As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New [movie] thread, same as the old one. New Bill and Ted, out soon!

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »

Let's move on to less awkward subjects, like how Matthew McConaughey's mom was so proud of her husband's dick that after he died during sex she insisted that he be carried out of the house naked so that all could look on it, and despair.

Hmmm.

No. No I don't think I like this. I do not like this at all.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    What dont you like about it

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    The pause before she says "...and his gift."

It is malevolent. There is some kinda threat to this. Like, beyond just being weird and making all those EMS people have to deal with a sex-moist cadaver chode when they coulda zipped the guy up and gone about their day, it implies a curse? Like, will his bangin' hog return to haunt their home and try to kill a new family and the priest they called to figure why it sounds like somebody is slapping a soppressata around in the basement? This is a The Conjuring situation but it's a big ole ghost peener.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Might be marketing for the new horror franchise Ghost Dick

which, ironically, is about a spectral detective and has nothing to do with penises

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Major League is on TV right now, and I really miss funny Wesley Snipes. He was great in Major League. Him, Charlie Sheen and Tom Berenger had great chemistry.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Major League is on TV right now, and I really miss funny Wesley Snipes. He was great in Major League. Him, Charlie Sheen and Tom Berenger had great chemistry.

hats

for the bats

• Options
    It took me a few allstate commercials to realize it was Dennis Haysbert, but that voice is super recognizable.

• Options
    bob ueker having the time of his life is maybe my favorite part of the movie

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    It took me a few allstate commercials to realize it was Dennis Haysbert, but that voice is super recognizable.

I've been pitching my voice down to compensate for mask muffle recently, and one of my librarians compared me to The Allstate Guy. It's probably the most flattering thing that's ever happened to me.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Jedoc wrote: »

I've been pitching my voice down to compensate for mask muffle recently, and one of my librarians compared me to The Allstate Guy. It's probably the most flattering thing that's ever happened to me.

Fuck yea, I'd certainly take that as a compliment.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited July 2020

I haven't experimented with this but I would've thought pitching down would've made it harder to understand

Grey Ghost on
  • Options

Like, worst case scenario they mixed it up with Farmers and thought I sounded like J.K. Simmons. I can't lose!

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I haven't experimented with this but I would've thought pitching down would've made it harder to understand

It's about volume and projection. If I talk louder at my usual pitch, I get a sore throat very quickly. Talking through the mask over the course of an hour-long socially-distanced staff meeting means getting way down in the diaphragm, which is not the usual tone you get when communicating in a library full of patrons.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular

Like, worst case scenario they mixed it up with Farmers and thought I sounded like J.K. Simmons. I can't lose!

As long as it's not Flo or Dean Winters

• Options
    Must be a Snipes marathon! Demolition Man is up next. Sly's character is John Spartan, good god. The 90s were nuts.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    That's Master Chief John "117" Spartan, tyvm.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Must be a Snipes marathon! Demolition Man is up next. Sly's character is John Spartan, good god. The 90s were nuts.

You think the character's name is what makes the movie nuts, not that he mind-bangs his own daughter?

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    at first I thought this was some nauseatingly cloying family movie but then I saw the grin on that hedgehog and now I know it's actually horror. He definitely disembowels the rest of the cast at some point.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Demolition Man is great.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Everyone not Tara Reid: Goofy smile

Tara Reid: Maxim Magazine Expression

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I feel fairly confident the poster is just slapping together pre-existing photos

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »

What would we have to do to convince Tube to change his avatar to this hedgehog?
    ...that grin...
    ...that horrible grin...
    wandering wrote: »
    I feel fairly confident the poster is just slapping together pre-existing photos
    Yeah, I'm like 90% certain that if I google "Tara Reid" that source picture is going to be on the first page of results.

• Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »

You think the character's name is what makes the movie nuts, not that he mind-bangs his own daughter?

Sandra Bullock isn't playing his daughter though?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    There's popular speculation that Bullock is meant to be Stallone's long lost daughter but I don't think the movie as released actually implies it and in fact there were scenes shot but ultimately cut involving Stallone tracking his daughter down and she's a different person

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    I want to watch the talking hedgehog movie.

• Options
    wow I guess Sonic wasn't the first hedgehog to sport a mouthful of creepy human teeth.

• Options
    Unless Dean Cain is trending because he is a sex pervert then I only kind of want to watch the talking sex pervert hedgehog movie.

• Options
    Cristoval wrote: »
    Unless Dean Cain is trending because he is a sex pervert then I only kind of want to watch the talking sex pervert hedgehog movie.

he's a maga chud

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited July 2020

Streaming on Prime Video
    PiptheFair wrote: »

he's a maga chud

Yeah, it should be noted he's trending because he thinks if he were playing Superman today, he wouldn't be allowed to say "truth, justice and the American way" because that'd be not PC to say

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    There's popular speculation that Bullock is meant to be Stallone's long lost daughter but I don't think the movie as released actually implies it and in fact there were scenes shot but ultimately cut involving Stallone tracking his daughter down and she's a different person

She's supposed to be the woman on the far right in this photo!

sq0XJ.jpg

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    I now only have a mild passing interest in the talking hedgehog movie.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    So is that hedgehog to scale with the little girl, therefore is a giant talking hedgehog?

If not, then why the hell not?!

• Options

from the cursed hedgehog movie thread

• Options
    Good to see we’re getting more representation for horrifying movie hedgehogs. Back in the 80s we only had Hans.

tr0pq5p25imf.jpeg

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Good to see we’re getting more representation for horrifying movie hedgehogs. Back in the 80s we only had Hans.

tr0pq5p25imf.jpeg

on second thought, no. I don't want to know.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    You should! The Storyteller rules!

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Gustav wrote: »
    You should! The Storyteller rules!

seriously. I mean, it's a wealth of nightmare fuel. But it rules.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I was feeling pretty down by the end of the work week, so I finally got around to watching The Music Man that I rented from my library. It was not only really charming (with the occasional complete pacing iceberg that very old musicals run into, but I'm more used to that now), it also felt like unlocking hidden sections of my Sherlock Holmes Mind Palace. Suddenly a bunch of things that I always knew were references to... something lit up and became clear and understandable. That's always a fun experience. I also liked how it was set around July 4th and everybody was partying and hanging out (and making out eventually). Feels very wholesome compared to how this weekend is actually going to go. Looking forward to Hamilton tomorrow or at least at some point this weekend for more high energy feel goods.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

Streaming on Prime Video
    PiptheFair wrote: »

he's a maga chud

Yeah, it should be noted he's trending because he thinks if he were playing Superman today, he wouldn't be allowed to say "truth, justice and the American way" because that'd be not PC to say

Where do people get this shit?

Quire.jpg
This discussion has been closed.