As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] What We Do in the Shadows (Beyond Light expansion coming Nov. 10!)

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    I like this season. Is 1050 the max light level for trials?

1060. 1050 is the non-pinnacle cap.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Thank you PC crew for that very smooth Scourge run, we got 3 people anarchy, including me yaaay

I grow ever nearer to being ready to solo prophecy

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I'm about season level 73 - while there's something satisfying about stacking up a ton of bounties and then contemplating the most efficient way to do them, it's kind of exhausting and I cant wait until I hit 100 and get that part of my brain back.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    So in December 2019, Bungie says they fixed Savathun's Song not counting as a Hive boss kill for the weekly bounty. I just did it, and it didn't count. Did they re-break it?

So in December 2019, Bungie says they fixed Savathun's Song not counting as a Hive boss kill for the weekly bounty. I just did it, and it didn't count. Did they re-break it?

I think that counted for me this week.

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    So after finally finishing our blind run of Prophecy (we failed at the boss last week and waited for post-reset), I just gotta say.... this seems way harder than Pit of Heresy, so you solo people are a breed of crazy/tenacious/skillful that I doubt I'm going to try and reach.

Godspeed you mad Guardians, cause that shit seems bonkers.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Sometimes you get a piece and it feels like the game just knows you’ve been maining Shinobus.
    16ea8325-df21-4074-82f9-e6de91f39a7d_Thumbnail.PNG

I would burn half for my vault for 2 more 60+ pieces with stat distributions like this.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    It’s..beautiful.

• HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Hit 4500 glory

There was a lot of hnng and clutch wins

So close to legend

edited June 2020
    Huggles wrote: »
    Hit 4500 glory

There was a lot of hnng and clutch wins

So close to legend

Nice! Just gotta keep grinding from this point on, you’re already past the hump in difficultly that comes after fabled.

Try to win streak if you can, those jumps are huge compared to win-lose-win-lose-win

Edit: basically, if you made it to 4500, you can make it to legend, just gotta play the through matches and keep a cool head. Don’t change loadouts too much either, I think last time I did my push I had two, crimson/erentil and MT/Luna’s. Consistency is king.

ronzo on
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I see the solstice gear in the regular crucible probably a few times a week while doing my pinnacles and such. It makes it very easy to spot and shoot them!

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I got a bow finally! Then I got another one! And I got to try them out and.. hey, did you know bows are awesome? Because they fucking are! I feel like the game is in a completely different place than when I last played it because I never thought my favorite loadout would be bow/sidearm, but here we are.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    In related weapon news, I bought the grenade launcher from Xur and it's also a blast. I enjoy my little exploding spiders chasing enemies around and making them get blowed up.

But is the exotic engram you can buy a scam? It says it will give you one that you don't already own, and if you already own them all you'll get a piece of armor instead. But I got a piece of armor last week and this week, and the one last week was one I already owned.

Shadowfire wrote: »
    In related weapon news, I bought the grenade launcher from Xur and it's also a blast. I enjoy my little exploding spiders chasing enemies around and making them get blowed up.

But is the exotic engram you can buy a scam? It says it will give you one that you don't already own, and if you already own them all you'll get a piece of armor instead. But I got a piece of armor last week and this week, and the one last week was one I already owned.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there are some exotics that are part of the random loot pool, and some exotics that are locked behind quests that you cannot get randomly. You might have everything that's in the loot pool.

august wrote: »

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there are some exotics that are part of the random loot pool, and some exotics that are locked behind quests that you cannot get randomly. You might have everything that's in the loot pool.

It's possible, but it would be surprising I guess. I stopped playing before Forsaken came out.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Yeah, pretty much every Exotic Weapon since Forsaken has either been a Quest Item or a part of a given season's pass, so those are all excluded from Xur's Engram.

And unless you are fully up to date on content ownership, the armors available will be pretty limited.

There are a bunch of weapons that are behind quests, raids, and events. Before shadowkeep, it used to not show those to you, and would at most have a box show up with “classified/redacted” or the like in the kinetic/energy/power categories.

Armor are all just in the pool. So once you’ve gotten all pool-available weapons, it will only give you armor, and it will decide that drop randomly, with random stats.

The following weapons are definitely quest/raid/event rewards:
    Wish-Ender
    Malfeasance
    Ace of Spades
    Izanagi's Burden
    The Last Word
    Thorn
    Outbreak Perfected
    Bad Juju
    Lumina
    Witherhoard
    Polaris Lance
    Jotunn
    Le Monarque
    Tarrabah
    Eriana's Vow
    Divinity
    Symmetry
    Tommy's Matchbook
    Legend of Acrius
    Sleeper Simulant
    Whisper of the Worm
    One Thousand Voices
    Anarchy
    Truth
    Xenophage
    Levithan's Breath
    Heir Apparent.

This probably isn't even all of the weapons not in the general loot pool, I'm just not sure of the status of stuff like Devils Ruin or Bastion. Its actually a much larger list than I thought when I started making it.

Which of these activities that I've never done do ya'll think would be fun and/or rewarding?

Menagerie.

Black Armory - I guess I should do enough of this to get Izanagi's Burden?

Nightmare Hunts - the rewards for this seem to be good excursively against nightmares so that doesn't seem great.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Which of these activities that I've never done do ya'll think would be fun and/or rewarding?

Menagerie.

Nightmare Hunts - the rewards for this seem to be good excursively against nightmares so that doesn't seem great.

Try and play enough forges to get all the Black Armory exotics.

Otherwise, Menagerie is really fun. And once you get Izanagi's Burden, you can get the catalyst from heroic Menagerie.

Menagerie.

Menagerie is impossible to fail, it just takes more time with bad teammates. Its a mix of mini-raid challenges from both D1 and D2, and is quite fun. Choosing your own rewards doesn't hurt either, and if you pick rune combos that rewards weapons with reissues this season (like bad omens, for example) it will drop a arrivals season version that will be useful through most of next year.

Forges - Possible to fail, but Jötunn, Le Monarch, and Izanagi's** are all super worth it. I would list the weapons to farm here, but since they are all getting sunset, I'll just say to farm for a hammerhead for regular PVP.

Nightmare Hunts: Not worth it unless you mean to do the Master-level and time trial hunts for the cosmetics to complete collections. The weapons are all solid, but they are all getting sunset.

I'd say do Menagerie. Its fun, not too hard, and 6 people makes for a shitload of chaos. Do forges only if you want to put the time in for the exotics.

**please note that Izanagi's is only worth it with the catalyst, and that requires a perfected (fully upgraded) chalice, as well as heroic (non-matchmade) Menagerie completion to get.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Master Nightmare Hunt is definitely the fastest pinnacle reward though. If you do a few of the low level match-made ones you can also fairly quickly gather all the mods afaik. And the mods make the boss fights in there significantly easier.

ronzo wrote: »

Menagerie.

Menagerie is impossible to fail, it just takes more time with bad teammates. Its a mix of mini-raid challenges from both D1 and D2, and is quite fun. Choosing your own rewards doesn't hurt either, and if you pick rune combos that rewards weapons with reissues this season (like bad omens, for example) it will drop a arrivals season version that will be useful through most of next year.

Forges - Possible to fail, but Jötunn, Le Monarch, and Izanagi's** are all super worth it. I would list the weapons to farm here, but since they are all getting sunset, I'll just say to farm for a hammerhead for regular PVP.

Nightmare Hunts: Not worth it unless you mean to do the Master-level and time trial hunts for the cosmetics to complete collections. The weapons are all solid, but they are all getting sunset.

I'd say do Menagerie. Its fun, not too hard, and 6 people makes for a shitload of chaos. Do forges only if you want to put the time in for the exotics.

**please note that Izanagi's is only worth it with the catalyst, and that requires a perfected (fully upgraded) chalice, as well as heroic (non-matchmade) Menagerie completion to get.

Izanagi's is still good without the catalyst. It's just not like DPS or whatever optimal without the catalyst.

shryke wrote: »

Menagerie.

Izanagi's is still good without the catalyst. It's just not like DPS or whatever optimal without the catalyst.

I kind of feel that’s the whole point of it though. Without the catalyst, it would be better to use the exotic slot on a better dps weapon, like Xeno, and just use a regular legendary sniper for ranged dps

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Izanagi's is also a great weapon if you want to be an asshole invader and get cheezy long distance body shot kills.

Incidentally...
    0pT9sRTl.png

• XagarXagar Registered User regular
    21 attempts at Prophecy today, I think I might wait until I have another 10 levels and Anarchy...having to do 6 DPS phases may be more than I can take. On the up side, I know the dungeon VERY well now.

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    As a Tractor Cannoning top tree void hunter my invasions tend to, uh, already not involve supers or heavy.

4pho00b5nk1s.jpg

shryke wrote: »

Menagerie.

I kind of feel that’s the whole point of it though. Without the catalyst, it would be better to use the exotic slot on a better dps weapon, like Xeno, and just use a regular legendary sniper for ranged dps

The point of Izanagi's is generally a huge burst of damage. I'm not even sure it's a top tier DPS weapon anymore after the nerfs to it's reload speed.

Without the catalyst the burst is a good chunk smaller but it's still a lot of burst.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    As someone that hasn't played since middle of last year, what's the fastest method right now for ramping up light level and what do I need to be at to take on the Shadowkeep stuff and pre-Beyond Light content?

LL is current only around 850, so I have a ways to go.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    As someone that hasn't played since middle of last year, what's the fastest method right now for ramping up light level and what do I need to be at to take on the Shadowkeep stuff and pre-Beyond Light content?

Until you hit 1000 literally every you do should be a light level increase. Just do anything that makes loot drop and the more the better. Even random blues from chests in a patrol zone will raise your level.

After 1000 you need to do powerful sources. There's an absolute shitton of them, do whichever you want.

Unless you are running multiple characters there's not a ton to do to optimize that grind. The main thing you can do if you have a bunch of umbral engrams or something is to try and use those to focus rewards towards specific slots (weapon or armour basically) that are lagging behind your average level to bring them up. Do that before you pick up more powerfuls if you can. Vendors that are dropping loot at level (you can google to see which ones) can also help with that if you've got a ton of a specific type of token to dump.

If you are running multiple characters start with the one you care least about, level it as much as you can, then switch to another and do the same and if there's a third character switch over and do the same again. Save the one you want the highest level for last.

There it is, flawless run up to boss, then death after two good damage phases on the boss, due to mountaintop user error. Ahahahaha. Haha. Ha.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Izanagi's is also a great weapon if you want to be an asshole invader and get cheezy long distance body shot kills.

Incidentally...
    ]https://i.imgur.com/0pT9sRTl.png
    Had to check mine after seeing this
    qn9rea06bnkd.png

Actually I've nearly completed the Invader page lmao

rc2cw999usun.png

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Jay we are apparently very similar invaders, I have very close to half your invasions.

Hit exactly 1000 light tonight. Wheeee! Got a bow from one of my engrams that's 1001 light. Yay! When did they add weapons being a dyeable slot? Because, even though they never fixed dyes in a real acceptable way (they're still limited?), I think that's kinda cool.

Also having the MMO problem of my gear making me look like a clown. I dig it.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Managing shaders is a hassle for sure, having to move them around, grab a couple out of your collection etc. Hopefully they just fix that when transmog comes in.

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular

Until you reach 1000 - pick a location and grind the shit out of it. Equip anything and everything with a higher number regardless of what roll it has or if it your preferred weapon/armor type or whatever. The goal is just to get higher power. If you find something that really works for you, keep that equipped and infuse it every time you get something better, but this should be pretty uncommon for now. Do all of Banshee's bounties every time you play!

At 1000 - exclusively do things that reward "powerful" rewards. You can do pinnacle rewards too, and they do give slightly larger power increases, but you're going to want to keep those available for the next stage. Everything resets weekly, so if you don't expect to max out at 1050 before the next reset, pinnacles are definitely on the menu. During this stage you should be focusing on building a solid set of gear and infusing it as you slowly increase in power. There's limited options for power gains here and you are going to have to do a little bit of everything to hit all of the powerful rewards. Be sure to complete 8 bounties from Zavala/Shaxx/Banshee/Drifter. Stay flexible in gear selection, but infuse stuff that "fits". Learn to use DIM's loadout optimizer and check it frequently. Expect to cycle gear items in/out frequently as you gain, but you should be narrowing things down as you slowly increase.

At 1050 - focus on "pinnacle" rewards. At this point you should have pretty much solidified your build and have eight to 10 pieces that you use full time. Infuse those with any and all pinnacle drops.

26904.png
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Alrighty then. I'll probably focus in the locations that are going to be vaulted when Beyojd Light hits, they are familiar and I can do a lot of the patrols and adventures up to Dreaming City in my sleep and then run the Shadowkeep story missions.

And holy shit there are a lot if exotic quest now. I have like 10-12, as seemingly every vendor on the Tower was giving them out when I first visited it this weekend.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    I was looking through the collections tab and I didn't realize they added Monte Carlo to the game! That was my favorite gun on my Titan.

I'm gonna have to buy Shadowkeep, I guess.

Elki wrote: »
    There it is, flawless run up to boss, then death after two good damage phases on the boss, due to mountaintop user error. Ahahahaha. Haha. Ha.

you are me

Good news, I know how to make it back to the boss cleanly, as I just did. Unfortunately, I can manage to screw it up again, as I just did. Ugh.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Anarchy GET