As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] What We Do in the Shadows (Beyond Light expansion coming Nov. 10!)

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Gambit knows what it did...

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    because FRICK gambit

Well alright, alright, alright...

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    really should have known better than to mention Gambit. :lol:

• Options
    IDHsill.jpg

I found this on the D2 reddit. This is not a bad idea for this month.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    I was doing some pve, and received a barrage of hate-mail from a guy who looked up my stats after seeing my flawless title, decided that I cheated to get it, and wanted to tell me about it.

Looked up him because I was curious. He has much better stats than me, but never managed to do a confidence run, which was my most memorable and satisfying triumph to do. Sucks to be that guy. Jealousy is a disease.

Also, imagine being jealous of a video game title.
    I just had a conversation about this with one of my best friends. For some people, being "the best" (at a video game) is so important that they will create a specific metric by which to measure themselves and others. It might be logical and it might not. But it has to be measurable, so "having the most fun" is not allowed. Once established, that made-up metric takes precedence over EVERYTHING else and anyone that is "better" than you is obviously cheating since you have to be "the best"...

He was saying how he can't play multiplayer games any more because he instantly creates this internal scheme and then games become "work" because falling behind in whatever that metric is is devastating. He played the stories in Destiny 2 and then quit because the power/gear grind and farming for better weapons/mods feeds right into the "must be the best" paradigm and the need for BiS gear in every slot and doing whatever it takes to hit that constantly moving target is just too streessful.

26904.png
  • Options
    Stupid wrote: »
    I was doing some pve, and received a barrage of hate-mail from a guy who looked up my stats after seeing my flawless title, decided that I cheated to get it, and wanted to tell me about it.

Looked up him because I was curious. He has much better stats than me, but never managed to do a confidence run, which was my most memorable and satisfying triumph to do. Sucks to be that guy. Jealousy is a disease.

I just had a conversation about this with one of my best friends. For some people, being "the best" (at a video game) is so important that they will create a specific metric by which to measure themselves and others. It might be logical and it might not. But it has to be measurable, so "having the most fun" is not allowed. Once established, that made-up metric takes precedence over EVERYTHING else and anyone that is "better" than you is obviously cheating since you have to be "the best"...

He was saying how he can't play multiplayer games any more because he instantly creates this internal scheme and then games become "work" because falling behind in whatever that metric is is devastating. He played the stories in Destiny 2 and then quit because the power/gear grind and farming for better weapons/mods feeds right into the "must be the best" paradigm and the need for BiS gear in every slot and doing whatever it takes to hit that constantly moving target is just too streessful.

Your friend really needs to find out that there are several billion people in the world and they are not the best in literally anything. That's intensely unhealthy (and rather ignorant, frankly).

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

Your friend really needs to find out that there are several billion people in the world and they are not the best in literally anything. That's intensely unhealthy (and rather ignorant, frankly).

Unfortunately, it’s not quite that easy to logic away

That’s like telling someone that’s worried about something “stop worrying, it’s gonna be ok!”

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

That’s like telling someone that’s worried about something “stop worrying, it’s gonna be ok!”

yeah it seems like they've identified that they have a compulsion and what triggers it, and are taking the necessary steps to avoid being taken over by it. which is ultimately the more healthy approach. sometimes you can't just switch these things off and instead need to be mindful of them and adjust accordingly.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

Yeah, the human brain is calibrated for a society with a few hundred people in it as opposed to seven billion, and there's only so much you can do about it.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I had forgotten that the invis and wall hacks from middle tree nightstalker lasts for ten seconds and that the super gives you wall hacks too, what a dumb kit.

Naturally I'll be using it all weekend with arbalest and wormhusk, don't hate the player hate the game

Peen on
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Finished my 45 chests, so now I never have to back to the Infinite Forest. Good riddance.

I want to know what the Ascendent Lens does. Something in Beyond Light, I’m assuming.

I liked the lore on the new exotics, a nice bit of fun before shit gets real.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    FYI, five of us are at Gauntlet in Leviathan (non-Prestige, PS4) if anyone is interested in being our sixth! Anyone want to shoot some downward-facing arrows on a racetrack?!

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    FD6583B07B4287534410E1997BF458463BE2DBED

I am the classiest robot.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/_4Pk6JsQa_g

I need my Series X already. T minus 30 days folks.

• Options
    YCxcDH8h.png

Mucho thanks to @Elki for helping me pick this up in the Pit which doubled as my first clear for it. Nice to have both scratched off the list before the year of Shadowkeep ends.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular

Counter point, someone has to be the best at any one thing. Why not you?

616610-1.png
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular

Disrupter wrote: »

Because sometimes you gotta decide if you want to be the best or want to be happy.

It’s why I quit playing League of Legends.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Z7NzyuC.png

Finally got around to trying out Niobe Labs.

What a weird thing. I guess I enjoyed it?

• Options
    Disrupter wrote: »

If you have the very real goal of being best at a particular thing, I think that's laudable. That didn't seem to be what they were describing. Being the best would involve endless, iterative practicing, not accusing others of cheating or refusing to even try. It's not my place to overly criticize this stranger, and I'm sorry if I've gone too far already, but plain speaking, what was described was just bad, self harming behavior. Not a competitor's successful mindframe.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    So do I understand correctly? Are deciphers dropping every time now?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    So do I understand correctly? Are deciphers dropping every time now?

Depends on the activity. From what I've played since the last buff, 1020 Nightfall playlist dropped them every run, strike playlist every other run, and Tier 1 Reckoning every three runs.

Every time you do get a drop, you get 2 ciphers.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Wow they really did a 180 on this, huh?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Z7NzyuC.png

I'm still trying to strongarm some PC people into getting this done with me.

• Options
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Arteen wrote: »
    Z7NzyuC.png

I'm still trying to strongarm some PC people into getting this done with me.

I'd be willing to give this a go on PC if you don't need to buy forsaken (not sure what the status of the forsaken-year seasonal content is)

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Where's Niobe at?

Earth, on the director

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    @shryke gimme a yell at some point, I need it to and so does a friend to memory

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Woot, we got Niobe's Torment done!

We were getting a good rhythm going last night but had to abandon the attempts because it was getting late and we couldn't figure out why the final code wasn't working. But we nailed it on basically the first try when we tried it again tonight.

The fights weren't bad although they mostly get tedious via repetition. The big key though was using the Frank the Shank cheese to skip the 7th wave of enemies. The timing is stupidly tight for killing them all and punching in the code and it's too tedious getting to wave 7 to want to do that more times then needed.

Another thing other that's not Reckoner knocked off the pre-DCV checklist.

shryke on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    We were getting a good rhythm going last night but had to abandon the attempts because it was getting late and we couldn't figure out why the final code wasn't working.

Was it the fish?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Me and the boys tried to play Comp but as expected it was full to the brim with sweat
    https://youtu.be/bekxqEZwmPA
    Kinda wish they would add a crouch cool down to deal with people specifically like this

And that's not even the worst match, which was a team of mountaintops being toxic as fuck

• Options
    Me and the boys tried to play Comp but as expected it was full to the brim with sweat
    Kinda wish they would add a crouch cool down to deal with people specifically like this

And that's not even the worst match, which was a team of mountaintops being toxic as fuck

Did this Mountaintop team do something particularly nasty or was it just the constant rain of grenades?

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    What hunter body armor is that? Is there a Warlock equivalent?

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    What hunter body armor is that? Is there a Warlock equivalent?

It's the Luxe vest ornament from season 10

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    There is a warlock equivalent and it's downright decadent.

YOu0xqSl.jpg

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Yeah the luxe warlock ornament rules

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options

I hate crouch-spam so much.

• Options
    We were getting a good rhythm going last night but had to abandon the attempts because it was getting late and we couldn't figure out why the final code wasn't working.

Was it the fish?

We're not sure. Eits was saying he was getting it right so maybe it was somebody missing a symbol or maybe we needed to kill Frank earlier or something.

The biggest problem with that whole thing is probably the complete lack of feedback for most of the things you have to do.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Crouch spam is clearly the devil

I dunno how the he’ll people can aim while doing it.

I throw in a crouch mid 1v1 and my buddy is super good at tossing one in. But not the spamming.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular

With no offense to Jay, it’s less crouch spam and that he engaged while still recovering.

I’m guilty af doing this all the time too.