As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Quarantimes 2: Quarantine Harder

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Lot of corn in food around Indianapolis I always note

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Lot of corn in food around Indianapolis I always note

Well I mean it's Indianapolis, they've got the Indy 500 and that's about fucking it.

They've got GenCon and a nice little cultural street that I liked strolling along

Although GenCon is cancelled and probably moving to Chicago I hear

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    They've got GenCon and a nice little cultural street that I liked strolling along

I'm just being mean - I'm sure Indianapolis and Indiana have innumerable places and people worth celebrating.

It's just fun to give Yanks a little bit of stick every now and then...

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    As has been clearly established, we'd prefer a bit of stalk instead.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Ooooh, stalk it to me, baby!

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I heard that back in the day people would wipe their behinds with corncobs

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I heard that back in the day people would wipe their behinds with corncobs

mm, popular misconception - they actually would jam the cob up there to plug it up during periods where they wouldn't have time go properly wash themselves after defecating. This is where the slang term "cornhole" comes from.

• TefTef Registered User regular
    Cornholing is the most horrific name for such a banal activity

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    "What's up mothershuckers"

I'm dead

Tef wrote: »

Heyoo!

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    ALL HAIL THE CORN GOD

Cinteotl_Borgia.jpg

• 101101 Registered User regular
    Last weekend I had my first negroni in a restaurant and it was pretty damn amazing.

This weekend I had a go at making it myself and not so great - it was a lot more bitter than what i'd had before. I have a sneaking suspicion that what i've had previously was not atually equal measures gin/campari/vermouth, but regardless definitely going to make a few more of these. The taste wasn't bad, but might take soem getting used to

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I keep making questionable decisions when working from home.

This time, for instance, I have bought three bean balls and looked up juggling tutorials on YouTube. My current best is five catches. My worst is throwing a ball straight up into my face.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular

I'm just being mean - I'm sure Indianapolis and Indiana have innumerable places and people worth celebrating.

It's just fun to give Yanks a little bit of stick every now and then...

indianapolis and indiana get plenty of grief from the rest of the country anyway (and themselves if we're being honest) so it's all good

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Cornholing is also now a national sport

• TefTef Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Cornholing is also now a national sport

Hell yeah it is :winky:

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    If holes are ontologically parasitic, what are shadows

edited September 2020
    It was my birthday and I got a cake and a number of cool presents, and I climbed a new 6C+ which is a nice little gift to myself

My Mum wouldn't let me blow out candles on the cake, though. I had to hold a candle and blow on it lol

Solar on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Happy birthday, Solar!

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    If holes are ontologically parasitic, what are shadows

Whoops! Found the wizard! Hey everybody we got a wizard over here watch your fuckin broomsticks

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Here are the three most Jedocesque things I have ever written on this website:
    1. I spent quite a bit of time as a kid in grain silos with a rope around my waist knocking corn encrustations off the walls with a monkey wrench. So I know that field corn is great ball pit material. Very smooth and slithery and pleasant to touch, would love to roll around in some right now.
    2. I spent a much smaller but even more memorable amount of time at the bottom of mostly-empty grain silos with a rope around my waist scooping years-old rotted corn out of the bit of the cone-shaped floor where the auger couldn't reach. I used a coffee can, and it took so many trips from the bottom of the silo to the door. The smell is the worst thing I have ever experienced by an extremely wide margin, and I have mucked out chicken coops and rabbit hutches and unloaded hay in feedlots and installed panels in pig barns and worked in a public library for almost a decade. So I know how a corn room could break bad without proper moisture control.
    3. I spent a still smaller but incredibly memorable amount of time as a teen volunteer at the county extension office's farm safety day camp, which included a little model grain bin that would suck a Beanie Baby bear to its horrible death at the flick of a switch. So I know precisely why it is important to keep your head above the corn.

so what i'm getting here is....

you're a muscley farm boy? :winky:

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    In the waiting room for surgery lol

Getting bulging discs fixed, we found them back in May and then ever since the start of August they've fucked with my spine and made my right arm and hand and both shoulders extremely painful and basically unusable for the past 2 months (I've been mostly one-hand posting, of course my right hand is my dominant hand so doing this has sucked ass lol)

Hopefully this works

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

Where are you hearing that? The last time I saw discussion about moving GenCon it was shut down with the info that they were locked in to Indy until or through 2023.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    In the waiting room for surgery lol

Getting bulging discs fixed, we found them back in May and then ever since the start of August they've fucked with my spine and made my right arm and hand and both shoulders extremely painful and basically unusable for the past 2 months (I've been mostly one-hand posting, of course my right hand is my dominant hand so doing this has sucked ass lol)

Hopefully this works

:winky:

Oh wait I misread that sorry.

That sounds like it sucks. Hope the surgery goes well.

Magic Pink wrote: »
    Here are the three most Jedocesque things I have ever written on this website:
    1. I spent quite a bit of time as a kid in grain silos with a rope around my waist knocking corn encrustations off the walls with a monkey wrench. So I know that field corn is great ball pit material. Very smooth and slithery and pleasant to touch, would love to roll around in some right now.
    2. I spent a much smaller but even more memorable amount of time at the bottom of mostly-empty grain silos with a rope around my waist scooping years-old rotted corn out of the bit of the cone-shaped floor where the auger couldn't reach. I used a coffee can, and it took so many trips from the bottom of the silo to the door. The smell is the worst thing I have ever experienced by an extremely wide margin, and I have mucked out chicken coops and rabbit hutches and unloaded hay in feedlots and installed panels in pig barns and worked in a public library for almost a decade. So I know how a corn room could break bad without proper moisture control.
    3. I spent a still smaller but incredibly memorable amount of time as a teen volunteer at the county extension office's farm safety day camp, which included a little model grain bin that would suck a Beanie Baby bear to its horrible death at the flick of a switch. So I know precisely why it is important to keep your head above the corn.

so what i'm getting here is....

you're a muscley farm boy? :winky:

We have established that Jedoc is:

1: A supersoldier in the fight against malevolent spirits invading the corporeal world.
    2: Possibly the world's greatest librarian? At least top three. And whoever controls information, controls the world.
    3: And now, a rural beefcake unafraid of a hard day's work in the fields (and also a hard :winky: night's work in the bedroom).

Truly, a triple-threat - not to be trifled with!

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Winky is the best emoticon. It makes me chuckle every time I see it.

Winky is so excited to be salaciously winking

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    It's true, I am just covered in rippling muscles. Or at least something that ripples when you poke at it.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    It's true, I am just covered in rippling muscles. Or at least something that ripples when you poke at it.

jellyfsh? is it jellyfish?

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

I see you too are a connoisseur of the jello bath

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Maybe it's like that one Dune book and he's covered in sand trout.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I spent fifteen minutes looking for winky, now I gotta bookmark it

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    download winky, save the gif, upload it as needed :winky:
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/plugins/PennyArcade/emoji/winky.gif

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    : winky: ?

3clipse wrote: »

That's not sand trout - it's wormsign the likes of which even GAWWWDDD himself has never seen.

That's not sand trout - it's wormsign the likes of which even GAWWWDDD himself has never seen.

Is the worm Jedoc's penis, or...?

Is the worm Jedoc's penis, or...?

as someone who has done the creepy come-on schtick way too much...

ew.

download winky, save the gif, upload it as needed :winky:
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/plugins/PennyArcade/emoji/winky.gif

In my photobucket account I had giant winky (a winky made up of pixels of different coloured winkys) and giant rolleyes, and also "the more you know".

All gone now because holy shitsnacks no, I am NOT going to pay USD$30/month for image hosting you delirious ghouls.

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Since it seems that working from home is just going to be my normal for the foreseeable future, I decided to get a standing desk. Still have some cable management stuff to do, but hey, I have room to put stuff on my desk now!

XkifdcE.jpg

This discussion has been closed.