As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] What We Do in the Shadows (Beyond Light expansion coming Nov. 10!)

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Vladimer wrote: »
    Mountaintop not being an exception to sunsetting is proof that Bungie hates us

Mountaintop is a REASON for sunsetting. Excluding it would be absurd.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Yeah, I imagine re-issuing a lot of weapons will over time give us a really similar set of available equipment, minus the outstanding pinnacle stuff.

Which kind of sucks, but I get it.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I want an exotic Mountaintop+catalyst to keep and hold and love forever.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    I want an exotic Mountaintop+catalyst to keep and hold and love forever.

It seemed like they introduced Witherhoard to try and fill part of that desire, though they are very different weapons.

• Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    Vladimer wrote: »
    Mountaintop not being an exception to sunsetting is proof that Bungie hates us

Mountaintop is a REASON for sunsetting. Excluding it would be absurd.

Yeah....I wasn't being serious

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    In the Prophecy cube room, when Toland is on the roof, does it matter at all which way you rotate the room?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »
    In the Prophecy cube room, when Toland is on the roof, does it matter at all which way you rotate the room?

Nope.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Oh forgot to share the fresh hatemail I got last night! Apparently the new thing to hate is Auto Rifles
    b1fluhnj7qj0.png

I'm gonna start a list of Gamertags labeled "babies for life" of everyone who's ever complained to me about my loadout

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Probably should edit out that person’s real name, at the very least.

• Options
    They're the ones who made it publicly available to everyone who looks at their profile and decided to send hatemail. I'm not exactly doxxing them posting it to this thread of about 50 people or whatever.

• Options
    I complain about Jay's loadout to him verbally so there's no evidence of how lame I think he is.

• Options
    They're the ones who made it publicly available to everyone who looks at their profile and decided to send hatemail. I'm not exactly doxxing them posting it to this thread of about 50 people or whatever.

I guess you got a point. But just because some young knucklehead isn’t overtly protective of their privacy doesn’t mean we can’t strive to preserve it out of our own decency.

Not a big deal, simply more used to anti-Witchhunting guidelines on reddit, really.

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »

I guess you got a point. But just because some young knucklehead isn’t overtly protective of their privacy doesn’t mean we can’t strive to preserve it out of our own decency.

Not a big deal, simply more used to anti-Witchhunting guidelines on reddit, really.

Fair enough, I can try to scribble it out in the future. In the end this guy is probably sending hatemail just about every other match, so they are bound to run across someone more nefarious than these forums. It's not like I'm asking people to go report them en masse or expecting people to dogpile them, usually the names help just.. paint a picture :bzz:

I used to always redact the names but after a while got lazy and nobody seemed to care. With the real name thing especially you have to go out of your way to enable it so everyone can see it so that's like, on them.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Very tempted by this exchange to edit the thread title to "Ethan Mitchell is a certified baby for life."

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    First attempt at Prophecy boss, death after 3/3.5 million boss damage. I had already died in cube (hilariously) so it didn’t cost me a flawless. But I can feel the pain in my future.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Very tempted by this exchange to edit the thread title to "Ethan Mitchell is a certified baby for life."

The Darkness speaks to you too, I see.

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »
    GMaster7 wrote: »

The Darkness speaks to you too, I see.

bdx1xccg9co9.jpg

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Looks like someone has a case of the Certified Baby 4 Life Blues.

• Options
    sorry i certified 2 mny times 4 u bby

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Wait, we're not allowed to use auto rifles in any crucible? Was this posted in the company break room?

Can we add snipers to that list?

• Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    Wait, we're not allowed to use auto rifles in any crucible? Was this posted in the company break room?

Given the list of things I'm not allowed to use is getting very long, it's easier to list the things people don't have a problem with:

Shotguns

Seriously every single person who bags me/ sends hate mail is usually shotgun rushdown and just mad they're getting Arbalest'd/Auto'd into the dirt

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Seriously every single person who bags me/ sends hate mail is usually shotgun rushdown and just mad they're getting Arbalest'd/Auto'd into the dirt

I know what I'm doing tonight.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I would never complain about autos, that's ridiculous. But Arbalest usually feels like a war crime when people use it. I do hate that one.

• Options
    I would never complain about autos, that's ridiculous. But Arbalest usually feels like a war crime when people use it. I do hate that one.

In the world of Bastion, Jotunn and Antaeus, it's the one solace I have; nothing pisses off Slidey Bois like getting doink'd

• Options
    The sound of Arbalest charging can instill no fear, having endured the incessant woodpecker plink of a MIDA firing from every hidden nook on Widow’s Court.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I also got some Destiny mail yesterday, what do you call the opposite of hate mail? ... Praise mail?

s176fqqqif5h.jpeg

Outfit he referred to.
    wi3m8eqh0bps.jpeg

I like medium armor look on Warlock, sadly there isnt too many options.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    It's all fan mail.

• Options
    First attempt at Prophecy boss, death after 3/3.5 million boss damage. I had already died in cube (hilariously) so it didn’t cost me a flawless. But I can feel the pain in my future.

3.2/3.5

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    oh are we doing a drip check
    bVC4HpY.jpg
    FsEIxKz.jpg

Apologies to everyone else in the thread, but this is actually, actually the best-looking shit I have ever, EVER seen. Goodness.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular

3.2/3.5

Progress!

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I was in that match with Jay, the guy was saying we should 2v2 him and his (similarly salty t-bagging but not as good) buddy. It's the closest I've ever come to saying that we actually should because fuck those guys.

For reference it was a control match on bannerfall, we led the whole way and never by less than 20 points, and those guys and us were top frags on our respective teams. Their insane chest pounding kinda made sense, in a desperately insecure way.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Exotics are exempt from sunsetting, right?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Exotics are exempt from sunsetting, right?

Yes, for now.

• Options
    That was an interesting experience and I learned a lot doing it. Getting to boss wasn’t terribly difficult, and when I started it seemed like the boss fight would be the easiest bit! Wrong.

3 damage phases, without much trouble getting to the boss.

gaziRlb_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Then got destroyed on the 4th tile, and couldn’t get to damage.

3 damage phases.

OXT7tZP_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Then death.

2 damage phases.

lg35VUc_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Then crushed it on the 3rd. So I guess I just gotta go for a 3-phase kill.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    I hear they're sunsetting glimmer, silver and bright dust next.

*ducks*

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I hear they're sunsetting glimmer, silver and bright dust next.

*ducks*

Is this a reference to something? Because it sounds like a good idea to me!

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Now introducing Shimmer, Gold and Shiny Dust.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    In case anyone doesn't know what they're talking about at the beginning of this week's TW@B, this is the deal:

https://youtu.be/m-2Wv9QRJqE

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular

I’d like to point out I was using auto rifles before they were cool.

Because I’m terrible, and I need as many bullets as possible to kill someone.

Also, pulse rifles.

• Options
    I'm not in love with pulse rifles at the moment, it really feels like too many trigger pulls. I do have a couple full auto ones that seem ok, I'm saying pulse rifles are ok when they're actually just auto rifles I guess.