Star Trek: Lower Decks trailer is out

18911131418

Posts

  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Riker's beard vs. Sisko's beard is an interesting question, though...

    I'd have to say Sisko wins just based on sheer presence. Then again, part of the change for Sisko was the shaved head... Would the beard have worked as well if he kept the same hair? I feel like the answer is clearly no:
    SCD3fGu.jpg

    MancingtomCambiataStrikorGiantGeek2020Richyshrykeoverride367NightslyrJandaruRingo
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    A little context, perhaps, for those who weren't around at the time:

    Avery Brooks' most notable role, just before DS9, was Hawk in "Spenser for Hire", who had basically the same look he ended up with. The studio wanted him to change it, to make a clean break/draw a line between that and Sisko. He went along with it for a few seasons before they relented/everyone was like "yeah, go with the other look, it's much better for you."

    steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
    hlprmnkyBloodySlothCambiataJacobkoshDonnictonStrikorGiantGeek2020MsAnthropyRichyshrykeoverride367NightslyrH3KnuckleswanderingMatev
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Riker's beard vs. Sisko's beard is an interesting question, though...

    I'd have to say Sisko wins just based on sheer presence. Then again, part of the change for Sisko was the shaved head... Would the beard have worked as well if he kept the same hair? I feel like the answer is clearly no:
    SCD3fGu.jpg

    He does actually have the beard + hair when he first grows it out, although he trims the hair back a bit (it's not a full shave, though). It looks fine.

    I wouldn't presume to choose between Sisko's beard and Riker's beard. They both have weird totemic power as turning points for the respective characters/shows.

    It is kind of funny how true the old adage is, though: in Hollywood, if you want to show character growth for a dude, you grow his hair out. For a lady, you cut it off.

    rRwz9.gif
    MancingtomCommander ZoomMsAnthropyNightslyrCambiataH3KnuckleswanderingShadowenSolaroverride367Ringo
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Also, v important news:
    Denada wrote: »
    For anyone that didn't snag it in previous bundles, now Humble Bundle has a Star Trek Adventures bundle up. The universe is trying to tell you something.

    Seriously, it's a great game and a great deal, for a great cause (the NAACP Legal Defense Fund). You can't go wrong with this one.

    rRwz9.gif
    AuralynxMsAnthropyHahnsoo1MatevRingo
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Out of all the new Trek shows I have to say Lower Decks is looking the best to me. If only because I'm a sucker for the TNG era aesthetic. I hope all the comedy isn't of the manic "it's funny because someone is saying/doing silly stuff rapidly" variety, though.

    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    Dark_SideJacobkoshJandaruRingo
  • MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    Out of all the new Trek shows I have to say Lower Decks is looking the best to me. If only because I'm a sucker for the TNG era aesthetic. I hope all the comedy isn't of the manic "it's funny because someone is saying/doing silly stuff rapidly" variety, though.

    Yeah, I hope it's closer to Futurama than Family Guy.
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Also, v important news:
    Denada wrote: »
    For anyone that didn't snag it in previous bundles, now Humble Bundle has a Star Trek Adventures bundle up. The universe is trying to tell you something.

    Seriously, it's a great game and a great deal, for a great cause (the NAACP Legal Defense Fund). You can't go wrong with this one.

    Awesome! This thread inspired me to roll up a character. I might get a chance to play, but it's cool to imagine.

    Commander ZoomJacobkoshMsAnthropyHahnsoo1Ringo
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Also, v important news:
    Denada wrote: »
    For anyone that didn't snag it in previous bundles, now Humble Bundle has a Star Trek Adventures bundle up. The universe is trying to tell you something.

    Seriously, it's a great game and a great deal, for a great cause (the NAACP Legal Defense Fund). You can't go wrong with this one.

    god dammit.

    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited July 30
    Finally finished DS9.

    Gotta say. Pretty weak finale :(

    Over the course of this rewatch I've re-evaluated DS9. I think it's my favorite Star Trek overall now. Until about the middle of Season 6. Specifically after Waltz, where Dukat should have died or been left stranded forever.

    Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    MancingtomDonnictonCambiataNightslyrHahnsoo1
  • MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Finally finished DS9.

    Gotta say. Pretty weak finale :(

    Over the course of this rewatch I've re-evaluated DS9. I think it's my favorite Star Trek overall now. Until about the middle of Season 6. Specifically after Waltz, where Dukat should have died or been left stranded forever.

    Yeah. If they had to bring him back at all. Leaving him a broken man who is ultimately irrelevant to galactic history is more fitting than "Space Antichrist fights Space Jesus after dating the Space Pope."

    I like everything about the finale except the Pah Wraiths/Prophets. That stuff only really works when its used for character development or worldbuilding. Anytime they come out to play, they're just another hokey godlike being.

    StrikorCambiataMsAnthropyTofystedethNightslyr
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    I don't necessarily dislike the idea of the Pah Wraiths, but for all that build up to lead to a climax where Sisko just football tackles a guy is ... anti-climatic, to say the least.

    Maybe less time and budget spent on big dumb explosions in space and more time on making that scene longer/better. It's such a complete afterthought to the story.

    Am I reading it wrong or did Bashir implicitly come out as bi to O'brien in Extreme Measures?

    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited July 30
    Dac wrote: »
    I don't necessarily dislike the idea of the Pah Wraiths, but for all that build up to lead to a climax where Sisko just football tackles a guy is ... anti-climatic, to say the least.

    Maybe less time and budget spent on big dumb explosions in space and more time on making that scene longer/better. It's such a complete afterthought to the story.

    Am I reading it wrong or did Bashir implicitly come out as bi to O'brien in Extreme Measures?

    I think it's supposed to be the two of them admitting a genuine strong and caring platonic connection to the point of being basically brothers, but not necessarily a romantic one.

    On the other hand, if Bashir is coming out as bi then O'Brien is doing it too because they both agree they feel the same way.

    But O'Brien loves his wife.

    Ninja Snarl P on
    StrikorCambiataCommander ZoomShadowenTofystedethNightslyrchrono_traveller
  • MsAnthropyMsAnthropy Our Lady of Perpetual Mazes The CageRegistered User regular
    edited July 31
    Dac wrote: »
    I don't necessarily dislike the idea of the Pah Wraiths, but for all that build up to lead to a climax where Sisko just football tackles a guy is ... anti-climatic, to say the least.

    Maybe less time and budget spent on big dumb explosions in space and more time on making that scene longer/better. It's such a complete afterthought to the story.

    Am I reading it wrong or did Bashir implicitly come out as bi to O'brien in Extreme Measures?

    One thing I liked about the finale was the extended send off every character got to have. I thought it was nice and definitely made me miss my space friends when it was over.

    That said, the plotting of the Bajor part was way too effing rushed. They honestly should have taken a note from LotR and B5 and had more time between defeating the ‘big villain’ and dealing with the secondary more local villain. It probably would have also been nice if it had fit thematically in some way with the ending of the Dominion War arc. Like in LotR, the Scouring of the Shire is important because it points out how no place was unaffected by the War of the Ring—there was no going home for some people. For DS9 it kind of just... happens in such a perfunctory fashion.

    MsAnthropy on
    "The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
    Jacobkosh
  • HydropoloHydropolo Registered User regular
    mrondeau wrote: »
    Mancingtom wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Oh c'mon, Andrew Robinson has described Garak as pansexual.

    Oh, I hadn't known that. I thought the Ziyal ship was shoehorned in because Berman.
    Both can be true.


    Pansexual.... "ALL can be true". I bet Garak and Jack Harness would have had a grand old time.

    StrikorCambiataVoodooV
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Over the course of this rewatch I've re-evaluated DS9. I think it's my favorite Star Trek overall now.
    one of us, one of us, one of us!

    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    CroakerBCMancingtomSneaksCambiataHahnsoo1StrikorPailryderThorn413
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    With world circumstances being what they are, I've been think much about The Inner Light in regards to how what sort of existing technologies we could use to document the breath and width of our civilization before we brought ruin onto ourselves. Are 1s and 0s etched into a gold disc the best we can do for data storage that can endure thousands of years to let others know who we were (and the sort of dumbasses we are that brought about the end their own existence)?

    Black lives matter.
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    xu257gunns6e.png

    BloodySloth
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    With world circumstances being what they are, I've been think much about The Inner Light in regards to how what sort of existing technologies we could use to document the breath and width of our civilization before we brought ruin onto ourselves. Are 1s and 0s etched into a gold disc the best we can do for data storage that can endure thousands of years to let others know who we were (and the sort of dumbasses we are that brought about the end their own existence)?

    yeah, plus it's just a clever way for Megatron to hide a secret message for future Decepticons... but that's besides the point.

    shrykeGONG-00CambiataCommander ZoomInvectivusH3KnucklesShadowenNightslyrMatevJandaruoverride367
  • MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    Stealing all of these, thank you.

    Commander ZoomCambiataStrikorHappylilElfRingo
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    MsAnthropy wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »
    I don't necessarily dislike the idea of the Pah Wraiths, but for all that build up to lead to a climax where Sisko just football tackles a guy is ... anti-climatic, to say the least.

    Maybe less time and budget spent on big dumb explosions in space and more time on making that scene longer/better. It's such a complete afterthought to the story.

    Am I reading it wrong or did Bashir implicitly come out as bi to O'brien in Extreme Measures?

    One thing I liked about the finale was the extended send off every character got to have. I thought it was nice and definitely made me miss my space friends when it was over.

    I thought that was okay with O'brien but it was very weird that Worf's reminiscence did not have one shot of Terry Farrell. It had one shot of him meeting Sisko, one shot of him in a white tux smoking a cigar, and then ... banging Ezri. And getting shoved through a window by Gowron. And then hanging upside down next to Ezri.

    It was all very strange. That's really all you could muster up, DS9 team? Was there some kind of existing contract issue or bad blood with Terry Farrell over her departure? If over half your shots are going to be from season 7, couldn't you have thrown in the baseball game where Worf declares death to the enemy? No? Okay then. :\

    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    MsAnthropy
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    almost certainly a "likeness rights" or "if we show her, we have to pay her" issue.

    steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
    mrondeauInquisitor77CambiatashrykeBloodySlothDonnictonStrikorJacobkoshH3KnucklesAbsoluteZeroShadowenNightslyrhlprmnkyDark_SideTofystedethMatevJandaruchrono_traveller
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited July 31
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Also, v important news:
    Denada wrote: »
    For anyone that didn't snag it in previous bundles, now Humble Bundle has a Star Trek Adventures bundle up. The universe is trying to tell you something.

    Seriously, it's a great game and a great deal, for a great cause (the NAACP Legal Defense Fund). You can't go wrong with this one.
    Wow, I thought I had all the STA books, but there's a LOT more material there than I own. $15 is a steal for all of that content, especially the map tiles. :D

    Di87pOF.jpg
    PSN: Hahnsoo | MHGU: Hahnsoo, Switch FC: SW-0085-2679-5212
    MancingtomJacobkoshMsAnthropyRingo
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Terry has said there was a contract mix-up with her agent for the last episode so they cut her clips because they were out of time. F

    t1iylq0d7o1p.png
  • StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    I'm not saying blame Rick Berman but blame Rick Berman.

    I was killing Thresher Maws on foot before I knew it was a Krogan rite of passage.
    Commander ZoomCambiataMancingtomMsAnthropyevilmrhenryH3KnucklesmrondeauAbsoluteZeroThorn413ShadowenNightslyrTofystedethwanderingMatevJandaruoverride367Ringochrono_traveller
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Always.

    steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
    RichyCambiataShadowenNightslyr
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Terry has said there was a contract mix-up with her agent for the last episode so they cut her clips because they were out of time. F

    That's about what I figured.

    F

    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • grumblethorngrumblethorn Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    Monwyn wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Re: last thread

    No one puts 6 series from the same property into production who isn't desperate to make a dime off said property. This is no different then Disney with Star Wars, except a little stranger because it's not like they just bought the thing. Aggressively try and monetize the property. Full speed ahead, greenlight everything. And streaming has lowered the bar towards turning shit into a TV series. Which we are seeing all over the place with various streaming platforms.

    At peak 90s Trek, I'd say almost certainly the height of Trek's mainstream cultural cache, they had like 2 things in production at the same time.

    Maybe three, counting movies? Pretty sure there were at least a couple movies done while TNG/DS9 or DS9/Voyager were still on. But never this bizarre level of desperation in trying to get traction on something.

    Yeah RDM has said a couple times that one of the reasons S7 of TNG was weak was because he (and others) was directly involved in S7 of TNG, whatever season it was of DS9, and doing preproduction on the Generations movie.
    I'm not bothered by trying a bunch of new Trek things, but I'm plenty irritated that they have such little confidence in anything they're putting out that they're just putting out a shitload of stuff. On top of that, somebody pointed out in the last thread that the only thing they seem to not be trying is to just make a damned Trek show that works like regular Star Trek. Voyager was terrible because it was terrible and Enterprise tanked because it tried to do the same overdramatic one-upmanship crap as Discovery; it had nothing to with the format and everything to do with showmakers who thought they knew better than making a Trek show like Star Trek.

    Voyager was mostly terrible because that cast had some pretty lackluster chemistry. That's a fixable problem, but not an easy one, especially given the premise of the show.

    I'm not sure I accept the premise, either. Both Picard and Discovery take elements of the things that existing Trek series emphasised, and run with them (Disco does epic scope really well, and is slowly building that bridge-crew camraderie, though it's not coming of as an ensemble show, Picard has some tight characterisation and more contemplative, thoughtful tone and room to move, for example).. And Lower Decks has some of it too, off that trailer. Which is all good. Neither of those shows is TNG, and for me that's OK. Variations off the main theme are cool.

    I'm genuinely not sure what "regular Trek" is, if we dismiss Voyager and Enterpise and Disco and Picard and Lower Decks. What is the ideal Trek that people are looking back at here? Given how much of the early seasons of TNG and DS9 were...not great, and how TOS gave us masterpieces like Spock's Brain, I don't really understand the harking back to some golden era of Trek. Some have been better than others in aggregate, but IMO it's far too early to judge the new stuff. I'm reminded of how much people hated TNG when it first came out.

    We're in a renaissance of Trek right now, and as someone who grew up with one or two series on TV at once, it's amazing. We won't all like all the bits of it, and that's OK too (ask me about Discovery's Klingon throughline). But everyhting I've seen has hit some of the key notes of the existing material, and it's asking questions, either explicitly or in the background, about people and who and what we are. Maybe there's more Big Booms now, but...not always, and there always seems to be a heart I can get behind.



    Only really early season TNG was mostly bad. It's a meme at this point. Season one and 2 of DS9 are great.

    evilmrhenry
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    That said, the plotting of the Bajor part was way too effing rushed.

    It was definitely sort of shoehorned in there, but on my latest rewatch it actually felt like it took forever because Kai Winn's and Dukat's scenes were boring as hell. But that's partly because I only cared about the war arc and have always thought the Bajor/Prophets ending was completely unnecessary and dumb, so on rewatches, it's automatic skip over material.

    MsAnthropyshrykeNightslyrAbsoluteZero
  • MonwynMonwyn Registered User regular
    Mancingtom wrote: »
    Stealing all of these, thank you.

    Too bad Twitter doesn't allow you to just download the fucking image

    I swear to God, for all of Twitter's sins, its absolute worst is that it's encouraged people to use it as a video/image hosting site

    uH3IcEi.png
    Jandaru
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Got to the first episode in my TNG rewatch I didn't remember ever seeing before.

    "The Chase" Season 6, Episode 20. Find out that all intelligent life was a seed project from an ancient species.

    Never spoken of again?

    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I have one comfort in my annoyance at how frequently "this isn't Star Trek" gets bemoaned at the current crop of new Star Trek series, and that is that in 20 years all the people who grew up with that Trek will be calling it the "real" Trek, and whatever new stuff comes out (that probably most closely resembles TNG) will be called "fake." As a result all of the "not real trek" people today will have to listen to the ocean of 30yr-olds complain about exactly the kind of series they always wanted while they grumble in their old and withered husks where nobody cares about what they like anymore.

    wanderingDark_SidehlprmnkyAsherHerrCron
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited August 2
    I guess that's an interesting take, except I've yet to hear somebody go "these new ones aren't real Trek" but I've heard plenty of "it would be nice if they weren't so stubbornly mediocre and could get their act together". Aside from the animated show, which can't be "real Trek" because it's all jokes and whatnot and there's nothing about it that meshes with the live-action stuff (which isn't a criticism, the show just operates outside the normal Trek show stuff while being in a Trek setting).

    People are able to readily enjoy ToS, TNG, and DS9 despite those encompassing decades of realtime and a wide spectrum of style. If the new stuff wanted to catch people, it should've been... well, better, not flashier or more dramatic.

    Ninja Snarl P on
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I guess that's an interesting take, except I've yet to hear somebody go "these new ones aren't real Trek" but I've heard plenty of "it would be nice if they weren't so stubbornly mediocre and could get their act together". Aside from the animated show, which can't be "real Trek" because it's all jokes and whatnot and there's nothing about it that meshes with the live-action stuff (which isn't a criticism, the show just operates outside the normal Trek show stuff while being in a Trek setting).

    Ok it's pretty funny that you seemingly straightfaced called something not-Star Trek in your point that no one says that, but also:

    From the first page of results (eliminating the first one since it appears that there is a 2010 Parody that is named This Isn't Star Trek)

    c5wwss1nd78v.jpg

    Dark_SideJandaru
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited August 2
    it would be nice if they weren't so stubbornly mediocre and could get their act together

    It definitely would, Trek has been hitting a lot of low points ever since Voyager...But I've sort of come to a personal maxim that it is no longer possible to write modern Trek that current fans will love (at least not until they find someone who will actually spend money on it), and I just try to take the good and not get my jimmies too rustled about the bad. My one wish is that fans would stop being so hard on any new Trek show that comes out, though part of that problem is that negative youtube hot takes collect all the views. And to be clear I'm not leveling that complaint at anyone in here. It just gets so frustrating to go into the comments on any new Trek show and see the same fucking manchild holding court on why it sucks.

    Dark_Side on
  • MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    it would be nice if they weren't so stubbornly mediocre and could get their act together

    It definitely would, Trek has been hitting a lot of low points ever since Voyager...But I've sort of come to a personal maxim that it is no longer possible to write modern Trek that current fans will love (at least not until they find someone who will actually spend money on it), and I just try to take the good and not get my jimmies too rustled about the bad. My one wish is that fans would stop being so hard on any new Trek show that comes out, though part of that problem is that negative youtube hot takes collect all the views. And to be clear I'm not leveling that complaint at anyone in here. It just gets so frustrating to go into the comments on any new Trek show and see the same fucking manchild holding court on why it sucks.

    If it makes you feel better, New Trek is a case study in how the internet echo chamber is far, far less relevant than it wants to believe.

    If Youtube's reaction to Discovery accounted for general opinion, it would not be on its third season or generated 5 other shows.

    RichyCambiataMsAnthropyhlprmnkyNightslyrT-boltTofystedeth
  • hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Sturgeon’s Law is, sadly, still generally applicable, and just because the lightning got bottled doesn’t mean it will stay bottled. Honestly, I’m just happy that the relative proportion of “things that were actually made in the setting that are Good” to “things I have had to imagine for myself about the setting that are good” is much higher for Trek than The Other Star Franchise, and that there continue to be interesting and enjoyable new bits. I’m old, and quite exhausted; I no longer rail against imperfection, when instead I can pass a quiet hour with old friends.

    _
    iOS: hlprmnky | PSN: hlprmnky_2 | SC2: Callow.126
    Mancingtom
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited August 2
    I would like more quiet hours with old friends, and less "OMG everything everywhere is doomed unless we [TECH TECH] the [TECH]".
    Even DS9 (and B5), which IMO set the bar for "arc" plotting, allowed plenty of time for that.
    But I guess we don't do that anymore, or something.

    Commander Zoom on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
    StrikorDark_SideJacobkoshMsAnthropyTofystedeth
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    The mature thing to do would be to simply not watch the Rise of Skywalker-ass shows they're going to keep making on the inconvenient streaming service, but I keep playing games that make me mad so who am I to judge these sad nerds

    t1iylq0d7o1p.png
  • StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    I remember people on the internet (not necessarily here) complaining when Picard had an episode that "barely advanced the plot" and therefore was a complete waste of time. For some reason it seems those are the ones studio executives listen to.

    I was killing Thresher Maws on foot before I knew it was a Krogan rite of passage.
    Cambiata
  • MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    I remember people on the internet (not necessarily here) complaining when Picard had an episode that "barely advanced the plot" and therefore was a complete waste of time. For some reason it seems those are the ones studio executives listen to.

    It's the consequence of a crowded market. Everyone's terrified of losing attention because they know the audience has a thousand other options. So they frontload action and high drama at the expense of everything else and keep the stakes as high as possible--otherwise, people might not care. They've forgotten, or don't believe, that audiences only care about those things if they care about the people it's happening to.

    The best thing New Trek could do is go back to 22-episode seasons. Imagine how much stronger Picard would've been if we'd had more one-shot adventures in post-Romulan space? Or Discovery if the characters had a chance to breathe?

    Such a change might be in the works, though. CBS is clearly listening to fans--Strange New Worlds only exists because of it--and "slow down" has been a pretty common suggestion all the while.

    H3KnucklesCommander Zoom
Sign In or Register to comment.