As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Finale] The Legend of the Galactic [Phalla]

1679111215

Posts

  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Austin! I feel like I've been making an effort over here, lots of much quieter people around like Wildcat that could be looked at that aren't contributing much. I do like that you're trying to suss out the active hiders though, kind of like....

    kime! Give me your analysis!

    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I don't think premium reaching out is weird, but everything else you just said makes sense and is completely reasonable. But IMO the backbone of this particular game is gonna end up being in the soft networking, which isn't everyone's *cough* pointing at self *cough* particular cup of tea

    Edit- @Heffling

    mrpaku on
    JayKaosHeffling
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    You did! And your argument seems to boil down to "There's no way Premium would have changed their vote to Gizzy at the last moment, because that's too suspicious" which rather ignores the fact that people do make mistakes. Although as a very casual player of these games, I suspect there are certain conventions in how things are done that are intended to signal to others that "Hey, I'm a villager!" and I just may not know how to read these. But then my paranoia kicks in and I think "A mafia could do that too!".

    Premium also reached out to me after lunch today asking to share knowledge of our factions. Which, considering I've been pushing to kill him for two days, seems like an unusual move.

    No people just have weird superstitions that they repeat enough until they believe them.

    mrpakukimeJPantsLucedesWildcat
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Can anyone do one of those colored vote history things?

  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    .
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Heffling wrote: »
    You did! And your argument seems to boil down to "There's no way Premium would have changed their vote to Gizzy at the last moment, because that's too suspicious" which rather ignores the fact that people do make mistakes. Although as a very casual player of these games, I suspect there are certain conventions in how things are done that are intended to signal to others that "Hey, I'm a villager!" and I just may not know how to read these. But then my paranoia kicks in and I think "A mafia could do that too!".

    Premium also reached out to me after lunch today asking to share knowledge of our factions. Which, considering I've been pushing to kill him for two days, seems like an unusual move.

    No people just have weird superstitions that they repeat enough until they believe them.

    Not all heuristics are created equal, and none will be 100% accurate. Doesn't mean they're useless (not that you said they were). Most of them are definitely over used (or over-referenced).

  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Cythraul can surely do better to answer our suspicions than merely to point at Wildcat.

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    .
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Heffling wrote: »
    You did! And your argument seems to boil down to "There's no way Premium would have changed their vote to Gizzy at the last moment, because that's too suspicious" which rather ignores the fact that people do make mistakes. Although as a very casual player of these games, I suspect there are certain conventions in how things are done that are intended to signal to others that "Hey, I'm a villager!" and I just may not know how to read these. But then my paranoia kicks in and I think "A mafia could do that too!".

    Premium also reached out to me after lunch today asking to share knowledge of our factions. Which, considering I've been pushing to kill him for two days, seems like an unusual move.

    No people just have weird superstitions that they repeat enough until they believe them.

    Not all heuristics are created equal, and none will be 100% accurate. Doesn't mean they're useless (not that you said they were). Most of them are definitely over used (or over-referenced).

    Personally, I think people put a little too much stock in the "tie". Not that there can't be useful information from looking at it, but the unsaid mandate "Thou shalt not make a tie near vote close" creates some odd dynamics like run away band wagons.

    The superstition that needs to die in a fire (IMO) is "reserves are always mafia", cause that's only going to make people not want to sign up as a reserve. There may be some truth to it, but I'd much rather give a reservist the benefit of the doubt if it would encourage people to sign up.

    Wildcat
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    JPants wrote: »
    .
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Heffling wrote: »
    You did! And your argument seems to boil down to "There's no way Premium would have changed their vote to Gizzy at the last moment, because that's too suspicious" which rather ignores the fact that people do make mistakes. Although as a very casual player of these games, I suspect there are certain conventions in how things are done that are intended to signal to others that "Hey, I'm a villager!" and I just may not know how to read these. But then my paranoia kicks in and I think "A mafia could do that too!".

    Premium also reached out to me after lunch today asking to share knowledge of our factions. Which, considering I've been pushing to kill him for two days, seems like an unusual move.

    No people just have weird superstitions that they repeat enough until they believe them.

    Not all heuristics are created equal, and none will be 100% accurate. Doesn't mean they're useless (not that you said they were). Most of them are definitely over used (or over-referenced).

    Personally, I think people put a little too much stock in the "tie". Not that there can't be useful information from looking at it, but the unsaid mandate "Thou shalt not make a tie near vote close" creates some odd dynamics like run away band wagons.

    The superstition that needs to die in a fire (IMO) is "reserves are always mafia", cause that's only going to make people not want to sign up as a reserve. There may be some truth to it, but I'd much rather give a reservist the benefit of the doubt if it would encourage people to sign up.

    I can't tell if your criticizing people that set up ties, or that avoid them. Personally when it comes to ties, there is no steadfast rule and context is king (time of day, what day of the game, how many people left to vote, etc).

  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Cythraul can surely do better to answer our suspicions than merely to point at Wildcat.

    Yeah, but I'm totally mafia didn't you know?

  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    JPants wrote: »
    .
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Heffling wrote: »
    You did! And your argument seems to boil down to "There's no way Premium would have changed their vote to Gizzy at the last moment, because that's too suspicious" which rather ignores the fact that people do make mistakes. Although as a very casual player of these games, I suspect there are certain conventions in how things are done that are intended to signal to others that "Hey, I'm a villager!" and I just may not know how to read these. But then my paranoia kicks in and I think "A mafia could do that too!".

    Premium also reached out to me after lunch today asking to share knowledge of our factions. Which, considering I've been pushing to kill him for two days, seems like an unusual move.

    No people just have weird superstitions that they repeat enough until they believe them.

    Not all heuristics are created equal, and none will be 100% accurate. Doesn't mean they're useless (not that you said they were). Most of them are definitely over used (or over-referenced).

    The superstition that needs to die in a fire (IMO) is "reserves are always mafia", cause that's only going to make people not want to sign up as a reserve. There may be some truth to it, but I'd much rather give a reservist the benefit of the doubt if it would encourage people to sign up.

    I agree with this part. Though I do think if you were already suspicious of who the reserve is filling in for, then it's still fair game.

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    Wildcatkimemrpaku38thDoe
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I like creating ties when its clear we are still fishing for mafia.

    So always.

    Lucedes

    JPantsmrpaku
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    As for this game in itself. I know there is a lot of networking that has to happen because trying to find out factions, but looking at quite people may be valid.

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Hmm. Don't want to risk missing another day but I'm not seeing anything suspicious enough from the last couple days so placeholder vote on ObiFett.

    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    JPants wrote: »
    .
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Heffling wrote: »
    You did! And your argument seems to boil down to "There's no way Premium would have changed their vote to Gizzy at the last moment, because that's too suspicious" which rather ignores the fact that people do make mistakes. Although as a very casual player of these games, I suspect there are certain conventions in how things are done that are intended to signal to others that "Hey, I'm a villager!" and I just may not know how to read these. But then my paranoia kicks in and I think "A mafia could do that too!".

    Premium also reached out to me after lunch today asking to share knowledge of our factions. Which, considering I've been pushing to kill him for two days, seems like an unusual move.

    No people just have weird superstitions that they repeat enough until they believe them.

    Not all heuristics are created equal, and none will be 100% accurate. Doesn't mean they're useless (not that you said they were). Most of them are definitely over used (or over-referenced).

    The superstition that needs to die in a fire (IMO) is "reserves are always mafia", cause that's only going to make people not want to sign up as a reserve. There may be some truth to it, but I'd much rather give a reservist the benefit of the doubt if it would encourage people to sign up.

    I agree with this part. Though I do think if you were already suspicious of who the reserve is filling in for, then it's still fair game.

    The problem is those folks are usually suspicious for "low activity" (which is what is getting them replaced). So then if you excuse that when thinking about the replacement, and start fresh, well it takes a couple days to get a fresh read on someone and by then you're day 5 and if that person was a mafia the village is way behind on hunting them. Even worse if they're the last mafia as you've been knocking off villagers while "giving them a pass".

    it's kind of a Catch 22 situation. Or maybe not, I could be using that wrong.

    JPants on
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    JPants wrote: »
    .
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Heffling wrote: »
    You did! And your argument seems to boil down to "There's no way Premium would have changed their vote to Gizzy at the last moment, because that's too suspicious" which rather ignores the fact that people do make mistakes. Although as a very casual player of these games, I suspect there are certain conventions in how things are done that are intended to signal to others that "Hey, I'm a villager!" and I just may not know how to read these. But then my paranoia kicks in and I think "A mafia could do that too!".

    Premium also reached out to me after lunch today asking to share knowledge of our factions. Which, considering I've been pushing to kill him for two days, seems like an unusual move.

    No people just have weird superstitions that they repeat enough until they believe them.

    Not all heuristics are created equal, and none will be 100% accurate. Doesn't mean they're useless (not that you said they were). Most of them are definitely over used (or over-referenced).

    The superstition that needs to die in a fire (IMO) is "reserves are always mafia", cause that's only going to make people not want to sign up as a reserve. There may be some truth to it, but I'd much rather give a reservist the benefit of the doubt if it would encourage people to sign up.

    I agree with this part. Though I do think if you were already suspicious of who the reserve is filling in for, then it's still fair game.

    Well that's just not fair to whoever has to take over for Green. Husband bias shouldn't transmute to the reserver.

    MamaWolfmrpakuH3Knuckles
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    JPants wrote: »
    .
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Heffling wrote: »
    You did! And your argument seems to boil down to "There's no way Premium would have changed their vote to Gizzy at the last moment, because that's too suspicious" which rather ignores the fact that people do make mistakes. Although as a very casual player of these games, I suspect there are certain conventions in how things are done that are intended to signal to others that "Hey, I'm a villager!" and I just may not know how to read these. But then my paranoia kicks in and I think "A mafia could do that too!".

    Premium also reached out to me after lunch today asking to share knowledge of our factions. Which, considering I've been pushing to kill him for two days, seems like an unusual move.

    No people just have weird superstitions that they repeat enough until they believe them.

    Not all heuristics are created equal, and none will be 100% accurate. Doesn't mean they're useless (not that you said they were). Most of them are definitely over used (or over-referenced).

    Personally, I think people put a little too much stock in the "tie". Not that there can't be useful information from looking at it, but the unsaid mandate "Thou shalt not make a tie near vote close" creates some odd dynamics like run away band wagons.

    The superstition that needs to die in a fire (IMO) is "reserves are always mafia", cause that's only going to make people not want to sign up as a reserve. There may be some truth to it, but I'd much rather give a reservist the benefit of the doubt if it would encourage people to sign up.

    It's not really a universally strong mandate. I personally am super against ties, though. I think they are baaaaad.

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    JPants wrote: »
    .
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Heffling wrote: »
    You did! And your argument seems to boil down to "There's no way Premium would have changed their vote to Gizzy at the last moment, because that's too suspicious" which rather ignores the fact that people do make mistakes. Although as a very casual player of these games, I suspect there are certain conventions in how things are done that are intended to signal to others that "Hey, I'm a villager!" and I just may not know how to read these. But then my paranoia kicks in and I think "A mafia could do that too!".

    Premium also reached out to me after lunch today asking to share knowledge of our factions. Which, considering I've been pushing to kill him for two days, seems like an unusual move.

    No people just have weird superstitions that they repeat enough until they believe them.

    Not all heuristics are created equal, and none will be 100% accurate. Doesn't mean they're useless (not that you said they were). Most of them are definitely over used (or over-referenced).

    The superstition that needs to die in a fire (IMO) is "reserves are always mafia", cause that's only going to make people not want to sign up as a reserve. There may be some truth to it, but I'd much rather give a reservist the benefit of the doubt if it would encourage people to sign up.

    I agree with this part. Though I do think if you were already suspicious of who the reserve is filling in for, then it's still fair game.

    Well that's just not fair to whoever has to take over for Green. Husband bias shouldn't transmute to the reserver.

    This is a fair point to which I will be more aware of in future games.

    MamaWolf on
    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    JPants wrote: »
    .
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Heffling wrote: »
    You did! And your argument seems to boil down to "There's no way Premium would have changed their vote to Gizzy at the last moment, because that's too suspicious" which rather ignores the fact that people do make mistakes. Although as a very casual player of these games, I suspect there are certain conventions in how things are done that are intended to signal to others that "Hey, I'm a villager!" and I just may not know how to read these. But then my paranoia kicks in and I think "A mafia could do that too!".

    Premium also reached out to me after lunch today asking to share knowledge of our factions. Which, considering I've been pushing to kill him for two days, seems like an unusual move.

    No people just have weird superstitions that they repeat enough until they believe them.

    Not all heuristics are created equal, and none will be 100% accurate. Doesn't mean they're useless (not that you said they were). Most of them are definitely over used (or over-referenced).

    The superstition that needs to die in a fire (IMO) is "reserves are always mafia", cause that's only going to make people not want to sign up as a reserve. There may be some truth to it, but I'd much rather give a reservist the benefit of the doubt if it would encourage people to sign up.

    I agree with this part. Though I do think if you were already suspicious of who the reserve is filling in for, then it's still fair game.

    Well that's just not fair to whoever has to take over for Green. Husband bias shouldn't transmute to the reserver.

    Eh, i feel like that's part of the replacement bag: People's reads on the original don't change your role when you take over, they can still be valid.

  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Hmm. Don't want to risk missing another day but I'm not seeing anything suspicious enough from the last couple days so placeholder vote on ObiFett.

    This is super suspicious to me.

  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    So the vote doesn't get away from me I'm gonna vote Cythraul

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Cythraul can surely do better to answer our suspicions than merely to point at Wildcat.

    So far there's been nothing levied against me besides "I think he's suspicious." So let's start raising some suspicions.

    Wildcat - Only a few posts, nothing about the game really.
    kime - Making vague finger-pointing while not pressing the issue. Seems very mafia-kime, deflecting while looking like he's helping but not committing, plus placeholder vote then sticks around til vote close? Eeeeehhhhh
    Obifett - Votes discrider after he dies. Messes up his followup vote on Austin, so instead votes ZH. Not entirely sure what to make of it but it feels off, and I'm slightly surprised nobody else seems to be caring.
    Burnage - Suuuuper quiet. I know we don't have a lot to go on yet but still.

    Gonna keep looking, but really I feel like the votes on me today are as little lazy.

    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Like I said, I'm busy. I'll put my vote on whichever analysis seems best to me, but I don't have the time to go too deeply myself. Tis sad times :(

    You know this already!

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    You said you'd have analysis! I see nothing!

    Or you could like MY analysis and vote yourself! :D

    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I skeptically said I may have time this evening. I... probably won't. Currently working and being an airplane and posting here...

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Cythraul

  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    ^

    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Also not to beat a dead horse but yesterday you were part of a wagon, or would've been the start, based on "light suspicion"
    Cythraul wrote: »
    My vote is based on light suspicion. It's day 2, gotta vote someone and at the time there were no other votes on her so I wanted to see if anyone else agreed. Sadly bbcode sucks to type on phone so my vote was 2nd because my post took too long to type :P

    Unfortunately because we're are not very chatty on thread, (most likely because we are paranoid due to unknown faction stuff) there's not a lot of analysis going on. Mainly cause real life gets in the way and paranoia gets the better of everyone. So, people may not want to analyze in public to avoid helping people.

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    I am saying nothing, so nothing can be used against me!

  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    In fairness, I think I was the one who first threw that light suspicion on you, if anyone should be suspect 'cause of that it's me.

    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Cythraul
    This is a bad post

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    CythraulJPants
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Cythraul
    This is a bad post

    In fact, JusticeforPluto

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Agreed
    JusticeforPluto

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    While I agree the post was bad, JFP was the vote that tied Gizzy up day 1.

    He’s in a good place on the mafia killing vote.

  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Uh, I was voting for Cythrual because I liked the logic better than voting for you kime. And when two trains have formed, I'm going to back one as then we at least have something to talk about.

    BUT!
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Hmm. Don't want to risk missing another day but I'm not seeing anything suspicious enough from the last couple days so placeholder vote on ObiFett.

    Ill change my vote to JayKaos for walking into the middle of all this and refusing to put a foot in the game. No one else thinks that's suspicious?

  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    While I agree the post was bad, JFP was the vote that tied Gizzy up day 1.

    He’s in a good place on the mafia killing vote.

    Well balls that's a good point. J4P

  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Not necessarily, if JK isn't up to speed on the day yet, @JusticeforPluto .

  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Can anyone do one of those colored vote history things?
    Which ones? The spreadsheets (no time data) like I typically make, or the ones where it's like "player: vote (vote #)"?

  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Wildcat wrote: »
    I am saying nothing, so nothing can be used against me!

    [color=reedWildcat[/colour. The reason: Nothing!

    But in seriousness, I'm going back to my vote from yesterday, still think Lucedes is flying low ,but at least is present.

    SegaTai D1 was on the Roman wagon so wouldn't have been able to do more to help Gizzy day one (especially now that we know Roman was village)
    D2 Sat early on the mamawolf vote and didn't budge for some... interesting initial rationale (especially since Roman's villageness was unknown then)
    D3 Has been mute
    The whole game they have been very quiet.

  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    What is the gameplan over the weekend?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    What is the gameplan over the weekend?

    Most likely extended, unless the group prefers otherwise.

    cj_iwakura.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.