As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's All Freak Out In The [Ghost of Tsushima] Thread

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Honestly thinking about it more I'm genuinely not sure why the game is structured 15/20/25 waves for the difficulties

Why not 10/15/20? That's at least a little more reasonable, and it ends on an even number

I wonder who on the dev team fought hard like "NO, it has to be 15 WAVES on bronze!!"

I was JUST saying this to Tierwulf.
    I love this game but the survival modes take too long

I'm definitely gonna do bronze matches to set up bronze gear so I can do 20-minute runs instead of spending an hour

I have a bladder condition! I gotta hide on a roof to pee at least once in a 40-minute match!

It's literally hurting people.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    I only have time for 45 min or hour long sessions on weekends

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    When Fortnite didn’t have a Battle Royale mode, you had a certain 4-player survival mode where you had to survive for 14 days (a fortnight, hence the name), where you built your base during the day, and fought enemies during the night. With each day your base became a bit bigger, until it was huge.

A whole day cycle lasted 15 minutes, resulting in the whole session lasting 3.5 hours (!!!).

I tried it twice; the first time losing around day 13, and the second time finishing it. We did it with a team of 4 friends, so not with randoms.
    After 2 hours we started getting numb and concentration was really getting lost.

Those were insanity inducing times.

So yeah, even with gold survival here lasting 50-60 minutes, that’s still seriously long.

I am pretty grateful though, that when someone drops out, you can go to the Social menu and start matchmaking to fill in the gap.

I am now in the position of having aroung 100 gear, but needing to level up other classes. My samurai is level 2, but without any special abilities I am hesitant to take him into a gold or even silver match. My ronin is level 8, but I need to get him to 10 for the healing pots, but doing a gold match with him still scares me a lot.

Corporal Carl on
    PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    When Fortnite didn’t have a Battle Royale mode, you had a certain 4-player survival mode where you had to survive for 14 days (a fortnight, hence the name), where you built your base during the day, and fought enemies during the night. With each day your base became a bit bigger, until it was huge.

A whole day cycle lasted 15 minutes, resulting in the whole session lasting 3.5 hours (!!!).

I tried it twice; the first time losing around day 13, and the second time finishing it. We did it with a team of 4 friends, so not with randoms.
    After 2 hours we started getting numb and concentration was really getting lost.

Those were insanity inducing times.

So yeah, even with gold survival here lasting 50-60 minutes, that’s still seriously long.

I am pretty grateful though, that when someone drops out, you can go to the Social menu and start matchmaking to fill in the gap.

I am now in the position of having aroung 100 gear, but needing to level up other classes. My samurai is level 2, but without any special abilities I am hesitant to take him into a gold or even silver match. My ronin is level 8, but I need to get him to 10 for the healing pots, but doing a gold match with him still scares me a lot.

Honestly, it's co-op, and the rewards are generous enough for failure that I just take 'em into gold and silver regardless

Like I have a very low level assassin and hunter, but by god my gear score says I can take em there so that's what I'm gonna do!

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    The increasing time investment of each level of survival mode is definitely reducing my interest in the multiplayer. 30 minutes was already a fat chunk of time, 40 minutes obviously moreso and far more possible to lose after 95% of the work is done and miss rewards, and I dunno if my interest will hold out for gold. Nearly an hour of fighting for the same number of rewards just isn't appealing to me.

One thing that would really help is to cut down the enemy health a ton, crank up the enemy count, and have fewer waves. If bronze was ten waves and gold twenty waves, but with more weak enemies you could easily kill per wave plus some tough ones mixed in, the matches would both shorter (if only for not wasting so much time on waits between rounds) and be more satisfying (I really really hate chopping and chopping and chopping away at enemies that can knock me flat in 3-4 hits). Match time should be like... twenty minutes as an average, maximum.

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    So I plan to spend this Friday's Extra Life 24 hour stream checking out the game's NG+, and will likely play some Legends when I need a break from the main game.

Not sure how long I'll play Legends, but this is one game I have that none of my friends strangely has or has played that much. So I'll have to rely on randos when I play.

It is possible to make a party of friends if you want I assume?

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    It is.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    There are some fun new charms in ng+

Theres one that causes a nearby enemy to get hit with lightning after your heavenly strike.

Theres also a number of difficulty increasers. One will make any damage you take from enemies an instant kill with no iron will allowed. Another prevents ammo looting from corpses.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Alright. Healing bombs. Healing dog. Heavenly strike. No leeching parry. No heal on ult - so basically I'm not going to use it much, I don't think.

Let's see how this goes ^.^

Chance on
  • Options
    Also the more I play it the more I feel like level 30 should give you a second legendary item equip and level 40 should give you a second charm slot. Having to give up the ult utility skills for an additional legendary is bunk. Come at me, Sucker Punch.

• Options
    Fuck yeah! Shiny Robes GET!
    ztyilg7jipxq.jpg
    Gold survival with randos and managing to complete all bonus objectives and never losing a defense area = lots of unlocks.

I never thought I would unlock a red-background cosmetic item, but I did :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

• Options
    Gold survival, wave 23: "Playstation Network Error" :bigfrown: :bigfrown: :bigfrown:

• Options
    I got dropped from a game yesterday. Like 5 rounds in suddenly it seems to me like my whole team dropped and then I am swarmed by oni and killed.

Then tierwulf says it looked to him and the other 2 like I dropped o.0

• Options
    TierwulfTierwulf Registered User regular
    Yeah I thought it was someone else until "Sasuke55" joins and I was like "Uhhh...where's Chance?"

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I'd actually be interested in trying the raid for this game, but without a PS4 microphone, that seems kind of counterintuitive

If anyone wants to just direct me, I'll party up for a go sometime this week

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I just had to sheperd a young ronin through a silver final story mission.
    Went in through quickplay. It was clear about halfway through that he didn't really know how to fight or deal with the mission. Nor did he have any ronin skills, so he must have just unlocked the class.
    I was only a rank 3 assassin myself. About halfway through I turned on my mic and started talking to him.

Anyway so we got to the last area of that story mission with no continues left.
    We lost most of our continues in the second area. The crows kept overwhelming us. I could deal with one but we'd end up aggroing all of them. On our last continue I had to sheperd him with detailed commands into stealthing through and killing them all a few at a time. To his credit, he followed my orders pretty well. (He never spoke)

So the last mission is that big area full of enemies right? With the two fire arrow thingies right at the top. We tried to stealth but quickly got discovered.

I sprinted all the way to the end and killed the two ballista, then I sprinted all the way back to him and started running around the edges of the pack picking off the weakest enemies one by one. This took quite a while, and he died a few times, but I managed to get to him.

We ended up with exploding dogs as a modifier, so I was killing archers, dogs, weaker sword dudes, just constantly sprinting and rolling around in a big circle and trying to find space and time to pick them off. This was working quite well, he was doing his best not to die.

Anyway right at the end he died surrounded by the last pack of really tough dudes that I couldn't get around, and my vanish was on cooldown. I was desperately trying to get to him but kept getting tagged, and I was close to death myself.

Just as his revival timer was about to end, my vanish cooldown finished. I ran up to his corpse, vanished, and revived him, telling him on the mic to just run. Run as far away as he could.
    He did. I killed one. My ult popped.
    I killed the rest.

We won.

I had about 70 melee kills to his 10 as a rank 3 assassin. :) I hope he enjoyed his rewards.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I've been playing Ronin for a bit, and the only Bombpack that dropped until now was a green rank 35.
    Today I've gotten my second bomb pack, AND it is also my second legendary (first one was the half-bow at 87)!
    [ happiness noise ]
    6k552r9624wh.jpg
    Yes, I did reforge it five times to get it from 105 to 110, but ended up with all the modifiers I wanted :biggrin:

EDIT: During rerolls I saw that the bottom ability can be :
    - can be used by Assassins
    - adds Flash bombs
    - adds Black Powder bombs

Now I want a second one for my Assassin :biggrin:

Corporal Carl on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    I got dropped from a game yesterday. Like 5 rounds in suddenly it seems to me like my whole team dropped and then I am swarmed by oni and killed.

Then tierwulf says it looked to him and the other 2 like I dropped o.0

I think they had some server issues last night. I queued up three times: the first I entered round 16, the second we lost in round 3 after two drops with one replacement, and the third we finished because we had 3 ronin but still had at least one drop and get replaced.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Yeah, I usually know shit’s gonna hit the fan, when I see a couple of Onis frozen and I can wail on them with my heart’s desire.
    A couple of moments later usually someone drops, so then I go as quickly as possible to the Social menu to restart matchmaking.

• Options
    Guy dropped from Nightmare Survival on the second wave, and 3 of us made it to wave 20. Would have probably made it with one more person :bigfrown:

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
  • Options
    Tierwulf wrote: »
    Guy dropped from Nightmare Survival on the second wave, and 3 of us made it to wave 20. Would have probably made it with one more person :bigfrown:
    Did going to the menu during the game on the Social tab to restart matchmaking to fill the empty gap didn’t work? Or were there no other people interested in Nightmare matches?

I just had a very weird Gold survival with 4 Ronin. This gives me hope that I can play other classses and probably get teamed up with one.

• Options
    I tried silver survival twice in a row.

Halfway through the second one Id had enough.

For the rewards you get farming the first story mission is much more efficient and less taxing

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Tierwulf wrote: »
    Did going to the menu during the game on the Social tab to restart matchmaking to fill the empty gap didn’t work? Or were there no other people interested in Nightmare matches?

I just had a very weird Gold survival with 4 Ronin. This gives me hope that I can play other classses and probably get teamed up with one.

Wasn't getting the option to fill the slot for some reason.
    I tried silver survival twice in a row.

Halfway through the second one Id had enough.

For the rewards you get farming the first story mission is much more efficient and less taxing

I'll add you if you want me to join up to some of your games.

*Unless you're talking purely about time investment to reward.

Tierwulf on
    Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I believe you get more Honor from Survival, even if you sell off all of the junk loot from doing 3x or 4x Story missions, so it's still worth doing for the time investment once you get to endgame (and need Honor above everything else for reforging).

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I believe you get more Honor from Survival, even if you sell off all of the junk loot from doing 3x or 4x Story missions, so it's still worth doing for the time investment once you get to endgame (and need Honor above everything else for reforging).

Yeah, epic 105s burn into 8 honor each and Gold survival gives gear + 200 honor a pop, good point. That's 25 105 epics worth.

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
  • Options
    I keep getting to wave 20 in NM survival, it's frustrating. After averaging 40-60 revives each match I've just stopped using ult on the people dying to hwacha spam without animation lock. There's always one person that just keeps dying over and over to it by running in a straight line.

Testing the fire build is useless this week because the nightmare adjustment is Immunity AKA the enemies can't be burned, weakend, poisoned, or berserked. So I tried a double legendary heal bombs + spirit kunai with super massive. The build worked incredibly well and the team was extremely good at almost never taking damage but all it took was that one unlucky sequence of bursts on us.

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
  • Options
    So there is no reason to keep duplicate legendary items right? Like if I have two of the same legendary bow I should junk one them?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Anyone who wants to add me can do so. I dont have a lot of time to play but Im happy to play with anyone when I do.

• Options
    Butters wrote: »
    So there is no reason to keep duplicate legendary items right? Like if I have two of the same legendary bow I should junk one them?

Depends on which one it is, your considerations would be: which class can use it, would it be worthwhile to actually equip it, and are you dividing between story and survival?

Say for instance, bows: Stone skip is hunter specific, so there's no reason to keep more than one. For the no arrow drop bow, the other two classes that can equip it are samurai and assassin but... would you really want to? Technically that bow could have helped with last week's nightmare story because you could cheese it with a lot of ranged options. I would advise against making that your legendary on samurai unless you have no others and even then I would prefer a higher ki level item that is going to be my permanent (epic) ranged slot item rather than something I'm just going to toss out the door.

I would HIGHLY advise against using it on assassin as you can get ronin bombs with a major slot of "Can be used by assassin." This includes the heal bombs which leads me to my next point: items you would actually want to keep 2 of. For the heal bombs it's worth it to keep one that can be used by assassin and one that is flash or black powder on ronin.

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
  • Options
    What does the Moon Master trait do? I’ve got a legendary Moon sword (Demon Cutter I believe) which is good against Brutes.
    I just spent enough on it to get it to 109, but I’m curious :biggrin:

• Options
    What does the Moon Master trait do? I’ve got a legendary Moon sword (Demon Cutter I believe) which is good against Brutes.
    I just spent enough on it to get it to 109, but I’m curious :biggrin:

If you R2, you can go through the list of potential traits and see their details.

• Options
    6u7zx8g5a3cu.jpg
    v7yi1z7or9dy.jpg

Finally, nightmare survival down. We had (just like every other time) someone who either left or lagged out on the first wave but they were dead weight anyways. The other two were good enough that I figured we would just power through it.

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
  • Options
    I need me some kind of effective 500-honor-an-hour grind. 300 honor for beating a nightmare difficulty?

Sucker Punch, I'm gettin' sick of this. Let me transmute my spirit into honor.

Or those things I get from daily challenges. And those things. I'm drowning in both.

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Well I managed to get through two survival rounds on gold down last weekend. I really hope they add more stuff in the future beyond the raid. Digging it so much.

Also found a little time to finish the main game turned out I was two story missions away. Got my Plat as well so yay.

• Options
    What do the flash bombs actually do? I can't tell if they have any lasting affect on an enemy.

• Options
    What do the flash bombs actually do? I can't tell if they have any lasting affect on an enemy.

It's a brief stun, a bit like a dirt throw or kunai. Gives you time to get in a wail on an oni.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    At some point, when I wasn't paying attention and just kinda' refining all my gear, I hit spirit level 110.

ykvr5oi9fxyv.png

For those counting, that's a 33.8% increase to the perfect parry window. I am dying to also have Intimidating parry, but I refuse to give up leeching or Heavenly Strike.

I'm a heal beast, but more than anything I can run up to contested point alone, stand in the middle of the circle and easily survive and hold it, if not just wipe it clean before the rest of my team shows up.

My pet peeve is, without question, people who attack people who are attacking me when the counter hit challenge is up. This is my thing and I would get it done in 45 seconds if you would just stop helping!

Chance on
  • Options
    So I was just playing a gold survival with randos and a samurai was ulting I swear every 15-20 seconds. What kind of crazy build can be getting him so much resolve?

• Options
    So I was just playing a gold survival with randos and a samurai was ulting I swear every 15-20 seconds. What kind of crazy build can be getting him so much resolve?

Actually, parries can do it. I decided to play my samurai some so I'll see what I can see.

Just got Master Sword w00t.

• Options
    Chance wrote: »

Actually, parries can do it. I decided to play my samurai some so I'll see what I can see.

Just got Master Sword w00t.

I dont think it was parries. He just seemed to be running around back and forth and ulting mobs. Almost like it was passive gain but I'm sure that's not right.