[Destiny 2] What We Do in the Shadows. (Beyond Light expansion coming Nov. 10!)

16364656769

Posts

  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    The pinnacle rewards for getting to the top of PVP/performing crazy PVP feats basically should have always been dope looking armor and it's baffling that any other discussion even happened

    It's not like this is new. Vex Mythoclast in Destiny 1 was absurdly OP, even worse than any of the pinnacles nowadays (and I include Mountaintop). That's opinion, obviously, but Vex was batshit crazy compared to other weapons of its time.

    When called out on it, I can't source it, but I swear they mumbled something about not thinking it would be a big deal because they didn't think Vex Mythoclast would be common / in the wild in enough numbers to really matter. I.e., they knew it was crazy OP.
    T4CT wrote: »
    am i the only destiny 2 player who does not give a shit about the adored looking the same as the beloved

    they're very obviously supposed to be related guns idk, every issue I have with it basically stems from like...sunsetting. but in the context of sunsetting existing if you want to make graphical adjustments to a gun people like so that it's visually a little different and then re-release it, sure, fine

    You're not the only person who doesn't care. Of high profile people, I know Aztecross doesn't give a shit. Weapons could look identical to him, he just wants them to have different perks or stats to differentiate it. I'm sure others feel the same way.

    I don't agree with it, but it's not a terrible argument. There's logic to it. Unfortunately for Bungie, it very neatly ties into the conception that they can't come anywhere close to handling the pipeline for this game and that they rehash / kitbash / reskin too many items and places or events.

    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    reskins definitely look lazy, to me, when the guns are supposed to be really high level pursuits for the year. sunsetting looks extremely lazy when they sunset a gun and then have the same exact gun in the new list with a different icon next to it.

    Local H JaySirialisshoeboxjeddyBasilDyvim Tvar
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    like Breakneck, as far as I am aware, is a completely unique weapon. That is really exciting to me and it's half the reason i still use it!

  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Well, I've been losing a lot but then the matchmaker decided I should have this game. No deaths until the end of round 3, when their sole survivor decides to super in front of my face out of spite or whatever.




    Hooray, an undefeated medal in comp!

    icon.png facebookIcon.png tumblrIcon.png
    is this how nations are born
    Local H JayShamus
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    There's one pursuit weapon for the season? Or perhaps for the expansion pack. That is not the place to kitbash. That's like kitbashing an exotic. Bungie is both good and bad at once, your binary suggested earlier is fundamentally flawed. They make good content that is fun to play and then kneecap it with horrible decision making, or cut corners in areas that are EXTREMELY visible, rather than less harmful places. Making some of the new guns from the upcoming seasons redos? Sure, depending on the choices, people might even like that. Making the big ticket reward gun for doing the big quest a reskin? What... reaction did they expect? Are they going to release Soft Light as the next seasonal exotic?

    Yes, there is only one pursuit weapon a season. when you pick up the quest, you decide if you want to do the pursuit as Crucible, Gambit, or Strikes. When you make that choice, you are locked in. Once you get the weapon, you open up three new quests for three ornaments, one for each activity. Personally, I like this WAY more than the old way, where I was guaranteed to never get one of the pursuit weapons because I am terrible at Crucible.

    PSN|AspectVoid
    Wraith260CptHamilton
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited September 15
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    There's one pursuit weapon for the season? Or perhaps for the expansion pack. That is not the place to kitbash. That's like kitbashing an exotic. Bungie is both good and bad at once, your binary suggested earlier is fundamentally flawed. They make good content that is fun to play and then kneecap it with horrible decision making, or cut corners in areas that are EXTREMELY visible, rather than less harmful places. Making some of the new guns from the upcoming seasons redos? Sure, depending on the choices, people might even like that. Making the big ticket reward gun for doing the big quest a reskin? What... reaction did they expect? Are they going to release Soft Light as the next seasonal exotic?

    Yes, there is only one pursuit weapon a season. when you pick up the quest, you decide if you want to do the pursuit as Crucible, Gambit, or Strikes. When you make that choice, you are locked in. Once you get the weapon, you open up three new quests for three ornaments, one for each activity. Personally, I like this WAY more than the old way, where I was guaranteed to never get one of the pursuit weapons because I am terrible at Crucible.

    The method of getting the pursuit weapon seems better to me as well. Reusing the model from an earlier gun strikes me as really bad for this type of content, specifically. We have to work to earn it... they didn't want to work to make it, though.

    shoeboxjeddy on
    cursedkingBasilDyvim Tvar
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Apparently it's stab supers in the face day.



    That gets me back into Mythic, now I just need to climb back to Mythic II and I'll be back to where I was a few weeks ago.

    icon.png facebookIcon.png tumblrIcon.png
    is this how nations are born
    Elki
  • PeenPeen tw1tch0rz occasionallyRegistered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    There's one pursuit weapon for the season? Or perhaps for the expansion pack. That is not the place to kitbash. That's like kitbashing an exotic. Bungie is both good and bad at once, your binary suggested earlier is fundamentally flawed. They make good content that is fun to play and then kneecap it with horrible decision making, or cut corners in areas that are EXTREMELY visible, rather than less harmful places. Making some of the new guns from the upcoming seasons redos? Sure, depending on the choices, people might even like that. Making the big ticket reward gun for doing the big quest a reskin? What... reaction did they expect? Are they going to release Soft Light as the next seasonal exotic?

    Yes, there is only one pursuit weapon a season. when you pick up the quest, you decide if you want to do the pursuit as Crucible, Gambit, or Strikes. When you make that choice, you are locked in. Once you get the weapon, you open up three new quests for three ornaments, one for each activity. Personally, I like this WAY more than the old way, where I was guaranteed to never get one of the pursuit weapons because I am terrible at Crucible.

    The method of getting the pursuit weapon seems better to me as well. Reusing the model from an earlier gun strikes me as really bad for this type of content, specifically. We have to work to earn it... they didn't want to work to make it, though.

    Almost all of the pinnacle weapons have been reused models though? I mean I get your point, I do, but the almost none of the pinnacle weapons had a unique model, I don't see why this one is so surprising.

    shryke
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    It's not that it's surprising, more just the latest entry in "Bungie let us down"

    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
    PS4 - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    Dyvim Tvar
  • PeenPeen tw1tch0rz occasionallyRegistered User regular
    Did you have that complaint about any of the other ones though? It feels like nitpicking for picking nit's sake, we actually have no idea about what loot is coming in Beyond Light except for the armor they've shown and the one gun (and the Stranger's Rifle I guess), it feels premature in a meanspirited way to already have decided that Bungie let us down.

    metaghost
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    any time i see a reused gun model i roll my eyes, yeah. it's pretty lame.

    Sirialis
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited September 15
    Specifically with stuff like Recluse and Revoker, it didn't feel like that big a deal at the time because I didn't use the guns that used those models before anyways. Add on that they actually did have Ornaments for the guns to make them even more unique, like the Revoker skin that adds a giant crucible sigil to the top.

    Again I don't think its lazy, they're doing it out of need to save money on developing new stuff. I get it. But this is the big fall expansion, and I want to be hyped for the new stuff. I'd prefer if the new stuff looked... Well, new.

    Keep in mind they're being back VoG, and while that's awesome I totally want and expect them to come up with a new lore reason for being there, change up the gear instead of just giving us the same loot we collected twice in the first game. That's what I mean, it's fine to reuse stuff but you gotta make it feel distinct enough so it's not so in our faces

    Local H Jay on
    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
    PS4 - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    shoeboxjeddyShadowfireDyvim Tvar
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Its worrying that they havent said a peep about transmog in ages.

  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Its worrying that they havent said a peep about transmog in ages.

    They seem to really dislike the concept. I doubt they've not said anything because it isn't happening anymore. I think they just don't like talking about it and are only implementing it because they feel like they're being forced.

    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    Basil
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I've seen some people going for Master Smith in here lately, and I've been running forges again to close out Izanagi/Threat Level kills and armor on alts, so I thought I would do a little write for the farm:

    THE LOOP(tm):

    1) Grab the Hammerhead bounty from Ada-1. This is the fastest weapon to complete because of step 2.
    2) Put on Sleeper and load into NM Leviathan. There will two rows of orange bar cabal at the end of the platform you spawn on, use sleeper to 1-hit body shot all 3 at once, then quickly move to the other side and do the same thing.
    3) Go to orbit and repeat step 2 three more times. You always load in with 3 shots, so no ammo worries. On one run, soften up and sleeper kill one of the two big guys behind the 6 smaller guys (you need 25 total kills, the 4x of 6 guys leaves you one short).
    4) For the radiant mats, go to Mars and head to Ma'adim Subterrane. You can jump right to the boss from the start without having to fight anything. Bring a sword, throw a oppressive darkness nade at the boss and spin to win on him. do this twice to get the seeds.
    5) Head back to Ada and then go to the forge.
    6) Back to Ada to grab a new frame for 6 reports and do 1-5 again.

    If you run low on reports, just go back to the forges after doing the leviathan kills. There's enough "difficult" enemies to get the 20 seeds if you just keep an eye out for them.

  • HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    edited September 15
    cursedking wrote: »
    like Breakneck, as far as I am aware, is a completely unique weapon. That is really exciting to me and it's half the reason i still use it!

    I regret to inform you that, not only is Santa Claus not real, he's the reason your parents got divorced:

    Breakneck:
    y3wh6ooqs21y.jpg

    Hazard of the Cast:
    eilss8r2vd2i.jpg


    The real question I guess then is, with this knowledge, does it make you like using it less?

    Hyperion on
    XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
    Zombie GandhiPeenshryke
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I get it, reusing weapons can suck. I was upset when I found out my Last Perdition was being sunset yet you can get Last Perditions from Shaxx that scale through next year. Feels shitty

    But this feels different with Adored. It’s a ritual weapon, so it’s going to have a set roll, with possibly perks Beloved (or any previous weapon) has never had. Everyone will have the same Adored. It’s built upon the bones of Beloved though, which I’m sure is because they recognize people like the feel of that sniper, so I think the “scarf” is maybe kinda lazy but also helps indicate yes, this will feel like that one sniper you like

    Idk, doesn’t seem like a big deal to me.

    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    It's not a big deal, it's a small deal, just one of many many small deals that adds up to maybe a middle sized deal

    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
    PS4 - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    Dyvim Tvar
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Another good example is the Black Hammer to Whisper progression. Very similar gun, extremely different look visually and one is a legendary while the other is a full blown exotic. That's an example of doing a "kitbash" right.

    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
    PS4 - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    shoeboxjeddyDyvim Tvar
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Hyperion wrote: »
    cursedking wrote: »
    like Breakneck, as far as I am aware, is a completely unique weapon. That is really exciting to me and it's half the reason i still use it!

    I regret to inform you that, not only is Santa Claus not real, he's the reason your parents got divorced:

    Breakneck:
    y3wh6ooqs21y.jpg

    Hazard of the Cast:
    eilss8r2vd2i.jpg


    The real question I guess then is, with this knowledge, does it make you like using it less?

    that's not the same gun, one of them is wrapped in leather!

    HyperionBasil
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited September 15
    It's kind of how they said Beyond Light is coming with one new strike, but they're adding in the Cosmodrome strikes eventually. That's great as I liked those strikes / I haven't done them in years. I will enjoy them....

    ....but I don't consider those two strikes new content. I've paid for and played them before and it does mean I feel the new expansion is only giving me one new strike.

    The weapon use is more forgiving (especially if they have new or different perks), but it's the fact that they do it with so many weapons....that's bothersome. I'm not saying it's an Anthem or Avengers style dumpster fire by any means. I think the above described bit of being let down is the most accurate for me. Again, like Jay said, small issues that maybe make a middle sized issue and the gameplay is good enough that I ignore it when I can.

    Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    Dyvim Tvar
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    I hope Bungie goes full meta and releases an ornament that puts a scarf on every gun.

    Shadowfire
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited September 15
    Given the name, one assumes Adored is the result of a deliberate attempt to look like Beloved. I'm guessing it's gonna be the same archetype and with some interesting and hopefully good possible perk combos on it.

    I'm thinking it's gonna be some kind of Felwinter's Lie type situation where they are gonna hand out a new sniper and set a kind of baseline solid roll for a sniper of that sort that anyone can get.

    I'm sure it's easier from a resource standpoint but it seems like it's also kinda the point. They are bringing back a much beloved weapon in a tweaked form and the visual design has nods to the older weapon.

    shryke on
    T4CT
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    The real place they are obviously cutting corners here is that there's only 1 ritual weapon instead of 3.

    ShamusShadowfireT4CT
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Lake of Shadows Grandmaster double loot means a chance at 4 ascendant shards in one strike.
    Guesd it is farm week

    Local H JayshrykeShamusForever ZefiroDyvim Tvar
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    The real place they are obviously cutting corners here is that there's only 1 ritual weapon instead of 3.

    The funny part is that if they weren't going to make new weapons to begin with, they could have done 10 of them...

  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    The real place they are obviously cutting corners here is that there's only 1 ritual weapon instead of 3.

    That reminds me I have a few of them to finish.

    I also want to see if I can get 1,000 Crucible kills on the Oxygen SR3 before the expansion drops. I’m at 12, time to climb the mountain.

  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Given the name, one assumes Adored is the result of a deliberate attempt to look like Beloved. I'm guessing it's gonna be the same archetype and with some interesting and hopefully good possible perk combos on it.

    I'm thinking it's gonna be some kind of Felwinter's Lie type situation where they are gonna hand out a new sniper and set a kind of baseline solid roll for a sniper of that sort that anyone can get.

    I'm sure it's easier from a resource standpoint but it seems like it's also kinda the point. They are bringing back a much beloved weapon in a tweaked form and the visual design has nods to the older weapon.
    This is where I find myself in a weird situation. I despise reskinning / kitbashing, but for some reason I am fine with Adored because it's the point of the weapon. It's literally Beloved, modified, so it should look like it.

    Give me a lore reason and I'll accept a lot.

    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    T4CT
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited September 16
    I don't think that's a bad idea per se, but again it feeds into the idea that bungie likes to take our toys away, and then give us back a version that's "officially bungie sanctioned"

    Don't get me wrong I'm glad a lot of D1 and early D2 stuff is coming back. It just sucks they made such a heavy emphasis on sunsetting/vaulting certain guns and then immediately giving us either the same thing or a version of it back, tuned to be in line with what bungie wants for the sandbox. Some of these things are needed and I'm glad they're addressing that Godrolls dominate high end PvP, but the solution seems a little annoying. I barely used my Mindbenders, and Felwinters just doesn't feel as good. I'm sure they'll give it back, or something like it, but... I liked mine

    Anyways, not my hill to die on, just my thoughts *teleports away*

    Local H Jay on
    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
    PS4 - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I’ve joined the club.

    ww6mPsJ.jpg

    smCQ5WE.jpg
    shrykeCptHamiltonLocal H JayShamusWraith260ArteenZombie GandhiShadowfirechemicalkbStupidSirialisDisrupterGMaster7
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The box is really nice. Feels like bungie is proposing to us.

    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
    PS4 - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    Elki
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    My connection must be set to sweaty because these Control matches are insane.

  • OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    I'd actually be fine with them bringing back some of those underutilized weapons. Such as some EDZ weapons like Lincoln Green, or some of those hakke-brand mars weapons. They all look really cool.

  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I’ll run the GM a bunch tomorrow, but today I ran a couple of master nightfalls and got a 25 mobility Wormhusk. I don’t think I can do any better.

    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Oh I lusted after a Lincoln Green back in the day...


    26904.png
  • OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    Oh I lusted after a Lincoln Green back in the day...

    It's not our fault it's so sexy!

    9fzaxylwh8e31.png?auto=webp&s=1b182abee6934ca6ddc76d0f7bf84e34c7608835


    Telemachus-C gets my vote for best-and-meanest looking weapon in the game though. And it's a scout rifle!

    3b6ftm0e8or41.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=3a869002458851781334f6d737cecbdc0c8be654




    Shamus
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    A weapon that needs to come back, in some form, is DFA. I can’t think of a cooler looking gun that became obsolete faster. If you got it the second it became available, you had it for 5 months before random rolls became a thing. But most people didn’t get it so fast, so they probably had for much less time, or didn’t even get it until after Forsaken dropped.

    It deserves a second life.

    smCQ5WE.jpg
    shrykePeen
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    So I decided to go pick up the Thorn quest since I figured I'd give it a shot despite me not passing the Crucible/Gambit hills of Last Word and Malfeasance's quests yet. And it was only after I left the EDZ that I found out I accidentally picked up the start of the Lumina quest instead. Guess I'm doing all four guns' questlines now!

    Basil
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Lumina is one of my favorite guns for low-key PVE grinding. It just never ever needs to reload and you just shoot and buff and kill and shoot and shoot and shoot without rest.

  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    4 ascendant shards, 4 prisms, and an exotic, out of one GM that takes about 30 minutes to run.

    smCQ5WE.jpg
    Wraith260BizazedoPeen
Sign In or Register to comment.