The Day the Music Died - Act I: Rock Rebellion - A [Phalla] - Day Four

2456710

Posts

  • LocusLocus Trust Me AlbanyRegistered User regular
    As of now, we are planning to go ahead with running the game with 21 players. Pending working out some minor re-balancing, and my work schedule today, we will either start the game this afternoon or tomorrow (EDT).

    @H3Knuckles, you are welcome to join the game proper at any time before we get started, but don't feel any obligation to do so. We can leave you as a reserve.

  • LocusLocus Trust Me AlbanyRegistered User regular
    Tomorrow it is!

    Wildcat
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    I didn't play the first game, but I'll sign up for this one

    I snagged Control on sale recently, and ever since the Ashtray Maze this has not left my daily playlists (some game spoilers in the lyrics)




    Also,

  • LocusLocus Trust Me AlbanyRegistered User regular
    Role PMs going out shortly!

    The game will begin once all roles have been distributed. Day One will end tomorrow, at 9 PM EDT (about 33 hours from now).

  • LocusLocus Trust Me AlbanyRegistered User regular
    IN THE BEGINNING

    Back in 1959, the Day the Music Died.

    The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost arrived.

    Among the three of them, the world was divided. To the Father went Classical. To the Son went Folk. To the Holy Ghost went Jazz. And so on it went, each genre in its turn was bestowed to one of the Trinity, for each of them to guide and protect and cherish. Every genre that ever was, or ever will be.

    But Rock and Roll was special, for Rock and Roll was precious to each of the Trinity. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost could each lay claim to Rock and Roll, and Rock and Roll could lay claim to each of them. But Rock and Roll also possessed a rebellious spirit. It chafed at control, at containment. It chafed at stagnation. The Trinity represented control. It represented containment. With that control and containment would inevitably come stagnation.

    Such was the reputation of the Trinity, such was the honor with which they had been bestowed, that even Rock and Roll exalted in their ascension. But that did not change that Rock and Roll was still special. The Trinity, amongst themselves, agreed that they would each lay claim to their both share and to all of Rock and Roll, so that Rock and Roll would be a place where all could gather and dwell and partake.

    And so Rock and Roll was both divided and whole, both controlled and free. Each of the Trinity established their presence within Rock and Roll, and Rock and Roll was satisfied with the arrangement. All who dwelled in Rock and Roll chose their path, and lived within it. Thus was the installation of the Trinity completed, and the Day the Music Died receded into the past.

    Over time, even Rock and Roll grew accustomed to control, for with it came peace and stability, and a flourishing, though some would deny it. Even so, there were others who still remembered and yearned for Rock and Roll's rebellious nature. There were some who still chafed at control. The Trinity had withdrawn for some time, but there were some who remembered their example, and remembered what Rock and Roll had been, and could yet be. They knew that the fire of rebellion remained in the heart of Rock and Roll.

    But you can't start a fire without a spark.


    All role PMs are out, and Day One has begun! The day will end at 9 PM EDT.

    JPantsjdarksuncj iwakuraMamaWolfkimeInvictusWildcatHefflingObiFettH3Knuckles
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Lets kick this thing off right shall we?? It's been a while. I think I was day 1'd last time?? Maybe? I don't remember that far back. I don't remember any grudges neither. It is nice to be a regular ol' villager.

    Anyway hi!

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Lets kick this thing off right shall we?? It's been a while. I think I was day 1'd last time?? Maybe? I don't remember that far back. I don't remember any grudges neither. It is nice to be a regular ol' villager.

    Anyway hi!

    Sounds like something a mafia member would say....

    MamaWolfcj iwakurakimeWildcat
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Lets kick this thing off right shall we?? It's been a while. I think I was day 1'd last time?? Maybe? I don't remember that far back. I don't remember any grudges neither. It is nice to be a regular ol' villager.

    Anyway hi!

    Sounds like something a mafia member would say....

    Probably after being mafia the last few games I played, don't know how else to act!! @kime gets it right???

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    cj iwakurakimeWildcatH3Knuckles
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    After reviewing I think my last phalla was the Mandalorian one and I don't believe I was day 1'd, but again don't remember for sure

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Holy crap that was a great opening narration! Instant classic! No pun intended, but that got me pretty jazzed, not gonna lie!

    Alright folks! Lets rock!
    I apologize for nothing, i regret nothing! [/spoilers]

    MamaWolfWildcatLostNinja
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent The World on This SideRegistered User regular
    So the mafia is this guy, I take it:



    Soon you'll be listening to jazz.

    lPeK6xY.png
    H3Knuckles
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    After reviewing I think my last phalla was the Mandalorian one and I don't believe I was day 1'd, but again don't remember for sure

    I definitely got day 1'd in the Mandalorian phalla, but I suppose that's what happens when you publicly announce your plan to cook and eat baby Yoda.

    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Hello I am mafia how do you do?

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Hello, fine thank you. I am also mafia. How do you do?

    Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Alright, everybody, here I am and I think I'm going to do the dangerous thing and say some stuff about my role PM, as I think sharing information generally benefits the village. I am vanilla, but my role PM is chock full of info that might be pure fluff but honestly I think instead has some mechanical role or other. In particular, I am a member of a house, which is a year, and my house has a patron which is one of the Trinity, and my house has house words. I am assuming the house words are a way for me to identify myself to other members of my house, but I don't currently know the purpose of the patron.

    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
    H3Knuckles
  • BluecyanBluecyan On a mission from Glod Bee there Orr Bee A Rectangular ThyngRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Hello I am mafia how do you do?

    That's weird... if you're mafia then why aren't you on the proboards? This sounds like village trickery!

    Going to toss out a vote on ObiFett just to have something on the books. No more star wars phalla protection for you!

    Player order on OP appears to have been updated from the order of sign up.

  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    Hello I am mafia how do you do?

    That's weird... if you're mafia then why aren't you on the proboards? This sounds like village trickery!.

    That's because they haven't been accepted yet silly goose!! We're all waiting....

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    I heard that shalmelo doesn't want to rock 'n roll all night, nor party every day.

  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited June 30
    30 Seconds to Mars demands !JusticeforPluto

    Wildcat on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Wildcat wrote: »
    30 Seconds to Mars demands !JusticeforPluto

    Darn vote post typos. !JusticeforPluto.

  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Day 1 vote for Green cause spouse is mafia I say

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    discriderH3Knuckles
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    MamaWolf for this unconscionable libel!

    discriderH3Knuckles
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    !Bluecyan because I see through his clever attempt to make my post the wrong color.

    If a movement doesn't have someone that can sit down opposite those in a position of power and strike a deal, how can that movement achieve success?
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »
    Alright, everybody, here I am and I think I'm going to do the dangerous thing and say some stuff about my role PM, as I think sharing information generally benefits the village. I am vanilla, but my role PM is chock full of info that might be pure fluff but honestly I think instead has some mechanical role or other. In particular, I am a member of a house, which is a year, and my house has a patron which is one of the Trinity, and my house has house words. I am assuming the house words are a way for me to identify myself to other members of my house, but I don't currently know the purpose of the patron.

    What's the reason for sharing all this publicly? I could see one or two of the bits but now the mafia know exactly what kinda stuff they need to "pass" and the value of those specifics as a means for villagers to soft confirm is pretty much gone.

  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    You're assuming that he's shared everything he knows, and that the mafia didn't already have this information.

    If a movement doesn't have someone that can sit down opposite those in a position of power and strike a deal, how can that movement achieve success?
    MamaWolfH3Knuckles
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited June 30
    Heffling wrote: »
    You're assuming that he's shared everything he knows, and that the mafia didn't already have this information.

    I mean, I have a villager role as well so I have a pretty good idea how much he's shared. And I suppose the mafia could have been given cover roles so maybe no harm done, but I still think "what was the purpose there" is a decent question.

    Edit: Read his post again and he answers right at the beginning: "I think sharing info generally benefits the village". That's as good a reason as any. Lord knows I've had worse reasons for doing some shit in these games.

    JPants on
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I heard that shalmelo doesn't want to rock 'n roll all night, nor party every day.

    I don't remember anyone here calling the party police, Officer Buzzkill jdarksun.

    I choose to party all night and rock'n'roll every day, and I'm not about to let you or Gene Simmons shame me for it.

    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Lets kick this thing off right shall we?? It's been a while. I think I was day 1'd last time?? Maybe? I don't remember that far back. I don't remember any grudges neither. It is nice to be a regular ol' villager.

    Anyway hi!

    Hi Mamawolf!

    Well that's my contribution, this game is so easy guys

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    Invictus wrote: »
    Alright, everybody, here I am and I think I'm going to do the dangerous thing and say some stuff about my role PM, as I think sharing information generally benefits the village. I am vanilla, but my role PM is chock full of info that might be pure fluff but honestly I think instead has some mechanical role or other. In particular, I am a member of a house, which is a year, and my house has a patron which is one of the Trinity, and my house has house words. I am assuming the house words are a way for me to identify myself to other members of my house, but I don't currently know the purpose of the patron.

    What's the reason for sharing all this publicly? I could see one or two of the bits but now the mafia know exactly what kinda stuff they need to "pass" and the value of those specifics as a means for villagers to soft confirm is pretty much gone.

    For the record, my house name is not a year.
    So, I assume Invictus is getting that out there.

    Good luck to the mafia guessing the year without a cover story.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    JPants
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent The World on This SideRegistered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    Heffling wrote: »
    You're assuming that he's shared everything he knows, and that the mafia didn't already have this information.

    I mean, I have a villager role as well so I have a pretty good idea how much he's shared. And I suppose the mafia could have been given cover roles so maybe no harm done, but I still think "what was the purpose there" is a decent question.

    Edit: Read his post again and he answers right at the beginning: "I think sharing info generally benefits the village". That's as good a reason as any. Lord knows I've had worse reasons for doing some shit in these games.

    Could also be hoping to get the rest of his faction(lovers?) together, ideally before being gunned down. Ballsy, but hey.

    lPeK6xY.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent The World on This SideRegistered User regular
    And, uh, if vote really does close tonight, I guess I'll say !Heffling, as the first one without a vote that I saw.

    lPeK6xY.png
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    CJ iwakura

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Is voting for kime still a thing?
    Also does vote close in 5 hours or 29 hours? Timezones be wack y'all.

  • LocusLocus Trust Me AlbanyRegistered User regular
    Day One ends in about 26 hours.

  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Lets kick this thing off right shall we?? It's been a while. I think I was day 1'd last time?? Maybe? I don't remember that far back. I don't remember any grudges neither. It is nice to be a regular ol' villager.

    Anyway hi!

    Hi Mamawolf!

    Well that's my contribution, this game is so easy guys

    Oh yeah! Hi Discrider I forgot about our spats!! I've missed them so!! I think it's your turn to be mafia though!!

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Lets kick this thing off right shall we?? It's been a while. I think I was day 1'd last time?? Maybe? I don't remember that far back. I don't remember any grudges neither. It is nice to be a regular ol' villager.

    Anyway hi!

    Hi Mamawolf!

    Well that's my contribution, this game is so easy guys

    Oh yeah! Hi Discrider I forgot about our spats!! I've missed them so!! I think it's your turn to be mafia though!!

    Nah I just got this line in my role PM:
    You never imagined that someone would think you’re nefarious.

    And that's sort of hilarious.
    Who would've thought?
    I am still the village though.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    H3Knuckles
  • BluecyanBluecyan On a mission from Glod Bee there Orr Bee A Rectangular ThyngRegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    !Bluecyan because I see through his clever attempt to make my post the wrong color.

    There, fixed up the color for you there.
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I heard that shalmelo doesn't want to rock 'n roll all night, nor party every day.

    Jeez, I'm getting old. I'm fine with the partying all day, but I need a good nights sleep to do so. Now-a-days I just want to wax nostalgically about the bygone days, when life was simpler. Maybe recount some bittersweet stories about people from the small towns of America. Not about the stars that burn out in the night sky but about just normal people, you know, the folks.

    H3Knuckles
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Here's a hypothetical situation for you to solve:

    You made a cake for your wife's birthday today. And you made cream cheese frosting. And then you tried it. Now you want to eat it all and the cake's not out of the oven yet. What is the solution.

    H3Knuckles
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Here's a hypothetical situation for you to solve:

    You made a cake for your wife's birthday today. And you made cream cheese frosting. And then you tried it. Now you want to eat it all and the cake's not out of the oven yet. What is the solution.

    1) Commence work on second cake.

    2) Eat first cake.

    3) ???

    4) Profit.

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

    cj iwakurakimeH3Knuckles
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Here's a hypothetical situation for you to solve:

    You made a cake for your wife's birthday today. And you made cream cheese frosting. And then you tried it. Now you want to eat it all and the cake's not out of the oven yet. What is the solution.

    Is it actually her birthday?

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
Sign In or Register to comment.