As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Day the Music Died - Act I: Rock Rebellion - A [Phalla] - It's Over!

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I'm with a Heaven Built house, for what it's worth. I'm guessing by doing the vote shenanigans, the mafia or whoever made me an easy target for the day two vote, as opposed to someone important.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Has anyone confirmed your house?

• Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I'm with a Heaven Built house, for what it's worth. I'm guessing by doing the vote shenanigans, the mafia or whoever made me an easy target for the day two vote, as opposed to someone important.

Like, this is not a hard question.
    Rephrased: did you reach out to Phyphor?
    Because that's the house he claimed, and died as.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    That's a pretty strong vote manip. Either to save CJ because they are mafia or because they are village and we will spend all day on that.

Hey, Blue-Sizzle, what was this all about?
    Harkon to me villagers
    Fools are we all and one
    Where the vocal are silenced
    While the quiet help none.

The votes have been cast now
    The die set and hot
    A true fair decision
    It never had a shot

Strong Vote manip is a thing allegedly. Though it was supposed to have swung elsewhere as proof.

Swung elsewhere to whom?

I am not at liberty to say, just that this was not the called outcome. The evidence some weird votey thing happened suggests it's not a unique power.

Why can't you say what you called? Would be helpful for voting records.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    That's a pretty strong vote manip. Either to save CJ because they are mafia or because they are village and we will spend all day on that.

Harkon to me villagers
    Fools are we all and one

The die set and hot
    A true fair decision
    It never had a shot

Strong Vote manip is a thing allegedly. Though it was supposed to have swung elsewhere as proof.

Swung elsewhere to whom?

I am not at liberty to say, just that this was not the called outcome. The evidence some weird votey thing happened suggests it's not a unique power.

Either I think that information would be too valuable for the mafia or it's not my information to give freely. In general I am pro-informed village.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular

Harkon to me villagers
    Fools are we all and one

The die set and hot
    A true fair decision
    It never had a shot

Swung elsewhere to whom?

Yeah, seems like a pretty important detail to leave out

• Options

Harkon to me villagers
    Fools are we all and one

The die set and hot
    A true fair decision
    It never had a shot

Swung elsewhere to whom?

Either I think that information would be too valuable for the mafia or it's not my information to give freely. In general I am pro-informed village.

I must be missing the piece where stating "this is who i think is mafia" is too much information.

Steam
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

Harkon to me villagers
    Fools are we all and one

The die set and hot
    A true fair decision
    It never had a shot

Swung elsewhere to whom?

I must be missing the piece where stating "this is who i think is mafia" is too much information.

Particularly when it was day 1 and a meaningless proof of concept swing...that went wrong.

For that level of swing, was it targeting one person or a house?

• Options
    LostNinja wrote: »

Harkon to me villagers
    Fools are we all and one

The die set and hot
    A true fair decision
    It never had a shot

Swung elsewhere to whom?

Particularly when it was day 1 and a meaningless proof of concept swing...that went wrong.

For that level of swing, was it targeting one person or a house?

It was targeted against another person. I don't actually have any information on who might be mafia, like you said it was a Day 1 proof of concept more than anything.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    This all seems too fishy. Bluecyan made a post that looked like casting a magic spell on the vote right before close, and is now saying he knows about some alleged powers from someone else that hit the wrong target

Bluecyan

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    oh, right after vote close .. so maybe not casting a spell
    But still holding my vote here for now.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Like, this is not a hard question.
    Rephrased: did you reach out to Phyphor?
    Because that's the house he claimed, and died as.

I didn't, somehow missed it.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    cj iwakura feels too convenient to me. Might change it later.

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    This all does seem odd. I need time to think. Putting Bluecyan for now cause I agree with Gizzy and the CJ train seems too pushed

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    I'll vote for Bluecyan too.

Steam
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    I'm ok putting pressure on Blue Cyan via vote, and I'm ok voting CJ again as long as we have a CLEAR second place (though that seems hard without getting the whole village on plan).

I'd also like to point suspicion at Auralynx and Kime for being the last two votes of the day, both the only votes on Invictus, who then died to vote shenanigans. Also Auralynx reached out to me via PM, which if history holds means he is at LEAST a different faction if not full on mafia.

Actually also going to vote Auralynx as I know he was talking to both victims yesterday/last night.

• Options
    Based on my PMs with him, I'm getting villager vibes from Aura, for my 2c there.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    You caught us, Aura and I are mafia buddies.

But anyways BlueCyan for evidence of antivillage shenanigans

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura because we need to know if he's immune to the vote or if there was manip.

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    Based on my PMs with him, I'm getting villager vibes from Aura, for my 2c there.

Good to know. I have a complete inability to tell with him, especially via PM.

• Options
    I'll switch to CJ as long as Blue is heavy second place (and further back than 3 or else we'll have no idea).

• Options
    kime wrote: »

I was implying that ONE of you may mafia, not both.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I guess let's see CJ's colors.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    cj iwakura because we need to know if he's immune to the vote or if there was manip.

Bluecyan already admitted in thread there was manip - and that the target wasn't supposed to be Invictus.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    kime wrote: »

I was implying that ONE of you may mafia, not both.

You were twice as right !

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Tarzan Boy is apparently an Italian New Wave one-hit wonder's song, evidently. Some real deep cuts in evidence here.

Interesting that the mafia got AC / DC.

Sez you. Tarzan Boy gets regular play in the House of the Wild Cat.

(Wildkitty, all of 26 months old, loves Harder Better Faster Stronger for some reason.)

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »

Bluecyan already admitted in thread there was manip - and that the target wasn't supposed to be Invictus.

So that's at least 4 votes of manip then? That seems like many vote manips for a game of this size.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I was assuming more along the line of "switch 1st place with 2nd place" - but that still doesn't explain the confusion of hitting the wrong target when there was a tie for second. So I dunno!

• Options
    Hmm another thought - why would a mafia be opening themselves up like that publicly in thread on day 1.
    I be second guessing myself

• Options
    I guess either killing me or CJ would kind of validate the vote manip thing, but I can't exactly be thrilled that our two top candidates are there because they willingly offered up opinions/information. This is bad precedence.

Right now my thoughts on today are:
    Reactionary villager: Gizzy, mamawolf
    Trying to be quiet and blend in: Obifett, romanqwerty

But I'm going to drop a vote on Green for being bare minimum of posting yesterday (2nd post was literally "I need a second post so here it is") and being absent today.

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Trying to fit in? But without full knowledge of the village win condition? I dunno it's kinda weak but I don't see anything better.

• Options
    I guess either killing me or CJ would kind of validate the vote manip thing, but I can't exactly be thrilled that our two top candidates are there because they willingly offered up opinions/information. This is bad precedence.

But I'm going to drop a vote on Green for being bare minimum of posting yesterday (2nd post was literally "I need a second post so here it is") and being absent today.

To be fair, your name is being offered up because of the information you are withholding, not cause of the information you shared.

Why not explain exactly what happened but replace other people's names with PersonA and PersonB, or go the computer science route and let them be Alice, Billy, and Charles (just my CS classes?).

• Options
    This is an interesting game. Factions? Vote manipulation? I am on these of my seat!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    Alice =/ Invictus.
    Alice was supposed to have gained enough votes to equal or tie last nights supposed "winner" CJ.
    Somehow return(0);

• Options
    edited July 2020
    JPants wrote: »

To be fair, your name is being offered up because of the information you are withholding, not cause of the information you shared.

Why not explain exactly what happened but replace other people's names with PersonA and PersonB, or go the computer science route and let them be Alice, Billy, and Charles (just my CS classes?).

It's hard to describe anything when everyone is Eve.

discrider on
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Do we really think that? Doesn't it seem more likely there was vote manipulation and a bus driver?

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I'm torn. Part of me feels like we need to see if it's even possible to vote CJ out, but I'm also like 80% sure that it's a blind alley.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Gonna go with Green sorry hun but you are too quiet

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Do we really think that? Doesn't it seem more likely there was vote manipulation and a bus driver?

+3-4 vote manip?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    !Premium because third on a weak bandwagon is always mafia (tm).