As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Quarantimes 2: Quarantine Harder

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    IT HAS "BARBED" IN THE NAME WHO IS MESSING WITH IT

NOTHING THAT IS SO BARBED THAT IT BECOMES PART OF ITS NAME IS WORTH MESSING WITH
    Dont let her fool you, Barb is all talk.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    IT HAS "BARBED" IN THE NAME WHO IS MESSING WITH IT

NOTHING THAT IS SO BARBED THAT IT BECOMES PART OF ITS NAME IS WORTH MESSING WITH
    Dont let her fool you, Barb is all talk.

Barbwireposter.jpg

I dunno, there's also some hair and some leather with that talk.

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    For me it'd be, mentioning brunch, gin, travelling, Harry Potter and "please don't be boring"

Whoah what's up with brunch?

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I love brunch

But like

It's a thing on Tinder profiles

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Brunch is a great meal, but it’s not a personality.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Who the hell wants to get up that early?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

now THIS is a good dating profile

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Don't forget yoga pose silhouette pic

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    So what is a good activity for a dating profile pic? Not that it will ever be relevant to me but I'm curious.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    So what is a good activity for a dating profile pic? Not that it will ever be relevant to me but I'm curious.

Backflips

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Picture of you holding a fish.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Eating messy chili dogs while dressed as your Sonic OC character

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Picture of you holding the lead singer of Phish.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Picture of a supermodel handing you millions of dollars in cash for being so good at sex?

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Actually, no, to be really obnoxious, you holding a sign that says 'ghoti'.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    flip the script, picture of a fish holding you

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

Okay, first, we’re gonna need about a kilogram of weapons-grade plutonium.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I had good luck with mentioning that I knew what a duvet cover is, how to iron clothes, and paid my bills on time.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Holding a piece of paper or card with an image of a fish (anything from realistic to two-curved-lines) and the cursive caption, Ceci n'est pas un poisson.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Wow dating sounds complicated

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular

Holding a small dog while wearing a speedo

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

I included a picture of me sharpening homemade kebab skewers on a 6 ft. long belt sander while wearing jeans and my Zappa shirt

but no one ever commented on it so maybe it wasn't that great

I liked it though

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Holding a piece of paper or card with an image of a fish (anything from realistic to two-curved-lines) and the cursive caption, Ceci n'est pas un poisson.

This makes me want to have a dating profile again

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    The theory I went with long ago was: #1 You need a pic where you are attractive, and you can lead with that, but try for no selfies because that links to point two. #2 Then a shot that indicates in some way "why yes other humans find my company pleasurable" and #3 if you've got some combo of action shot and/or pet shot, that's good too. I asked my now wife a long time ago what got me the message from her (back in the OKCupid days) and she said it was a combo of "You were cute, and you had pics doing things with friends that indicated you might not be shitty towards women which is nice" I think I remember having a pic of a friend and I painting moustaches on one another at a party, a couple other "out with friends but I look pretty good" shots and some pic of mainly just me that I didn't hate too much.
    And cause I have the brain spiders too, I know the "be cute" advice seems almost mean at times but I just saw it as a numbers game, "I may not be model cute/hot but then again almost no one is, eventually someone is gonna like what I'm bringing to the table, I just gotta love it or fake like I love it"

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    My dating profile says that I'm a hippy at heart who likes cooking, coffee, climbing, drum and bass, and going outdoors

and I get a decent amount of hits, so you know

Maybe that

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Does that bagel place also teach phonetics?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Oh I wouldn't know

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Usagi wrote: »
    Other honorable mentions that I don't include else I would actually get alcohol poisoning: camo clothing, pictures of their truck, gym selfies where it's obvious they missed leg day, duck lips, and my personal favorite--the naked headless torso.

Oh, you mean 75% of Grindr!?!?
    Grindr_4fe651_7560929.jpg

Spoilered purely for size.

Edit: Wait... image size.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

11:30am is early?

Brunch is just a new word for day drinking.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

11:30am is early?

Brunch is just a new word for day drinking.

I guess our priorities are different because for me brunch is a word for eating eggs and potatoes and maybe a pancake

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I've basically only ever associated brunch with socially acceptable drinking before noon

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Brunch for me means that everyone else is eating breakfast food but I get to order a burger

Also probably a few cocktails

• Options
    I wake up early but I don't pretend like I'm not fucked up and wrong for it

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I am both astonished and grateful I instituted a policy two months ago of waking up every day at 7 a.m.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular

powerbomb

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    The Geek wrote: »

powerbomb

Butchering a carcass

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I am both astonished and grateful I instituted a policy two months ago of waking up every day at 7 a.m.

It's been pretty nice, yeah.

... Though I did skip the treadmill this morning.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    The Geek wrote: »
    I have been in a wrestling ring with one of those two.

But which one?

We will never know.

Hell, I couldn't tell you.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

It's been pretty nice, yeah.

... Though I did skip the treadmill this morning.

I was doing morning runs (a mile to 2.5 miles) every other day.

Until our part of the country became Silent Hill.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
This discussion has been closed.