As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] What We Do in the Shadows (Beyond Light expansion coming Nov. 10!)

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Really they should just deprecate all bounties in your log when the season rolls over. Make it not even an issue.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    T6JEHJZh.png

Alright, alright, alright, managed to get this thanks to today's daily sale. Now my Malfeasance looks quite stylish.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I just booted up this game on my Xbox one x, I’ve got everything installed and it’s now doing the in game “installing destiny, this may take a while” screen

How long does this take as an estimate? Cos it’s been going on forever and I’ll probably play something else if it doesn’t finish soon

Kind of annoying there’s no bar or progress meter, even a fake one would be nice

• Options
    Prohass wrote: »
    I just booted up this game on my Xbox one x, I’ve got everything installed and it’s now doing the in game “installing destiny, this may take a while” screen

How long does this take as an estimate? Cos it’s been going on forever and I’ll probably play something else if it doesn’t finish soon

Kind of annoying there’s no bar or progress meter, even a fake one would be nice

Destiny is a pretty big game so if it's gotta download the thing, it might take awhile.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    shryke wrote: »

Destiny is a pretty big game so if it's gotta download the thing, it might take awhile.

I mean I’ve already downloaded 100 gig of it? or at least that’s what my Xbox said. I downloaded and installed it from gamepass. And if it’s truly actually downloading the entire game in the game itself, a progress bar would be nice.

Prohass on
  • Options

I mean I’ve already downloaded 100 gig of it? or at least that’s what my Xbox said. And if it’s truly downloading the entire game in the game itself, a progress bar would be nice

Guess what you'll be doing again in a couple of weeks.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    My guess is it's decrypting the game files, which might take a while (tm)

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Yeah I’m gonna cancel it, I’ll be getting a series x so I’ll just do it then

Put a progress bar in your damn game installations or decryptions you goobs, don’t just tell me it might take a while. What, an hour, 10 minutes?

Prohass on
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    I've been taking a little break from Destiny, but I got some cash for my birthday and now I have pre-ordered Beyond Light. The last promo video really hit at the exact right time.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

Put a progress bar in your damn game installations or decryptions you goobs, don’t just tell me it might take a while. What, an hour, 10 minutes?

It did that to me too, close the game and reopen it and it should work immediately.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    lakhesislakhesis Registered User regular
    After a whole lot of struggle, I finally solo'd Prophecy last night.

I'm a bit put off that you have to do the entire dungeon in a single sitting to get the solo triumphs. I thought I was at least going to get the solo triumph for finally getting through the meat grinder.

Oh well - time to try for solo flawless.

PSN: strangerfork
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I think I'm done with solo comp, the variance between teammates is just too great and if there's one or two real killers on the other side I can't carry hard enough to get a win streak going. I wish I'd gotten a Not Forgotten but eh, what're you gonna do.

I did end up with a consolation prize:
    Forgive the potato quality screenshot

CgYyQXxl.png

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I think I'm done with solo comp, the variance between teammates is just too great and if there's one or two real killers on the other side I can't carry hard enough to get a win streak going. I wish I'd gotten a Not Forgotten but eh, what're you gonna do.

I did end up with a consolation prize:
    Forgive the potato quality screenshot

CgYyQXxl.png

Rad!

This is the last week Momentum Control will be available for a little while btw, Mida is a 2-tap headshot in there. Quickest way to get the catalyst done, unless you normally use mida in crucible.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I don't think Not Forgotten is going away, just sunsetting? So we can still try and experience more pain next season!

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    It never occurred to me to try to finish the catalyst but I guess it is hilarious...

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

I’m pretty sure it should have a progress bar. It sounds like it didn’t launch properly. Might wanna reboot the console then try again

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Come to the ps4, where “copying” will take 3x longer than the download of any patch!

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49676

Bunch of stuff, but....

Falling Guillotine
    Reduced heavy attack damage by ~24 percent to bring in line with other Swords.
    Note: Falling Guillotine will continue to be slightly above average, just not to the extent that it is now.

Ruinous Effigy
    Transmutation Spheres
    Reduced the damage of the aerial melee attack by 25%
    Significantly reduced the damage of the drain effect on enemy combatants

Haha..

More stuff, too, like Handcannon bits, including "We couldn't handle 140s and 150s properly so there are no more 150s except for Sunshot."

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Small AR nerf which feels fine I bet, the sniper AA changes make me actually excited as a low zoom scope user

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Adept weapons being actually better weapons only retrievable from flawless runs will be fine and not toxic at all, I'm sure. Didn't sound like they were curated, so imagine finally getting to Mercury and getting some shit roll.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49676

Bunch of stuff, but....

Falling Guillotine
    Reduced heavy attack damage by ~24 percent to bring in line with other Swords.
    Note: Falling Guillotine will continue to be slightly above average, just not to the extent that it is now.

Ruinous Effigy
    Transmutation Spheres
    Reduced the damage of the aerial melee attack by 25%
    Significantly reduced the damage of the drain effect on enemy combatants

Haha..

More stuff, too, like Handcannon bits, including "We couldn't handle 140s and 150s properly so there are no more 150s except for Sunshot."

140s and 150s both existing never really made sense anyway, so this seems by far the most sensible answer to the problem.

Also big changes to Mountaintop:
    Reduced splash damage by 33 percent, increased impact damage such that total damage is 5 percent lower than before.
    Reduced projectile velocity multiplier from the Micro-Missile perk from 1.4 to 1.2. (i.e., now 20 percent faster than other breech Grenade Launchers instead of 40 percent).
    Reduced in-air accuracy. Now has significant projectile error while in-air (around 7 degrees without the Icarus Grip mod, substantially less with).

Personally I think all these changes sound good. At least from what we can tell.

The one thing I worry about is the changes to Ruinous Effigy. I don't know exactly what those changes means but that was a really cool weapon that wasn't even meta anyway so hopefully it's still ok.

shryke on
  • Options
    My poor Ruinous Effigy, you were too beautiful for this world.

Guillotine needed the hit, though.

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    adept weapons being some of the best weapons in the game and then having an extra 10 range on top of that is an extremely bad idea

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    That extra 10 Range would come at the cost of not tossing on other mods though. Still probably going to have some outliers, but it's presumably part of the Iron Banner perk experiments as well (Iron Grip). But yeah, I'm sure some outliers are gonna suck.

Adept Weapons have to have some sauce or they are pointless. And I imagine all the complaining about Trials falling on deaf ears would have also resulted in some anger.

And as of right now, really Astral Horizon is considered potentially best non-Exotic in slot, right? Summoner is fucking great, but Gnawing Hunger seems to be the new hotness both in stats and current grindability (and Summoner is getting nerfed anyway with the hit to 600 ARs). Not that there won't be wailing and gnashing of teeth the week Summoner is adept and I can't make it to the Lighthouse.

The Adept mods seem to be the real prize, in that eventually there will be new Trials weapons and the mods theoretically aren't being sunset while say Exile's Curse is.

Also, I'm sure it's been asked but what Lighthouse on what planet if Mercury is toast?

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    No general nerf to swords, but just one to falling guillotine, is what I was hoping for. Nice.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »
    No general nerf to swords, but just one to falling guillotine, is what I was hoping for. Nice.

This was my thoughts exactly.

We all knew this was coming for FG, it’s been a fun ride though.

• Options
    I wonder how the handcannon changes affect Crimson

• Options
    I was hoping for a buff to Lumina since I love it. It has a place in lower-end PVE (or in better hands than mine for PVP), but I still find aiming and aim assist to be off for it.

More buffs to my personal favorites, Bungo!

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Xenophage survives another quarterly/semi-annual balance pass, or whenever the intern in charge of balancing takes another look.

• Options
    Elki wrote: »

That's all that needed to happen I think. Other swords are powerful but not ridiculous. The amount of damage falling guillotine put out compared to the others was ridiculous though. And it was a huge AoE to boot.

• Options
    It's nice to get this information but I'm starting to get impatient about the transmog news. Please, Bungie, reveal what the deal is or just say it's delayed till next season but tell us something either way.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Owenashi wrote: »
    It's nice to get this information but I'm starting to get impatient about the transmog news. Please, Bungie, reveal what the deal is or just say it's delayed till next season but tell us something either way.

It’s not happening at season launch, safe bet is likely season 13 at the earliest.

ronzo on
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »
    It’s not happening at season launch, safe bet is likely season 13 at the earliest.

That seems optimistic. Considering how long they've avoided it and how generally batshit their engine architecture seems to be it's probably going to require a big lift to make happen. If they're in the planning stages at this point I doubt we actually see it in-game before the next post-Beyond Light DLC. Light Fall or whatever it's called. Once they actually figure out how to build the thing and start putting together UI assets they'll spend a few months hyping it.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    140s and 150s both existing never really made sense anyway, so this seems by far the most sensible answer to the problem.

The one thing I worry about is the changes to Ruinous Effigy. I don't know exactly what those changes means but that was a really cool weapon that wasn't even meta anyway so hopefully it's still ok.

Yeah, I agree. If you can't meaningfully distinguish them, this IS probably the best way to go about it. That and it'll be amusing that the only remaining 150 will be Sunshot.

I also don't understand what about Effigy was so powerful, but I dunno.
    The Adept mods seem to be the real prize, in that eventually there will be new Trials weapons and the mods theoretically aren't being sunset while say Exile's Curse is.

Also, I'm sure it's been asked but what Lighthouse on what planet if Mercury is toast?
    They are, but I don't see how this helps Trials overall. You added a prize, which is great, but it's still random rolls, which means you have to grind flawlesses to get the good rolls. It means that the reward system is realistically for such a small % of the population / will encourage even MORE recoveries. I don't see how this funnels more people into Trials...?
    If they're still in the planning stages....

• Options

That seems optimistic. Considering how long they've avoided it and how generally batshit their engine architecture seems to be it's probably going to require a big lift to make happen. If they're in the planning stages at this point I doubt we actually see it in-game before the next post-Beyond Light DLC. Light Fall or whatever it's called. Once they actually figure out how to build the thing and start putting together UI assets they'll spend a few months hyping it.

Oh, I agree, that’s why I said S13 at the earliest. I don’t think it will be all the way until Taken Queen, but I’m personally betting on spring/S14, with hopefully an update early next year to let us know how it’s going to work.

• Options

They are, but I don't see how this helps Trials overall. You added a prize, which is great, but it's still random rolls, which means you have to grind flawlesses to get the good rolls. It means that the reward system is realistically for such a small % of the population / will encourage even MORE recoveries. I don't see how this funnels more people into Trials...?

Adept weapons aren't for people who aren't doing Trials now because it's too hard. It's for the people who go flawless regularly, or could, in order to give them something to chase at the top end. They've been complaining about it since new Trials launched and I think it's a fair point. In the same way high end PvE players need and/or get rewards for the shit they do.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Adept weapons aren't for people who aren't doing Trials now because it's too hard. It's for the people who go flawless regularly, or could, in order to give them something to chase at the top end. They've been complaining about it since new Trials launched and I think it's a fair point. In the same way high end PvE players need and/or get rewards for the shit they do.

Nope nope nope. The reward for PvP victories should not make you better able to secure those victories. All that is going to do is hasten the decline of the player pool of Trials as anybody who isn't ultra top tier gets sick of losing fights simply because they're out geared by not having won previous fights. The call for this is just the call to bury Trials again with some extra steps added in.

They do need unique rewards for the mode but they really shouldn't help you win that mode. PvP is different than PvE in this regard. This was a lesson they seemed to get with their pinnacle quest construction as they went on. They became more about time spent than any special performance, which at least opens them to everybody with enough time to burn. (Time is of course the ultimate Destiny currency.)

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    D1 had more Trials stickiness than D2.
    D1 had Adept weapons.
    D2 PVP players have been clamoring for Adept weapons.
    D2 players are leaving Trials.
    "Add Adept weapons cause it was in D1 Trials and your player base is asking for it Y/N?"

Seems reasonable to why they may think this is a solid idea. It's easy math, Guardian.

(ed: also interesting that Crucible Playbook also already has people saying it is dumb since Icarus Mod is best anyway - at least on PC)

Zombie Gandhi on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Idk that's kinda how Adept weapons have always been, and not having static rolls makes going flawless more than once or twice worth the trouble.

In D1 Y3 Trials the Adept guns all highlighted enemies when ADSing. It was a small thing, but gave an edge. Not to mention, Trials armor used to have unique perks that helped in Trials specifically, like the speed boost upon teammate res perk. I like these things, as a trials player. It encourages player engagement long term.

• Options
    Yeah, this is something that seems like it's really needed for Trials to give the highend population something to grind for. The bonuses they are giving out just frankly don't seem like they are that huge a deal. It's a small edge and it's only gonna be on a random rolled weapon.

Now they just need to work on the low-end players to push the population higher in Trials.