Options

[Chat]! Ahhhhhh!

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Frankly few narrative shows really need more than 3-4 seasons

True, but they really need to be structured for that from the jump.

The entire season-by-season will they or won’t they tv finance bullshit sucks.

Like I think floating a pilot series (and it can be way less than a full season) to see if it sticks, then contract for the entire remaining duration of the narrative.

At this point if you get picked up for a Netflix show have a story you can tell in 3 seasons. If you get longer great.

No that’s bullshit. If you structure for 3 seasons you won’t have any story for the 4th.

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    In cricket news.

Stokes and Buttler are doing some goddamn heroic stuff right now. This is great. Stokes vs Roach (one of the West Indies bowlers) is great stuff.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    3 cups of tea this morning was 2 cups too many. It a) didn't wake me up as much as coffee and b) now I have to pee every 30 minutes.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular

Like I think floating a pilot series (and it can be way less than a full season) to see if it sticks, then contract for the entire remaining duration of the narrative.

At this point if you get picked up for a Netflix show have a story you can tell in 3 seasons. If you get longer great.

No that’s bullshit. If you structure for 3 seasons you won’t have any story for the 4th.

But you'll have a much better chance of actually telling a complete story. Not every show should run forever

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Also my dog is 10 years old and has now decided his time to poop is 3:00 AM, like a swiss clock.
    Clocks aren't supposed to poop. Shoot that clock, it's a mimic.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Phyphor wrote: »

But you'll have a much better chance of actually telling a complete story. Not every show should run forever

Right I agree with that! The length should be negotiated when the show is picked up, not every year at the last minute

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    The real issue season 3 is about where people start asking for higher pay

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Also my dog is 10 years old and has now decided his time to poop is 3:00 AM, like a swiss clock.
    Clocks aren't supposed to poop. Shoot that clock, it's a mimic.

It's always giving me a shitty time.

• Options

That or the success of the show has caused new offers to appear for other shows/movies.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Elendil i was watching Maximillian play MonHon all night man that new monster was a bitch but he and his crew got it down like 5 times
    it's so fucking broken

damage way overtuned, monster too spammy, DPS check is ridiculous

it's a travesty

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular

The real issue is that shows that last three seasons are worth way more than ones that don’t. The solution is no shows.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Elendil i was watching Maximillian play MonHon all night man that new monster was a bitch but he and his crew got it down like 5 times
    it's so fucking broken

damage way overtuned, monster too spammy, DPS check is ridiculous

it's a travesty

Just wait until they make an Arch-Tempered version.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    aaaaand I just got picked up for three OT shifts this weekend

time and a half + night bonus + weekend bonus

Between this and the medical reimbursement, I might legit pay off 20% of my debt just this week

nooooooice

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

Between this and the medical reimbursement, I might legit pay off 20% of my debt just this week

nooooooice

Go Amy! Hopefully it doesn't burn you out. But I will say, it's felt really good to be paying down my debt in larger and larger chunks lately.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »

nooooooice

Go Amy! Hopefully it doesn't burn you out. But I will say, it's felt really good to be paying down my debt in larger and larger chunks lately.

Yayyy for debt chunks!

I’ll be wary for burnout, but right now it’s just nice to have somewhere to go. The good and bad thing about my job is that I can make more money just by working more.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

nooooooice

Yayyy for debt chunks!

I’ll be wary for burnout, but right now it’s just nice to have somewhere to go. The good and bad thing about my job is that I can make more money just by working more.
    The holy grail is having a job that pays you more for working less. rollsafe.jpg

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

nooooooice

Yayyy for debt chunks!

The holy grail is having a job that pays you more for working less. rollsafe.jpg

I need me that C-level job

• Options
    Congrats on the large amount of monies Amy.

• Options
    Seriously, my uncle has been c-level exec for 20 years. Dude just plays golf and jets around.

• Options

As soon as I get FFS paid for, I can start saving for my air-conditioned compound bungalow with fiber internet service.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Theoretically my job should be aiming at doing less and making the same amount, but my bosses keep adding more and more services to our portfolio.

Luckily today is one that should help - we are gonna start onboarding Confluence!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I don’t even want the job. Just fire me day one. Gimme dat golden parachute. Eight figs with stock.

• Options

As soon as I get FFS paid for, I can start saving for my air-conditioned compound bungalow with fiber internet service.

And then I will move in

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    I don’t even want the job. Just fire me day one. Gimme dat golden parachute. Eight figs with stock.

Hope you have a good lawyer/negotiator for those kinds of terms in your employment contract.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Actually a great theme for a horror level in a game is that you are in a haunted house and instead of being full of ghosts it is just full of mimics.

• Options
    Speaking of Stock, my hippie investing has paid off because a few months ago I picked up a couple hundred shares of plug power (they make hydrogen reactors for wal marts and amazon warehouses) at 3$ a share and it's currently floating around $9 so I've made a few grand off that assuming it doesn't tank before I sell it.

Wife is getting a new piece of gym equipment with the profits.

Also I bought myself a 1911, and because I'm a nerd I picked up a Nathan Drake style shoulder rig for it, which arrived today.

Also Also the plumber just called and is gonna start the septic tank today!

Woo!

• Options
    Winky wrote: »
    Actually a great theme for a horror level in a game is that you are in a haunted house and instead of being full of ghosts it is just full of mimics.

There's an area in FF12 where there was a room with like 8 chests and all 8 of them were mimics.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Basically, the entire game of Prey.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Six wrote: »

The real issue is that shows that last three seasons are worth way more than ones that don’t. The solution is no shows.

People are the real problem

fire all people

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    hello it is a new (?) day

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    hello it is a new (?) day

indeed.

• Options

Get a C level job that go hard alt-right and get the free parachute when you get fired

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    There is a dark souls game where some chests are mimics, and you can trigger them by hitting them without getting caught, BUT if you hit a chest with treasure, you'll damage valuables

Not all of them, but one. Maybe Demon Souls?

I love it

• Options
    I'm so tired. This is my current schedule for about a week straight now

- wake up at 3 to take the old dog out
    - read for about 40 minutes and go back to sleep
    - wake up about 5:30 to take the other old dog out and feed both dogs
    - make breakfast, open work laptop
    - catch up on nights emails, get to-do list for the day
    - do the wapo crossword puzzle
    - read the news (curated from wapo, CNN, fox, msnbc, times, and various sciency stuff)
    - start work day at 7
    - morning meetings and work
    - call the framers about 8:30 or 9 to get an update
    - check the markets when they open, make trades accordingly
    - take a shower
    - work till about 11 or 1 depending on meetings
    - head out to property to help out with framing and yard cleanup for a few hours in the balls hot sun
    - come home and take another shower, eat some food
    - go over the days updates with the wife and see what I screwed up on the design :|
    - plan to fix that tomorrow
    - work till about 6 or 7
    - make some dinner, watch a little burn notice or some youtube
    - play about an hour of Last of Us 2
    - read till about 10:30
    - go to sleep, wake up at 3:00

It's FANTASTIC farm hours training though!

• Options
    There is a dark souls game where some chests are mimics, and you can trigger them by hitting them without getting caught, BUT if you hit a chest with treasure, you'll damage valuables

I love it

but you need to hit twice to break the chest, so as long as you don't go ham on it you're fine (but enemies will destroy them too)

• Options

I love it

but you need to hit twice to break the chest, so as long as you don't go ham on it you're fine (but enemies will destroy them too)

punch yourself in the dick simulator

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited July 2020

I love it

Supposedly you can tell a chest is a mimic by some curvature difference but I could never tell which were thicc mimics

Tumin on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I'm so tired. This is my current schedule for about a week straight now

- wake up at 3 to take the old dog out
    - read for about 40 minutes and go back to sleep
    - wake up about 5:30 to take the other old dog out and feed both dogs
    - make breakfast, open work laptop
    - catch up on nights emails, get to-do list for the day
    - do the wapo crossword puzzle
    - read the news (curated from wapo, CNN, fox, msnbc, times, and various sciency stuff)
    - start work day at 7
    - morning meetings and work
    - call the framers about 8:30 or 9 to get an update
    - check the markets when they open, make trades accordingly
    - take a shower
    - work till about 11 or 1 depending on meetings
    - head out to property to help out with framing and yard cleanup for a few hours in the balls hot sun
    - come home and take another shower, eat some food
    - go over the days updates with the wife and see what I screwed up on the design :|
    - plan to fix that tomorrow
    - work till about 6 or 7
    - make some dinner, watch a little burn notice or some youtube
    - play about an hour of Last of Us 2
    - read till about 10:30
    - go to sleep, wake up at 3:00

It's FANTASTIC farm hours training though!

This is violence against me and my person

• Options

I love it

punch yourself in the dick simulator
    the first chest in 3 is a mimic

the first one

This discussion has been closed.