edited July 14
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite Review 7:44

edit:
    Dell XPS 15 9500 Review (2020) 15:17

Peas on
    5myiokloks5d.png
  • Descendant XDescendant X Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited July 14
    Do any of you happen to know of some decent replacement ear tips for AirPods Pro? I would like your recommendations.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Posting to clear the thread view thang.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

still needs some work
    but I feel like I'm getting closer to obsolesence

JayKaosBucketman
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    I made a robot to cut my hair with scissors 13:16

5myiokloks5d.png
    BucketmanWeX Majors
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Peas wrote: »

Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    furlionPeasBucketman
    pour one out for my lost QWERTY soldiers

your keyboards are slidin out in heaven now

BucketmanLaOsfurlionSorcePeenHeffling
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    that haircut robot worked reasonably well

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Master Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    I have my old Palm IIIc around here somewhere. It had a cool fold out keyboard. I used that thing back in high school to take notes in class!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork

• EchoEcho Moderator mod
    My dad had one of these.

Yep, same thing John Connor hacks an ATM with in Terminator 2.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_Portfolio

Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
    chr1sh4ll3ttb3Bucketman
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »

Wait that's not Michael Reeves, who's this clown?

camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
    WeX Majors
  • OghulkOghulk Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

Have Republican politicians been attacked? Seems weirdly coincidental that mostly Democrats have been targeted

• timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Master Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    Uh. Apparently no one with a Twitter verified blue check account can tweet right now. This is slightly hilarious. Reporters are using other people's accounts.

furlionBucketman
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Uh. Apparently no one with a Twitter verified blue check account can tweet right now. This is slightly hilarious. Reporters are using other people's accounts.

DisruptedCapitalisttimspork's ghostOghulkShortyJedocfurlionMidniteBucketmanBahamutZEROSorceStiltsDoodmannMortal SkyPeenJoolander
  • milskimilski UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ Registered User regular
    You can't write me off like that! You're just a voice, pal! You don't know a DAMN THING ABOUT RACING!!
    DisruptedCapitalistShortyZxerolfurlionschussBlake TGoose!ToxMidniteBucketmanVeldrinBahamutZEROgodmodeSporkAndrewSorceStiltskimeJoolanderSatanic JesusHeffling
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    This has to be a compromised admin account. My money on the tech bros at Twitter not having a way to track changes made by an admin account. So they can't tell which account is compromised. Or they don't have the ability to override an admin account from a different account.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    pimentoBucketman
  • JedocJedoc Once to start a new life and once just to start a fireRegistered User regular
    Good thing it was a pretty calm weather day over most of the country. Pretty much anyone giving out reliable severe weather info on Twitter is a blue checkmark, including the NWS.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    timspork's ghost
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    This has to be a compromised admin account. My money on the tech bros at Twitter not having a way to track changes made by an admin account. So they can't tell which account is compromised. Or they don't have the ability to override an admin account from a different account.

Either that or they have a special auth service for the blue checks and that was compromised.

furlionBucketman
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Good thing it was a pretty calm weather day over most of the country. Pretty much anyone giving out reliable severe weather info on Twitter is a blue checkmark, including the NWS.

There is a tornado on the ground in Illinois.

I wonder if Trump's twitter account has some additional security on it to make it more difficult to breach.

Because if the hacker did get access to Trump's account, I could see them easily raising money with:

@realdonaldtrump: WE NEED YOUR BITCOINS! ANTIFA AND BLM ARE BRINGING IN 10 MILLION ILLEGAL GANG MEMBERS OVER THE BORDER AT MIDNIGHT TONIGHT. DONATE BTC TO HELP BUILD THE EMERGENCY WALL AND STOP THEM FROM INVADING AMERICA

or possibly just

@realdonaldtrump: I HAVE DECLARED THERMONUCLEAR WAR ON ALL COUNTRIES. NUKES ALREADY IN THE AIR. EVERYONE WHO LAUGHED AT ME AND AMERICA WILL PAY. VERY BIG, VERY GREAT NUKES.

and just wiping our species out in one swoop.

furliontynicBucketmanjkylefulton
  • OghulkOghulk Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    I wonder if Trump's twitter account has some additional security on it to make it more difficult to breach.

Because if the hacker did get access to Trump's account, I could see them easily raising money with:

@realdonaldtrump: WE NEED YOUR BITCOINS! ANTIFA AND BLM ARE BRINGING IN 10 MILLION ILLEGAL GANG MEMBERS OVER THE BORDER AT MIDNIGHT TONIGHT. DONATE BTC TO HELP BUILD THE EMERGENCY WALL AND STOP THEM FROM INVADING AMERICA

or possibly just

@realdonaldtrump: I HAVE DECLARED THERMONUCLEAR WAR ON ALL COUNTRIES. NUKES ALREADY IN THE AIR. EVERYONE WHO LAUGHED AT ME AND AMERICA WILL PAY. VERY BIG, VERY GREAT NUKES.

and just wiping our species out in one swoop.

I mean that's what I'm thinking. Seems really curious that his wasn't overtly hacked and also maybe Twitter should get rid of him for that reason alone

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I am going to awesome that because Twitter is a plague that needs to be cleansed from the earth and if this gets things moving in that direction I am all for it.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    Descendant XBlake T
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Who are the idiots sending out bitcoin to no actually never mind

MidnitepimentoBucketmanDescendant XBahamutZEROPeewiSporkAndrewchr1sh4ll3ttb3EchojkylefultonTynnanhonovereJoolander
    edited July 16
    Probably worth an update, since some people were worried that the hackers had got through MFA - looks like the method was social engineering + Twitter giving their admins a backdoor into accounts, so no actual password hack or authorization bypassing needed. this thread is pretty thorough:

tynic on
    chr1sh4ll3ttb3Brolofurlion
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I don't understand why the admin functions are just...open to the internet or part of the Twitter interface when logged into an admin account or whatever.

bowenNaphtalifurlion
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I don't understand why the admin functions are just...open to the internet or part of the Twitter interface when logged into an admin account or whatever.

Oh that's because it's not like somebody is gonna hack me

obviously.

Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    BucketmanpimentoBahamutZEROGoose!chr1sh4ll3ttb3MidniteSorceBroloNaphtalifurlionjkylefulton
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Well on the plus side, as a cyber security person who is...struggling to get other departments at work to listen to me, this is a great case that will scare people

• pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
  • pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    It’s not really IoT, it has a very limited proximity based comms option.

As hackathon entries go, I’ve seen a lot dumber.

EchoBucketman
  • qwer12qwer12 Registered User regular
    Seems like just another method to collect more in depth data on people, without actually providing it's intended benefit. But I guess that's most IoT stuff

steam_sig.png

PSN: jrrl_absent
  • djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Not sure exactly which thread this belongs in, but it belongs _somewhere_, and it's technology, I guess?

BucketmanBhowchr1sh4ll3ttb3furlionschussSporkAndrewSorcesponoJoolander
  • JedocJedoc Once to start a new life and once just to start a fireRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote:
    Jedoc wrote:
    About a hundred years ago near the end of March, I ordered a replacement bracket for the wrist rest on my keyboard. Since they're a UK company, they gave me the part for free but charged about ten dollars for shipping. Reasonable, and this wobbly wrist rest has been bothering me ever since it broke.

It seems like it should be here by now, but I kind of feel like a dick emailing them about it. "Hey, I ordered a non-essential overseas plastic widget during a global pandemic and it isn't here. Is that...is that because of the global pandemic? I just want to make sure it's because of the global pandemic and not because someone forgot to click a button. Not you, probably. Someone else."

But, you know. I did give them ten bucks.

I suppose it's possible it arrived and someone in this neighborhood is the most disappointed package thief in history.

I emailed them again and it turns out they don't have any tracking information on my bracket, and they're all out of brackets.

So they're going to send me a whole replacement wrist rest.

This is theoretically a good outcome, but I've been hurt before.

Day 108. After waiting a month, I emailed them back to let them know I never received any tracking information. Apparently my order got screwed up again, but they're pretty confident they'll be able to ship it out in a couple of weeks once they finish moving warehouses.

I think we're both just grimly interested in how long we'll keep pretending this is ever going to happen at this point.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    LaOsfurlionSporkAndrew
  • ArchangleArchangle Registered User regular
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCs-N1Eh2Z5/
    Henry Cavill building a gaming rig.

Descendant XbowenBucketmanJoolander
  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    Archangle wrote: »

Knlu7ON.gif

Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
  • ArchangleArchangle Registered User regular
    Archangle wrote: »

Knlu7ON.gif
    You're right, I should have added "#NSFW".

schuss
  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    Geralt of Nvidia.

#stolenjokes

OghulkbowenBucketmanfurlionSorceGoose!PeenJoolanderHeffling