[Chat]ter's Block

• 21stCentury21stCentury A lovely pixel artist and gamecrafter [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    21stCentury I mean I can't tell Quebequois French from France French but I think I found some hits searching for "Henri pis sa Gang".

Yeah, me too, but it was all fandub.

• 21stCentury21stCentury A lovely pixel artist and gamecrafter [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    @21stCentury i just reread some of the earlier posts from when I was driving. What is doing a Trudeau?

it's doing that thing trudeau did.

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    21stCentury I mean I can't tell Quebequois French from France French but I think I found some hits searching for "Henri pis sa Gang".

Yeah, me too, but it was all fandub.

ah lame

hmm it's gotta be out there somewhere

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Yeah, I just saw the examples of using magnets with painting handles. One thing about power rangers is that it has a TOOOOON of minis and uses a lot of open holders to separate everything out. I'd love a better storage solution.

The plan after these is to move to my Mansions of Madness models. Those have specialized bases and I have an organizer kit that utilizes them.

Looking at the Goobertown video I think I was way too conservative on my poster putty. I also liked the suggestion of double-sided tape, though I still like the idea of using floral foam to get smaller, more managable areas than cardboard. Also he primed without gloves on and just didn't give a darn about the paint. I don't think I can do that because of the apartment situation. :)

oh man do not do any priming inside. it's not about getting it on your hands but your lungs. outside for sure and on a warm day with low humidity is best.

DEFUND THE POLICE
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

I knew there was a good joke in there but I didn't consider it from the FF angle, let alone the cute FF angle

What have I become

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    Couscous
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I just saw the examples of using magnets with painting handles. One thing about power rangers is that it has a TOOOOON of minis and uses a lot of open holders to separate everything out. I'd love a better storage solution.

The plan after these is to move to my Mansions of Madness models. Those have specialized bases and I have an organizer kit that utilizes them.

Looking at the Goobertown video I think I was way too conservative on my poster putty. I also liked the suggestion of double-sided tape, though I still like the idea of using floral foam to get smaller, more managable areas than cardboard. Also he primed without gloves on and just didn't give a darn about the paint. I don't think I can do that because of the apartment situation. :)

oh man do not do any priming inside. it's not about getting it on your hands but your lungs. outside for sure and on a warm day with low humidity is best.

Oh yeah, tried priming once in my apartment 3 years ago, took all kinds of precautions and lined a bathroom with plastic. Never doing that again, and that's why I have put things off so long.

What I mean is I don't wanna get it on my hands too much because I live on the 3rd floor and there are some shared hallways/doors that I don't wanna get messy.

Today wasn't too bad. 80 degrees and 70% humidity, but I was very anxious. I'm gonna try holding the spray can further away but I am not 100% sure how to get primer into all those nooks and crannies short of direct bursts.

Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
    RiemannLives
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited July 1
    Nice

Andrew Rhea of Binging with Babish has the carving fork from the movie Chef that Jon Favreau plates the pasta aglio e olio with for Scarlett Johannson

He claims that folks ask him when he's going to frame it and he insists that it's just in a drawer as a daily driver

what the fuck his name isn't even babish????

Casual Eddy on
    Elki wrote: »

Casual Eddy: best poster 2014.
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Casual Eddy: best poster of 2015

gotta update that stuff man
    So It GoesKanawandering
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

Oh yeah, tried priming once in my apartment 3 years ago, took all kinds of precautions and lined a bathroom with plastic. Never doing that again, and that's why I have put things off so long.

What I mean is I don't wanna get it on my hands too much because I live on the 3rd floor and there are some shared hallways/doors that I don't wanna get messy.

Today wasn't too bad. 80 degrees and 70% humidity, but I was very anxious. I'm gonna try holding the spray can further away but I am not 100% sure how to get primer into all those nooks and crannies short of direct bursts.

Most important is use decent primer. I like Army Painter brand but there's lots of good ones out there.

Then do sweeps across the mini from the distance recommended on the can rather than direct bursts. Don't need to get it all at once do more and thinner sweeps. If you do need to touch up with a direct burst then do it from further away and only get closer if you are sure you need to.

If it all goes wrong you can always strip the mini and try again. To do then soak it in simple green or isopropyl alcohol and give it a good scrubbing. After doing that the mini will look pretty haggard and discolored but it will be fine to prime again.

DEFUND THE POLICE
    Athenor
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    what even is a babish

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Since I've got nothing else to do, following up briefly on the pop art-ness of Japanese art.

So like with rising incomes and urbanization in Tokugawa Japan, you had a really sizable developing early middle class in Japan. And because it's a country at peace, the middle class started to do what middle class folks like to do - going on vacations. The big roads between the major cities promoted a pretty healthy tourist trade during the spring and summer, and so people would go to cities like Kyoto and Tokyo to go see the sights, take in shows featuring famous actors and entertainers, the whole shindig. So a big topic of woodblock prints are... Tourist attractions! Beautiful nature scenes and natural landmarks, as well as famous actors, athletes, geisha, and so on. They're not just getting pictured because oh, beautiful traditional Japanese culture, ancient wisdom blah blah blah. They're getting printed because people would go see a sumo match and then went a picture to bring back home of the badass sumo they saw who won! Or the hot springs that they went vacationing at!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    AthenorCasual EddyBrodycredeikiLucedesCouscousMazzyxMrMister
    edited July 1
    Kana, a little tangential but have you read The Korean Pop Culture Reader? I've been thinking about writing some essays about modern approaches to art/culture and crit and I feel like I have a huge hole in East Asian approaches

Eddy on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    We're now at close to 20 families we personally know who have fled or are fleeing NYC. 5 of which are heading to your town @Arch.

this is bullshit my property valueeesss

also @Quid it was the new N.K. Jemisin, "The City We Became"

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    @eddy no I haven't. Pretty much all my engagement with modern Korean pop culture has just been through like the fan communities for those things, which is interesting but definitely not a very rigorous source.

Also unfortunately even a lot of academic writing on Korea suuuucks. It's very similar to like reading about explanations of Japanese culture from during their economic boom, just replace Japan with Korea and office buildings with kpop studios.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    EddyCouscous
    A. go back to your expensive-ass city you yankee dirtbags and stop gentrifying my city

B. we don't have a lot of COVID cases and our first case in asheville was from a traveler from NYC stay the fk OUT

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    A. go back to your expensive-ass city you yankee dirtbags and stop gentrifying my city

B. we don't have a lot of COVID cases and our first case in asheville was from a traveler from NYC stay the fk OUT

To late I've moved into your guest bedroom.

Trace wrote: »

To late I've moved into your guest bedroom.

frankly this is an upgrade since until u moved in I was in a 1 bedroom apartment

or...wait...trace...that's the bathtub!

• knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    21stCentury i just reread some of the earlier posts from when I was driving. What is doing a Trudeau?

Do you mean painting himself up in blackface, or something else?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    I'm considering buying these 5 games during the STEAM SUMMER STEAM SALE OF THE SUMMER ON STEAM.

Wandersong - Looks cute and queer
    NITE Team 4 - Realistic hacking sim? Sounds cool
    Evergarden - Looks like a cute, relaxing puzzler
    A Foretold Affair - Visual Novel with Enbies? Sign me up. Also super under-rated (As in, it have nearly no reviews)
    Recursed - Looks like a fun Puzzle Platformer with a cool hook

Anyone have strong opinion for or against any of those?

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    An hour ago i couldnt keep my eyes open now I’m wide awake

Hello chat I’m mad

Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got the naked chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.

Hello chat I’m mad

Hello Mad, i had a coffee at 7pm.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    c995mi7pdfbt.png
    idgi

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

Hello chat I’m mad

I wish coffee had that effect on me anymore

Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got the naked chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.

Hello chat I’m mad

I wish coffee had that effect on me anymore

my trick is that i don't drink much coffee.

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited July 1
    emnmnme wrote: »
    c995mi7pdfbt.png
    idgi

as in teabag by crouching repeatedly so tea and crumpets

unless the idgi was a joke in which case my b and it is I who did not get it

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
    air-photos.tumblr.com
    knitdanemnmnmematt has a problemRhesus PositiveHahnsoo1
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    I think I'm developing an ingrown hair along the jawline. There is no bump but the area is tender to the touch.

Maybe it’s beard cancer.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

It might even be super gentrification. A lot of folks bailing are keeping their NYC salaries.

Mojo_Jojo
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    21stCentury i just reread some of the earlier posts from when I was driving. What is doing a Trudeau?

@21stCentury sorry, the only thing I know about Trudeau is that he’s hot

• A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Apparently there's an actual ARMS song called [NAME REDACTED] and I think that's hilarious

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
    Twitter delenda est

@21stCentury sorry, the only thing I know about Trudeau is that he’s hot

yes, well, i did a trudeau in high school.

Deebaser wrote: »

It might even be super gentrification. A lot of folks bailing are keeping their NYC salaries.

This is bullshit i demand an nyc salary

Deebaser
    Apparently there's an actual ARMS song called [NAME REDACTED] and I think that's hilarious

please to be explain?

• OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    Ok but it shouldn’t matter that you were really hot in high school because you’re also really hot now 🤓

Ok but it shouldn’t matter that you were really hot in high school because you’re also really hot now 🤓

oh you charmer.

• A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular

please to be explain?

the song's actual title is, and this is not a joke, "[NAME REDACTED]". I am not censoring that for comedic effect. That's the actual title. Apparently.

To me, this is funny.

I think it's a boss fight theme

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
    Twitter delenda est
    edited July 1
    I refuse to even smile at the title "[name redacted]" unless it's a cover of a John Cage classic, or I get taken down by a particularly violent MTF, or I start worshiping the king in yellow

whew I spooked myself out just thinking about the king in yellow and had to turn on the lights

Eddy on
    i had coffee at 7pm, it's 1:30 am.

Do i go to bed, do I eat a spaghetti, do i play a DarkDunge or do i harness my creative juices.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I refuse to even smile at the title "[name redacted]" unless it's a cover of a John Cage classic, or I get taken down by a particularly violent MTF, or I start worshiping the king in yellow

whew I spooked myself out just thinking about the king in yellow and had to turn on the lights

To be clear he is absolutely real and also coming for you

Crimson KingEddy
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    i demand an nyc pizza