As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Xbox] 2.75 Gamecubes

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Feels like lots of meta modding going on lately. The mods can tell us if we're off topic.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    In lighter news, Steve is VERY happy to be in Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    It's just his meat

Duh

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I got your meat right here!

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Using the online store to push things to my Xbox that I couldn't get to load in the Xbox store is amazing

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I hate, hate, hate when this thread goes one ME talk. It lasts like 20 pages, and you know what, I played 30 minutes of the first one and fucking hated it. Thought it was crap. Played a little bit of 2, thought it was crap. 3 came out, and all I've had to hear constantly is how horrible the ending was. And it comes up every couple months in these threads. As does the talk with me in general.

It just goes on and on and on with people arguing.

And I think it was just shit to begin with so I have to check out of the thread for like a month.

You all really like rearguing the same things to death.

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Never mind.

Jazz on
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    I hate, hate, hate when this thread goes one ME talk. It lasts like 20 pages, and you know what, I played 30 minutes of the first one and fucking hated it. Thought it was crap. Played a little bit of 2, thought it was crap. 3 came out, and all I've had to hear constantly is how horrible the ending was. And it comes up every couple months in these threads. As does the talk with me in general.

And I think it was just shit to begin with so I have to check out of the thread for like a month.

cool

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    RickRude wrote: »

cool

Cool yup. Me has its own fucking thread. And I'm personally tired of hearing the same old arguments over 20 pages.

It sucks, get over it.

Edit it's not even a xbox exclusive why does talk of it belong here ?

RickRude on
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    mcdermott wrote: »
    I could do without a constant stream of remasters of games.

Same.

But I could still go for a remaster of <insert game here>, obviously.

(In my case, Crimson Skies.)

but the good PC version of Crimson Skies please

I never did play that one, but I heard it was amazing.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I’d love a modern Yager style game, floating carriers and dogfights but in atmosphere https://youtu.be/k9RQlYlqi1o

Also for the love of god a deathsports game, I want my Deathrow!

https://youtu.be/5oFVg-dUV0Y

Prohass on
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    mcdermott wrote: »
    I could do without a constant stream of remasters of games.

Same.

But I could still go for a remaster of <insert game here>, obviously.

(In my case, Crimson Skies.)

but the good PC version of Crimson Skies please

I never did play that one, but I heard it was amazing.

it came out first!!!

it was very very good. hm wonder how well it holds up, should work on dosbox, etc

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    Hmmm. I feel like ME is a great way to introduce difficult societal and moral concepts to my kids. Glad there is a remaster. The oldest is probably a year or two too young, but I am really interested in how he thinks through some of the decisions once he’s ready. Fortnite sure isn’t doing it.

Can’t get the fucker to read so it’s gonna have to be vidya games to educate him. —- that’s probably better than him learning from me.

I just feel like no matter how they scrub it up it’s going to be tough to make it look decent in this day and age, I would have preferred a full on remake with new face tech and everything. An upscale is just lazy

Trojan35 wrote: »
    Hmmm. I feel like ME is a great way to introduce difficult societal and moral concepts to my kids. Glad there is a remaster. The oldest is probably a year or two too young, but I am really interested in how he thinks through some of the decisions once he’s ready. Fortnite sure isn’t doing it.

Can’t get the fucker to read so it’s gonna have to be vidya games to educate him. —- that’s probably better than him learning from me.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty sure I can only read because of Pokemon

• NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I gained my live of reading because of old school 8-bit and DOS RPGs. Phantasy Star and the Gold Box Games by TSR. I think kids are missing out with all this voice acting we have in games today.

Nitsua on
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I'm tired of Mass Effect talk and I say that as someone who lives and breathes Mass Effect as one of their favorite franchises of all time, because people take it as an excuse to say the same tired shit about how BioWare are a shadow of their former self or how BioWare are dying out of relevance or whatever, as if the entire games industry isn't a sector that is so transient that a veteran developer equates to (on average) 3-5 years of experience

As a fan I don't think I've heard a single original opinion on them or the series since 2018 and every time news of the remaster comes up the same stuff comes up to the surface. This is me snapping on this

Oh awesome katana zero is on gamepass, was wanting to check that out and so far it’s really inventive and interesting

I'm tired of Mass Effect talk and I say that as someone who lives and breathes Mass Effect as one of their favorite franchises of all time, because people take it as an excuse to say the same tired shit about how BioWare are a shadow of their former self or how BioWare are dying out of relevance or whatever, as if the entire games industry isn't a sector that is so transient that a veteran developer equates to (on average) 3-5 years of experience

As a fan I don't think I've heard a single original opinion on them or the series since 2018 and every time news of the remaster comes up the same stuff comes up to the surface. This is me snapping on this

As someone who loves Mass Effect, I'm finding Bioware's... transiton, shall we say? ...fascinating. As an industry story it's really, really interesting. Granted I'm hoping they come out better on the other side, but it's some weird video game history right here.

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I like Mass Effect, and I can see why people really didn't want this to become the fourth ME thread. :lol:

In belated news, in late September Game Pass passed 15 million subscribers, which is pretty cool. We don't know the Xbox/PC/Ultimate distribution, but it's interesting to speculate what this means in the long term for Xbox's PC releases on Steam (not that I think they're going anywhere, I just picture that Valve doesn't like it).

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Xbox + Space Games - Mass Effect = ?

Kerbal Space Program. Anybody play this on XB1? Any thoughts on how it controls compared to the PC version?

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    List of optimized titles at launch:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/10/15/30-optimized-games-on-xbox-series-x-and-s-on-launch-day

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (Smart Delivery)
    Borderlands 3 (Smart Delivery)
    Bright Memory 1.0
    Cuisine Royale (Smart Delivery)
    Dead by Daylight (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
    Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition
    DIRT 5 (Smart Delivery)
    Enlisted
    Evergate
    The Falconeer (Smart Delivery)
    Fortnite
    Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
    Gears 5 (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
    Gears Tactics (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
    Grounded (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
    King Oddball (Smart Delivery)
    Maneater (Smart Delivery)
    Manifold Garden (Smart Delivery)
    NBA 2K21
    Observer: System Redux
    Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
    Planet Coaster (Smart Delivery)
    Sea of Thieves (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
    Tetris Effect: Connected (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
    The Touryst (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
    War Thunder (Smart Delivery)
    Warhammer: Chaosbane Slayer Edition
    Watch Dogs: Legion (Smart Delivery)
    WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship (Smart Delivery)
    Yakuza: Like a Dragon (Smart Delivery)
    Yes, Your Grace (Smart Delivery)

Edit: I guess I don't know the bbcode for a bulleted list

Carpy on
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Game Pass' trajectory is pretty meteoric. A lot of Xbox games released on Steam are of a not-insignificant price, even the 'sub-AAA' caliber titles, and I'm just going to assume that at the bare minimum having those priced as they are indirectly makes the Game Pass subscription ever-so-more comparatively attractive.

Xbox + Space Games - Mass Effect = ?

Kerbal Space Program. Anybody play this on XB1? Any thoughts on how it controls compared to the PC version?

KSP is still pretty poorly optimized on PC, it does worse on CPU-limited consoles and the audience reaction is very lukewarm (though at least the inability of mod actually makes performance much more consistent than otherwise). By strange coincidence, I think Xbox has more non-Mass Effect space games than Switch or Playstation. Elite Dangerous, Everspace, any Star Wars game, Strike Suit Zero, the list goes on.

There's also No Man's Sky, if you want to resort to that. :mrgreen:

Nah. I'l just pick up KSP on Steam since it just went on sale.

I can't picture playing KSP without mods.

Though I don't own it through Steam, I bought it directly from Squad back when it was still in beta.

Synthesis wrote: »

I can't picture playing KSP without mods.

Though I don't own it through Steam, I bought it directly from Squad back when it was still in beta.

Not really a mod guy. PC just seems easier for KSP anyway.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Thank the skywizards that tetris is going to have that next gen sheen!

Nosf wrote: »
    Thank the skywizards that tetris is going to have that next gen sheen!

You joke, but Tetris Effect is downright transcendent. It's made by the Rez people.

(Then again it was transcendent on the last gen, so joke stands, I guess. :P )

• OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Nitsua wrote: »
    I gained my live of reading because of old school 8-bit and DOS RPGs. Phantasy Star and the Gold Box Games by TSR. I think kids are missing out with all this voice acting we have in games today.

With the scrolly text on the 8-bit RPGs and the... external journal articles for the Gold Box games? The Gold Box games were severely limited in their text capacity. I feel like kids can get similar writing from mobile games nowadays. Otherwise I think better gaming-based reading material would have been text adventures from the 80s, and RPGs from the 90s, when they were no longer space constrained.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    "Transition" is a pretty interesting description of Bioware's recent output. Transitioning from a surface going vessel to a more...submersible version thereof?
    qvxcclcxziua.png

Picked up an Elite 2 controller, thought they had stiffed me on the cable, but it was there, tucked away. Unlike my first Elite, I will do my best not to kick the cable out of it during a destiny raid thus a) breaking the cable and b) almost tearing that port off the internal board. It wasn't that which caused me to replace my original, it was the rubber grips on one side starting to peel - and the part that peeled is basically the main body of the controller and it's stretched so it's just a disaster that I haven't sat down to fix with some gorilla glue and an exacto knife. I think I can fix it, and if I can I'll just give the first one away to my co worker.

I didn't realize it came with a charging base, that's a pretty nice change!

edit: ME 1 was the best game in the series, despite the lean complexity of visited planets w/ cut/paste dwellings and the most satisfying resolution / ending of the three.

Nosf on
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I... don't even know where to grab onto this thread at this point. o_o

Less than 30 days before the "delivery lottery" day.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    Has there been any word about units being available in stores on release day? I assume midnight launches are going to be kind of a no-no due to the whole pandemic thing, but I vaguely remember a statement from MS that some units were being held back for release day.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Trojan35 wrote: »

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty sure I can only read because of Pokemon

Yup. RPGs absolutely made reading fun for me.

Either I get my Xbox day one, or I'm going full Hitman and dressing as an amazon worker and infiltrating their warehouses

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Either I get my Xbox day one, or I'm going full Hitman and dressing as an amazon worker and infiltrating their warehouses

I'll get the bail money ready.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I have purchased my first "x series" game in AC White power. Hopefully its better than Odyssey.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I don't actually have any games purchased yet. I kinda just want to see of the Series X turns into a potato like the One X + SSD does in PSO2 when dozens of players fill the block before an urgent quest or the concerts. I've had to leave blocks/channels if one of those concerts starts and it's on a capacity block/channel. @_@

It's crazy.

I don't actually have any games purchased yet. I kinda just want to see of the Series X turns into a potato like the One X + SSD does in PSO2 when dozens of players fill the block before an urgent quest or the concerts. I've had to leave blocks/channels if one of those concerts starts and it's on a capacity block/channel. @_@

It's crazy.

Is this even English?

It's crazy.

Is this even English?

One X + SSD = Xbox One X with a SSD.

Series X = Xbox Series X, it's the new Xbox

SSD = Solid State Drive, it's an external hard drive that boasts faster load times.

Urgent Quest = scheduled events that group players together

Concerts = they are... concerts.

Blocks = channels, which are just instances, or collections of players layered over each other to conserve resources.

PSO2 = Phantasy Star Online 2, an MMO.