As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Quarantimes 2: Quarantine Harder

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Surprised that dad didn't tell his child to not step on snek

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Alright I got hair clippers and some garbage bags let's do this.

MaddocMagic Pink
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Child behind me in the supermarket queue "...and you gotta look for snakes because snakes are dangerous..."
    His father: "snakes are dangerous? What about friendly snakes who hug you?"
    Me: my dude you are deliberately setting this kid up to get killed by a python, aren't you
    They're called danger noodles for a reason!

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Alright I got hair clippers and some garbage bags let's do this.

Technically barber shops are open now here, but I felt so uncomfortable with the idea of going to one that I just did it myself

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Id go for that shower from Transmetropolitan that vaporises all the filth off body and leaves you totally hairless

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Magic PinkJedoc
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Id go for that shower from Transmetropolitan that vaporises all the filth off body and leaves you totally hairless

I bet my glorious leg hair clogs the shit out of it

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Child behind me in the supermarket queue "...and you gotta look for snakes because snakes are dangerous..."
    Me: my dude you are deliberately setting this kid up to get killed by a python, aren't you

to be fair the local snakes are almost all pretty harmless
    you probably still shouldn't hug them, though

It gets real warm when you're wearing a garbage bag.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    If you're cutting hair in the privacy of your own home you can just do it in the nude and shower after

Grey GhostMaddocmrpakuZonugal3cl1ps3LabelTNTrooperVeldrinUsagiTynnanDouglasDangerErin The RedMagic PinkBeastehMidniteLaOsBloodsheedMayabirdMagellDarmakHappy Little MachineIloveslimes
    No one ever tells me these things.

Magic Pink
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Nude haircuts huh I dunno better check with Jesus on that one

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    webguy20The Cow King
  • LabelLabel Registered User regular
    I had to shoo a garden snake off the gravel road in my neighborhood today. They kept striking at my shoe, not wanting to leave the warm gravel.

I hope that snake learns, and doesn't get themselves run over. It's not a safe spot for snakes to sun themselves.

Magic Pink
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    If you're really into Jesus I'm pretty sure you have a special hair shirt that you wear when you are getting a trim.

Platy
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    If you're cutting hair in the privacy of your own home you can just do it in the nude and shower after

I mean that’s how I do most things at home.

VeldrinTNTrooperMagic Pink
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

to be fair the local snakes are almost all pretty harmless
    you probably still shouldn't hug them, though
    Back in 1st grade a zoo guy came to our class to show us some smaller animals, and one of them was a snake. He was used to kids being put off by them so he teasingly asked "Does anyone wanna try holding it?" and I jumped up like a jackass and went "ME ME ME." He had a very "uhhh what do I do" look on his face before just handing it off to me. It coiled around my hand. It was neat and the tongue tickled.

BahamutZEROtynicTNTrooperJohnny ChopsockyPlatyCelloErin The RedMagic PinkQuantumTurkJedocMayabirdCommander ZoomFishmanHappy Little MachineIloveslimes
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I always loved interacting with the reptiles during those school shows. Boa constrictor, bearded dragon, even one time a very fat toad.

Frogs I didn't like because I was worried I'd accidentally hurt one of their legs. :(

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Only frogs we had around there at the time were tree frogs.

Lemme tell ya, you can start some real chaos letting one of those inside a house. Forget accidentally hurting their legs, because it is essentially Flubber and actually managing to touching it is a goal rather than a given.

VeldrinBrovid HasselsmofLabeltynicMortal SkyHappy Little Machine
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    *scribbles new item on bottom of bucket list*

FishmanHappy Little Machine
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I highly recommend the Snake Discovery channel on Youtube for all snake-related things

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    i love to hold sneks. they are the best

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    The last of my homebrewing stuff should be arriving early next week! Can't wait to do a couple hours of things and then just sit around for weeks while those things become other things that make you pretty silly when you drink them!

CelloDouglasDanger
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I'm at like 95 percent completion on my smart mirror project, so that feels pretty good

I'm too tired from Wednesday night to get through it all today, but tomorrow I think I'll finally be able to cap off this project I've wanted to do since 2017, so that's nice; I gotta let one more set of parts arrive tomorrow anyway

Also, my Mom got tested for covid early Thursday morning at the hospital as standard procedure and it came back negative already; they did two tests, the one that I think just goes to the throat and the deep one, and the results were already online today

We didn't *think* she had it but in the middle of the stress on Wednesday/Thursday it was good she got checked since it could have complicated the blood pressure stuff

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    Blake TIronKnuckle's GhostchromdomMaddocLabelDouglasDangerErin The Red
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    i love to hold sneks. they are the best

Sneksy

Magic Pink
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    The urban park rangers would, pre-covid, have a lot of animal meet-and-greets. Mostly animals who had been hurt and couldn't be released to the wild, or exotic pets that had been turned over for various reasons.
    My daughter loved petting all the animals she could. Her favorite was the boa that they would drape over the shoulders of the kids present (who wanted to participate). We keep her away from petting any snakes we see in the wild, though..

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Last summer we had a garden snek that liked to lie right in front of our front door because it was where the water from our upstairs AC dripped and made a nice little pool for him. My wife wasn't a fan, but eventually got used to checking before stepping out.

This year I've been bringing nuts and bits of granola snacks to the grill with me in hopes of befriending the chipmunks behind our apartment building.

Magic PinkJedocCelloErin The Red
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Yesterday I discovered my tire was flat so i pulled around to the shed with an air compressor to see if it was a slow leak or what have you. Anyhoo in the process some old pieces of junk had fallen from the walls in a position i could not see from my car and slashed my other back tire. I got out quite frustrated and went back to the house. In the process I discovered the wasps have likely built a nest directly above my door. And by which discovered I mean I was stung in the ear, both of my hands and tummy all at once. I think they remember my efforts to stop them from last year.

Anyways at that point, I simply listened to the universe and got back in bed and refused to leave until this morning.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
    BahamutZEROCommander ZoomNarbusFishmanGrey Ghost
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I feel like sex dolls would absolutely work in a lot of European leagues tho

This happened in south korea and caused a major scandal!

Bomani Jones had the best take on that. How were there so many sex dolls available?

LaOs
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I've been streaming the city council debate about whether or not to have a mask mandate. This level of transitive embarrassment is exactly why I couldn't watch Parks and Rec. I have no idea how every town in Oklahoma doesn't burn down once a day if this is how they are governed.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
    tynic
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    at one point in my life I thought P&R was satire.
    God, the naivety.

mrpaku3cl1ps3ZonugalCelloNarbusTynnanOdinErin The Red
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    at one point in my life I thought P&R was satire.
    God, the naivety.

Yeah working behind the scenes in local government makes me kinda never want to watch parks and rec again

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Parks and Recreation is infuriatingly realistic.

you-just-got-jammed_o_2379721.jpg

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    3cl1ps3HenroidErin The Red
    Woo! Passed with one vote! Fuck off, everyone who wants to cough on me!

GDdCWMm.jpg
    BahamutZEROWeaverwebguy203cl1ps3ZonugalTNTrooperMadicanCellotynicCommander ZoomshoeboxjeddyLibrarian's ghostOghulkIronKnuckle's GhostLabelFishmanchromdomRanlinUsagiBloodsheedTynnanBrovid HasselsmofKetarMidniteDouglasDangerJansonHappy Little MachineLindsay LohanmrpakuCrippl3LaOsIloveslimes
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Woo! Passed with one vote! Fuck off, everyone who wants to cough on me!

Great! Now you can get stabbed when you have to tell a library patron to put on a mask.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Sir! This is Oklahoma! I will be shot when I tell a library patron to put on a mask.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Librarian's ghostZonugalMagellSleepGrey Ghost3cl1ps3tynicsponoTNTrooperTynnanLabelOdinKetarMidnitemrpakuKetBraLaOsErin The Red
    Wait, shit. One of the exceptions is "People in any federal, state, or county building or facility." I get the feeling that this is where the "county" in "city-county library system" is going to bite us in the ass once again.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Secede from the county. Simple!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

RanlinMulysaSemproniusMagic PinkErin The Red
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Become a Sovereign Library

MidniteKetBra
    See, the problem with a sovereign library is that once you cut all ties to the government, what you're basically left with is a room filled with aging books and no discernable income. Like one of those over-stuffed used book stores you get in beach towns, with one old man in a robe and slippers looking pissed that you're going to try to take his books away.

Which is honestly where my trajectory has been bending since the day I learned to read, don't get me wrong! But I'd intended to set aside a bit more Spam and beer money to see it all the way through.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    RanlinLabelDouglasDangerIloveslimes
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Okay that's fair, but it's Oklahoma to maybe just declare it a sovereign library with no follow through and make people wear masks

Jedoc
This discussion has been closed.