As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Day the Music Died - Act I: Rock Rebellion - A [Phalla] - It's Over!

LocusLocus Trust MeThe seaRegistered User regular
edited July 2020 in Critical Failures
The Day the Music Died – Act I: Rock Rebellion

A Phalla

Brought to you by Locus and AustinP0027

Hello there, ladies and gentlemen!
Hello there, ladies and gents!
Are you ready to rock?
Are you ready or not?
Hello there, ladies and gentlemen!
Hello there, ladies and gents!
Are you ready to rock?
Are you ready or not?
Would you like to play a phalla with me?
Would you like to play a phalla with me?
Would you like to? Would you like to?
Would you like to play a phalla with me!?

Phalla is a variation of the “Mafia” party game, where an uninformed majority (colloquially referred to as “the village”) must root out an informed minority (colloquially referred to as “the mafia”). You can read more about phalla here.

The rules for this phalla are below. This is a game for precisely 23 players. If you wish to sign up to play this game, please sign up in a bold color. Please also include the name of a song that has helped you get through the pandemic, or motivated you to correct injustice in the world. If there are no songs that match these criteria, you are exempt from this requirement.

THE RULES

Voting
Each day, the players must vote to eliminate another player on the player list by posting the name of the player they wish to eliminate in bold red. The player who has the most votes at the end of the day will be eliminated from the game. In the event of a tie vote, one of the players who received the most votes will be eliminated, at random, as will the player who tied the vote.

Votes made in an edited post will not be counted.

Game Day
Each game day will begin when the hosts announce that the game day has begun.

Each game day will end at 9:00 PM Eastern Time.

Any votes cast or orders received at 9:00 PM or later will not be counted. All votes or orders must be timestamped 8:59 PM or earlier to be counted for that day.

Communications and Activity
Include both hosts on any private messages shared between players or any proboards created.

Players may not anonymously communicate with any other player.

Once a player has been eliminated from the game, they may make a single “ghost” post in the game thread, as long as that post does not contain any game information. That player may not privately communicate with any other player about the game.

Players must make at least two posts in the game thread and vote once each day. Failure to do so will result in your elimination from the game.

Roles, Results, and Order of Operations
Each player will be assigned a unique role. Role PMs may not be shared.

There is a village. There is a mafia.

Each night, unless otherwise specified, each player may take only one action.

Each night, the name, role, and alignment of each player eliminated the previous day will be revealed. The method of each player’s elimination (e.g., the elimination vote, the mafia, etc.) will also be revealed.

The game is over once any player has achieved their win condition.

The order of operations is as follows: ???->Elimination Vote->???->Propaganda->Word of the Trinity->Thunderstruck->Divide and Conquer->Electric Eye->???

Clarification of any rule may be requested by posting such request in bold orange. Clarifications may also be requested in private by PMing the hosts.

Frequently Asked Questions
“Act I”? What’s that about?
This game is the second in a series of games that we are planning to run, which will all be thematically linked. The first game was The Day the Music Died – Prelude: Concerning Charlie Horse.

Cool! Does that mean I have to have played the first game to play in this one?
Absolutely not! While knowledge of prior games may or may not be helpful, it is by no means necessary. Each game has been designed to be independent of the others, so that each player can choose to play in as many or as few of them as they like.

Super! In the past you guys have run games where the mafia has been significantly arguably underpowered. Is that your plan this time?
It is always our plan for each game to be as balanced as possible. That being said, we always learn from our past experiences and try to do better the next time.

Great! So the mafia definitely have a kill this time?
Yes.

Nice! So then you’re making all of the villagers seers this time again?
No! That was a one-time thing tied to the specific mechanics of that one game. Also they were only half-seers.

Potayto, potahto! You’re at least giving the village a regenerating vigilante, right?
Now, see here...

Oh, I get it. You’ve definitely overcompensated and made the mafia overpowered.
That’s not even a question. This interview is over!

Locus on