Options

[Chat]! Ahhhhhh!

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    netflix seems to be happy losing money to churn out utter garbo until something hits the public consciousness like Tiger King or Making a Murderer

yet for some reason they're still making Ozark

Ozark got canceled too

Season 4 is the last

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I had utterly forgotten about ol' Jackie boy.
    Thompson gave Janet Reno a letter at a campaign event requesting that she check a box to indicate whether she was homosexual, bisexual, or heterosexual. Thompson said that Reno then put her hand on his shoulder and responded, "I'm only interested in virile men. That's why I'm not attracted to you." He filed a police report accusing her of battery for touching him.

get fuckin rekt JT

i forgot about that story.

Jerk Thompson sure is a jerk.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    ugh do i want to throw myself back into the alatreon grinder
    If you have to ask...

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Anyways Bogart.

England had it's traditional batting collapse in the top order. We're 106/5 with Stokes and Buttler at bat. Now, if Stokes can pull off his usual heroics in these sorts of conditions it's only a matter of time til he gets his first century as a captain.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    ugh do i want to throw myself back into the alatreon grinder
    If you have to ask...

... the answer is always a resounding yes.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I mean I don't know what alatreon actually is but I'm certain you should devote 85% of your time to it from now on.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    And a rain delay!

I believe this is what's called an 'English Summer'.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    alatreon is the new monster hunter monster

one of the youtube guys i follow took seven hours to get a win

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    La Brava's outfit looks fine and cute to me.
    WANDkdn.png

Could you imagine if your eyes were really that large. Just, the amount of crap that would fly into them all the time. The surface area alone, even walking at a brisk pace would dry them out. Blinking would be horrific, three inch tall eyelids moving up and down, an audible "flup-flup" every time you did it, massive floppy folds of eyelid skin bulging when they were open.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    why anime big eyes 👀

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    netflix seems to be happy losing money to churn out utter garbo until something hits the public consciousness like Tiger King or Making a Murderer

yet for some reason they're still making Ozark

I saw an IRL version of that blonde woman that Marty recruits into his shit (I want to say Loretta but that's probably wrong Ruth, that's it) IRL last weekend when I was vacationing in rural Michigan and it was horrifying

Whole family at the supermarket, no masks, mom calls out to here HEY COME BACK HEEH HEEH WE'LL DO THE BOOZE LATER

NO MAW THE JAEGER IS RIIIIGHT HEEEH

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    La Brava's outfit looks fine and cute to me.
    WANDkdn.png

Could you imagine if your eyes were really that large. Just, the amount of crap that would fly into them all the time. The surface area alone, even walking at a brisk pace would dry them out. Blinking would be horrific, three inch tall eyelids moving up and down, an audible "flup-flup" every time you did it, massive floppy folds of eyelid skin bulging when they were open.

hqdefault.jpg

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    La Brava looks like evil chibi Team Rocket Jesse

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    fucking dogshit fight god damn

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    why anime big eyes 👀

Too much Disney influence

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Running a casual Nuzlocke of LeafGreen to pass some of my downtime.

I've got a rat named Musk.

A magikarp named Ceviche.

And my monkey fella's called Dr.Zaius.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Corona life

sitting in my office, and drinking a swig from the wrong coffee and going BLEGHHHHHHH

Dregs of a nice milky cup they've been sitting out all night

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Uggggh.

It's bad enough that I have this 8 AM meeting - and the vendors sound chipper.

But on top of that, I had another rough night. Yesterday I felt so bad and slept so poorly that I called into work sick and slept till 1PM.

Today? Distinctly awake at 2AM, distinctly was up at 5AM to see light pouring in the apartment. Just... fun all over.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    What if anime eyes is regular size and it's the rest of em what's small

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Gotta admit, I really think the powerful rat named Musk is my biggest masterstroke this week.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Corona life

sitting in my office, and drinking a swig from the wrong coffee and going BLEGHHHHHHH

cursed experience, so awful

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Package delivery driver hopped the curb and in the process hit my arm with his truck mirror! 😡
    No pain so we didn't call the police. Both of us foreigners trying to figure it out in German.

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    Corona life

cursed experience, so awful

*reading emails*

"Ready to sell? What? We never even got a response to our initial comment letter. Let me just load up EDGAR and see what the hell..."

*grabs coffee, preparing to enter the Kanye zone*

ACK ACK ACK

• Options
    I believe England has more boundaries than singles in this match.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Frankly few narrative shows really need more than 3-4 seasons

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    4 seasons of Sabrina seems like enough tbh

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    @Elendil i was watching Maximillian play MonHon all night man that new monster was a bitch but he and his crew got it down like 5 times

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Morning Chatters. I now have four walls and a roof, the electrician got started yesterday, although a repo man showed up 30 minutes in to take his truck, so that was fun. The rough in plumbing starts next week, the well drilling is two weeks out, followed by septic, and then we move in.

Also my dog is 10 years old and has now decided his time to poop is 3:00 AM, like a swiss clock.

Also also, I got a call from my realtor yesterday and a lady walked into her office wanting to sell some land, and the land just happens to be the 14 acres that surrounds my property, so I guess I'm about to have 35 acres now.

:D

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    You can't just drop the whole "and then a repo man showed up to take his truck" bit without elaborating.

• Options
    whats a Kievs

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    You can't just drop the whole "and then a repo man showed up to take his truck" bit without elaborating.

Its the South?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    4 seasons of Sabrina seems like enough tbh

1 and about 3 eps was enough for me

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    whats a Kievs

a breaded chicken breast that can be filled with garlic sauce

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

So the elec. and framers were working, and I stepped away to call my wife and take a break (I've been working with the framers this last week when I can sneak out of work work) and I was like "weird, a truck is pulling in, and the well guy left so I don't know who this is. I'll call you back" and a young dude got out of a flatbed tow truck and was all "I'm here to repo that jeep" so I was like "well this is private property and it's his first day on the job for me so can you get it tomorrow" and he was like "no" and went to get the hooks.

So I said "hey, go talk to him, get the keys, and let him know what's happening, and let him get his tools out" and he did, which the electrician appreciated.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

True, but they really need to be structured for that from the jump.

The entire season-by-season will they or won’t they tv finance bullshit sucks.

Like I think floating a pilot series (and it can be way less than a full season) to see if it sticks, then contract for the entire remaining duration of the narrative.

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

So the elec. and framers were working, and I stepped away to call my wife and take a break (I've been working with the framers this last week when I can sneak out of work work) and I was like "weird, a truck is pulling in, and the well guy left so I don't know who this is. I'll call you back" and a young dude got out of a flatbed tow truck and was all "I'm here to repo that jeep" so I was like "well this is private property and it's his first day on the job for me so can you get it tomorrow" and he was like "no" and went to get the hooks.

So I said "hey, go talk to him, get the keys, and let him know what's happening, and let him get his tools out" and he did, which the electrician appreciated.

Huh.

Would've that there'd be more drama than that.

• Options
    Elldren wrote: »

True, but they really need to be structured for that from the jump.

The entire season-by-season will they or won’t they tv finance bullshit sucks.

Like I think floating a pilot series (and it can be way less than a full season) to see if it sticks, then contract for the entire remaining duration of the narrative.

At this point if you get picked up for a Netflix show have a story you can tell in 3 seasons. If you get longer great.

• Options
    whats a Kievs

a breaded chicken breast that can be filled with garlic sauce

That sounds lovely

• Options

Huh.

Would've that there'd be more drama than that.

Na I mean I'm guessing the electrician knew the score, and they were all on a job site and I'd assume he didn't want to get fired, so I made sure he could still work, and he still worked. I also signed a contract with him saying he doesn't get a dime until the work is finished, just to cover my ass, but honestly I think it was just bad timing and he's a new business.

I've been there and decided to cut him a break. Plus it's electric so he'll be done in like two days and if it passes inspection then I've got no problems cutting a check.

This discussion has been closed.