As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Finale] The Legend of the Galactic [Phalla]

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Denying you're suspicious? How suspicious!

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Trying to keep track of votes and updating so people know:

SegaTai- Bluecyan
    JPants- Mamawolf, Justiceforpluto
    ZombieHero- AustinP0027, Auralynx, 38thDoe, Obifett
    Premium- Heffling, Mamawolf, Locus, Bluecyan, ZombieHero
    Cythraul- Lucedes
    Mamawolf- Premium, Cythraul, mrpaku, Romanqwerty,

MamaWolf on
    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    More serious answer, @MamaWolf.
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    JPants wrote: »
    Gizzy is too much fun to have in games to be Day1'd. I think ]Mamawolf [/color]has a few votes as well?

Uh-oh looks like I better count votes and see who to vote for for self-preservation I guess
    Don't take this as me giving up y'all!! I'm just saying if you got a grudge you vote! For reasons of my own I will not vote for Gizzy, but instead romanqwerty

Can't speak for anyone else, but these two posts stuck out to me. First one you talk about who to vote for to potentially save yourself. The obvious answer at the time was Gizzy, yet you voted for romanqwerty. Gizzy turned out to be mafia, so what would have otherwise been a mostly innocuous choice ends up being fishy. (Yes, I realize a bunch of things happened between those two posts.)

• Options
    Locus wrote: »
    More serious answer, @MamaWolf.
    JPants wrote: »
    Gizzy is too much fun to have in games to be Day1'd. I think ]Mamawolf [/color]has a few votes as well?

Uh-oh looks like I better count votes and see who to vote for for self-preservation I guess
    Don't take this as me giving up y'all!! I'm just saying if you got a grudge you vote! For reasons of my own I will not vote for Gizzy, but instead romanqwerty

Can't speak for anyone else, but these two posts stuck out to me. First one you talk about who to vote for to potentially save yourself. The obvious answer at the time was Gizzy, yet you voted for romanqwerty. Gizzy turned out to be mafia, so what would have otherwise been a mostly innocuous choice ends up being fishy. (Yes, I realize a bunch of things happened between those two posts.)

So I was being sarcastic because in the first vote.

Second post I already shared why I didn't vote Gizzy.

What happened between those posts matter also matters.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I'll go with the Premium vote. It's day two, not like we have much else to go on besides vague hunches.

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    You would say that, you Burnage, you.

• Options
    Update:
    SegaTai- Bluecyan
    ZombieHero- AustinP0027, Auralynx, 38thDoe, Obifett
    Premium- Heffling, Mamawolf, Locus, Bluecyan, ZombieHero, Burnage
    Cythraul- Lucedes
    Mamawolf- Premium, Cythraul, mrpaku, Romanqwerty,

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    We don't have anything to go on but the Premium wagon right now, so I guess let's try and swing it out of the way of shenanigans territory.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Choo choo !premium again? I seem to be making voting for you a Day 2 staple, apologies.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Just wanna point out that the entire vote on me started when heffling put the wrong name on his vote and mamawolf got salty that I was voting for her.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Yea this train doesn't really feel like it's going anywhere - but catching up on the entire day I don't really have much to contribute myself

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    going Mamawolf for now; solely because Roman put a vote there and a Red died instead of his day 1

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    ZombieHero

I'm a man who keeps his word, and I find Zombie Hero more suspect than premium at this current point in time (yes, I know what I said today...new information ECT ECT)

• Options
    premium wrote: »
    Just wanna point out that the entire vote on me started when heffling put the wrong name on his vote and mamawolf got salty that I was voting for her.

Saltiness doesn't take away from facts

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    premium wrote: »

Saltiness doesn't take away from facts

What facts are relevant here?

I'm trying to figure out how to choose someone to vote for after my early grudge vote yesterday. It currently seems weird that we had a close vote yesterday that offed a Mafia. Someone else said this in thread, but one possible explanation for that is that the mafia weren't around near vote close to try to get something else going. Another possible explanation is that they just gave up on Gizzy at some point yesterday. I think the 'giving-up' explanation is possible, as any attempt to save Gizzy would certainly leave tracks, but I've seen mafia saved on day 1 both to good and ill effect, so it would be a little surprising to me if that's what happened.

Relevant: premium was around active right at vote close. He has a short back and forth with nobody in particular trying to figure out who to vote for to, then once Austin puts some daylight between Gizzy and roman, he votes for Gizzy.

This would be weirder to me except that the host warned premium, Locus, ZH, and Aura about not having voted yet, so that was premium sneaking in his vote for the day, instead of changing his vote.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Another update:

SegaTai- Bluecyan
    ZombieHero- AustinP0027, Auralynx, 38thDoe, Obifett, mrpaku
    Premium- Heffling, Mamawolf, Locus, Bluecyan, ZombieHero, Burnage, wildcat
    Cythraul- Lucedes
    Mamawolf- Premium, Cythraul, mrpaku, Romanqwerty, SegaTai

• Options
    hey, @MamaWolf what did you mean about not taking away from facts with respect to voting for premium?

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Gonna push Zombie Hero for failure to commit at a critical juncture last night.

• Options
    ohp, i'm wrong, premium did have a vote in before his last-minute vote on Gizzy, but it was just a day1 throwaway on Aura. It seems super weird for a mafia to change his vote last second onto the winning wagon. I'm not seeing much to advocate for voting premium here.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Gonna push Zombie Hero for failure to commit at a critical juncture last night.

Do you just mean he didn't vote for either of the big wagons when he made a vote 90 minutes before close of vote, or do you mean something more?

• Options
    Invictus wrote: »
    hey, @MamaWolf what did you mean about not taking away from facts with respect to voting for premium?

The fact that other people found it weird for such a quick change in voting last night. If I was just being salty other people would call it out and say they didn't find premium suspicious changing to Gizzy last second.

Other than the "oops" that heffling made, there are at least 5 other people who agree. There has to be some merit or else people are just following blindly. I mean there are posts that mention the suspicion of premium. Vote records are facts as well(yes I know day 1 vote records don't exist) but when I don't turn up mafia you all will see.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Both wagons are dumb. MamaWolf slightly less so. Placeholder just in case I don't get a chance in the next hour

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    ohp, i'm wrong, premium did have a vote in before his last-minute vote on Gizzy, but it was just a day1 throwaway on Aura. It seems super weird for a mafia to change his vote last second onto the winning wagon. I'm not seeing much to advocate for voting premium here.

And yes this as well.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    ZombieHero

• Options

And yes this as well.

I'm saying premium isn't a mafia. a mafia has no reason to change his vote last minute onto the winning wagon. That looks crazy insanely suspicious and is just gonna draw heat on himself, and premium is a better player than that. If he's mafia, he just leaves his random vote on Auralynx there and nobody bats an eye.

• Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    going Mamawolf for now; solely because Roman put a vote there and a Red died instead of his day 1

I can't parse the last half of this sentence, Sega. can you be clearer?

• Options
    7---ZombieHero- AustinP0027, Auralynx, 38thDoe, Obifett, mrpaku, jdarksun, Justiceforpluto
    7----Premium- Heffling, Mamawolf, Locus, Bluecyan, ZombieHero, Burnage, wildcat

5----Mamawolf- Premium, Cythraul, mrpaku, Romanqwerty, SegaTai, Kime

SegaTai- Bluecyan
    Cythraul- Lucedes

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Sorry let me be more clear
    ohp, i'm wrong,, premium did have a vote in before his last-minute vote on Gizzy

Was what I was agreeing with

MamaWolf on
  • Options
    Roman is voting for mamawolf and roman was the other likely vote target day 1; gizzy dies red day 1; so if red is a true mafia I doubt they were both mafia

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    edited July 2020

And yes this as well.

I'm saying premium isn't a mafia. a mafia has no reason to change his vote last minute onto the winning wagon. That looks crazy insanely suspicious and is just gonna draw heat on himself, and premium is a better player than that. If he's mafia, he just leaves his random vote on Auralynx there and nobody bats an eye.

Also even if he may not be mafia, rules say only one faction shall win. So, only way to find out is by voting people off. Unless people want to just message me their faction. That works too!

MamaWolf on
  • Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Roman is voting for mamawolf and roman was the other likely vote target day 1; gizzy dies red day 1; so if red is a true mafia I doubt they were both mafia

Sorry, I'm still having trouble. Here's one possible explanation for the stuff that happened yesterday: #2 on the vote list yesterday was also mafia, so the mafia didn't have a good alternative to swap to in order to save Gizzy; all they would do is sacrifice one mafia instead of another. So Roman + Gizzy both being mafia strikes me as a legit possibility.

I'm not sure how to understand what you're saying about Roman's vote or the significance of Roman being the other wagon day 1.

• Options

And yes this as well.

Also even if he may not be mafia, rules say only one faction shall win. So, only way to find out is by voting people off. Unless people want to just message me their faction. That works too!

This is super weird. I'm not advocating for not voting people off at all; I'm saying I don't see a good argument for premium being mafia and I actually find it very unlikely a mafia would do what premium did day 1, so I hope people don't vote for premium.

I know only one faction wins, but the mafia are presumably more powerful individually than Empire/Republican members--for example, presumably the mafia have a kill every night and maybe the faction kills alternate nights? or whatever.

If we try to play faction games early on, that's a one-way ticket to a Mafia victory, as our major advantage over them is numbers. So I think it's unhelpful to say, eh, it's a faction game, we shouldn't prioritize hunting mafia.

• Options
    I mostly just don't wanna vote off premium, as he's the good strong read I have so far, and I think he's clean.
    so I vote Zombie Hero as the most likely way to save premium.

If other people have good targets for voting instead, I would love to vote for them instead if there's time.

• Options
    I missed the reasoning for ZH

Steam profile
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    I don’t think it’s premium.

Zombie hero

• Options
    Lucedes wrote: »
    I don’t think it’s premium.

Zombie hero

Is that the full reasoning?

Steam profile
  • Options

And yes this as well.

This is super weird. I'm not advocating for not voting people off at all; I'm saying I don't see a good argument for premium being mafia and I actually find it very unlikely a mafia would do what premium did day 1, so I hope people don't vote for premium.

I know only one faction wins, but the mafia are presumably more powerful individually than Empire/Republican members--for example, presumably the mafia have a kill every night and maybe the faction kills alternate nights? or whatever.

If we try to play faction games early on, that's a one-way ticket to a Mafia victory, as our major advantage over them is numbers. So I think it's unhelpful to say, eh, it's a faction game, we shouldn't prioritize hunting mafia.

I mean I don't really know how factions really works. I agree to focus on Mafia, but I believe premium is suspicious and mafia. You don't have to agree with me, just my opinion.

• Options
    edited July 2020

9----ZombieHero- AustinP0027, Auralynx, 38thDoe, Obifett, mrpaku, jdarksun, Justiceforpluto, Invictus, Lucedes

7---Premium- Heffling, Mamawolf, Locus, Bluecyan, ZombieHero, Burnage, wildcat

5---Mamawolf- Premium, Cythraul, mrpaku, Romanqwerty, SegaTai, Kime

SegaTai- Bluecyan
    Cythraul- Lucedes

MamaWolf on
  • Options
    Got quiet, so let's have some discussion here.

I'd like to know what Zombie Hero was doing yesterday.

4-4 tie between Gizzy and Roman, and he drops a vote on premium with a little under 2 hours left in the day.

This is the other argument I see for ZH. I'm not sure how much weight to put on it.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Obvious Mafia ping callout. I think there are like < 20 minutes to vote close.

@JayKaos
    @LostNinja
    @JPants
    @JaysonFour