[Xbox] Series S and Series X launch November; Pre-Orders open Tuesday!

15052545556

Posts

  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    Anyone planning on getting up early on the 22nd to get their preorders in ?

    They go live at 8am in the uk, so I’ll be up early hitting refresh.

    I don’t know whether to grab an external drive at the same time. Seagate were doing a 5Tb for £120 recently, and I was tempted then.

    Destiny 2 will be over 100gb, and that will have a permanent place on the internal drive. I can see Cyberpunk being a permanent resident for a good while. I probably have another 300gb or so of permanent games, so that doesn’t leave me much for future new games or Gamepass impulse installs...

    When do the Black Friday Amazon sales start ? They’re normally decent for electronics, right ?

    I'm planning on it. I was originally planning to stay up until midnight the night before, but if US is anything like UK it sounds like that won't be necessary. We don't have any official times for US yet, right?

    Steam: offday
  • M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    Anyone planning on getting up early on the 22nd to get their preorders in ?

    They go live at 8am in the uk, so I’ll be up early hitting refresh.

    I don’t know whether to grab an external drive at the same time. Seagate were doing a 5Tb for £120 recently, and I was tempted then.

    Destiny 2 will be over 100gb, and that will have a permanent place on the internal drive. I can see Cyberpunk being a permanent resident for a good while. I probably have another 300gb or so of permanent games, so that doesn’t leave me much for future new games or Gamepass impulse installs...

    When do the Black Friday Amazon sales start ? They’re normally decent for electronics, right ?

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Expansion-Special-External-Portable/dp/B07VS8QCXC/ref=sr_1_3?crid=L5I2L0S918R&dchild=1&keywords=5tb+external+hard+drive&qid=1600300258&sprefix=5tb+,aps,168&sr=8-3

    £102 for 5tb. It’s 2,5 inch, too, so no need for a power supply.

    Hmm, I might grab it now, I can move all my games across to it this weekend, and go on an installing spree.

    Oh, the temptations of late night shopping.

  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited September 16


    My series X plan was to walk into a store that day and buy one. Take the day and maybe the week off, play Destiny etc.

    Nosf on
    anoffdayZilla360
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Amazon hasn't even put up a page for their preorders yet...

    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    Anyone planning on getting up early on the 22nd to get their preorders in ?

    They go live at 8am in the uk, so I’ll be up early hitting refresh.

    I don’t know whether to grab an external drive at the same time. Seagate were doing a 5Tb for £120 recently, and I was tempted then.

    Destiny 2 will be over 100gb, and that will have a permanent place on the internal drive. I can see Cyberpunk being a permanent resident for a good while. I probably have another 300gb or so of permanent games, so that doesn’t leave me much for future new games or Gamepass impulse installs...

    When do the Black Friday Amazon sales start ? They’re normally decent for electronics, right ?

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Expansion-Special-External-Portable/dp/B07VS8QCXC/ref=sr_1_3?crid=L5I2L0S918R&dchild=1&keywords=5tb+external+hard+drive&qid=1600300258&sprefix=5tb+,aps,168&sr=8-3

    £102 for 5tb. It’s 2,5 inch, too, so no need for a power supply.

    Hmm, I might grab it now, I can move all my games across to it this weekend, and go on an installing spree.

    Oh, the temptations of late night shopping.

    .... Ooooooooh. You know, I am kind of low on space... (It's https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Backup-External-Drive-Portable/dp/B07MY44VNM for the .us-ers)

    If you pick that up, let me know how loud it is? I have been so burnt by absurdly noisy drives like that.

  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited September 17
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    I find the pricing odd. With Xbox, you’re paying almost half for a weaker machine, but with new stuff, ie a better cpu, and faster hard drive. So you have lower resolution gaming vs 4K goodness.

    With Sony, it’s a 100 less for no drive. But as they’re otherwise identical, you’re essentially paying 100 for the drive. It’s almost like the drive is being held hostage.

    It's a bigger price difference than I was expecting. I could argue seeing it from a glass-half-full view: for $100 less, all you're giving up a UHD drive.

    Though, ironically, since the Series S and Series X share a CPU, for $100 less than a PS5AD, you're getting a much smaller machine that's got a better CPU...and a slower GPU and even less storage space and a less capable GPU. How often does a faster CPU matter? Well, probably about as often as faster storage.

    With the Series X we're paying something for the size--the console would be at least marginally cheaper, and probably notably cheaper to make, were it as big as a Series X (and it would still be smaller than a PS5/PS5AD in that configuration). Arguably not the best cost-benefit element, but at least it's cute and tiny.

    I'm absolutely pre-ordering on the 22nd. I'm annoyed that they haven't announced a Day One edition console, but I'm going to pre-order no matter what. My Xbox One X is basically my "do everything" machine, and on day one, a machine that does it all* and plays games better is too enticing for me to pass up.

    Sony hasn't really shown anything to convince me I'd use a PS5 for anything specific, and with title overlap (as on Xbox) that's only become a bit more apparent. So I'm not in any rush to get one when there are still a lot of PS4 games I ought to play.

    *Sans Kinect, like Sony and BC.

    Synthesis on
    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    My original plan was to not get a new xbox, but to snag a cancelable preorder just in case I changed my mind. (And then maybe be too lazy to cancel and "Whoops, guess I have a series X now"

    After the PS5 stuff today, I'm not terribly worried about the Xbox selling out and likely won't bother with a preorder. If I ever decide to get one, I'm sure they'll be in stock somewhere.

  • M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    Anyone planning on getting up early on the 22nd to get their preorders in ?

    They go live at 8am in the uk, so I’ll be up early hitting refresh.

    I don’t know whether to grab an external drive at the same time. Seagate were doing a 5Tb for £120 recently, and I was tempted then.

    Destiny 2 will be over 100gb, and that will have a permanent place on the internal drive. I can see Cyberpunk being a permanent resident for a good while. I probably have another 300gb or so of permanent games, so that doesn’t leave me much for future new games or Gamepass impulse installs...

    When do the Black Friday Amazon sales start ? They’re normally decent for electronics, right ?

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Expansion-Special-External-Portable/dp/B07VS8QCXC/ref=sr_1_3?crid=L5I2L0S918R&dchild=1&keywords=5tb+external+hard+drive&qid=1600300258&sprefix=5tb+,aps,168&sr=8-3

    £102 for 5tb. It’s 2,5 inch, too, so no need for a power supply.

    Hmm, I might grab it now, I can move all my games across to it this weekend, and go on an installing spree.

    Oh, the temptations of late night shopping.

    .... Ooooooooh. You know, I am kind of low on space... (It's https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Backup-External-Drive-Portable/dp/B07MY44VNM for the .us-ers)

    If you pick that up, let me know how loud it is? I have been so burnt by absurdly noisy drives like that.

    I have the 1gb version already, and it’s whisper quiet, I don’t even know when I’m playing games off it.

    dporowski
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited September 17
    dporowski wrote: »
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    Anyone planning on getting up early on the 22nd to get their preorders in ?

    They go live at 8am in the uk, so I’ll be up early hitting refresh.

    I don’t know whether to grab an external drive at the same time. Seagate were doing a 5Tb for £120 recently, and I was tempted then.

    Destiny 2 will be over 100gb, and that will have a permanent place on the internal drive. I can see Cyberpunk being a permanent resident for a good while. I probably have another 300gb or so of permanent games, so that doesn’t leave me much for future new games or Gamepass impulse installs...

    When do the Black Friday Amazon sales start ? They’re normally decent for electronics, right ?

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Expansion-Special-External-Portable/dp/B07VS8QCXC/ref=sr_1_3?crid=L5I2L0S918R&dchild=1&keywords=5tb+external+hard+drive&qid=1600300258&sprefix=5tb+,aps,168&sr=8-3

    £102 for 5tb. It’s 2,5 inch, too, so no need for a power supply.

    Hmm, I might grab it now, I can move all my games across to it this weekend, and go on an installing spree.

    Oh, the temptations of late night shopping.

    .... Ooooooooh. You know, I am kind of low on space... (It's https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Backup-External-Drive-Portable/dp/B07MY44VNM for the .us-ers)

    If you pick that up, let me know how loud it is? I have been so burnt by absurdly noisy drives like that.

    You could get an 1 TB SSD and a cheap enclosure (or even just a USB 3.0 to SATA adapter), and it wouldn't make any noise at all, if you're that worried about that.

    Synthesis on
    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    Anyone planning on getting up early on the 22nd to get their preorders in ?

    They go live at 8am in the uk, so I’ll be up early hitting refresh.

    I don’t know whether to grab an external drive at the same time. Seagate were doing a 5Tb for £120 recently, and I was tempted then.

    Destiny 2 will be over 100gb, and that will have a permanent place on the internal drive. I can see Cyberpunk being a permanent resident for a good while. I probably have another 300gb or so of permanent games, so that doesn’t leave me much for future new games or Gamepass impulse installs...

    When do the Black Friday Amazon sales start ? They’re normally decent for electronics, right ?

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Expansion-Special-External-Portable/dp/B07VS8QCXC/ref=sr_1_3?crid=L5I2L0S918R&dchild=1&keywords=5tb+external+hard+drive&qid=1600300258&sprefix=5tb+,aps,168&sr=8-3

    £102 for 5tb. It’s 2,5 inch, too, so no need for a power supply.

    Hmm, I might grab it now, I can move all my games across to it this weekend, and go on an installing spree.

    Oh, the temptations of late night shopping.

    .... Ooooooooh. You know, I am kind of low on space... (It's https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Backup-External-Drive-Portable/dp/B07MY44VNM for the .us-ers)

    If you pick that up, let me know how loud it is? I have been so burnt by absurdly noisy drives like that.

    You could get an 1 TB SSD and a cheap enclosure (or even just a USB 3.0 to SATA adapter), and it wouldn't make any noise at all, if you're that worried about that.

    I've got a 1TB 2.5" or something hung off the back right now and it's delightful, but that's a really good price for basically "all the space ever".

    Basil
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    i'll be waiting till the new year before i pick up a Series X, and will hopefully upgrade my tv before then. i've had a 5TB Seagate Expansion drive for a few years now and am pretty happy with it. it'll make it easy to transfer things over and i'll decide what i want on the internal drive closer to picking up the console. also eager to find out just how they'll be pricing the storage expansion backs.

  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    Anyone planning on getting up early on the 22nd to get their preorders in ?

    They go live at 8am in the uk, so I’ll be up early hitting refresh.

    I don’t know whether to grab an external drive at the same time. Seagate were doing a 5Tb for £120 recently, and I was tempted then.

    Destiny 2 will be over 100gb, and that will have a permanent place on the internal drive. I can see Cyberpunk being a permanent resident for a good while. I probably have another 300gb or so of permanent games, so that doesn’t leave me much for future new games or Gamepass impulse installs...

    When do the Black Friday Amazon sales start ? They’re normally decent for electronics, right ?

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Expansion-Special-External-Portable/dp/B07VS8QCXC/ref=sr_1_3?crid=L5I2L0S918R&dchild=1&keywords=5tb+external+hard+drive&qid=1600300258&sprefix=5tb+,aps,168&sr=8-3

    £102 for 5tb. It’s 2,5 inch, too, so no need for a power supply.

    Hmm, I might grab it now, I can move all my games across to it this weekend, and go on an installing spree.

    Oh, the temptations of late night shopping.

    .... Ooooooooh. You know, I am kind of low on space... (It's https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Backup-External-Drive-Portable/dp/B07MY44VNM for the .us-ers)

    If you pick that up, let me know how loud it is? I have been so burnt by absurdly noisy drives like that.

    You could get an 1 TB SSD and a cheap enclosure (or even just a USB 3.0 to SATA adapter), and it wouldn't make any noise at all, if you're that worried about that.

    I've got a 1TB 2.5" or something hung off the back right now and it's delightful, but that's a really good price for basically "all the space ever".

    This is honestly what I'd do if I didn't buy a self-powered enclosure (so I could use it as a USB hub/charge a bunch of things at once--this one was $19.99 when I bought it). USB-SATA connectors are absurdly cheap anyway, and you can just leave a SSD on top of the console with impunity.

    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    i'll be waiting till the new year before i pick up a Series X, and will hopefully upgrade my tv before then. i've had a 5TB Seagate Expansion drive for a few years now and am pretty happy with it. it'll make it easy to transfer things over and i'll decide what i want on the internal drive closer to picking up the console. also eager to find out just how they'll be pricing the storage expansion backs.

    A 1tb drive is $220 according a leaked price listing.

    The official seagate page doesn’t have a price yet, though, so wait and see.

  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    i'll be waiting till the new year before i pick up a Series X, and will hopefully upgrade my tv before then. i've had a 5TB Seagate Expansion drive for a few years now and am pretty happy with it. it'll make it easy to transfer things over and i'll decide what i want on the internal drive closer to picking up the console. also eager to find out just how they'll be pricing the storage expansion backs.

    A 1tb drive is $220 according a leaked price listing.

    The official seagate page doesn’t have a price yet, though, so wait and see.

    yeah and i said earlier in the thread that i'm not taking those leaks as gospel just yet. i'll wait and see how it turns out but honestly i will be stunned if the $220 price turns out to be accurate.

    Nitsua
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    so Canadian pricing is bizzare
    Digital: 499.99
    Phat: 629.99

    I have no idea why they didn't match the 599.99 price of the Series X.

    The weird thing is both of these are under the Conversation rate of USD to CA (similar to what MS did).

    I put in a pre-order for the Digital version, with tax it comes out to $550cad which = $425usd, so it's a "good deal" up here compared to how things normally go. Also I can cancel it if I change my mind.

    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    LBD_Nytetrayn
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    what? how are yo able to put in a preorder? D:

    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    what? how are yo able to put in a preorder? D:

    quite a few places have gone a head an opened up PS5 pre-orders already instead of waiting till tomorrow. if you're planing on buying check your preferred retailer and hope the order page isn't getting hammered to hard.

    Xbox pre-orders are still slated for the 22nd.

  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    what? how are yo able to put in a preorder? D:

    quite a few places have gone a head an opened up PS5 pre-orders already instead of waiting till tomorrow. if you're planing on buying check your preferred retailer and hope the order page isn't getting hammered to hard.

    Xbox pre-orders are still slated for the 22nd.

    Sony really just adding insult to injury there. Or more injury to injury.

  • JazzJazz Fuck cancer. Un-UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 17
    Sony really came out swinging today, it has to be said. Taking no prisoners. The "btw pre-orders are tomorrow!" thing in particular was going for the jugular.

    Then it was all "psyche! Not tomorrow, pre-order one now!" which, you know, might just have been the retailers, but still.

    Jazz on
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    i do wonder if Sony brought the pre-order date forward after MS being forced to announce last week.

  • JazzJazz Fuck cancer. Un-UKRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't doubt it for a second.

  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I'm more curious if they were thinking about 600/500 before the MS stuff leaked. Might be the most damaging leak in video game history if that's the case.

  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    I'm more curious if they were thinking about 600/500 before the MS stuff leaked. Might be the most damaging leak in video game history if that's the case.

    i'm less convinced of that, but i wouldn't be shocked if it turned out to be the case either.

  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    If this were a TV show or movie... Yes, that would be a plausible thing. IRL? Not so much. Esp given all that's going on.

    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Reports say MS was always willing to compete in price

    Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got the naked chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.
  • M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    i'll be waiting till the new year before i pick up a Series X, and will hopefully upgrade my tv before then. i've had a 5TB Seagate Expansion drive for a few years now and am pretty happy with it. it'll make it easy to transfer things over and i'll decide what i want on the internal drive closer to picking up the console. also eager to find out just how they'll be pricing the storage expansion backs.

    A 1tb drive is $220 according a leaked price listing.

    The official seagate page doesn’t have a price yet, though, so wait and see.

    yeah and i said earlier in the thread that i'm not taking those leaks as gospel just yet. i'll wait and see how it turns out but honestly i will be stunned if the $220 price turns out to be accurate.

    I think it might be accurate. They showed what was inside one, and it looks a custom m3 ssd in a housing (like putting a regular ssd in a 2.5 inch usb housing). The standard m3’s are pricey, so if this is a special custom one, I can see that bumping up the price. It’s also proprietary, so that generally adds onto the price.

    Time will tell.

  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Jim Ryan of Sony is saying they were always going to do 500/400 because they wanted a model that matched the PS4's launch price.
    Ryan also claims that the pricing of the PlayStation 5 machines was decided “quite early this year,” and that Sony always intended to offer a version of the PlayStation 5 at the same price point as 2013′s PlayStation 4. The coronavirus pandemic hit, however, and new issues about distribution emerged. The canceling of the E3 event in June caused the entire industry to reconsider its plans.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/09/16/ps5-retail-units/

    Wraith260Zilla360
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    i'll be waiting till the new year before i pick up a Series X, and will hopefully upgrade my tv before then. i've had a 5TB Seagate Expansion drive for a few years now and am pretty happy with it. it'll make it easy to transfer things over and i'll decide what i want on the internal drive closer to picking up the console. also eager to find out just how they'll be pricing the storage expansion backs.

    A 1tb drive is $220 according a leaked price listing.

    The official seagate page doesn’t have a price yet, though, so wait and see.

    yeah and i said earlier in the thread that i'm not taking those leaks as gospel just yet. i'll wait and see how it turns out but honestly i will be stunned if the $220 price turns out to be accurate.

    I think it might be accurate. They showed what was inside one, and it looks a custom m3 ssd in a housing (like putting a regular ssd in a 2.5 inch usb housing). The standard m3’s are pricey, so if this is a special custom one, I can see that bumping up the price. It’s also proprietary, so that generally adds onto the price.

    Time will tell.

    i've no doubt that the things were expensive to develop and to manufacture, but pricing them at almost the same cost as an entire console would be a major yikes. perhaps you can try to justify it by saying how much you save on games with Game Pass but i don't see people being very open to that line of thinking.

  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited September 17
    All the fuckery happening with PS5 preorders is making me a little nervous. I wasn't worried until I saw all the sites crashing/selling out initial stock the last few hours. I was helping my brother get his PS5 order in and he just had better luck going into store. But now I'm curious, do I show up late on the 21st or line up for opening on the next day? I'm feeling better about my odds in person

    Local H Jay on
    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
    PS4 - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Jim Ryan of Sony is saying they were always going to do 500/400 because they wanted a model that matched the PS4's launch price.
    Ryan also claims that the pricing of the PlayStation 5 machines was decided “quite early this year,” and that Sony always intended to offer a version of the PlayStation 5 at the same price point as 2013′s PlayStation 4. The coronavirus pandemic hit, however, and new issues about distribution emerged. The canceling of the E3 event in June caused the entire industry to reconsider its plans.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/09/16/ps5-retail-units/

    that's such fucking bullshit, if that was true they would have announced a price weeks if not months ago

    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    Local H JayTexiKenWildaliJazzeMoanderHefflingZilla360Stabbity Style
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Jim Ryan of Sony is saying they were always going to do 500/400 because they wanted a model that matched the PS4's launch price.
    Ryan also claims that the pricing of the PlayStation 5 machines was decided “quite early this year,” and that Sony always intended to offer a version of the PlayStation 5 at the same price point as 2013′s PlayStation 4. The coronavirus pandemic hit, however, and new issues about distribution emerged. The canceling of the E3 event in June caused the entire industry to reconsider its plans.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/09/16/ps5-retail-units/

    honestly i think both were probably lock in on price for a while and were just holding off on announcing because of the absolute hellscape that 2020 has been. trying to sell people on a $500 luxury item when they can't pay the rent and are worrying about being evicted isn't a great look. things haven't massively improved on that front but we've moved along enough that its easier to start hyping things up i think.

    BRIAN BLESSED
  • TexiKenTexiKen O! T! M! Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    i do wonder if Sony brought the pre-order date forward after MS being forced to announce last week.

    It's what Sony always does. It's why I wish companies would play the stupid game of chicken with Sony to the end and then fuck them over the way they do other companies because it will hurt Sony more than Microsoft. Sony will give themselves enough rope to hang with, they did it with the PS3. And when Microsoft had the killshot on the PS3, even with the red ring debacle and every division of Sony but games on life support, they just dicked around with stupid kinect and that shitty One launch.

    They should have had pre-orders ready to go over the weekend of the 12th or at latest yesterday, because the only other option for Sony would be to release some information in a slapdash way because I can guarantee they thought the X would be six hundo.

    uTugZdf.png
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    yup, why MS didn't already have pre-orders open is INSANE.

    The funny thing about it though is that because of MS' computer stance, I'm not going to end up getting a Series S|X. I can get all the MS benefits on my PC with Game Pass Ultimate. So then I just end up getting a PS5 for their stupid exclusives cause i'm a big dummy. Either way both companies win lol

    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Nobody is going to change what they buy based on "when preorders open". I mean seriously.

    shoeboxjeddyCarpyWraith260MulletudeWildalieMoanderBlackDragon480PreacherLBD_NytetraynStabbity Style
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I honestly don't see any compelling reason to get any of the launch-specific titles for any of the consoles at day one this time around, so the desperate squabbling for preorders is just funny as shit to me

    At the very least once I'm finally rid of my Old Black Box I'm not shelling out another few hundo to buy my new games and rebuy my old ones

    dporowski
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I honestly don't see any compelling reason to get any of the launch-specific titles for any of the consoles at day one this time around, so the desperate squabbling for preorders is just funny as shit to me

    At the very least once I'm finally rid of my Old Black Box I'm not shelling out another few hundo to buy my new games and rebuy my old ones

    Eh, people have been wanting these new consoles for like 2 years if not longer, and it's been a long year of bullshit so everyone wanted the new shiny to distract from the shitty world we've inherited, but even that was too much to ask from Sony lol

    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
    PS4 - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I mean I'm probably gonna. Because fuck else have I got to do, stuck at home, plague, wildfires, smoke...

    But like, no real reason.

  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Guy who runs company says company was always going to do thing that seems re-assuring to customers, honest.

    Local H JayWildaliJazzBlackDragon480LBD_Nytetrayn
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I decided to skip the Xbox One X upgrade, and I’m going to order the Series X on Tuesday. It’ll be the one big graphics upgrade I got since 2013, so I’m pretty excited about it and would like to have it on day one.

    smCQ5WE.jpg
    Local H JayWraith260shoeboxjeddySynthesisBRIAN BLESSEDCarpyKen OJazzeMoanderBlackDragon480HefflingPreacherNitsuaZilla360Stabbity Style
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I'll try to do live updates on Monday night and Tuesday morning for retailers

    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
    PS4 - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
Sign In or Register to comment.