Black Lives Matter Thread 4

12467100

Posts

  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I think it’s cause the Aristocrats hijacked them because they saw great opportunities for grift

  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 10
    Aristocrats have hijacked everything, even the Democrats. The Dems just hide it better because they try to throw the non-aristocrats a bone every now and then.

    When push comes to shove, though, they will defend the aristocracy above all else.

    Undead Scottsman on
    Styrofoam SammichZonugalDouglasDanger3clipseMidnitefacetiousBahamutZEROKristmas KthulhuPolaritieMagellGustavXehalusAistanHacksawTNTrooperBlackDragon480SolarShadowfireDee KaeHenroidShortySkeithOlivawBrainleechSorcenever dieHappy Little MachinepainfulPleasanceWeedLordVegetaDyvim Tvar
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Modern libertarianism has a core tenet an absolutely unfettered market, which is an inherently right-wing idea.

    If we argue that ostensibly anti state capitalists most closely wrap themselves in the term libertarian than sure, but if you're a left winger who wants to get rid of police, views a lot of professional licensing as a way to elbow out poor people, and favors strong universalist civil liberties is libertarian such a wrong description, if we understand it as the opposite end from authoritarianism on a spectrum?

    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I don't think your point is a bad one, but it's prescriptivist in nature, and linguistic prescriptivism will always lose to descriptivism when it comes to how people use words (for better or worse).

    BahamutZEROElvenshaeSpeed RacerStiltsOrcaWeedLordVegeta
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    The most shocking thing to me is how blatently mainstream outlets are ignoring the protests after the initial ones. If it weren't for social media, they would maybe have just dissappeared from public consioucness altogether.

    Saw this last night when i was trying to go to bed and it was pretty great and relevant.



    My take away was those guys were legends and.. riots work.

    I only realized this year that the gold medal winner was holding up his right hand and the bronze medal winner his left hand.

    I saw it thousands of times, but it was only when I learned of the story of the silver medal winner (which sounds similar to how cops are retaliates against when they report bad cops).

    DoodmannDevlin_DragonusSporkAndrew
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    An-Caps are generally either disingenuous fascists or delusional feudalists

    Either way, they're bootlickers

    ThatDudeOverThere3clipsechr1sh4ll3ttb3BahamutZERODouglasDangerKristmas KthulhuHacksawSolarMs DapperShortyOlivawStiltsVegemyteKayne Red RobeHappy Little MachinepainfulPleasanceWeedLordVegeta
  • chr1sh4ll3ttb3chr1sh4ll3ttb3 A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    It kind of bothers me that we let libertarian be defined as a solely right wing thing.

    It's mostly because everyone who self identifies as libertarian is just a Republican that smokes pot

    Don't forget - they also want to fuck underage girls!

    "It's not pedophilia, it's ephebeophilia"

    "please face the wall"

    *bang*

    SolarKayne Red RobeHappy Little MachinepainfulPleasance
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular


    Absolute lmao what a bunch of pants shitting babies

    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    3clipseDoodmannKetBraKristmas KthulhuThatDudeOverThereDevlin_DragonusUbikSpeed RacerMidniteAistanCrippl3ph blakeKadithElvenshaeAlexandierA Dabble Of TheloniusSleepJohnny ChopsockyshoeboxjeddyTicaldfjamZonugalFlarneTNTrooperBlackDragon480SolarDarth WaiterShadowfireFencingsaxMagellEvilCaketynicDee KaeLabelOne Thousand CablesMaddocShortyPwnanObrienSkeithTynnanBlankZoeKetarOlivawZilla360balerbowerMortal SkyToxRoyceSraphimStiltsMoridin889honoveredarunia106sarukunAtari SoulMillSorceVegemyteBlameless ClericSporkAndrewTraceTonkkaHappy Little MachineJaysonFourLadaiRaveYamiB.EtchwartsWeedLordVegeta
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Where's that meme of the little rascal holding a boot to their own head?

    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
    TicaldfjamBlackDragon480tynicBahamutZEROToxsarukunVegemyteWeedLordVegeta
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular


    Absolute lmao what a bunch of pants shitting babies

    These people probably do need ptsd counciling because they are clearly incapable of accepting the world around them which leads to bad habits like hyper-vigilance, paranoia, and seemingly random outbursts of violence while they enact perceived but imagined flight or fight situations.

    The thing is, this is due to their training, not their job or lived experiences.

    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Torchlight | Steam | ART
    Centipede DamascusSpeed Racer3clipseAistanElvenshaeA Dabble Of TheloniusSleepshoeboxjeddyDisruptedCapitalistTNTrooperBlackDragon480ShadowfireFencingsaxEvilCaketynicLabelBahamutZEROMatevMaddocShortyPwnanObrienSkeithTynnanOlivawZilla360balerbowerToxRoyceSraphimMoridin889darunia106sarukunVegemytenever dieKayne Red RobeHappy Little MachineJaysonFourpainfulPleasanceRaveEtchwartsDescendant XWeedLordVegeta
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »


    Absolute lmao what a bunch of pants shitting babies

    These people probably do need ptsd counciling because they are clearly incapable of accepting the world around them which leads to bad habits like hyper-vigilance, paranoia, and seemingly random outbursts of violence while they enact perceived but imagined flight or fight situations.

    The thing is, this is due to their training, not their job or lived experiences.

    Kinda difficult to commit suicide with their last less-lethal rubber bullet unless they are admitting to using lethal ammunition on protesters...IMO such an act would justify an unarmed crowd beating them to death.

    Black lives matter.
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    xu257gunns6e.png

    DoodmannUbikDevlin_DragonusMidnite3clipseMadicanElvenshaeshoeboxjeddyBloodsheedTNTrooperBlackDragon480GR_ZombieFencingsaxtynicMatevShortyPwnanObrienSkeithOlivawToxMoridin889darunia106SorceVegemyteHappy Little MachineJaysonFourpainfulPleasanceRaveWeedLordVegeta
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Saving a bullet, as if they were using bullets at all, and/or had any chance of running out of them if they decided to use them.

    Beef AvengerFencingsaxtynicBahamutZEROShortyPwnanObrienOlivawMoridin889sarukunHappy Little MachinepainfulPleasance
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    One of the replies in that thread suggested that perhaps they were sending those messages so they had evidence that they feared for their life in case they got brought up on brutality charges after the fact

    3clipseCaptain InertiaDouglasDangerMidniteElvenshaeDoodmannAlexandierHacksawshoeboxjeddyPolaritieBeef AvengerBloodsheedTNTrooperBlackDragon480Devlin_DragonusDarth WaiterfacetiousKetBraShadowfireMagellFencingsaxtynicDee KaeLabelBahamutZEROMatevShortyPwnanObrienSkeithTynnanturtleantOlivawZilla360balerbowerMortal SkyToxLord PalingtonStiltsMoridin889darunia106sarukunJust_Bri_ThanksVegemyteSporkAndrewHappy Little MachineJaysonFourpainfulPleasanceRave
  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    One of the replies in that thread suggested that perhaps they were sending those messages so they had evidence that they feared for their life in case they got brought up on brutality charges after the fact

    I think this is far and away the most likely explanation.

    Captain InertiaBreakfastPMDouglasDangerUbikDaypigeonThatDudeOverThereMidniteElvenshaeGONG-00AlexandierA Dabble Of TheloniusSleepshoeboxjeddyPolaritiemrpakuZonugalStyrofoam SammichBloodsheedTNTrooperBlackDragon480webguy20Darth WaiterfacetiousKetBraRanlinShadowfireMagellFencingsaxtynicDee KaeBahamutZEROMatevHenroidShortyPwnanObrienSkeithTynnanturtleantKetarOlivawZilla360balerbowerMortal SkyToxStiltsMoridin889darunia106sarukunJust_Bri_ThanksVegemyteSporkAndrewOrcaHappy Little MachineJaysonFourpainfulPleasanceLadaiRaveJacques L'HommeEtchwartsWeedLordVegeta
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    One of the replies in that thread suggested that perhaps they were sending those messages so they had evidence that they feared for their life in case they got brought up on brutality charges after the fact

    Ok now it makes sense. I forgot to always prioritize calculated malice when it comes to explaining the actions of cops.

    steam_sig.png
    3clipseBlackDragon480BahamutZEROToxOrca
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Maybe the answer is that a slow political process for removal isn't the way we're gonna get rid of the fascist rot in our system. Maybe the ultimate sin of liberalism and why it seemingly always falls to fascism is because it has no answer to the violent threats of fascism and will instead always attempt to appease the fascists as a hold over till they can somehow magically regain control from those fascists they keep handing control to.

    DoodmannDouglasDangerBahamutZERO3clipseOlivawToxHappy Little MachinepainfulPleasance
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    Maybe the answer is that a slow political process for removal isn't the way we're gonna get rid of the fascist rot in our system. Maybe the ultimate sin of liberalism and why it seemingly always falls to fascism is because it has no answer to the violent threats of fascism and will instead always attempt to appease the fascists as a hold over till they can somehow magically regain control from those fascists they keep handing control to.

    This is basically the conclusion reached by one of the Alt Right Playbooks. Liberalism is ill equipped to handle an entire side breaking the rules so they always opt to "lead by example" because they would rather gain the moral victory by sticking to their guns rather than an actual victory by changing and adapting to the threat

    camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
    FlarneThatDudeOverThereDoodmannBlackDragon480facetiousZonugalJragghenMagellMidniteDouglasDangerMatevHacksawburboPwnanObrien3clipseturtleantOlivawMortal SkyToxRoyceSraphimMoridin889SleepVegemyteHappy Little MachinepainfulPleasanceRaveWeedLordVegetaVivixenne
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    Maybe the answer is that a slow political process for removal isn't the way we're gonna get rid of the fascist rot in our system. Maybe the ultimate sin of liberalism and why it seemingly always falls to fascism is because it has no answer to the violent threats of fascism and will instead always attempt to appease the fascists as a hold over till they can somehow magically regain control from those fascists they keep handing control to.

    I think its this combined with a liberal aristocracy that views socialism as a greater personal existential threat than fascism and that theyll operate in their class interest to mitigate harm.

    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    DoodmannBlackDragon480SleepThatDudeOverTherefacetiousKetBraJragghenMagellshoeboxjeddyMidniteDouglasDangerBahamutZEROMatevPwnanObrien3clipseRedTideBloodsheedturtleantHacksawOlivawMeeqeTefdarunia106VegemyteUrsusHappy Little MachinepainfulPleasanceRaveYamiB.WeedLordVegeta
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited July 10
    I think that also we are living in a world of unprecedented nature (economic, technological etc) and that honestly a lot of our political theory has gone out the window

    Why has liberalism failed to prevent the rise of American fascism? Or British isolationism? Or Russian Corporatist Nationalism? I think that's a good question and I don't think it's because it has failed to answer massive inequality or exploitation (though it has). It has failed to answer both for different reasons. Fascism has arisen due to a complex blend of cultural mores, certain media influence... but to understand or explain them requires models that are too complex for us to currently put together, I think. We might have ideas but we have no concrete answers.

    We are heading into what will probably be the most significant century in human history. AI, Climate Change, the absolute explosion of social media transforming how we interact and communicate in a manner that couldn't even be comprehended in the years past, the most unequal global civilisation of all time, and the most interconnected. I think that we are all very much off the map.

    Solar on
    FencingsaxtynicBlackDragon480DisruptedCapitalist3clipseTefZilla360ElvenshaeTynnanJoolandersarukunSorceVegemyteHappy Little Machine
  • chr1sh4ll3ttb3chr1sh4ll3ttb3 A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Much of this social media is moderated by active white supremacists.

    I have reported SO MUCH literal hate speech ("Kill all *ethnicity/religion/sexuality*", "slaughter all women who don't breed", "I wish I could rape *outspoken leftist woman* to death" etc. etc.) that "doesn't break community guidelines" on various social media platforms, but then again I got permabanned from imgur for commenting "ACAB" on a video of cops beating an innocent young woman.

    Most of these websites are owned and operated by fascists. There's no other way to explain the pro-fascist bent in the administration and moderation of the sites.

    LabelSleepDouglasDangerBahamutZEROHenroidPwnanObrienTNTrooper3clipseWeaverHacksawshoeboxjeddyOlivawfacetiousElvenshaeTicaldfjamShadowfireMagellBrainleechbalerbowerMoridin889sarukunFencingsaxProlegomenaSorceVegemyteDee Kaenever dieHappy Little MachineJaysonFourpainfulPleasanceRave
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    randomly got recommended to me on youtube but... is simon lane good, actually?

    AistanZilla360RoyceSraphimTonkkaHappy Little Machine
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    hell yeah simon

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus premium Registered User regular
    edited July 10
    The most shocking thing to me is how blatently mainstream outlets are ignoring the protests after the initial ones. If it weren't for social media, they would maybe have just dissappeared from public consioucness altogether.

    Saw this last night when i was trying to go to bed and it was pretty great and relevant.



    My take away was those guys were legends and.. riots work.

    The silver medalist, Peter Norman from Australia, wore the same Olympic Project for Humans Rights badge and stood in solidarity with them, and more or less sacrificed any chance of his participating in future Olympics because of it.

    There is an Olympic Black Power Statue in Atlanta commemorating the protest, and Norman's place on the pedestal is left empty on his suggestion, to "allow visitors to stand on his spot in solidarity with the civil rights movement for years to come."

    Now that's allyship.

    DarkPrimus on
    dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    SleepBlackDragon480StraightziShortyJragghenMunkus BeaverElvenshaeToxRanlinShadowfire3clipseMagellTNTrooperRoyceSraphimtynicTynnanMidniteLord PalingtonButlerJoolanderMoridin889HacksawsarukunDesert LeviathanDevlin_DragonusSkeithFencingsaxCrippl3ProlegomenaMatevSolarSorceQuantum TigerVegemyteSporkAndrewchr1sh4ll3ttb3never dieCaptain InertiaBloodsheedKayne Red RobeOghulkMarekDark Raven XFishmanHappy Little MachineJaysonFourpainfulPleasanceDoodmannRaveJacques L'HommeWeedLordVegeta
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    trump just commuted stone's sentence

    so now that the rule of law doesn't fucking matter anymore, it'd be a shame if rioters...

    ShadowfireJragghenSleepElvenshaeBlackDragon480BahamutZEROTicaldfjamBeef AvengerTefOlivawTNTrooperMortal SkyPwnanObrienRoyceSraphimtynicTynnanfacetiousMidniteHacksawsarukunDevlin_DragonusSkeithShortyFencingsaxMatevVegemytechr1sh4ll3ttb3DouglasDangernever dieHappy Little MachineJaysonFourpainfulPleasanceRaveJacques L'HommeWeedLordVegeta
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Aristocrats have hijacked everything, even the Democrats. The Dems just hide it better because they try to throw the non-aristocrats a bone every now and then.

    When push comes to shove, though, they will defend the aristocracy above all else.

    In the patriot act where AOC was on about two weeks ago she dances around how the Democrats are spilt sighting how it is the few that are in charge and will do anything to hold onto that power

  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I will never get over just how fucking terrible the cops are at this. “Stop attacking our racism or else we will start firing BIPOC officers!” Are you fucking stupid?

    Quire.jpg
    Mortal SkyOlivawZonugalKristmas Kthulhu3clipseThatDudeOverThereRoyceSraphimturtleantElvenshaeStraightziCentipede DamascusKetarTynnanasofyeunPwnanObrienfacetiousBahamutZEROShadowfireTicaldfjamMidniteStiltsshoeboxjeddyMoridin889darunia106sarukunSkeithKetBraShortyFencingsaxJohnny ChopsockySolarSorceVegemytechr1sh4ll3ttb3Darth WaiterDee KaeDouglasDangernever dieBloodsheedXehalusbalerbowerHappy Little MachineJaysonFourMr FuzzbuttpainfulPleasanceRaveWeedLordVegeta
  • HenroidHenroid Seize the Memes Registered User regular
    I will never get over just how fucking terrible the cops are at this. “Stop attacking our racism or else we will start firing BIPOC officers!” Are you fucking stupid?
    Yes, they are.

    Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
    I stream at night - /henroidt on Twitch
    BlackDragon480ElvenshaeTynnanasofyeun3clipsePoorochondriacBahamutZEROTicaldfjamMidniteKristmas KthulhushoeboxjeddyMoridin889Hacksawdarunia106Devlin_DragonusSkeithBrainleechShortyFencingsaxLaOsSorceVegemytechr1sh4ll3ttb3Darth WaiterDee KaeDouglasDangerXehalusbalerbowerOrcaMortal SkyHappy Little MachineJaysonFourpainfulPleasanceRavePwnanObrienWeedLordVegeta
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I will never get over just how fucking terrible the cops are at this. “Stop attacking our racism or else we will start firing BIPOC officers!” Are you fucking stupid?

    Most likely a union thing. If most of the BIPOC hires are lower overall in seniority or tenure, the union rules would have most of them get the ax first.

    But still pants on head to tweet out like that.

    First they came for the Muslims and we said...NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKERS!
    TicaldfjamRoyceSraphimBeef AvengerMortal Sky
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe Registered User regular
    I would be willing to bet a very large amount of money that whatever data they used to pull together that chart does not support their conclusions.

    Like notice that the reductions seem to be per category, which means if they only had like ten dudes that identified as "mixed race" in the first place but had hundreds of dudes listing themselves as "White" or "White but with a huge chip on my shoulder about it Not Specified" then this actually looks like it would increase the overall diversity of the department.

  • milskimilski UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ Registered User regular
    edited July 11
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    I would be willing to bet a very large amount of money that whatever data they used to pull together that chart does not support their conclusions.

    Like notice that the reductions seem to be per category, which means if they only had like ten dudes that identified as "mixed race" in the first place but had hundreds of dudes listing themselves as "White" or "White but with a huge chip on my shoulder about it Not Specified" then this actually looks like it would increase the overall diversity of the department.

    That isn't how the math would work. Like, do the math on your own scenario. 10 POC, 190 whites. Reduce POC by 90% and whites by 50%, the final ratio is way worse.

    milski on
    You can't write me off like that! You're just a voice, pal! You don't know a DAMN THING ABOUT RACING!!
  • HenroidHenroid Seize the Memes Registered User regular
    I wanted to give Plague Knight a couple of tools in his hands but I suck at image editing these days.

    Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
    I stream at night - /henroidt on Twitch
    SleepRoyceSraphimCaptain InertiaDark Raven X
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    How does 50% funding cut == 50% personnell cut? Why can't it be, say 100% APC maintenance spending, 98% assault weapon spending, 100% tear gas spending, and 25% personnel?

    FencingsaxKayne Red RobeDoodmann
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    why on earth would you want to get rid of your tanks?

  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Because they can't give up their military grade weapons, because (they think) that wouldn't make people as sympathetic as the thought of firing personnel, because they're just fucking lying .. I could go on.

    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

    Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    UbikElvenshaeOlivawAistanBlackDragon480RoyceSraphimshoeboxjeddyRanlinFencingsaxMagellPwnanObrien
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 11
    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    OlivawfacetiousHenroidShadowfireAistanSpeed RacerMidniteBlackDragon480Polaritie3clipseKristmas KthulhuPoorochondriacshoeboxjeddyElvenshaeTicaldfjamJragghenHacksawOdinTynnanDevlin_DragonusSkeithFencingsaxCrippl3LabelMatevSorceVegemyteBlameless ClericSporkAndrewchr1sh4ll3ttb3Darth WaiterThatDudeOverThereturtleantDee Kaenever dieBloodsheedMagellNothingXehalusDarkPrimusTonkkaDark Raven XHappy Little MachineGONG-00JaysonFourpainfulPleasanceRavePwnanObrienEtchwartssponoDescendant XWeedLordVegeta
  • HenroidHenroid Seize the Memes Registered User regular
    edited July 11
    Holy shit the dude that comes out and crosses his arms is some big mood energy.

    Henroid on
    Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
    I stream at night - /henroidt on Twitch
    TicaldfjamSleepBloodsheedTonkkaDark Raven X
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    They snuck in there with that 100 stealth rating, dude didn't even know they were there. Amazing.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Henroidfacetious3clipsePolaritieToxKristmas KthulhuPoorochondriacElvenshaeEtiowsaMoridin889TicaldfjamRanlindarunia106JragghensarukunHacksawSleepTynnanDevlin_DragonusSkeithShortyFencingsaxLabelVegemytechr1sh4ll3ttb3Darth WaiterThatDudeOverThereturtleantMunkus BeaverDee KaeBloodsheedMagellNothingKayne Red RobeTonkkaOghulkHappy Little MachineJaysonFourpainfulPleasanceJacques L'HommePwnanObrienWeedLordVegeta
This discussion has been closed.