Options

[Chat]! Ahhhhhh!

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    as a thicc mimic

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    There is a dark souls game where some chests are mimics, and you can trigger them by hitting them without getting caught, BUT if you hit a chest with treasure, you'll damage valuables

Not all of them, but one. Maybe Demon Souls?

I love it

Supposedly you can tell a chest is a mimic by some curvature difference but I could never tell which were thicc mimics

It's which way the chain curls.

Which is great in Oolacile where they have one chest that happens to be on slopes ground so you can't see the chain

Guess what's in the chest?
    You, eventually

• Options
    I can't tell if I'm getting root rot or I'm just paranoid because of the color of the nutrients dying the roots

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    The best way to tell if it's a mimic is to see it's surrounded by blood stains

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    we recently bought a house

I've gotten 3 calls from realtors this morning noting that the house just went off the market, and offering to help us get it sold this time around

someone must've goofed in how they input the sale into some system

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Livingroom.jpg

Mmmm Whatchyou saayyy ayy...

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    That you only meant well, well of course you did

• Options
    The living room is the one with the mimics in it

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

I've gotten 3 calls from realtors this morning noting that the house just went off the market, and offering to help us get it sold this time around

I've been getting calls from various realtors for months since we sold our house, with offers to help us both buy and sell our house we already sold.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Speaking of Stock, my hippie investing has paid off because a few months ago I picked up a couple hundred shares of plug power (they make hydrogen reactors for wal marts and amazon warehouses) at 3$ a share and it's currently floating around $9 so I've made a few grand off that assuming it doesn't tank before I sell it.

Wife is getting a new piece of gym equipment with the profits.

Also I bought myself a 1911, and because I'm a nerd I picked up a Nathan Drake style shoulder rig for it, which arrived today.

Also Also the plumber just called and is gonna start the septic tank today!

Woo!

I don't know if this needs to be said, but sell it. Sell it right now. Don't diamond hands shit in 2020.

I like to ART
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Enjoy enjoy enjoy.

• Options

No, realtors are just very very stupid.

I like to ART
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    hello it is a new (?) day

big if true

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

No, realtors are just very very stupid.

@Preacher can confirm

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Kamiro wrote: »
    as a thicc mimic

so you're saying Chanus is the real treasure?

I mean

was there ever a question

• Options
    The real Chanus is the mimics we found along the way

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Seems an uptick in mimic discussion lately

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Companies doing hydrogen fuel cell shit are getting a little boost from a recent scientific breakthrough: a stable, reusable, non-explosive polymer that can sequester hydrogen at a power-storage density a couple times higher than lithium polymer batteries. It's still in laboratory testing and hasn't been commercialized but it looks very promising and could potentially allow car-sized and larger fuel cells to operate without a giant terrifying high pressure hydrogen tank.

I believe speculation about this breakthrough is mostly driving fuel cell stocks to come back from the dead.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    *Hits a chest with his sword*

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

just what a mimic would want

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

• Options
    Memecs

• Options
    edited July 2020

*Scuttles away*

Winky on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Everyone must enjoy this modern rice.

3bvczcb62qp4.png

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular

Sir this is an Arby's

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »

Sir this is an Arby's

*clutches gaping wound across torso* I'm going to have to ask you to leave.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Yay, TI4 expansion! Make this game HUGE! Like Power Rangers monster huge!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Everyone must enjoy this modern rice
    gj6b671mgfc0.jpeg

• Options
    Companies doing hydrogen fuel cell shit are getting a little boost from a recent scientific breakthrough: a stable, reusable, non-explosive polymer that can sequester hydrogen at a power-storage density a couple times higher than lithium polymer batteries. It's still in laboratory testing and hasn't been commercialized but it looks very promising and could potentially allow car-sized and larger fuel cells to operate without a giant terrifying high pressure hydrogen tank.

I believe speculation about this breakthrough is mostly driving fuel cell stocks to come back from the dead.

This would be pretty big as a stepping stone, and possibly the only way to make air travel long term sustainable.

I like to ART
  • Options
    Sorry Winky I'm not sure what you just posted, my eye is immediately drawn to that lovely avatar at the top of the image.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    This is the part where he kills us

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Mandatory rice enjoyment commences at 1600 hours.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    What will also really help fuel cells catch vs last time we tried them on is continued electrification of cars and wide solar deployment. Suddenly you're not trying to build a whole new car technology stack, you're just replacing the battery. And you're not trying to turn natural gas into power with what is effectively a really expensive generator, you've just got a new power storage device for renewables that's both denser and safer.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

This would be pretty big as a stepping stone, and possibly the only way to make air travel long term sustainable.

i mean you'd think that but hydrogen and air travel don't have a positive history

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Rocco's Modern Rice

• Options
    Ricing will continue until morale improves.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    "Ricing" as a verb means something very different, I think, but I can't remember what.

I guess I'll never know.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    How efficiently can we generate hydrogen?

Like if we put a kWh of electricity into our generator, then put that hydrogen into a cell, and the cell spits out 0.25 kWh before it runs dry then... not great.

(especially since from what I can tell li-ion batteries are about as efficient as you can possibly expect)

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
This discussion has been closed.