As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game Deals] Thread: Occasional Low Prices

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    I need a PSN sub card, are those on sale anywhere during this week where everyone's doing Prime Day sales (should we call it Composite Week)?

I think Target has all the digital cards buy 1 get 1 15% off right now. About the best it goes these days.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    My local Target hasn't had Steam cards for almost three years. And it's selection of Xbox fauxbux has been limited for at least the last year. It's quite frustrating.

• Options
    Prime gaming updated with a bunch of star wars games and Mass Effect Trilogy.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I'd like an FFXIV time card, gonna check around.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    My local Target hasn't had Steam cards for almost three years. And it's selection of Xbox fauxbux has been limited for at least the last year. It's quite frustrating.

I've noticed gift card distribution still hasn't bounced back after covid, at least at Target anyway. They get cases stuffed with all sorts of cards shipped to the stores, but then a vendor is supposed to drop in once and a while and actually distribute those cases through the store. But they seem to be extremely understaffed, because I won't see any sign of them for months at a time. Meanwhile, the boxes are piling up, but no one takes care of it because it's not their job.

• Options
    Dirty wrote: »

I've noticed gift card distribution still hasn't bounced back after covid, at least at Target anyway. They get cases stuffed with all sorts of cards shipped to the stores, but then a vendor is supposed to drop in once and a while and actually distribute those cases through the store. But they seem to be extremely understaffed, because I won't see any sign of them for months at a time. Meanwhile, the boxes are piling up, but no one takes care of it because it's not their job.

Yeah, and the stores will often take over and do it when a vendor doesn't come, but they're also understaffed.

You can usually get the cards online at least.

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Yeah, and the stores will often take over and do it when a vendor doesn't come, but they're also understaffed.

Yeah, it would fall on the front end people, since they have the biggest gift card display, but with the crazy turnover and all the online pick-ups they're responsible for, they'll never have time.

• Options

Yeah, it would fall on the front end people, since they have the biggest gift card display, but with the crazy turnover and all the online pick-ups they're responsible for, they'll never have time.

To be honest, when I worked for a grocery store years ago we didn't have time then either. "Refill the gift card rack." "Hey if you have time to do that then you can send someone to help stock groceries, that can wait." "Why aren't the gift cards filled?!"

Fuck em.

• Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    Hello again deal hunters! I'm back for a bit since the retailers seem to think that October is the start of holiday shopping now. Speaking of....

Target deal days through Saturday:
    $50 of Xbox Series S + a free extra controller

$39.99
    Top Nintendo games

Save $25 on AC New Horizons + DLC pack

Up to 50% off select PS, XB, Switch games (from what they have online, it's a pretty thin list of games)

up to 50% off gaming accessories

Free $20 Target gift card with purchase of Hyper X Microphones

nusu on
  • Options
    Welcome back! I was hoping everything was ok with you, thanks for being awesome and dropping this deal for us!

• Options
    Welcome back! I was hoping everything was ok with you, thanks for being awesome and dropping this deal for us!

Thanks! yeah, been doing fine, just needed a break from posting deal stuff weekly (especially in summer where it's the same ol' 1-2 games on sale every week).

• Options
    Yeah, there was nothing for deals so I didn't jump in and post anything. Sleepytime.

Glad to see you ok though.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Oh hey, this may be a YMMV, but it looks like the 1TB XSX/XSS storage is on sale on Target right now also ($20 off), and if you're a red card holder and have the circle deal of $10 off a $60 or more purchase, those stack on the deal as well.

The 2TB one is $40 off also.

nusu on
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    If you happen to be a person that:
    - Has Rock Band 4, and…
    - has not yet purchased the Rivals DLC

That DLC is now permanently free. It’ll get you some extra songs and a new career mode. The biggest draw for Rivals has been the season challenges, but we don’t know if we’ll see those continue into 2023. You can jump on the next impending one, at least.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Given absolutely everything, I'm extremely impressed Rock Band has stayed alive for this long. Keep on rockin'!

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    RB is still a great game to bring out for a drunken karaoke night when your friends are over so I can see it.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Microsoft is doing $25 off Series S consoles, and $25 off Series X + Controller bundles in their own store.

Target's still the far better deal on the S, for now. I have a feeling that Black Friday will see even better deals, though.

nusu on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Woah, is this the first time we're seeing a sale on one of the current-gen consoles?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2022
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Given absolutely everything, I'm extremely impressed Rock Band has stayed alive for this long. Keep on rockin'!

All I want is a sale so I can get the digital version so I don't need to keep the disc in the drive. The last sale was last December for the forced bundle.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Frankly, there are a bunch of things that have been out for a while that haven't been on sale for a while that need to get back to one.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Probably waiting on Black Friday Week.

• Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Woah, is this the first time we're seeing a sale on one of the current-gen consoles?

The series S has had a few sales in the past, usually just like $30 off of so. An extra controller is pretty decent though.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Crazy to see sales when you still have to get tickets just to buy one.

Though it is getting a little better from everything I've heard

• Options
    edited October 2022
    A weekly ad update

Target (starting Sunday Oct 9)
    10% off an electronic or video game (circle offer most likely there are restrictions on this)

Save $20 on Madden 23

Holiday price match guarantee starts. If you find a better price from Target on Target purchases from Oct 9 until Dec 24, Target will refund the price difference.

nusu on
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    It appears the 10% off circle deal may apply to preorders. The deal helper text appears on games like Modern Warfare 2, Gotham Knights, Crisis Core, Midnight Suns, Hogwart's Legacy, and others.

nusu on
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    We got Costco's holiday deal flyer in the mail today, and there was 1 game deal for black friday/cyber monday time:
    $239.99
    Xbox Series S (there wasn't any bundle info listed, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bundle version instead of just the console available when this goes live)

nusu on
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Speaking of Series S bundles......
    (lol sony)
    Target (starting Sunday 10/23)
    Free CoD Modern Warfare 2 digital code with purchase of Xbox Series S

Everything else game related in Target's ad is MSRP.

They are advertising Xbox All Access for Series X though, so if you're still looking...

nusu on
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Best buy has some "black friday" deals on gaming stuff right now, but if you've been paying attention to the typical sales that have been happening the past few months you already know the deals. It's a lot of 2k/Ubi/EA stuff at pretty much the same $10-$30 discounts that have been happening for a while.

nusu on
  • Options
    mini-Black friday deals

Target
    Free Modern Warfare 2 with purchase of Xbox Series S

$49.99
    Logitech G435 headset

$34.99
    Logitech G502 Hero edition mouse

$29.99
    Madden 23 (any gen)
    Zelda Skyward Sword HD

$19.99
    Fifa 23 Switch
    Battlefield 2042 XSX/PS5 gen

$14.99
    Battlefield 2042 XBO/PS4 gen

• Options
    Best Buy
    Buy 2 get 1 free on select games: the list is here (hopefully it displays for everyone): https://www.bestbuy.com/site/offerbuilder/533839

Free minecoins with 3 month Game Pass subs

There are a lot of games on sale, it's challenging to type them all out when there are 11 pages on their website. Hopefully this link works: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&browsedCategory=pcmcat1487698928729&id=pcat17071&iht=n&ks=960&list=y&qp=currentoffers_facet=Current Deals~On Sale&sc=Global&st=categoryid$pcmcat1487698928729&type=page&usc=All Categories

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Target now has up to 50% off 239 video games (according to the count at the top of the page of the deal https://www.target.com/c/video-game-deals/video-games/-/N-0snqsZ54jft
    Heads up, not all of these are deals (there are 3rd party sellers listed in the deal list that are way over pricing their stuff)

nusu on
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Target
    Buy 2 get 1 free on video games, board games, books this week

$20 Target gift card with purchase of Xbox Mini Fridge

$20 Target gift card with purchase of $100 worth of Hyper X accessories

40% off Xbox Controllers (Sunday only)

Target Circle
    40% off
    Logitech Pro Mechanical keyboard

30% off
    Logitech Pro wireless mouse

5% off
    Blue Yeti Gaming bundle microphone

nusu on
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Specifically, that Target deal means Xbox controllers are $37-39 depending on color, and the Adaptive Controller is only $60

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Target has buy 1 get 1 15% off on select game gift cards today only. and a couple deals on gaming headsets as part of a save up to 50% off select headphones today only as well.

nusu on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Steam cards in my area immediately snapped up.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Steam cards in my area immediately snapped up.
    Makes sense, they can be used for the Steam Deck. I paid for half of mine with a similar Best Buy deal.

• Options
    The buy 2 get 1 free sale at Target has been pretty much garbage for years now. It's essentially 33% off at best, and discounts on individual games often go much deeper closer to Christmas. The only games where it would be worth it are the first-party Nintendo games that don't get discounted as much, but those are excluded from the deal.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Digital expansions and such are still good targets for those gift cards. Disappointed it doesn't include PSN stuff. Been looking for a deal on those for awhile.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish