As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

1939495969799»

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    The new trickster nodes look awesome.

Hoping to go scion, so I wonder if/how her trickster node changed accordingly.

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • hushhush Registered User regular
    Unless that drop rate on the currency is real nice I think beyond continues to be a pretty dead mechanic - if the currency gen is real nice, I think it would be good enough to go deep on the atlas tree to get it.

I am pretty sure I like the harvest changes, although it will heavily depend on the costs of things and what they actually removed. Am I generating enough flower power to do one craft per harvest? 5? 10? It could end up being pretty brutal for those low tier ones - spamming fire on clusters, for example, but maybe those don't end up really mattering.

I don't love the changes to divines and giving 20 fusings for a 6l, although it is going to give me a reason to spec out of corrupted strongboxes for the first time ever - I think that change is gonna be brutal for ssf - rerolling timeless jewels is going to be actual insanity, godspeed.

The mirror league mechanic - I have to wonder if you can still luck into getting a perfect item - all positives, or if you will always be guaranteed a blemish of some sort.

Trickster looks way way way better than the dogshit state its been left in for however long, but I think its a little early to call it champ equivalent, Chris.

I think minion builds got pretty hard fucked, still, even after seeing the new bases - from just eyeballing it, the investment required is gonna be pretty insane ex-wise (or is it divine-wise now??) just to get back up to the power you had previously. Maybe that ends up ok, but its gonna be boring getting there.

I liked everything he said about the uniques, make them powerful and drop less - the stuff we've seen so far has been interesting, but I really want to see the whole list.

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    the changes to rare mobs are a pretty big difficulty reduction

The reduction in the number is good to see. That's been my biggest buggaboo with them since Archnemesis.

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    The Bringer of Rain Unique Helmet now has Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 30 Melee Physical Damage, Faster Attacks, and Blind (previously all level 18). It also now has +200-300 to maximum Life (previously +200-220). The changes to the Level of Supported Gems applies to existing items, though you will need to use a Divine Orb to fix the descriptions or receive the new maximum Life values.

this thing is cracked

J3qcnBP.png
    they keep fucking buffing me
    The Deidbell Unique Helmet no longer has 20% increased Melee Damage, or Adds 10 to 20 Physical Damage to Attacks. Instead, it now causes Skills which Exert an Attack to have a 20-30% chance to not count that Attack.

J3qcnBP.png

The Deep Ones can now be found in the Strand Map and the Whakawhairua Tuahu Unique Map.

pog

J3qcnBP.png
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Will we find out Frawrst has been slipping C Willy some hundos?

jungleroomx on
    ive been waxing his bald head for him

J3qcnBP.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    ive been making him generate crabs for me

obF2Wuw.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    also as an archetype, lightning conversion hybrid lightning necro w/ lightning conduit is now a real archetype

let ur minions shock and u cash in

obF2Wuw.png
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    I might try shock nova with the new shock skills, or some kind of trickster. Gotta look hard at what actually fits with trickster now.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
    Okay finally down packing and watched the reveal

Divine and exalt switch up is huge

Harvest rework is something out of my dreams, easily 100% spec into tree

Strongbox nodes psuedo nerfed by the 6 link recipe change

Beyond/scourge is a great change and corrupted currencies are pog

New npc storylines are cool and a fun reason to do diff maps if the rewards are good

Hateforge coming back via unique map :monkaS:

Rares and magic monsters change seems like more hh nerfs but maybe quite welcome for those who thought arch monsters going core was too much

Extremely hyped.

J3qcnBP.png
    I think having just packs and packs of yellows and blues was a real big misstep. I can deal with 2-3 motherfuckers with 4 affixes, but 12 of them at once (especially in Harvest, Abyss, Delirium, and worst of all Blight) was just insane and absolutely catering to the .01% of players.

The Ephemeral Edge Unique Sword no longer has 150% increased Physical Damage, or 0.6-1% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana. Instead, it now Adds 1 to 75 to Lightning Damage, and has Attacks with this Weapon have Added maximum Lightning Damage equal to 20% of your Energy Shield. It also now has 25% reduced maximum Life (previously 10%).

Bruh.

Ya all the unique reworks are cracked and i cant wait to find em

J3qcnBP.png
    Jesus new trickster seems insane

30% more dmg with recovery on kill

Perma unstoppable with a minor tailwind, along with passive perma temp chains aura?

Pure dmg mitigation on spell suppression????

Heartstopper giga buffed????

League start rf trickster??!?!?!?

J3qcnBP.png
  • EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    Jesus new trickster seems insane

30% more dmg with recovery on kill

Perma unstoppable with a minor tailwind, along with passive perma temp chains aura?

Pure dmg mitigation on spell suppression????

Heartstopper giga buffed????

League start rf trickster??!?!?!?

Yeah that's my plan. It was already good, now it's going to be REALLY good. Which ascendencies to take will be interesting, especially after the ES switch. At league start, especially since I'm probably going to be heisting since I'm playing RF anyway (and 6c for 2x smugglers cache on map device is SUPER good), heartstopper, polymath, one step, escape artist is pretty straightforward, but which of those to drop to get spellbreaker after the LL switch is going to be a hard choice. Probably...heartstopper? which is crazy because the buffed heartstopper is nuts.

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
    edited August 2022
    dont do this to urself dont play rf

u can save urself

also i work as a private tutor part time and one of my pupils just started playing poe (i never mentioned it to him) and its kind of heartwarming seeing him at level 18 getting excited about stuff

tho he thought chris wilson was chris pratt

also permanent skellingtons on alberons is cool

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    I'm justifying it to myself by saying it's to check out the new trickster. Worst case I respec into something cooler as a trickster, or WORST WORST case I respec into explosive trap Sabo like an ape. But heist + RF is just so easy and it's infinite money on minimal investment. Though having said that, realistically I'd go RF inq instead if I REALLY wanted minimal investment but new trickster sounds pretty cool to me...

My other thought was doing chaos conversion/poison animate weapon which is going to be nuts IMO but I've already played that build. I am willing to suffer AW playstyle but not for long, plus not the best heister though it's fine. Easier respecs though, witch has an bunch of fun builds I want to play. Still wanna roll a selfcast FR.

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
    edited August 2022
    4blue triad grip full lightning conversion chains of command

give ur ag gravebind and inpulsa (if boring could paradoxica but whatever u like really, brain rattler etc)

stack shock effect on the ag/weaps and go lightning conduit

bam now we got ourselves a build

o yea and u go sign of the sin eater for big smite

o yea also full lightning phantasms are still busted if u know the techmology, real gs be abusing

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    The Bramblejack Unique Body Armour no longer has Adds 2 to 4 Physical Damage to Attacks. It now has -10 to -15 Physical Damage taken from Attack Hits (previously -2), +30-60 to maximum Life (previously +12-20), and 1000% of Melee Physical Damage taken reflected to Attacker (previously 40%). Existing versions of this unique can be made more reflective with a Divine Orb.

oh sick but i bet they had to nerf crown of the pale king to account for this
    The Crown of the Pale King Unique Helmet no longer has 30% of Damage you Reflect to Enemies when Hit is gained as Life. Instead, it now has 100% of Damage you Reflect to Enemies when Hit is leeched as Life.

ywxcyj4pwlfy.jpg

obF2Wuw.png
  • XantusXantus Registered User regular
    Problem: Labyrinth-enchanted helmets can grant increased Molten Shell buff effect. A player could reasonably assume that buff effect in this context applies to the amount of armour granted, the percentage of damage absorbed by the buff, and the maximum amount of damage absorbed by the buff. In reality, however, it only affects the amount of armour granted. This makes the Molten Shell buff effect helmet enchants quite misleading, as well as underpowered.
    Solution: Disable these helmet enchantments.

really GGG? lol they really are buff-phobic.

Fixed a bug where Cremation did not roll for critical strikes for each projectile.

guess this will be my meme-starter.

edited August 2022
    Lightning Cyclone elementalist using the two new lightning spells (cast on crit with cyclone) with the 100% increased lightning ailments with thunderfist?

Stack that int, stack that ES, stack those power charges.

Hm.

jungleroomx on
    The Leer Cast Unique Helmet now has 25% reduced Damage (previously 30%), +60-100 to maximum Life (previously +20-30), +60-100 to maximum Mana (previously +20-30), and you and nearby allies gain 50% increased Damage (previously 15%). Existing versions of this unique can be updated to these new values using a Divine Orb.

free 35% damage for builds that run an ag, dank
    The Magnate Unique Belt no longer has 25-40% increased Global Physical Damage, or +20-25% to all Elemental Resistances while you have at least 200 Strength. Instead, it now has +20-25% to all Elemental Resistances, 10% chance to deal Double Damage while you have at least 200 Strength, and 5% chance to deal Triple Damage while you have at least 400 Strength.

muscle WIZARD muscle WIZARD
    The Marohi Erqi Unique Mace no longer has Adds 30 to 40 to Physical Damage, 10% reduced Movement Speed, or Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 15 Pulverise. It now has 25% reduced Attack Speed (previously 10%), -500 to Accuracy Rating (previously -100), and 400-500% increased Physical Damage (previously 200-230%).

big HAMMER big HAMMER
    The Meginord's Vise Unique Gloves no longer have 10% increased Global Physical Damage, or Regenerate 2% of Life per second with at least 400 Strength. Instead, it now has 100% increased Knockback Distance, Melee Hits with Strike Skills Always Knockback, and Melee Strike Skills deal Splash Damage to surrounding targets. It also now has +50 to Strength (previously +100).

free splash!
    The Ralakesh's Impatience Unique Boots no longer has Gain a Frenzy, Endurance, or Power Charge once per second while you are Stationary. Instead, it now causes Your minimum Frenzy, Endurance and Power Charges to be equal to your maximum while you are Stationary. It also now has 30% increased Movement Speed (previously 20%).

actually really cool

obF2Wuw.png
    edited August 2022
    The Ralakesh's Impatience Unique Boots no longer has Gain a Frenzy, Endurance, or Power Charge once per second while you are Stationary. Instead, it now causes Your minimum Frenzy, Endurance and Power Charges to be equal to your maximum while you are Stationary. It also now has 30% increased Movement Speed (previously 20%).

actually really cool

shit, multiflicker discharge is back?

Xantus on
    guess im league starting a glancing blow thousand-teeth temu, crown of pale king bramblejack build
    The Thousand Teeth Temu Unique Shield no longer has 10% of Damage you Reflect to Enemies when Hit is gained as Life. It now Reflects 1000 to 10000 Physical Damage to Attackers on Block (previously 1 to 1000), and has +10% Chance to Block (previously +5%).

so long as i dont get one shot i will never take damage, im pretending degens dont exist

obF2Wuw.png
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Xantus wrote: »
    Problem: Labyrinth-enchanted helmets can grant increased Molten Shell buff effect. A player could reasonably assume that buff effect in this context applies to the amount of armour granted, the percentage of damage absorbed by the buff, and the maximum amount of damage absorbed by the buff. In reality, however, it only affects the amount of armour granted. This makes the Molten Shell buff effect helmet enchants quite misleading, as well as underpowered.
    Solution: Disable these helmet enchantments.

really GGG? lol they really are buff-phobic.

Fixed a bug where Cremation did not roll for critical strikes for each projectile.

guess this will be my meme-starter.

I mean, this is actually a reasonable buff. Makes it more likely you get an enchant you actually want.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular

actually really cool

You can't spend charges while at your minimum charges so you'd need to find a way to make flicker/discharge instant cast so you can cast while moving. Probably doable for discharge(CoC on a movement skill or something) but not sure about flickerstrike.

Last Son wrote: »

actually really cool

You can't spend charges while at your minimum charges so you'd need to find a way to make flicker/discharge instant cast so you can cast while moving. Probably doable for discharge(CoC on a movement skill or something) but not sure about flickerstrike.

ohh right.. well i think i'll aim at Alberons boots anyways.. i never play minions and permanent skellies has got to be good for something..