As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Fittingly enough for a Vaal league, everything got bricked.
    I have zero clue what to play, but the new skills/supports might be juicy even though there are no obvious ascendancies for them.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Oh god the crying in the comments is too fucking much.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Its not like any of these builds/items were cheap. My beginner carrion golem build was a far cry from the mirror ish cost it became cause of the upgrades to the "good" items. And that was with it being a money league.

Jubal77 on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    nerfing rigwalds and signal fire for casters is really sad

projectiles fork was a pretty rare mod and it was fun but hardly broken i only used it for memes

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I was just thinking how fun my toxic rain build was this season and that I'd like to play it in the future.

edit: Its funny because people in game seem generally decent when you talk to them, but from reading the the posts on the update threads you'd think everyone who played the game is a horrible monster.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    People who played the game for X months/years and enjoyed it but slowly started enjoying it less and less, until the game was a chore to play now that the dopamine hit has stopped. They flock to the forums, railing against its creators for ruining their game, unable to realize that it was not the game that has changed.

Most people have the sense to stop playing boxed titles (borderlands, dark souls, cyberpunk) once they reach that point, but Games As A Service titles are designed hook their claws into people and not let go. Look at WoW, LoL, Hearthstone, Dota, Warframe, Counterstrike, etc.

Carnarvon on
    edited April 2021
    Having almost all bleed and poison builds require one specific Elder mod was never very good design to begin with, but the lack of reliable killsplosions will be a severe problem for many. Out of all the things that killed me in Ritual, phys damage was absolutely the most common despite being the most tank I have ever been, and Porcupines were about as common a cause as the Minotaur and Uber Atziri.

I imagine people will want to play defensively this league while at the same time avoiding standing still, so blocky Cyclone, minions, traps, totems and some bow builds (if the new Seeking Eye abyss jewels are properly buffed) will be utilized. I wish they had looked at some undertuned skills and mentioned ascendancy changes that synergize with the new skills and supports. ED/Contagion will definitely be less common now that it is even more difficult to take the endgame damage to sufficient levels, even with the new Iolite rings.

Spectres appear untouched and were popular in Ritual. I have never played that, so I might take a look at Ghazzy's spectre builds because he is very experienced with them.

Absalon on
    edited April 2021
    I didnt read all of it. With the new supports is slam shout still untouched? Because that seems the way to start out again. Easy tanky and screen filling with a clear path to a few mil shaper deeps.

Jubal77 on
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I will probably play something that builds into cyclone?

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    I didnt read all of it. With the new supports is slam shout still untouched? Because that seems the way to start out again. Easy tanky and screen filling with a clear path to a few mil shaper deeps.

Didn't see anything really, but wasn't looking too closely.

Looks like General's Cry and Seismic Cry.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    slam shout should remain untouched very hard for them to break it so long as fist of war exists and scales as it does and the shouts do wat they do

obF2Wuw.png
    Shoutslam is just big weapon, stack phys damage, push all the buttons in the right order, right?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

edited April 2021
    Some kind of steel champ or steel raider should be okay, I like the look of Impales and steel shards etc but have never tried those builds before. Champ nodes are amazing for league start.
    Flat armor + evade and perma fortify takes care of most of your defenses for a good while, and the flat phys damage along with impale stacks makes getting damage up front a joke.

Absalon on
    Absalon wrote: »
    Some kind of steel champ or steel raider should be okay, I like the look of Impales and steel shards etc but have never tried those builds before.

I feel like Raider with the perm onslaught and phasing and three-step assault is a pretty big defensive option. Something like 25% spell dodge, 15% attack dodge, and 180% inc evasion minimum.

Brody wrote: »
    Shoutslam is just big weapon, stack phys damage, push all the buttons in the right order, right?

Depends on your ascendancy and needs. You can go more elaborate with your rotation and more dmg if you go zerk. But if you want just want to slam and shout you can go Juggy. The juggy rotation is more forgivable. Once you get the rotation down its just number of hits shout. number of hits shout. number of hits shout.

edited April 2021
    Some kind of steel champ or steel raider should be okay, I like the look of Impales and steel shards etc but have never tried those builds before.

I feel like Raider with the perm onslaught and phasing and three-step assault is a pretty big defensive option. Something like 25% spell dodge, 15% attack dodge, and 180% inc evasion minimum.

True, in this league moving about quickly and dodging stuff automatically will be very valuable, but since you are going full evade for the most part you can't make use of Petrified Blood because you won't mitigate big hits enough.

Absalon on

True, in this league moving about quickly and dodging stuff automatically will be very valuable, but since you are going full evade for the most part you can't make use of Petrified Blood because you won't mitigate big hits enough.

Wouldn't petrified blood be even more useful for making sure the 1 hit that gets through doesn't 1 shot you?

Wouldn't petrified blood be even more useful for making sure the 1 hit that gets through doesn't 1 shot you?

Depends on how much life you can bring together, because even if you delay 40-60 % of it to come in over 4 seconds, some of the hits together with the inevitable DoT areas are still simply too much to handle even when you also have flasks, regen, lgoh and leech. You will need to get Acro, Phase Acro, Wind Dancer and such and that means fewer points to put in damage and life.

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I kind of want to play something with big health pools this league, thinking maybe chieftain or jugg something.

Also, I wish it was April 18 or w/e already

I did a CoC Inquisitor last league that took me to 98 in HC. Over 11k combined life and ES with loads of defense. Around 2 mil DPS but it could go to 4 mil if I ever finished the gear, and you could sacrifice some defense to get a lot more damage while still being super tanky. Smooth one button mapping.

I'll see if I can get a PoB up for it

Here you go:

https://pastebin.com/1HiwbcxW

On poe.ninja: https://poe.ninja/challengehc/builds/char/aresprophet/PermaCoCisDead?i=37&search=class=Inquisitor

I wrote up a bit more but Chrome ate my edit, rip me. Suffice to say, this was a really cheap and easy build to get up and running especially for CoC, it scaled extremely well with more gear, and played very smooth. One button for Cyclone, one button held for Vortex to generate power charges and maintain Arcane Surge. Most of the gear is totally doable without 3.13 Harvest, just the chest would be tricky. You can get a ton more damage in SC by dropping a bit of life and block, going from 2.1mil to 3mil easily. It doesn't need flasks to be tanky and has a huge HP pool protected by layers of defense.

I was really happy with how this one turned out, and wish I'd stuck with the league long enough to finish the gear and push to 99. Probably not 100 because it's too much of a grind, but 98 in HC is an achievement I'm quite happy with.

How long does that take to kill Sirus?

A8 Sirus wasn't a quick fight. The early phases are maybe 15-20s of damage uptime. The last phase -the real fight - will take maybe two minutes if he's uncooperative. So you'll need to play the mechanics. It wasn't that bad, most of your tanky HC builds are going to sacrifice single target damage in order to be able to map comfortably (except for DD but that's getting a nerf so).

On the plus side I got clipped by a Die beam and based on that the build could probably tank a full one. And the degen puddles didn't seem to do anything. So you can be sloppy.

2 mil DPS on what's essentially a Cyclone build is not ideal for Uber Elder, Wave 20 Simulacrum, and Maven. The 3 mil SC version would be a lot quicker for bossing, and getting to 4 mil with some gear upgrades is totally doable and has a better shot at the big bosses. Sirus is just a mechanics fight, there's no gear check about it.

For what it's worth this build took a swing from the nerf bat but it should still be good. It lost about 15% of its total ES (so 700ish on the character I linked) but 11k should be achievable still. It's not like 10.5k is shabby. The hit to Soul Tether seems bad but the combination with Corrupted Soul's damage bypass means that the reduced recovery only kicks in when you're already at 6700 life, by which point Inquisitor regen probably has you topped up. Losing the 37 second Fortify from the Vigil should made up for by having a longer duration inherent to Vigilant Strike. On the plus side it frees up a jewel socket which can be real big.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    After looking around, I'm waffling between some sort of Shoutslam jugg, or ice trap sab. Which means I will probably end up playing something else entirely, although with them only giving me a week to let my build ADD grow, I might actually just land on something and stick with it.

edited April 2021
    the nice thing about shout slam is that you can get to a decent place with pretty cheapish items. phys stacking, highest phys dps 2 hander you can find and mitigation.

Jubal77 on
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    the nice thing about shout slam is that you can get to a decent place with pretty cheapish items. Attack stacking, highest phys dps 2 hander you can find and mitigation.

My understanding is that traps are similar. I'm worried that my expectation though will be too much thinking of my BB/BF chieftain that was rocking stupid levels of defense, and it won't be nearly that simple, so I'll feel like I fucked up, so maybe I should just go with a squishier character where I know what to expect more.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Everyone's too busy reading the patch notes to post that the patch notes are up:
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3079973

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Vaal Ground Slam

This Attack can now be Exerted as though it was not a Vaal Skill.
    Now deals 250% of base Attack Damage at gem level 1 (previously 190%) and 400% of base Attack Damage at gem level 20 (previously 300%).
    Now stores up to 4 uses (previously 3).
    Now has a Soul Gain Prevention duration of 1 second (previously 2).

they...

they super buffed me

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
    looks like they made a stunning miscalculation

obF2Wuw.png
    Vendors will no longer offer any scroll fragments in exchange for Perandus Coins.
    what the fuck why did they change this lol

• evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Vendors will no longer offer any scroll fragments in exchange for Perandus Coins.
    what the fuck why did they change this lol

Probably because coins were the best way to get scrolls to a ludicrous degree. Since they "normalized" coin drops, it's likely that this would result in one chest dropping enough coins for a stack or two of scrolls. (200 coins per stack adds up.)

• evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    The "Allies Cannot Die" aura appears to be temporary now?
    Racecourse boss no longer has reflect.
    Ctrl-click Jun brings up the unveil window.
    Maven button on the map device works better.
    There's some nice QoL stuff in here.

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    these two seem strong
    Relentless causes you to Regenerate 1% of Life per second if you have Stunned an Enemy Recently, and grants 25% increased Physical Damage.

A new Vanquisher cluster has been added to the southwest of the Templar's starting location. It causes you to Crush Enemies for 4 seconds when you Hit them while they are on Full Life, and grants 40% increased Physical Damage.

Versatile Stance

The small node in this cluster that previously granted increased Cooldown Recovery for Stance Skills now grants 10% reduced Reservation of Stance Skills.

so 20% total to both, meaning

8% blood and sand

28% flesh and stone

so seems close to the same if we take these nodes

theyre just not in a great place for my build

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
    Defy Pain
    Gain Defiance for 10 seconds on losing Life to an Enemy Hit, no more than once every 0.3 seconds.
    25% increased Armour per Defiance.
    50% increased Maximum total Life recovery per second from Leech while you have Defiance.
    At 10 Defiance, take Reflected Physical Damage equal to maximum Life, then lose all Defiance.

this seems Awful

Defy Pain
    Gain Defiance for 10 seconds on losing Life to an Enemy Hit, no more than once every 0.3 seconds.
    50% increased Maximum total Life recovery per second from Leech while you have Defiance.
    At 10 Defiance, take Reflected Physical Damage equal to maximum Life, then lose all Defiance.

this seems Awful

I mean, you'll have 250% armor for that reflected damage hit?

Defy Pain

this seems Awful

but that's the only thing you'll have 250% armor for
    Since you get stacks every time you're hit, the stacks stack up so fast so you don't get to really use the armor buffs, plus this provides no flat armor

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Defy Pain

this seems Awful

but that's the only thing you'll have 250% armor for
    Since you get stacks every time you're hit, the stacks stack up so fast so you don't get to really use the armor buffs, plus this provides no flat armor

Hm? If you're hit ten times, you'll average 125% increased armor over those ten times. That's pretty good, aside from the life leech stuff, which I can never remember exactly how that works.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Maybe I should hop on Friday

I've got the rest of the week off, why not

edited April 2021
    The new blood skills ain't got enough nodes on the tree and no real fit with any ascendancy, gotta say. Vaal Ground Slam looks like a snack though, so they obviously wanted melee people to have one solid option.

GEMMIES: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3080245

Lifetap is not looking amazing, but Reap might be sickening damage. 1228 - 1842 hit damage at max charges without any modifiers. 2560 Dot Damage at max charges with no mods. Only issue is the cast speed.

Absalon on
    I wonder how Reap Raider would work out. Phasing and Onslaught forever... It doesn't really have much in the way of direct support for the skill, but you'll have decent cast speed through onslaught, and swing down to Duelist area for phys damage?

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Am I doing the math right? Petrified blood is approximately a 10% damage reduction?

Carpy wrote: »
    Am I doing the math right? Petrified blood is approximately a 10% damage reduction?

As well as smoothing incoming damage at the risk of gaining enough damage taken over time that you can't out heal it, yeah.

petrified blood makes ur life half, that means its good, life is bad

obF2Wuw.png
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    I mean, the drawback for petrified blood is that it makes you more susceptible to one-shots. You have 50% life, it has 40% reduction, so if you have 10k base full life, you don't even need a 9k hit to kill you outright.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina