As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Man, for whatever reason this ignite Elementalist I'm trying to level is super squishy.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Me: Okay, I'm in yellows finally, time to actually get serious and not roll a 6th fucking character this league

*clears some maps*

Also Me: Man why did I go toxic rain instead of scourge arrow, I should just make an alt with scourge arrow

*rolls 6th fucking character this league*

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Mahnmut wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »
    I know and I make use of it.

But I feel like, when a bunch of items drop on top of each other and I pick up one, the labels of the other items should adjust automatically.

Sometimes I turn off the item labels and just click the stuff on the ground, because then I can just keep clicking one place. Like if I kill a harbinger and want to pick up all its shards.

Definitely trade-offs here -- if there's a giant pile, and I want three specific items from it, it would be very bad for me if the pile re-organized after each click

I guess.

I just think it's really silly when I click an item and my character walks half a screen away from the label to actually pick up the thing and there weren't even any other labels over there to block it.

Unrelated to that, what kind of CPU does it take to keep this game running well when there's a lot happening on-screen? My old i5-2500k clearly isn't enough.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

But I feel like, when a bunch of items drop on top of each other and I pick up one, the labels of the other items should adjust automatically.

Sometimes I turn off the item labels and just click the stuff on the ground, because then I can just keep clicking one place. Like if I kill a harbinger and want to pick up all its shards.

Definitely trade-offs here -- if there's a giant pile, and I want three specific items from it, it would be very bad for me if the pile re-organized after each click

I guess.

I just think it's really silly when I click an item and my character walks half a screen away from the label to actually pick up the thing and there weren't even any other labels over there to block it.

Unrelated to that, what kind of CPU does it take to keep this game running well when there's a lot happening on-screen? My old i5-2500k clearly isn't enough.

We'll know when Intel or AMD finally make it.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular

I guess.

We'll know when Intel or AMD finally make it.

I feel like the only person who isn't having performance issues. Some low res textures for about 5 seconds after I log in or /hideout for the first time each session but that's it. 120fps solid, dips a bit for Valdo's Harbingers. The odd crash once or twice a day which is par for the course, it rarely costs me a map as it's usually on the loading screen.

I found that turning down sun shadows improved my fps quite a lot last league. Otherwise everything is on highish settings with a mid range PC I built in 2019.

I'm not going to pretend that PoE is super optimized or anything, they're making huge changes under the hood with each major release and dialing them in on the fly. That's bound to result in occasional steps backwards. But the trend toward better visuals and better performance (or at least maintaining performance in the face of huge changes) is moving in the right direction.

While it would be nice if "they tested it first" the reality is that PC hardware can have billions of possible configuration states and can change dramatically with OS updates and new drivers. No two users will have the exact same hardware configuration, and few players will have the same set of drivers etc. from one league to the next. Simply trying to maintain a custom engine would be a nightmare in that environment; releasing big changes on a 3 month's schedule is akin to madness.

Crashes and poor performance is an awful experience and it sucks. But PoE doesn't become the game it is without the consistent major updates which often result in periods of instability.

I've had leagues where the first couple weeks are basically unplayable, and since I play HC an untimely crash can be massively punishing. GGG doesn't get to act like a developer who has had twelve years to get their game to run perfectly; they get three months, maybe six on the biggest changes, to get a release candidate ready and then patch it later. I'm willing to cut them some slack as long as the game's good.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    It's mostly because PoE is just all over the place. My FPS counter looks like a fucking seismograph

8v4l50m3cqj2.png

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    this league has definitely had doggy performance

im on a 3950x w/ fast ram, ssd and 2070super and its frame drop city even on dx11

on vulkan its straight dipping 30fps and lower during rituals

last league was running 200fps literally the entire time, and now im gettin chop capping to 120, idk waht they borked

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    *spins dial*

dual moonbenders wing ground slam golemancer 90 rage warcry golementalist

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Does anyone have multimod and +2 socketed support gems craft?

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Well, still no buyers of my strange but potentially valuable amulet, now set at 15 exalts. And I can feel my Flame Wall/RF Inquisitor hitting a ceiling because none of the spells "Hit" and Inquisitor is mostly about spells that hit if you want to boost your damage. I can't afford to let things be alive for so long because even with decent damage and Tempered by War, getting Phys taken as fire is expensive and things are hitting hard. But I really don't want to reroll and spend a bunch of time selling my gear...

Ugh, feeling miserable right now.

Absalon on
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    What about a respec to heirophant? Some of their nodes look pretty good, and I found this https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2951085/page/1

One of two listed Cons is annoying leveling but you’re already leveled.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Has there been any talk from GGG about adjusting the map tab to work with regions?

My cyclone slayer is in desperate need of some flat Mana reduction and life. I'm stun immune as long as I'm channeling but there's not a lot of wiggle room between my Mana leech and consumption, keep running out of Mana and then getting stun locked.

Edit: I'd use a Praxis while waiting for Jun to finally cough up the enchant but I'm already running 3 uniques and I think losing a ring would really screw with my resists and life.

Carpy on
  • Options
    if u can spare a jewel u can get a replica conquerors efficiency for -9 to mana costs

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Carpy wrote: »
    Has there been any talk from GGG about adjusting the map tab to work with regions?

I don't know, but if you're looking for maps from a specific region you can type it in the search bar in the stash and the appropriate maps will be highlighted.

• Options
    if u can spare a jewel u can get a replica conquerors efficiency for -9 to mana costs

Hmmm, I hadn't thought of the replica but looking at it on the wiki I don't think it'll work with cyclone, it says it's non-channeling only.

Carpy wrote: »

I don't know, but if you're looking for maps from a specific region you can type it in the search bar in the stash and the appropriate maps will be highlighted.

Getting into a search on console is kind of a pain so I was hoping they'd do something to enable my laziness.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    o dint see cyclone rip

if in doubt soul taker it out

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Oh, hadn't thought of that. 2H so I'd have to Kingmaker but that's a good idea. Gonna do some price checking tonight.

Carpy on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I was having mana trouble too but enlighten 4+1 level from gear seemed to fix me for now. Hadn’t heard of that jewel though so I might end up using that too.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    there are some other stopgap measures

hezmanas bloodlust just makes all ur attacks blood magic, is a 2-handed axe but has only eh stats

another out of the box one is the covenant

a 6l covenant gives u level 15 added chaos and anything socketed in it has blood magic, so if its enough of a ballache grab one of those

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Ok, this HAS to be goddamn worth something, right?

67xjwxszyqbk.png

Neat, I beat Catarina deathless and got an urn that should sell for 3 exalts. Now I just need some sales done and I can boost my damage a lot.

Absalon on
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    So I assume this already got posted?

Path of Exile 2 likely 2022

If so I'm guessing we're not going to get any really ambitious leagues like Synthesis until that gets done

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    TBH I could really care less about the new acts. Give me skill gem reworks! I'm hoping that gets rolled out well ahead of PoE 2.

Graphics overhaul also would be nice, but you know, bugs and all that. Reworking combat to be a bit less RIPpy and movement-based would also be nice.

• Options
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    TBH I could really care less about the new acts. Give me skill gem reworks! I'm hoping that gets rolled out well ahead of PoE 2.

Graphics overhaul also would be nice, but you know, bugs and all that. Reworking combat to be a bit less RIPpy and movement-based would also be nice.

I think the skill gem rework is a PoE2 thing?

• Options

I think the skill gem rework is a PoE2 thing?

They said they would be rolling out 'PoE2' changes before the acts drop, which is officially 'PoE2'. I'm just hoping that the item reworks show up earlier rather than later.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I haven't been keeping up on PoE2, is it going to be a new standalone game or is it just a massive upgrade to PoE they are branding as "2" so that they don't split the community and have to support two different games?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Last I recall, and this could be totally off, is that it's more of a massive upgrade. I think you should still be able to create characters in PoE1 and play through the original ten acts if you want, but there will be a whole new lineup of characters and a whole new story to experience with PoE2.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Daimar wrote: »
    I haven't been keeping up on PoE2, is it going to be a new standalone game or is it just a massive upgrade to PoE they are branding as "2" so that they don't split the community and have to support two different games?

PoE 2 is, essentially, a new set of acts (parallel not sequential to the current acts), and a massive graphical overhaul. You'll log into the same client but choose between the old acts and the new campaign, then get pooped out into maps in the same pool as everyone else. Everything else (afaik) is coming out preceding the PoE2 premier, but that was all decided in the before-fore and who knows what will happen.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Daimar wrote: »

PoE 2 is a new 7 act campaign and brand new set of RPG mechanics in terms of slots, links, skills, classes, engines etc

PoE in its current form will eventually morph into PoE 2 systems, with both campaigns reaching the same endgame Maps

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    I really do hope they ungenderlock the game.

So many people are wanting this.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited February 2021

One of the big reasons they needed to redo all the art assets is because they are unable to create new player models without literally remaking assets for every single equippable item (and again for each new model). I remember an old interview circa 2016/2017 where Chris was talking about how they have two guys who's job is just to update every single item to the new standard, which allows items to essentially 'snap into place', without making things look ridiculous.

Every once in a while you'll see "Added 3D art for the following" in the patch notes, I believe that's them. Once everything gets ported over, I imagine that's when we'll see model swaps.

Carnarvon on
  • Options

One of the big reasons they needed to redo all the art assets is because they are unable to create new player models without literally remaking assets for every single equippable item (and again for each new model). I remember an old interview circa 2016/2017 where Chris was talking about how they have two guys who's job is just to update every single item to the new standard, which allows items to essentially 'snap into place', without making things look ridiculous.

Every once in a while you'll see "Added 3D art for the following" in the patch notes, I believe that's them. Once everything gets ported over, I imagine that's when we'll see model swaps.

Yeah they've completely redone the animation rigging system so it's flexible and won't need to be re-done.

I think the game is a Theseus Ship at this point. I don't know if there's actually any original code left.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    z8NYbWB.png

Took me 7 orbs :P It's my first one and oh my.

• Options
    I assume that on average it takes more ancient orbs than that, or the price wouldn't be quite so high.

Either way, congrats on the headhunter.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Yeah 7 orbs is crazy lucky lol. Ive seen people blow hundreds with no luck.

Fated Connections is cheap this league. That is nice. My Marohi Erqi is now 6L so full power mode activated!

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I used the new corrected ball lightning dps calculator and figured my ball lightning does just short of 12m dps when heart of destruction is inactive, and just over 10 million while active.

COMPLETELY forgetting to factor in that each sequential orb has increasing aoe, so my dps is actually closer to double that. Feels pretty okay. I'm also 2 for 2 on Awakener's Orbs off A8 Sirus after being 0 for 20~ last league.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    First temple clear gave me a Vial of Transcendence, is it really worth ~4ex?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    First temple clear gave me a Vial of Transcendence, is it really worth ~4ex?

Yup. GG.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Fated Connections is cheap this league. That is nice. My Marohi Erqi is now 6L so full power mode activated!

What build you using Marohi Erqi for? Earthquake?

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Invictus wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »

What build you using Marohi Erqi for? Earthquake?

Juggy Earthshatter. I decided to just go ultra tanky and consistent dmg that doesnt hurt the hands to play. Juggy earthshatterer is much more forgiving on the rotation and still does the deeps. Im sitting at 2mil sirus dps right now and i could get better with a bit more changes (or by going axe). I also got a 6L brass dome for the build too. I sit around 60k armor 7 echarges and such.

Jubal77 on