also sounds soul-numbing to me. If you like the content, that's a really good reason to run the content. Most stuff in PoE makes decent money, especially if the atlas tree is set up for it.

    On a more philosophical level, there's two ways to view efficiency in PoE. There's the maximizing exalts/hour, but there's also maximizing game/hour. These overlap, but aren't the same. Having a dump tab and only sorting your loot once or twice a session helps with efficiency, but it does so by letting you run more maps/hour, and if you enjoy running maps more than sorting loot, that's a good thing even if maximizing exalts/hour isn't your goal. Not full-clearing maps is a component of most farming strategies, but it can also ensure you spend more time playing the bits of the game you enjoy instead of figuring out where the last three monster packs are hiding.

    Even skipping content is fine. If you don't like blight, don't run it. Maps are not a scarce resource, and there's always something else around the corner. Even skipping the majority of content in a map is a reasonable strategy; map bosses have good drops, you get master missions, and progress towards Maven invitations and Sirus fights in high tiers. It's trivial to sustain maps once you have a good atlas bonus, and that's not even touching on non-map-based content like Delve or Heist.

  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited February 26
    Ive had luck yes. But I have also ground out some currency as well. Ive spent the whole league just doing what I felt like so I didnt get bored. Just dont skip rituals though. They are a fantastic source of solid currency.

    Jubal77 on
  • AbsalonAbsalon Registered User regular
    edited February 27
    Hoo boy, level 97 reached. Anything after that is absolutely overkill. Now I need to focus on challenges and if I die a bunch, so be it. Still have the Maven, Uber Elder and some other scary stuff left.

    Edit: whoops, very sleepy.

    Absalon on
    We are all as God made us and frequently much worse
    38thDoeBrodyNogginPeewifRAWRst
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Should I start playing this game in the year of our lord 2021 or should I run away screaming

Sign In or Register to comment.