As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]ter's Block

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I will totally have a two-burg day.

I ate three open faced anchovy sandwiches today, so you could be having a more questionable culinary day.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Welp, cardiologist says I'm basically in perfect health. My heart is super healthy and strong, all my levels are good. I'm overweight but other than that, I'm essentially in tip top shape.

So the culprit is anxiety and I need to find ways to chill out. Wheeee

At least it is solvable. I dread getting my heart looked at right now.

Do it now before you have to stare at it on an ECG while it looks back at you like a sad half deflated stretched out eggplant

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

@Shazkar Shadowstorm @Casual Eddy :3

it's not for 'recreational' use it looks like, only in a therapeutic setting:
    would allow licensed facilitators to administer psilocybin to patients

Yeah and marijuana was once only legal for medicinal purposes. It's cool to see a trend towards rethinking drug prohibition when certain drugs were only outlawed because of who was using them, not what they did.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I will totally have a two-burg day.

I ate three open faced anchovy sandwiches today, so you could be having a more questionable culinary day.

I just ate lunch its 3 pm. I was looking for a snack and realized I hadn't eaten since this morning.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I ate eggos, peanuts, and some sweet potatoes that I was roasting

Also 3 cups of coffee

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I had some of the new chicken sliders from sonic. They were pretty decent.
    Taco Bell's servers got fucking wrecked by the free $5 Combo thing today
    So that was a no go.

Most importantly
    I got a Route 44 Cherry Limeade.
    A time honored Sonic tradition

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Oof there’s like 3 dead baby birds on the porch from the nests there

It rained a lot yesterday, maybe the nests flooded and they fell out

Also, gross, I don’t want to be the one to clean them up

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Had to get a new ID card for work.

I am rocking the axe murderer look

Protip:

Don't get a new driver's license in the middle of a global pandemic and at a time when you haven't been to a barber in quiiiite some time.

P2N4zEdm.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »

"Shazkar Shadowstorm" "Casual Eddy" :3

Yeah and marijuana was once only legal for medicinal purposes. It's cool to see a trend towards rethinking drug prohibition when certain drugs were only outlawed because of who was using them, not what they did.

How are we going to throw hippies in jail now??

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    todays hot take: sammy davis jr performing mr bojangles is one of the greatest musical performances in american history

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Chanus wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    Is that a common pronunciation of ambulance?

amble-lance is pretty common yeah

Is this a West Coast vs East Coast thing? Cause I've always heard it said amb-u-lence.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    RedTide wrote: »

"Shazkar Shadowstorm" "Casual Eddy" :3

How are we going to throw hippies in jail now??

we've banned acoustic guitars

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

Protip:

Don't get a new driver's license in the middle of a global pandemic and at a time when you haven't been to a barber in quiiiite some time.

P2N4zEdm.jpg
    Don't take this the wrong way, Athenor, but you look like you are about to post a manifesto of some sort. Although, knowing you, it will probably be about Transformers and board games.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Protip:

[im.g]http://i.imgur.com/P2N4zEdm.jpg[/img]
    Don't take this the wrong way, Athenor, but you look like you are about to post a manifesto of some sort. Although, knowing you, it will probably be about Transformers and board games.

No, you're right! I absolutely want to get a do-over, but I don't want to spend another hour in the DMV!

Also they wouldn't let me wear my glasses.

HQ8GUMWl.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Looks like the space redo is working out

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Drivers license photos are destined to be terrible in one way or another.
    The best you can hope for is entertainingly bad.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Are you back in the office!?

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Watching Korra

As much as I watched the entire run of Avatar, I still find myself wincing slightly whenever they use the term "bender" in isolation

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Drivers license photos are destined to be terrible in one way or another.
    The best you can hope for is entertainingly bad.

One of my was shadowed such that it looked like I was badly beaten.

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

No Athenor was redoing his apt

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

No Athenor was redoing his apt

Oh, that was referring to me. Heh. :)

No, I took that picture in my office / 2nd bedroom. I haven't even touched this space yet. It's... bad.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Watching Korra

As much as I watched the entire run of Avatar, I still find myself wincing slightly whenever they use the term "bender" in isolation

For the country responsible for Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, 'Airbender' seems like the kind of thing that would have been changed for localization.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Carl Reiner passed away.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Aaaaand now I'm caught up on Gunnerkrigg Court

That was… surprisingly short

It really seems like we're in the last act of this story, or at least ramping up to the last act

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Wait athenor what is that roller coaster thing behind you

To be clear you should get rid of it and all your other toys and enjoy the resultant surfeit of funds and empty space to fill with pursuits that I personally deem worthwhile

But still I want to know what it is

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    ah yes, when they localized ATLA

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Aaaaand now I'm caught up on Gunnerkrigg Court

That was… surprisingly short

It really seems like we're in the last act of this story, or at least ramping up to the last act
    Myself, I still have no idea where they're going with this.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Watching Korra

Why?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    re: Gunnerkrigg Court

I'm really excited that the Tic-Tocs are being explained because they're one of the oldest elements in the story

edit: I'd like to additionally point out that Tic-Tocs have been in the story longer than Kat has

A Kobold's Kobold on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Is that a common pronunciation of ambulance?

amble-lance is pretty common yeah

Is this a West Coast vs East Coast thing? Cause I've always heard it said amb-u-lence.

it might be a southern thing

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    Wait athenor what is that roller coaster thing behind you

To be clear you should get rid of it and all your other toys and enjoy the resultant surfeit of funds and empty space to fill with pursuits that I personally deem worthwhile

But still I want to know what it is

Lego roller coaster. One of my bigger sets. Also the place where the MCU congregates to have fun.

kbeQefkl.jpg

It's fun to just reach over and send the cars going.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Avatar: The Last Airbinder is a perfectly serviceable substitution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngZq4TmP_Wc

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Watching Korra

Why?

I'm guessing because in certain places it's slang for getting really really drunk or otherwise impaired.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Watching Korra

Why?

I'm guessing because in certain places it's slang for getting really really drunk or otherwise impaired.

More that it's an insulting term for a gay man in the UK

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Watching Korra

Why?

Fig 1: Airbending

zocbv1pdla9b.png

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Watching Korra

Why?

It's a homophobic slur in the UK, albeit one that was more prevalent ~20 years ago or so

• Options
    Watching Korra

Why?

zocbv1pdla9b.png

WHY

• Options
    Watching Korra

Why?

zocbv1pdla9b.png

WHY

the-glenlivet-capsule-collection-image-2.jpg

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Watching Korra

Why?

zocbv1pdla9b.png

WHY

The best part is the mediocre whisky.

This discussion has been closed.